• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I wasn't talking about the drawings, but the comments about how adorable she is. Sorry about the miscommunication.

I can't get mad at that because I thought she was cute too lol.

Like I can't be like "damn that was cute" and then turn around and get mad at white people for thinking she's cute lol.

And on top of that a lot of the adoration is coming from all types of people, not just weebs. The way she did that had a Japanese "kawaii-ness" to it that's undeniable.

Like if a white chick did that I'd be like "wtf..."

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA

Like I can't be like "damn that was cute" and then turn around and get mad at white people for thinking she's cute lol.

And on top of that a lot of the adoration is coming from all types of people, not just weebs. The way she did that had a Japanese "kawaii-ness" to it that's undeniable.

Honestly that's a pretty weak-ass argument. Kawaiiness is maybe a thing but to describe it as an exclusively Japanese trait is pretty disheartening. I'd argue that this specific stereotype is actually mostly artificial, injected by otaku and weebs into culture and amplified. Ultimately, that stereotype is fairly debasing, to say the least. It's also not an accurate representation of how people act and behave, at best it's problematic and at worst it's a fantasy for people to enjoy in lieu of, well, I suppose, other things.

Going back to the topic at hand, however, Nakamura herself is fine, and she seems like a pretty nice person and a competent game developer so far (I suppose we'll see about that second part in a couple of years). People are definitely allowed to behave how they want to behave and I don't mind her presentation nor how she presented one bit. I don't even really mind people celebrating her and the reaction much at all, but I caution against reducing her to one dimension and declaring her your kawaii queen. I also remain cynical of ERA in particular, who has shown more than once that when it comes to women (not just Asian) that there's a lot of *wink wink* *nod nod* going around where words like adorable are surface level substitutions for "waifu", etc.

To ask a rhetorical question -- do you ever see people respond that way to a male game developer? Why is it okay to jump to adorable for women but for men it's about what they showed? When evaluating presentations given by men, it seems like there's a lot more discussion about what's shown and how it's shown rather than their body language during their presentation?

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly that's a pretty weak-ass argument. Kawaiiness is maybe a thing but to describe it as an exclusively Japanese trait is pretty disheartening. I'd argue that this specific stereotype is actually mostly artificial, injected by otaku and weebs into culture and amplified. Ultimately, that stereotype is fairly debasing, to say the least. It's also not an accurate representation of how people act and behave, at best it's problematic and at worst it's a fantasy for people to enjoy in lieu of, well, I suppose, other things.

Going back to the topic at hand, however, Nakamura herself is fine, and she seems like a pretty nice person and a competent game developer so far (I suppose we'll see about that second part in a couple of years). People are definitely allowed to behave how they want to behave and I don't mind her presentation nor how she presented one bit. I don't even really mind people celebrating her and the reaction much at all, but I caution against reducing her to one dimension and declaring her your kawaii queen. I also remain cynical of ERA in particular, who has shown more than once that when it comes to women (not just Asian) that there's a lot of *wink wink* *nod nod* going around where words like adorable are surface level substitutions for "waifu", etc.

To ask a rhetorical question -- do you ever see people respond that way to a male game developer? Why is it okay to jump to adorable for women but for men it's about what they showed? When evaluating presentations given by men, it seems like there's a lot more discussion about what's shown and how it's shown rather than their body language during their presentation?

Nah there's a specific type of cuteness that's pretty Japanese. It's everywhere in Japan and influences how people act to various degrees. If people think the average person acts like anime all the time that's their problem.

As for people reducing her to their "waifu", I didn't see anyone doing that. Call them out when they do, but what I saw was some people appreciating her presentation and the fan art, and others talking about how it's creepy. But, I didn't really see much creeping going on so wtf?

As for you question, no I haven't seen it happen the same way to male developers. I noticed some examples in the thread, but I honestly wasn't paying much attention to who it was so you'll have to find them in there. What I've seen is that when it happens to dudes it's usually when they fuck up, do something ridiculous, or look ridiculous, and get turned into a meme lol.

I mean I'm sure if a male dev looked like Keanu they'd be all kinds of absolutely filthy fan art lol.

And people are talking about the trailer. It's just that specific thread was about how the internet reacted to her presentation with fan art.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
In my opinion you are wrong. I strongly dislike the notion that there are mannerisms, ect.. that are uniquely Japanese or more broadly Asian because that's just another form of Orientalist reductionism. Saying that kawaii culture is "uniquely Japanese" is wrong because while there maybe things that may be uniquely Japanese this is certainly not one of them, it's an amalgam of otaku and weeb dreams, Japanese and Western, but simultaneously neither. It's manufactured bullshit packaged and sold.

To address your other points, as I mentioned, nothing in that thread was explicitly creepy, per say, although I'd argue intent makes a large part of that. What I found pretty creepy is that weird double take during the Bethesda conference where suddenly, the thread went from talking about the games to talking about her, which I mean is pretty weird but also at the same time perfectly expected. That thread is a continuation of that, where a woman's personality, mannerisms, and fan art drawn about her is apparently more important than the game she's making or the credentials she has to make said game.

All this is to say that she can be cute and adorable because that is her right. But, no offense, if you expect me to believe that there aren't thirsty AF weebs in that new thread thinking about their new waifu queen then, well, I've got a bridge to sell you dude. Yeah, I can't point explicitly to one person because it's not a black and white situation. But it's definitely there.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's still objectification no matter how you slice it and having it come from white nerds over a Japanese woman is extra problematic especially when it's an industry trade show. She might as well have been a booth girl.

White girls cash in on this type of persona too.

On an unrelated note, I've been listening to the Journey to the West podcast, which features a few Asian women that centers around Asian feminism and it's REALLY good.

Last edited:

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
In my opinion you are wrong. I strongly dislike the notion that there are mannerisms, ect.. that are uniquely Japanese or more broadly Asian because that's just another form of Orientalist reductionism. Saying that kawaii culture is "uniquely Japanese" is wrong because while there maybe things that may be uniquely Japanese this is certainly not one of them, it's an amalgam of otaku and weeb dreams, Japanese and Western, but simultaneously neither. It's manufactured bullshit packaged and sold.

To address your other points, as I mentioned, nothing in that thread was explicitly creepy, per say, although I'd argue intent makes a large part of that. What I found pretty creepy is that weird double take during the Bethesda conference where suddenly, the thread went from talking about the games to talking about her, which I mean is pretty weird but also at the same time perfectly expected. That thread is a continuation of that, where a woman's personality, mannerisms, and fan art drawn about her is apparently more important than the game she's making or the credentials she has to make said game.

All this is to say that she can be cute and adorable because that is her right. But, no offense, if you expect me to believe that there aren't thirsty AF weebs in that new thread thinking about their new waifu queen then, well, I've got a bridge to sell you dude. Yeah, I can't point explicitly to one person because it's not a black and white situation. But it's definitely there.

It's not reductionist to recognize certain mannerisms as coming from a certain culture. If I'm walking down the street and I see an asian guy doing slight "head bows" while he's talking on the phone, Imma assume he's Japanese because that's just some shit we do. I've never seen anyone else do that (although Koreans might do it as well?). Also, Kawaii shit existed way before anime so idk wtf you're talking about with that one. Kawaii just means cute, and certain mannerisms are recognized as "acting cute" in Japan. Were there western influences in certain aspects (like fashion, music, manga, anime, etc)? Yeah. But that also applies to broader cultural and societal changes in Japan. That doesn't make it not Japanese.

Also, as far as I could tell, most people are talking about her because that shit was unexpected. People were sort of worried for her because she appeared pretty nervous, but then she turned it around and won everyone over with her enthusiasm and personality. Japanese media is reporting it as "How a Japanese woman grabbed people's hearts".

And yeah, of course there's gonna be thirsty weebs. As long as they're not shitting up a thread then wtf is the problem? The only people shitting up the thread were the people automatically jumping to it being creepy. Are you gonna vet every comment and fan art post and go "drawn by white dude - creepy, drawn by Asian woman - not creepy, drawn by Asian dude - results pending" lol? If there's nothing disrespectful, objectifying, or creepy there (which there wasn't), then who gives a shit? The thread was made and almost immediately it was labeled "creepy white dudes", when if you look at who's drawing the fan art, you'll notice that a lot of women (both Asian and non-Asian) are contributing as well.

I get the feeling that if you express a like for anything that's Japanese on this forum, you're automatically labeled creepy and weird, and as a Japanese person I don't appreciate it. Anytime a Japanese person does anything the conversation has to veer towards some "lol weebs" shit, and it's embarrassing.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TickleMeElbow

Why would it be weird to like your own cultural shit? Those weebs aren't Japanese so they have a completely different type of relationship with your culture. I'm not saying that they can't enjoy it, but it's tailored and marketed to their own cultural biases for better or worse.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I get the feeling that if you express a like for anything that's Japanese on this forum, you're automatically labeled creepy and weird, and as a Japanese person I don't appreciate it. Anytime a Japanese person does anything the conversation has to veer towards some "lol weebs" shit, and it's embarrassing.

I think this statement is pretty ironic considering that aside from the possible exception of comic books, Japanese stuff is the most talked about, most anticipated, and most accepted form of media on ERA. I mean this is a board dedicated to video games. If anything, I wish ERA would be more critical of Japanese people who say problematic things on one hand but make amazing video games on the other hand. Sure, I agree though that anime gets less of a pass than things appealing to middle aged men.

Aside from that, I think we can agree to disagree. I think that otaku/manga/anime culture is manufactured and I don't see it as authentic, but I think you can think otherwise. I would say that you should look into the history a bit but it's not super important to me either way. I think that for some reason people like to put Japanese culture on a pedestal, as being uniquely **something** and that notion is problematic to me regardless of whom it comes from, Japanese or otherwise.

And yes, this comes from a Japanese person, FWIW. I don't think you need to be Japanese to have an opinion about these things, though.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
TickleMeElbow

Why would it be weird to like your own cultural shit? Those weebs aren't Japanese so they have a completely different type of relationship with your culture.

I'm talking about people thinking it's weird that non-Japanese people like our shit or aspects of our culture.

Because on this forum I get the sense that;

If you like Japanese shit you're weird.

Because Japan and Japanese people = weird.

So unless you're from that "weird" culture you shouldn't like their weird shit, and if you like their weird shit you're a weirdo weeb.

That's the sense I get from this forum and just being Japanese in the US. "Only weirdos like Japanese shit because Japanese people are weird. Their electronics are cool though".

Which is ridiculous considering this is a goddamn gaming forum, and Japan's influence on video games is undeniable.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I think this statement is pretty ironic considering that aside from the possible exception of comic books, Japanese stuff is the most talked about, most anticipated, and most accepted form of media on ERA. I mean this is a board dedicated to video games. If anything, I wish ERA would be more critical of Japanese people who say problematic things on one hand but make amazing video games on the other hand. Sure, I agree though that anime gets less of a pass than things appealing to middle aged men.

Aside from that, I think we can agree to disagree. I think that otaku/manga/anime culture is manufactured and I don't see it as authentic, but I think you can think otherwise. I would say that you should look into the history a bit but it's not super important to me either way. I think that for some reason people like to put Japanese culture on a pedestal, as being uniquely **something** and that notion is problematic to me regardless of whom it comes from, Japanese or otherwise.

And yes, this comes from a Japanese person, FWIW. I don't think you need to be Japanese to have an opinion about these things, though.

There's two sides to it.

On one extreme end there's blind worship, and on the other end there's blatant disrespect and belittlement. I didn't see any blind worship in that thread however. I saw people liking her and her presentation being called creepy. Which is what I often notice on this forum.

Do you act different in Japan? I know I do. I communicate differently with Japanese people, not just when it comes to language obviously, but the way my posture is, the way I move my head, the way I use my hands, the way I use my voice. I do this because I was raised in that culture. I was also raised in American culture, so I express myself differently among Americans. Acknowledging those cultural differences, appreciating them, or criticizing them, is not putting Japan on a pedestal or being disrespectful. However, a lot of what I see is just straight up "lol Japan".

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
There's two sides to it.

On one extreme end there's blind worship, and on the other end there's blatant disrespect and belittlement. I didn't see any blind worship in that thread however. I saw people liking her and her presentation being called creepy. Which is what I often notice on this forum.

Do you act different in Japan? I know I do. I communicate differently with Japanese people, not just when it comes to language obviously, but the way my posture is, the way I move my head, the way I use my hands, the way I use my voice. I do this because I was raised in that culture. I was also raised in American culture, so I express myself differently among Americans. Acknowledging those cultural differences, appreciating them, or criticizing them, is not putting Japan on a pedestal or being disrespectful. However, a lot of what I see is just straight up "lol Japan".

Here's my problem with Japanese exceptionalism:

1) Among foreigners it creates a false romanticism of Japan as something that it's not. It reduces Japan to core dimensions that don't capture the real thing at all. By contributing to that narrative people falsely think things like: "Wow in Japan women generally behave in a certain way" or, perhaps more generally, that Japan is some sort of mythology rather than a real life place. You see this sometimes when Americans go to live in Japan and discover that hey, yeah, there's actually a lot of problems in Japan.

2) Among Japanese it creates a sense of Nationalism that, quite frankly, is dangerous and unacceptable. Sure, countries and their citizens need to be proud of who they are and what they've accomplished -- I'm all for that. But Japanese exceptionalism is a big problem in Japan and one of the reasons why we can't get along with our neighbors that well. It's not healthy and I wish that fewer Japanese fell for it.

On this board, you get a lot of (1) because people like video games from Japan. I think that's okay, but I also think there should be pushback against that sort of false romantisicm. Especially in the case of people fawning over Nakamura, whom, as I said before, seems like a perfectly nice an gracious person.But I also think in some cases it's fair to point out that yes, a lot of that fawning is over sexual attraction. I didn't engage with that thread in particular because I do think it's hard to separate the two. But, as I said above you aren't going to convince me that:

But, no offense, if you expect me to believe that there aren't thirsty AF weebs in that new thread thinking about their new waifu queen then, well, I've got a bridge to sell you dude.

I mean that's part of what that "culture" has devolved into, unfortunately.

Again, not that it should matter, but I lived in Japan for over 10 years, so I think I know how to behave and navigate within the culture. Hell dude, I spent my teenage years in Japan, it was probably one of the formative experience of my life.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Here's my problem with Japanese exceptionalism:

1) Among foreigners it creates a false romanticism of Japan as something that it's not. It reduces Japan to core dimensions that don't capture the real thing at all. By contributing to that narrative people falsely think things like: "Wow in Japan women generally behave in a certain way" or, perhaps more generally, that Japan is some sort of mythology rather than a real life place. You see this sometimes when Americans go to live in Japan and discover that hey, yeah, there's actually a lot of problems in Japan.

2) Among Japanese it creates a sense of Nationalism that, quite frankly, is dangerous and unacceptable. Sure, countries and their citizens need to be proud of who they are and what they've accomplished -- I'm all for that. But Japanese exceptionalism is a big problem in Japan and one of the reasons why we can't get along with our neighbors that well. It's not healthy and I wish that fewer Japanese fell for it.

On this board, you get a lot of (1) because people like video games from Japan. I think that's okay, but I also think there should be pushback against that sort of false romantisicm. Especially in the case of people fawning over Nakamura, whom, as I said before, seems like a perfectly nice an gracious person.But I also think in some cases it's fair to point out that yes, a lot of that fawning is over sexual attraction. I didn't engage with that thread in particular because I do think it's hard to separate the two. But, as I said above you aren't going to convince me that:

I mean that's part of what that "culture" has devolved into, unfortunately.

Again, not that it should matter, but I lived in Japan for over 10 years, so I think I know how to behave and navigate within the culture. Hell dude, I spent my teenage years in Japan, it was probably one of the formative experience of my life.

Recognizing something as being Japanese or from Japan is not Japanese exceptionalism imo.

To me Japanese exceptionalism is "we're allowed to illegally hunt whales because we're Japanese", or "Japanese women are more sensitive than women from other cultures because they're Japanese".

Seeing her open with a "イエーイ!" and closing with "見てね!!!" + *pose* felt pretty Japanese to me, and honestly put a smile on my face. Seeing people dig it instead of thinking it's weird put a smile on my face. The wholesome fan art put a smile on my face. Her openly appreciating said reactions and fan art put a smile on my face.

I don't want to see people being labeled creepy simply because it brought a smile to their faces as well, and they decided to express it. As long as they keep it classy I'm good, and as far as I could tell most people kept it classy.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I guess what I'd say to that is I'm a bit suspect in the end. That doesn't mean that I don't think people have good intentions, but I also just don't also trust that people have good intentions either. My experience as well as that linked thread above, in my opinion, shows that, but I think it's fine to have another interpretation.

Regardless, I think generally this topic is played out, so we'll just agree to disagree for now.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I guess what I'd say to that is I'm a bit suspect in the end. That doesn't mean that I don't think people have good intentions, but I also just don't also trust that people have good intentions either. My experience as well as that linked thread above, in my opinion, shows that, but I think it's fine to have another interpretation.

Regardless, I think generally this topic is played out, so we'll just agree to disagree for now.

I totally get being suspicious.

I just didn't think it was entirely appropriate for that specific thread (I don't think you even posted in there anyways haha). It's just frustrating for me when every other thread about Japan seemingly turns into a "weebs vs normies" battle. I was expecting that thread to be gross, but was surprised to see that the fan art posted was fine. But instead of talking about that it just yet again turned into another "weebs vs normies" battle when nobody was even acting weebish.

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
On that note, how did we start associating "weebs" with Japanophiles? I only remember the original PBF comic, and then suddenly the association happened.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
My teenaged niece actually thought weeaboo was a perfectly alright thing to call someone. I had to explain to her and her friend that it was a made up word to insult people.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I totally get being suspicious.

I just didn't think it was entirely appropriate for that specific thread (I don't think you even posted in there anyways haha). It's just frustrating for me when every other thread about Japan seemingly turns into a "weebs vs normies" battle. I was expecting that thread to be gross, but was surprised to see that the fan art posted was fine. But instead of talking about that it just yet again turned into another "weebs vs normies" battle when nobody was even acting weebish.
I think what it comes down to is that white people haven't earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having a respectful relationship with our cultures. Skepticism should be the default stance.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
My teenaged niece actually thought weeaboo was a perfectly alright thing to call someone. I had to explain to her and her friend that it was a made up word to insult people.

its funny because weeb has been adopted as self-descriptive but weeaboo is still insulting. lol

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I also want to say, that I don't take anything personally when discussing things on here (even in person, really) so even if I disagree with you on something I still consider you a friend. I know it's probably clear to most people but I do think that it's worth repeating every once in a while. Cheers TickleMeElbow and others who joined in the conversation.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its funny because weeb has been adopted as self-descriptive but weeaboo is still insulting. lol
With the pace at which internet speak changes I wouldn't be surprised if something else replaces weeb/weaboo as the dominant pejorative in this domain. That said, I still took umbrage when one of my (mostly) white geek friend-circles tried to pin me as a weeb 💀

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017

Just gonna chime in that you ain't crazy, I agree. Good posts!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Why is important to promote inclusivity to a group of people who objectify and co-opt our experiences/cultures? If there was a healthy respect/treatment/enjoyment of that culture, they wouldn't be weebs.
This reminds me of the general perception of Chinese tourists. Just because there are bad apples around doesn't mean you should generalize, especially since you don't really know those people. I've been spoken to like I'm a tourist more and more often nowadays based on how I look. At any rate, educating foreigners about the values and social norms of your culture seems more progressive than shunning them.

Dec 24, 2017
This reminds me of the general perception of Chinese tourists. Just because there are bad apples around doesn't mean you should generalize, especially since you don't really know those people. I've been spoken to like I'm a tourist more and more often nowadays based on how I look. At any rate, educating foreigners about the values and social norms of your culture seems more progressive than shunning them.

I don't see those as similar things. Because even though I think that Chinese tourist to act badly, I know there is a historical and cultural root cause for some of the behavior and that is something that take time to change. The objectification and misappropriation of Asian cultures/people as part of a frankly racist aspirational fantasy isn't the same thing.

When the weebs defense force, they aren't necessarily defending the right of whatever Asian culture/country they are stanning in support of that country/culture's right of self-determination, they are stanning the basis of their fetish. And this is despite repeated attempts to point out what lines get crossed from being supportive to reinforcing cultural stereotypes/perceptions that are self serving to that aspirational fantasy as opposed supporting the culture/people.

That's at least how I make my distinction between weebs and people who are genuinely interested in the culture

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I also want to say, that I don't take anything personally when discussing things on here (even in person, really) so even if I disagree with you on something I still consider you a friend. I know it's probably clear to most people but I do think that it's worth repeating every once in a while. Cheers TickleMeElbow and others who joined in the conversation.

I just want to take this time to say, I agree, and I hope y'all feel the same way.

Also, I didn't chime in, but I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on this. All the posts have been really great. Thank you everyone for your contributions.

I don't see those as similar things. Because even though I think that Chinese tourist to act badly, I know there is a historical and cultural root cause for some of the behavior and that is something that take time to change. The objectification and misappropriation of Asian cultures/people as part of a frankly racist aspirational fantasy isn't the same thing.

When the weebs defense force, they aren't necessarily defending the right of whatever Asian culture/country they are stanning in support of that country/culture's right of self-determination, they are stanning the basis of their fetish. And this is despite repeated attempts to point out what lines get crossed from being supportive to reinforcing cultural stereotypes/perceptions that are self serving to that aspirational fantasy as opposed supporting the culture/people.

That's at least how I make my distinction between weebs and people who are genuinely interested in the culture

This is where I am w/Chinese tourists at least. I admit I don't spend much time thinking about terms like "weeb" or what it means, but maybe I should..

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad we can discuss this stuff here since I honestly felt pretty uncomfortable wading into the pits that is the actual thread itself. I know metathread commentary is kinda iffy and it sucks that this topic often becomes the Anti-Asian Casual Racism Discussion thread but its nice to be able to talk this out with people

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad we can discuss this stuff here since I honestly felt pretty uncomfortable wading into the pits that is the actual thread itself. I know metathread commentary is kinda iffy and it sucks that this topic often becomes the Anti-Asian Casual Racism Discussion thread but its nice to be able to talk this out with people
There's always the discord channel.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i also find it fascinating how distinct the asian-american experience is from my asian-australian experience if that makes any sense

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the diaspora experience is gonna vary based on where you are, although we all share the privilege of living in the post-racial utopia that is the Anglosphere :^)

Dec 24, 2017
6dhne4xs3x331.jpg

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started watching Warrior and holy shit is the canto bad. The translations aren't good either.

I honestly think out of all the things the Trump administration has done this one will be viewed as the worst.
And it's about to get a whole lot worse. This is just the beginning. The administration has been slowly testing what the public would be willing to tolerate over the last couple years and we're going to see federal agents start acting like the SS in a literal sense. With all the rhetoric about China, we're going to see a lot more Lee Wen Ho's.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Started watching Warrior and holy shit is the canto bad. The translations aren't good either.

No defense against it...Canto is terrible but the rest of the show in terms of characterization and setting gets a lot better. I wish they took a page out of the Americans and just dubbed the canto portions. (For those that never watched the show, during flashbacks, the main characters just had their dialogue dubbed over in Russian and it was totally fine).

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just imagining the Fox News headlines now.

" Formerly interned Japanese man admits that the relocation camps weren't bad" .

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if that has anything to do with the mods here being slightly better* at taking action against anti-Asian racism?

So far I am batting 100% when it comes to mods taking action regarding posts I report.

*granted the bar is exceptionally low.... I would love it if he would push his mod team to improve when it comes to taking action against the anti-Asian bullshit that still creeps in here

Last edited:

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I attributed any W's to spider, hope you're well these days :>

Asian ERA drinks would be fun, tho as the youngest Id be stuck pouring drinks all night ㅋㅋ