• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 24, 2017
I went to Lovett or Leave It in Chicago, and something struck me.

In an audience full of presumably liberal people, just because, that's who buys tickets to see Lovett or Leave It, it was fascinating to see how the predominantly white crowd reacted to questions on the show.

For audience questions regarding race, the answer choices were low racism, middle racism and a shit ton of racism, in terms of economic effects, etc. Despite the true answers always being a shit ton of racism, liberal white people would rarely ever choose that option. The always opted for the "racism is real, but not super bad." middle answers.

I would look at the other people of color I was near, and we all shared the same look.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You see if you acknowledge it's real then you can't be part of the problem, but I'd it's not that bad then you don't have to worry about doing or changing anything

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
I would not leave any bag at all in the car. Even when I leave my lunchbag I get paranoid.

Also, I was 18 and young and in love (with someone I met on Maplestory because I have a type and that type is potential axe murderer on the internets.)

Why did you not tell me this before meph and I went to dinner by ourselves in some super good but super sketch part of LA?

So we went to karaoke last night with some friends, and there were was this one white chick that was like... really on point rapping. She was so enthusiastic rapping, doing the head bopping hand gesture, it was so.... so...

Like, it was definitely one of those "becky" moments or whatever. I just gave meph this look.

I've never seen this in real life before. Only heard about it on the internet or secondhand, but mannnnn it was so surreal.

Also a room of definitely not black people very happily using saying "nigga" is also super surreal. I honestly don't get it. We live in a really nice, upper middle class area that is mostly really white and Asians. I just don't get it, lol.

LOL. I wished I could have seen Blue Screened Pet.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, do I really seem like the axe murdering type? That's so messy and leaves DNA evidence everywhere.

Fair. Though you could have done it in the car at some point and just disposed of the car entirely. But considering you did choose where we ate; it probably would have been slow acting poison of some kind, preferably one that wouldn't take full effect until after I got back to Seattle....

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
How would fellow Asian-ERA folks commit murder? Hypothetically anyway?

GroundedAnchoredGelding-size_restricted.gif

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

it's not murder if it's a sword duel where we clash blades and then rush at each other and there's a sound effect, i sheathe the sword, and then the other guy fountains blood right

that's just a sword duel that's totally legit right

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Huh.... While Black Lightning was in commercials a Wells Fargo commercial aired that had a interracial couple! Asian man and a Black woman. That's pretty cool.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

meph I think this is all you, though you may not want to reveal all of them in case the police ever dig up this post.

Personally, it would really depend on who I'm murdering.

But most likely they'd fall off a cruise ship, accidentally fall off a mountain while hiking/climbing, or engage in some otherwise risky sport which would lead their unfortunate demise. Maybe an accident when snorkeling or diving?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
yooooooo

fuckin justin lin on the SF Tong Wars?!?!? holy shit

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
yooooooo

fuckin justin lin on the SF Tong Wars?!?!? holy shit

1st i've heard of this
looks pretty dope
as long as the action is good (at least something like into the badlands instead of the rotten liquid shit ala iron fist) i'll probably watch this

edit: wow there's joe taslim, this should be pretty good

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Any NYC ERA Chinese speaking college student looking for a job?

The company I work for is looking for someone young and can speak Chinese to be a brand ambassador at JFK and/or LGA airports. I don't know the full details, and I won't promise you amazing pay. If you lack experience, this is not a bad place to start. I got my start as a brand ambassador years ago too. Let me know if you're interested. They want someone young and fresh out of college to promote an app.

I don't know any young fresh out of college Chinese people, so I figured I give ERA a try.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Any NYC ERA Chinese speaking college student looking for a job?

The company I work for is looking for someone young and can speak Chinese to be a brand ambassador at JFK and/or LGA airports. I don't know the full details, and I won't promise you amazing pay. If you lack experience, this is not a bad place to start. I got my start as a brand ambassador years ago too. Let me know if you're interested. They want someone young and fresh out of college to promote an app.

I don't know any young fresh out of college Chinese people, so I figured I give ERA a try.

Does brand ambassador now mean something different than a young, scantily clad chick hawking shit at you? haha

Dec 24, 2017
Coworker: I'm really into Korean cuisine.

Me: Oh really? What's your favorite dish?

Coworker: I love the BBQ.

Me: Cool! What else have you tried?

Coworker: Like the side plates?

Me: Oh. Uhm...anything else besides grilled meat?

Coworker: That's Korean food. Grilled meats and those little side dishes. I go there all the time. That's what Koreans eat.

I've never been so happy to be interrupted by an important call at work.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Coworker: I'm really into Korean cuisine.

Me: Oh really? What's your favorite dish?

Coworker: I love the BBQ.

Me: Cool! What else have you tried?

Coworker: Like the side plates?

Me: Oh. Uhm...anything else besides grilled meat?

Coworker: That's Korean food. Grilled meats and those little side dishes. I go there all the time. That's what Koreans eat.

I've never been so happy to be interrupted by an important call at work.
My friends introduced me to a pretty good kbbq place the other week. I knew it was there but avoided it because it used to be a subpar buffet

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know why but korean food, aisde from the bbq and bibimbop, is just not something that appeals to me. something in the flavor profile? idk

and the chicken

...okay maybe i just like certain types of korean food

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Yukgaejang is fucking amazing, man. I don't even like Korean BBQ very much, but I LOVE soondofu & yukgaejang. Anything that's hotstone, be it bibimbop or galbi, is also delicious.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest. I don't really like Kbbq either. To me it's a group thing and never something I'd want to eat with just me and my wife or alone. Not a big fan of bibimbap either. Soondubu is my go to for comfort food especially in the winter. Dokkbokki is a guilty pleasure of mine. My buddy keeps harping on me about how good samgyetang is but I haven't tried it.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sundubu jjigae is my fav Korean dish. Kimchi jjigae, gamjatang, galbitang, kalguksu, samgyetang, japchae, dolsot bibimbap - I love it all! I loved KBBQ in Seoul, but find it okay in North America (even in LA which some people say should be better than in Korea, but I found it a letdown - maybe I didn't go to the right place, but it was highly-rated)

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get bbq almost every week with the wife and kids. We love it and the place was suggested to me by some international students from Korea over 10 years ago. Every other place within 15 miles of Boston is garbage compared to this place...lolz

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Soondubu is easily my favorite Korean food.

KBBQ is good and everything but its over priced for what it is. Its probably one the lower end of my preferred grilled meat experiences.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Delicious

I think my go-to Korean dish is Yookgaejang.

What's the place?
New Jang Su in Burlington. It's a total dive compared to Koreana, that place in Allston, or that place in Porter Sq, but the kalbi is sooooo much better. Don't even bother with the bulgogi. We usually get the spicy squid and seafood doengjang jige too. I actually thought kbbq sucked before going here.

It's also a down low byob, so ask the servers if it's ok. They'll give you a teapot.

Let me know what you think!