• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, not sure if that was aimed at me but I was joking, though in the past 2-3 years my Korean friends have definitely noticed a change/way more attraction from all races.

Nah. That was aimed at incels not you, lol.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they think Koreans make for better Asian Chads because of how crazy they all are.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, at school today an older [white] student told my pre-K [Asian] child that they have "ugly eyes".

No matter how progressive your school or city is, you're gonna encounter bigots.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I stumbled upon this guy's video essay channel on Asian films and it's pretty good. Two I want to highlight are criticisms on modern Chinese films that I've had for awhile.

I remember watching Ip Man thinking ...yeah the action is cool but the propaganda was just way too eye rolling

On Chinese blockbusters...

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Postgrad academics of Asian ERA where yall @? I've dismissed doing it immediately after finishing undergrad but I had a chat with a lecturer who reckoned it was better to do it sooner than later. Got me thinkin

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Postgrad academics of Asian ERA where yall @? I've dismissed doing it immediately after finishing undergrad but I had a chat with a lecturer who reckoned it was better to do it sooner than later. Got me thinkin

If you're mentally mature enough to go directly to postgraduate study, I think it makes sense to do so.

I say that from the perspective of someone who went directly to postgraduate study without having the necessary maturity to explore and engage in research. (I did get my Master's, but it was just a piece of paper.)

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched Always Be My Maybe last night. I liked it.

Watched it two nights ago.

I liked parts of ABMM (the bits with the guest star, Mr. Kim, and when Ali talked smack), but found it pretty flat otherwise. The spouse seemed to enjoy it more than I did.

I vastly preferred CRA, although I'm sure the latter had a budget many times that of the former. In terms of plot, they're both pretty standard rom-coms in terms. CRA had more engaging side characters and great presentation/style. I like Ali Wong's standup, but she didn't sell her role here at all, let alone as well as Constance Wu did in CRA.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
whats american (or applicable country, I just assume american) postgrad money costs like anyway

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
whats american (or applicable country, I just assume american) postgrad money costs like anyway

Master's programs are paid for by the student, so it depends on the program. Usually professional degrees like an MBA or JD can be ~200k. Others like engineering or accounting tend to be less, but still some multiple more than undergraduate studies. Generally takes 2-3 years.

PhD/doctoral programs tend to be paid for by the school, with a small stipend paid as you're generally required to do TA/research work in addition to your own research. Generally 5-7 years, but can definitely drag on longer.

Medical programs are their own thing.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Congrats! What's next?

I'm working for the federal government now. I'll never suffer another 100 hour week AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOO.

Master's programs are paid for by the student, so it depends on the program. Usually professional degrees like an MBA or JD can be ~200k. Others like engineering or accounting tend to be less, but still some multiple more than undergraduate studies. Generally takes 2-3 years.

PhD/doctoral programs tend to be paid for by the school, with a small stipend paid as you're generally required to do TA/research work in addition to your own research. Generally 5-7 years, but can definitely drag on longer.

Medical programs are their own thing.
My accounting master program was 30k for two years, but I went to a local state uni. Granted, I got super lucky because it was close to my house and ranked number one in county, so it was easy to make the decision to go there since B4 recruited heavily from us.

So, if you want to go the cheap state uni way and still be "successful" (read: middle class), pick a school with a good rep in your field. Who do the top firms/companies of your field recruit out of? Go to that school.

My law school debt was 6 figures.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I think Law School and Med school (really most professional schools) are gonna run you about 6 figures, depending on the earning potential of that particular field after graduation. I actually read an interesting article about how B. Schools are having a harder time attracting people as it isn't viewed as an easy ticket into a high paying finance or upper management gig anymore.

Deleted member 2585

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah medical school debt in the US can easily go into six figures. Private schools are something like 60-80k/year * 4 years; in-state schools are like 1/2-2/3 that. Also, a lot of people have debt carrying over from undergrad (or weren't able to completely pay off that debt if they took gap years).

Granted, once you're in, you're almost certainly going to make 6 figures when you finish residency.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
oh thats interesting, my law school debt was 5 figures

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
yeah having my loans be so small (relative to other things) made getting the fuck outta law a lot easier tbh

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're mentally mature enough to go directly to postgraduate study, I think it makes sense to do so.

I say that from the perspective of someone who went directly to postgraduate study without having the necessary maturity to explore and engage in research. (I did get my Master's, but it was just a piece of paper.)
What do you mean by mental maturity? Because if we're talking good time management that ain't me.
What type of program are you thinking of doing?
Either a masters in marketing, management, or media studies - done in 1 and a half years.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Working really puts things into perspective. At least it did for me. I think that's what emag meant...

I was a terrible undergrad student but working really helped put my ass in place (thought I'm still prone to laziness)

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in an odd spot where I'm getting great grades, building good rapports with lecturers, and feeling like I'm actually picking up stuff that's worthwhile but feeling aimless, and precarious mental wellbeing wise. I do wanna keep learning but my uni culture, or lack thereof, is kinda alienating.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in an odd spot where I'm getting great grades, building good rapports with lecturers, and feeling like I'm actually picking up stuff that's worthwhile but feeling aimless, and precarious mental wellbeing wise. I do wanna keep learning but my uni culture, or lack thereof, is kinda alienating.

I mean sounds like you're bored with school or burned out....If you could line up a one year job while you're applying.. that might be good for you.