• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 24, 2017
So, in case I get banned tomorrow. Let me just share this story of April Fool's gone horribly wrong. To preface this, I have cancer. I know, seems like a non sequitur, but its important to the story.

So, earlier tonight, my best friend, who I am fostering this pitbull with, are texting back and forth. The dog is with her. I am in love with this dog. I didn't intend to be, but I am.

"Hey, Berry (the pitbull) has cancer. They did biopsies and everything."

Is she going to die?

"I don't know."

This is why I can't have pets.

So, I can't deal with this at all. And I go into the shower, clothed and I sob. Ugly, ugly sob. There's a lot going on. Eventually, I stop sobbing, try and pull myself together and I text her back.

Hey, I think I'm ok now. I think. Or maybe I'm radically compartmentalizing. I dunno. I just sobbed in the shower for like 20 minutes. But its ok. Everything is ok.

"I feel like a dick."

Why? It's not you fault.

"April Fool's."

WAT. So, which is it? Did you just make the worst April Fool's joke of both our lifetimes, or does the dog have cancer? It's ok either way, I'm just going to judge you way harder for one than the other.

It's been over an hour and I still don't know which one it is.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
counterpoint: the dog petting in videogames account is rating cat petting now and its very good

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Happy birthday Yinyangfooey !!

Also I'm at work so can the Discord mods shoot out invites accordingly to whoever asks here?

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Any OT thread to do with Asians and racism is quite predictable now. It goes the same way every time.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realise there was an Asian OT. Hello ERA! Found it after that particular thread.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Double post y'all but I got snapped. See everyone on the other side!

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't participate, so here's his post:

Anytime there is a post involving Asians and racism on GAF and Era.

1. Rush to downplay the impact of racism against Asians. Some of it is whataboutism, very rarely is it oppression contests, mostly I think it's part of a larger pattern where Asians are used as a wedge against other POC and marginalized groups.

2. Comparing everything Asian through a lease of weebism. I get that to some extent, that was a gateway to a different part of the world.

3. Bring up that they have an Asian partner and that is some sort of validation to act an expert. Please, fucking stop with that bullshit.

4. General fucking colonialist attitude and condescending towards Asians whenever actual Asians try and explain the issues. Just because your delicate sensibilities get offended that you may have latent racist attitudes doesn't mean it's out of the realm of possibility.

5. Rally 'round the token. If any POC, or member of a marginalized group has a statement or view that is contretemps with the collective POC or marginalized experience, people want to hoist him on a elaborate Oriental palaquin and march that person around like the goddamn Sun God.
See you all soon!

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Good post tpr. I don't like to wade into those topics because the response are entirely predictable.

Also I've only seen half of thanos 1 so I've been avoiding any endgame stuff.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this ad on the newsfeed today and, yeah, I can definitely see why it might make Asian women watching it feel uncomfortable.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
So I watched the commercial...yeah wow...that's offensive towards Asian women, intentional or not I dunno how you could think otherwise.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry folks, I've been a little MIA the past couple of days. Hit me up if you want an invite to the discord.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing it. I would have preferred someone younger who matched the physique better. If they really wanted that age range, then Daniel Wu is the first to come to my mind.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Casting is fine.

It's the writing, set design, cinematography and choreography that will make or break the show.

Dec 24, 2017
I need to run a new seminar on how to track people down at my new office for older white office staff. I'm looking at this case file and it's for action against a gas station owner in GA. All the "research" done by the staff was targeting and internal medicine practitioner in PA. They both have what I would consider common Urdu names.

Which is the only reason these two are connected. I wonder how many demand letters we've accidentally sent to this doctor. WTF, we're supposed to be professionals.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
No issues with John Cho being Spike.

It does seem weird to me though that they didn't get an Asian person to play Faye considering they actually said she was from Singapore.