• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i was reading a far-too-long biography of bruce lee a while back. I didn't finish it, but the bit I did finish portrayed Hong Kong as a lawless-ish wasteland of dueling kung-fu schools, which i thought was hilarious.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Who's enjoying some mooncake tonight?

JxAPOVw.jpg

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

Vulture

Shane Gillis comments:

Still doesn't get it but ok..

In other news....

What Chinese Students Abroad Really Think About Hong Kong's Protests

In a country that barred Asian migration for decades, and where the power structure is still predominantly white, the flare-ups over Hong Kong have only added to the suspicion cast on Chinese students by some Australians.

"Most of them have adopted this view that Chinese international students are agents of influence," said Alan Zheng, an Australian student of Chinese descent who believes that the narrative is going in directions that risk alienating Chinese students. "It's bordering on racism."

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017
I hope this gives Shane Gillis the freedom play racist venues and events where he doesn't have to worry about working on his comedy or offending anyone. He's the racists equivalent of Dane Cook's shitty joke telling "Are you listening to me? Are you listening to this long winded story I'm telling? I promised that pay off will be hilarious! * says something racist *". Laughs all around from the crowd for which Dane cook's humor was too sophisticated for.

I will fucking lead the soggy biscuit party next time he orders any Asian food from Grubhub.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
lotta white dipshits really showing their ass over this thing

every single one of them wants to call me a chink, that's my current feeling on it

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
lotta white dipshits really showing their ass over this thing

every single one of them wants to call me a chink, that's my current feeling on it

Don't be surprised if they use that word freely when you're not around. A lot of my white co-workers say the N-word all day long, but will be too scared to say it when there's an actual black person around. I have no doubt in my mind that my white colleagues call me gook or chink behind my back.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, I can understand someone like Yang being a Chan, but fuck defending white people that shit on you. They can all get fucked for all I care.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the thing is i think you can legit make comedy about everything and anything if its good. i really do believe nothing is off limits. but you have to stick the landing and if you dont, acknowledge that you didn't stick the landing

what that dude put out wasn't comedy

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the thing is i think you can legit make comedy about everything and anything if its good. i really do believe nothing is off limits. but you have to stick the landing and if you dont, acknowledge that you didn't stick the landing

what that dude put out wasn't comedy
Better to be cancelled than 'censored' 🤡

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Hello all!
Don't think I ever posted in this here thread yet!
I am here to represent first gen born in Canada 3/4 Vietnamese, 1/4 Chinese people who can only speak basic level Vietnamese and barely read any of it lol.

My momma learned to make mooncakes this year and I, of course, got to have some! So proud of her! 65 and still learning from the youtubes lol (unfortunately, her and my dad are falling down some sort of Vietnamese alt-Right Trumper hellhole too wtf).

EElwl9HWwAEMEY3

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
my uncle/aunt/cousins are all here visiting from malaysia

i am reassured even if i had learned the asian language i went to school for i still wouldn't understand them because they're all speaking hokkien

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The "white people who dont't Like being white" thread is going well.
I don't even know where to start with that shit. The entire framing is wrong, which is the problem.

It's like there's the whole paradigm that the goal of any minority is to shame the majority. No. That isn't it at all, and any argument framed that way it's disingenuous because it pigeonholes the entire discussion.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying very hard to not shit up my husband's FB feed by arguing with someone insisting Chinese BBQ skewers are "wannabe yakitori". Girl isn't even Japanese, so I don't know why she insists on that being the standard.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dec 24, 2017
Did you have a conversation about it on your date with the aryan woman?

No. We were too busy making out in the park around midnight like a couple horny teenagers. Also, kissing someone who is effectively your same height was a new experience.

Also, tall girls lie about how tall they are. She said she's 5' 10", I know I'm 6'. I asked her about that, she admitted to being 5'11" and 3/4's. She says that saying she's 6' really cuts down on her responses on dating apps.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
No. We were too busy making out in the park around midnight like a couple horny teenagers. Also, kissing someone who is effectively your same height was a new experience.

Also, tall girls lie about how tall they are. She said she's 5' 10", I know I'm 6'. I asked her about that, she admitted to being 5'11" and 3/4's. She says that saying she's 6' really cuts down on her responses on dating apps.
Did a cop knock on your window with a flashlight?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Meat on a stick is universal? 🤷‍♂️
Right?? What sets them apart is the flavor profile from each cuisine, but of course she also complained that they all had the same seasoning 🙄

Anyway, this stuff was pretty interesting, and I don't think there's been anything like it in Austin before. Of course hubby is over the moon that he finally has a place where he can order cartilage.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i thought satay kebabs were the only type of kebab there was for a long time

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
He's still top 3 for me. Maybe top 4. If take him anytime instead of Biden or Harris. Maybe also Beto or Pete.

Says more about the current Democratic field than Yang's fitness or charisma.

I don't understand the zombie interest in Beto. He was intriguing and desirable only to replace Cruz, not as some political savant for the national stage.