• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're all still in dishes, not transferred/implanted, so it's not like they put all 23 in for a battle royale hoping that one absorbs the powers of all others like I asked the doctor to do.

It's probably for the best. She's not a shark or a Metal Gear character and I've seen how that happens with people
tumblr_o513050LL51vqucmlo9_r1_540.gif

So did they only put one in during the surgery?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of babies, Are We Done Yet is on in this office and this woman has the clearest 2 month pregnant ultrasound I've ever seen (fun fact: I once lied to Ice Cube that I owned this movie)

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So did they only put one in during the surgery?

No, this is just the extraction, nothing has been transferred yet. That's a totally different procedure. It's just that the extraction also includes fertilization, as it evidently improves survival rates/general quality during and after freezing.

Maybe it's like in Netflix Sabrina where the stronger embryos have to eat the weaker ones in the womb.

Not Sabrina related, but yes, that was what I had hoped for.

Pregger Unknown Battleground

I read that and think of dropping 100 pregnant women from an airplane to a remote island. A slower-but-much-more-vicious battle royale. All restrooms will be camped by sniper fire.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017
Does anyone here have to deal with 1st generation immigrant business owners? I'm getting kind of annoyed with them, in that, I know they know when they are doing a bad thing. I don't think it's a function of poor English skills at all. I'm dealing with this family that owns a chain of restaurants and they feign ignorance of their legal/fiscal obligations and blame it on their poor English skills.

I lost my temper and basically lectured this person that they own a chain of multiple businesses, dumb people don't do that and I know their English is way better than they let on. And what they are doing is making it contributing to marking it harder for everyone else that has to live in a white man's world in America.

I think I really go to him because he wanted to settle at 25% of his total judgement.

I told him I'm suing the living daylights out of him now and said he needs to lawyer up.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here have to deal with 1st generation immigrant business owners? I'm getting kind of annoyed with them, in that, I know they know when they are doing a bad thing. I don't think it's a function of poor English skills at all. I'm dealing with this family that owns a chain of restaurants and they feign ignorance of their legal/fiscal obligations and blame it on their poor English skills.

I lost my temper and basically lectured this person that they own a chain of multiple businesses, dumb people don't do that and I know their English is way better than they let on. And what they are doing is making it contributing to marking it harder for everyone else that has to live in a white man's world in America.

I think I really go to him because he wanted to settle at 25% of his total judgement.

I told him I'm suing the living daylights out of him now and said he needs to lawyer up.

My side job is basically their lawyer. So what did they do, tax evasion, code violation, illegal workers?

Dec 24, 2017
My side job is basically their lawyer. So what did they do, tax evasion, code violation, illegal workers?

Non-compliance with worker's compensation auditing. They don't give their "accountants" or the insurance company any payroll/tax data. So the insurance companies run their audits with estimated payrolls, which generate huge unpaid premium numbers and when I call them about it, they pretend they don't know they were supposed to keep track of payroll and shit.

You don't run multiple businesses and not keep track of this shit. I tell them I don't care about reporting them to the dept of labor or ICE or anything, I just want them to send in paperwork. But they don't. So I sue, because they also signed personal guarantees.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Non-compliance with worker's compensation auditing. They don't give their "accountants" or the insurance company any payroll/tax data. So the insurance companies run their audits with estimated payrolls, which generate huge unpaid premium numbers and when I call them about it, they pretend they don't know they were supposed to keep track of payroll and shit.

You don't run multiple businesses and not keep track of this shit. I tell them I don't care about reporting them to the dept of labor or ICE or anything, I just want them to send in paperwork. But they don't. So I sue, because they also signed personal guarantees.
I used to have to create reports like this and it SUCKED because I had no idea how to pull the data from the payroll service so I had to manually key in entries in excel. IT FUCKIN SUCKED DONKEY BALLS.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017

Obviously they keep track of these, but its hard to report when most of the payroll are under the table usually because a large percent of these workers don't have documents.

Are they filing taxes? What do they put on those?

What kind of insurance are you talking about here? Liability insurance for the corporation?

I'm surprised they put all the businesses under one Corporation, its usually better and safer to have each one as a separate Corp.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

As a kid I always heard about those cash-only restaurants getting audited all the time from parents' grapevine gossip, occasionally resulting in people being posted outside their business to monitor foot traffic to get a better estimate of their real revenues. I used to assume that it's how small businesses are operated in their home country as a matter of lack of/weak enforcement, but now I'm not so sure.

Dec 24, 2017
As a kid I always heard about those cash-only restaurants getting audited all the time from parents' grapevine gossip, occasionally resulting in people being posted outside their business to monitor foot traffic to get a better estimate of their real revenues. I used to assume that it's how small businesses are operated in their home country as a matter of lack of/weak enforcement, but now I'm not so sure.
In certain jurisdictions I think till raids are still a thing you can do. After getting a judgment, deputies go in a seize all the cash at an establishment, usually a bar or restaurant where there is a lot of cash. Then they owed money is removed.

Dec 24, 2017
Obviously they keep track of these, but its hard to report when most of the payroll are under the table usually because a large percent of these workers don't have documents.

Are they filing taxes? What do they put on those?

What kind of insurance are you talking about here? Liability insurance for the corporation?

I'm surprised they put all the businesses under one Corporation, its usually better and safer to have each one as a separate Corp.

In these cases it's mostly worker's compensation insurance. It's a big deal because the state regulatory agencies really make sure the people are carrying enough WC for their employees. So, these WC audits are a big deal.

When they can't get the accurate payroll numbers they will use estimated payroll which usually is much higher and results in fairly large sums being owed post-audit. I think it's to scare people into turning in their paperwork. But some people still refuse and would rather roll the dice on "Is it worth your time to chase me?" Most of the time no. But when you are operating 5 restaurants with hundreds of employees, it's really bad to not do this. Then, more than once we discover so many labor violations along the way

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

So I may or may not be employed by a certain government arm that goes after people who do not correctly report their income to the government, for the same division that deals with what you're talking about.

IMHO, if you can, just report them to the IRS. You'll get a reward for turning them in, based on how much they owe and whatnot.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I tuned into a bit of the Democratic debate and the fact that they have an audience to cheer and clap is so damn silly.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
That's what they're all like.

On another note, I just saw two "Asian" women with Native American listed in their ethnicity. I mean, it's possible, but after seeing 2 in a row and seeing what you guys said, I'm very suspicious. One also went to university in Thailand. Again, anything is possible but...

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I totally skipped the debates. Anyone want to suggest some highlights or summaries :)?

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

The classic "My English not so good defense." They stack the deck by making it hard to communicate such that it's more of a hassle to just deal with them..

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Has it been determined whether it was a mistake or deliberate that Yang's mic wasn't working right?

Dec 24, 2017
Has it been determined whether it was a mistake or deliberate that Yang's mic wasn't working right?

Unsure. Yang Gangers insist that it was intentional. Some people say it was just part of technical issues the production was having. I dunno. I think it's historic and admirable that Yang has gotten as far. It's an inspiration. But Hell no am I voting for his elitist technocrat platform.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
That KimOhNo thing is really starting to pick up steam among the Japanese people I know.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
My mom complained about it to me today so anecdotally I think it's hitting mainstream Japanese people too.

There's nobody here from Vancouver, eh? We finally decided on a vacay this summer, we are hitting up VC and then heading to Alaska afterwards.Gonna be gone pretty much all of August, a really nice long trip this year due to the fact that we are keeping it within North America. Need some food recs, tried an old thread on EctERA but I think it was bad timing or something cause I got nothing but snark, lol.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

l m a o

Haugh, the president of Chicago Search Group and the intended recipient of the email, declined to answer questions about the company's hiring practices and defended McMahon's email last week.

"The quote is from a famous movie, google would have told you that," he wrote to Block Club.

"As a son of two attorneys (A little research can show they both worked at a large law firm in the Willis Tower), even I can recognize that an interpretation is an opinion, not fact," Haugh wrote.

Haugh went on to say the company has hired employees that "happen to be Asian, black, gay, Spanish decent, etc" [sic] and explained McMahon is married to a woman who is black and Colombian.

"Given those facts, a responsible reporter would ask, are these hires/relationships of a racist person/organization?" he wrote.

fuck this guy specifically

Dec 24, 2017
I like how the guy who made the joke immediately rushed to apologize. And his boss is all "My parents are lawyers..."

I'll find him and punch him in the dick.

A human caricature that carries water for his fascist, rapist father walks into your bar? Spit on him.

A racist business owner leans on his privileged upbringing to deflect from his racism? Punch him in the dick.

That's the Chicago way.

This is also the Chicago way, don't turnstile jump.

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I like how the guy who made the joke immediately rushed to apologize. And his boss is all "My parents are lawyers..."

I'll find him and punch him in the dick.

A human caricature that carries water for his fascist, rapist father walks into your bar? Spit on him.

A racist business owner leans on his privileged upbringing to deflect from his racism? Punch him in the dick.

That's the Chicago way.

This is also the Chicago way, don't turnstile jump.

From the article:

""You don't hear much about discrimination against the Asian community," she said. "I had never thought about it. I just put applications out there and hope for the best."

WTF does she live in a bubble?

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the article:

""You don't hear much about discrimination against the Asian community," she said. "I had never thought about it. I just put applications out there and hope for the best."

WTF does she live in a bubble?
I reserve the right to side eye and infer certain things about this woman from that little blurb.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
My mom complained about it to me today so anecdotally I think it's hitting mainstream Japanese people too.

There's nobody here from Vancouver, eh? We finally decided on a vacay this summer, we are hitting up VC and then heading to Alaska afterwards.Gonna be gone pretty much all of August, a really nice long trip this year due to the fact that we are keeping it within North America. Need some food recs, tried an old thread on EctERA but I think it was bad timing or something cause I got nothing but snark, lol.

What kind of food are you looking for? Vancouver has a lot of good options.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017

I live in Vancouver.

But I'm not a foodie, so unfortunately I can't be of much help to you.