• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I used to wake up at night occasionally after having a dream that I didn't hand in an assignment, many years after graduation. It hasn't happened for the past few years, at least.

My high school/college dreams/nightmares still happens ;_;

I particularly hate the one where you're supposed to be in the right class but you somehow forgot where it is or what it is.

Dec 24, 2017
Yeah, what is up with all this astrology everywhere? I feel like it's something that died for most of my life and then really came back over the past couple years.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, what is up with all this astrology everywhere? I feel like it's something that died for most of my life and then really came back over the past couple years.

people got back into it ironically but irony suffered a critical existence failure and now you can't tell irony from reality and in many cases it doesnt really matter cos whoooo caaareessss

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I think one of the reasons 30s>20s is because a lot of people have unreasonable expectations of themselves when they're younger and 30 is that mark people like to set as the deadline for all those achievements.

That stress in the 20s trying to achieve those lofty goals really effs you up.

Then come the 30s and while you "failed" your goals you realized "Hey, I'm in a pretty good place in my life so what if I'm not where I expected to be when I was younger, I was naive then. I should enjoy this".

I made a list of goals for myself since 8th grade (probably earlier), and while none of them were strictly "before 30," I still got all of them. To be fair, they were not lofty goals at all. I wanted to be married to someone I loved, finish a graduate degree, and have a decent career. I was never the kind of person to have any unreasonable goals, haha. As far as my father was concerned, my one goal in life should have been to be married to a nice guy who would take care of me, SO....I exceeded his expectations apparently.

I still have more goals I want to accomplish in my life, but again, no firm age and nothing too crazy. I'm realistic :p.

30s are better because you probably actually have a little bit of money to spend

Yes, this part is nicer, but I find I'm more careful with money now than I was in my 20s.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
things they should teach in school they dont and you have to learn for yourself somehow*

*at least in Australia

- budgeting and other financial literacy things (especially large loans, tax, expenses etc)
- how insurance works esp health insurance (luckily here it just ticks along largely)

things they don't aim to teach but they accidentally teach by implication

- detecting racism inherent in the system
- how neoliberalism/capitalism fucks everybody basically

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish they taught us about neoliberalism at our schools across the ditch in NZ lol, it's insane that most youth don't know we went from being super regulated to mass privatisation. I would have felt so betrayed had I been a Labour party voter at the time.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
it's basically only in the history classes and the legal studies/civics but its there... but you have to be already pre-trained to look for it lol

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This area of study is only mandatory up to the second year of high school *and* it's mashed together as something called social studies - we don't even have civics!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah same tbh. but it's there! only just!

seriously though im still pissed i had to learn on my own how to budget effectively in my 20s. i had already frittered away like 2-3 years of fulltime income by them (not blown it on the pokies or something but still didn't really look into savings etc properly)

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
WTF. So despite having a rare name, I get people signing up for stuff with my email by accident all the time. These latest two are the weirdest I've seen though.

Are Fuckbook Philippines and xTonight Philippines real sites? The former even gave the password in plain text. I want to either disable the accounts or change the email.

I really don't want to start getting random dick pics in my inbox or whatever.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
WTF. So despite having a rare name, I get people signing up for stuff with my email by accident all the time. These latest two are the weirdest I've seen though.

Are Fuckbook Philippines and xTonight Philippines real sites? The former even gave the password in plain text. I want to either disable the accounts or change the email.

I really don't want to start getting random dick pics in my inbox or whatever.

Only one way to find out... Let us know when you do.

Dec 24, 2017
I met up with some people I haven't seen in over a decade. Having children ages you. Despite being the oldest by 5 years at least, everyone assumed I (childless) was the youngest.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One month until I'm done with undergrad studies and on a plane to New York v___v, I just finished a hellish 48 hours with a seminar followed by a test and an assignment - time to start planning! NYC Azn era pull up lol

Thanks for listening to my woes so far by the way peeps, I really appreciate it

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I met up with some people I haven't seen in over a decade. Having children ages you. Despite being the oldest by 5 years at least, everyone assumed I (childless) was the youngest.

For sure, dude. Having children creates a lot of stress which eats up a lot of energy. Not that I would know, but still, it seems like it's always the case that the parents are the most tired and older looking.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
Hi, just lurking through from BCT. Just saw the moon cake post and had to say thanks. Did not know what they were called and always wanted to eat them again. Unfortunately it doesn't seem as any local store carries them.

They should just start selling mooncakes as full meal replacements.

They ain't? When I was living in Oslo I always bought two on Thursdays after work and workout was done. After that I was set and just went to bed.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Hi, just lurking through from BCT. Just saw the moon cake post and had to say thanks. Did not know what they were called and always wanted to eat them again. Unfortunately it doesn't seem as any local store carries them.

They tend to be hyperseasonal as it's a delicacy that revolves around a specific Chinese holiday, so Asian supermarkets will carry them for a couple of weeks, and then they just vanish (even Costco sold them in Orange County this year). A few dedicated bakeries or stores will continue to stock them year-round, but it's pretty unusual, as most people don't buy or eat them outside of that specific holiday window.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
They tend to be hyperseasonal as it's a delicacy that revolves around a specific Chinese holiday, so Asian supermarkets will carry them for a couple of weeks, and then they just vanish (even Costco sold them in Orange County this year). A few dedicated bakeries or stores will continue to stock them year-round, but it's pretty unusual, as most people don't buy or eat them outside of that specific holiday window.

Oh did not know that, thanks. Thought they were celebratory of sort but hey, I never needed an excuse to have something delicious.

Btw I'm I'm Sweden. The Asian population is minuscule at best here. Mostly south east Asian women. Just a FYI if you find it weird that I never encountered them again.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh did not know that, thanks. Thought they were celebratory of sort but hey, I never needed an excuse to have something delicious.

Btw I'm I'm Sweden. The Asian population is minuscule at best here. Mostly south east Asian women. Just a FYI if you find it weird that I never encountered them again.

You found them before, so someone is making/selling them there. I'll assume there's an Asian supermarket of some kind in the largest cities, so just wait for "Mid Autumn Festival" 2020 and go to that store the week of the holiday, and you'll likely find it.

Deleted member 4452

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can only eat about 1/8th or at most 1/4th of a mooncake at a time, anyway. That + tea is just sublime.

And make sure you get some with egg inside!

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
One month until I'm done with undergrad studies and on a plane to New York v___v, I just finished a hellish 48 hours with a seminar followed by a test and an assignment - time to start planning! NYC Azn era pull up lol

Thanks for listening to my woes so far by the way peeps, I really appreciate it

We have quite a few Asians in NYC ERA. We do meet ups often and get into silly antics all the time. Let us know when you're here.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Games and sports should never sit out of social commentary when atrocities are being committed unless it's white people committing them.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bracing for the impending sinophobia towards Asian Americans. CCP is fucked up and deserve all this backlash but some of the "allies" ....just nah

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
The fun thing is the CCP are going to point to all the trolling and tell their citizens see they all hate us those fucking gwailo only the CCP can protect you, or words to that effect