• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
www.madinfinite.com

Asobo Studio says it will maintain content support and updates on Microsoft Flight Simulator for 10 years

Company CEO says Microsoft is investing in the studio and its general infrastructure - French studio Bordeaux, Asobo Studio, launched the new edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator, launched last August for Windows 10, which has already accumulated several billion flight hours A game that was...

Asobo Is a really Great team, very talented. Are working on two games: One of this Is a MS partnership.

Flight simulator Is already successo on PC: over 1 milion sold copies since its launch on August.

I Hope MS Will buy it

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Xbox version will arrive sometime in the next year! Looks like a great game to just chill with.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
There are some really cool nuggets of info in that article.

I had no idea this was built on Ftech, the Forza engine. So I suppose that means one day, when bing maps increases in quality telemetry data, we'll get a Forza Earth game? :D (I wish)

Really cool they are working on another game with Microsoft too. I'd love to see them tackle another action-adventure like A Plague Tale.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
More interesting, the article says they're working on another game for Xbox.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Asobo Is a really Great team, very talented. Are working on two games: One of this Is a MS partnership.

The other game is with Focus Home
unnamed-1-4.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass killing sales, huh?
The "Game Pass kills sales" thing doesn't really apply on PC because MS Store is noticeably worse than Steam, so there is extra value in having purchased a game on Steam.

It is a valid argument on console because the experience of playing a game will be the same whether you bought a game or play it through GP.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More interesting, the article says they're working on another game for Xbox.
yeah, i don't think this was known before
Finally, the studio says that in addition to the 10-year support for Flight Simulator, they are working on two new projects, one of which will be with Focus Home, while the second is another fruit of a partnership with Microsoft.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Asobo don't need bought. They seem like a talented studio with a solid release schedule.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
www.madinfinite.com

Asobo Studio says it will maintain content support and updates on Microsoft Flight Simulator for 10 years

Company CEO says Microsoft is investing in the studio and its general infrastructure - French studio Bordeaux, Asobo Studio, launched the new edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator, launched last August for Windows 10, which has already accumulated several billion flight hours A game that was...

Flight simulator Is already successo on PC: over 1 milion sold copies since its launch on August.

I Hope MS Will buy it
The real news is they're working on another game for MS, I don't think this was known and it's pretty big tbh.

Also - congrats on the million seller!

edit: and they used ForzaTech for Flight Simulator? I didn't know that. Interesting.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Earned success for Asobo.

I had no idea this was built on Ftech, the Forza engine. So I suppose that means one day, when bing maps increases in quality telemetry data, we'll get a Forza Earth game? :D (I wish)

Really cool they are working on another game with Microsoft too. I'd love to see them tackle another action-adventure like A Plague Tale.
Forza Horizon World

Create racing tracks through your hometown and share them with your friends and the entire Forza community.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
The other game is with Focus Home
unnamed-1-4.jpg

No. They have 2 other projects. One with Focus one with MS. It's written in that article like that atleast.

The "Game Pass kills sales" thing doesn't really apply on PC because MS Store is noticeably worse than Steam, so there is extra value in having purchased a game on Steam.

It is a valid argument on console because the experience of playing a game will be the same whether you bought a game or play it through GP.

I think there are enough statements from devs showing the opposite on consoles as well. It's essentially bahaving like additional marketing for many games.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
The game is awesome. I set my brother-in-law up with a new PC and he picked up flight simulator. I had an old Logitech 3D Pro that I handed off to him and he's been playing it regularly despite never being interested in these types of games before.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Congrats Asobo! Plague Tale was wonderful. While I still haven't had the chance of playing Flight Simulator, it seems remarkable.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The article mentions that Flight Simulator will release on the consoles in 2021. Is that accurate? I thought it was coming this year.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Hopefully they don't buy it.

But yes Flight simulator critically and commercially is very successful, hard to believe they made Plague's tale since these two games are polar opposite from each other. Very interested what they'll do next.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Hopefully they don't buy it.

But yes Flight simulator critically and commercially is very successful, hard to believe they made Plague's tale since these two games are polar opposite from each other. Very interested what they'll do next.
Asobo is a big beast these days, multiple teams.

This is also the studio that made Kinect Rush: A Disney Adventure.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty great considering it was also their biggest launch on Gamepass.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Many congrats!

This thing is fucking breathtaking and, in my opinion, is what signifies next gen.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Oh wow they used the Forzatech engine for FS? That's impressive, bodes well for FH5.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I think there are enough statements from devs showing the opposite on consoles as well. It's essentially bahaving like additional marketing for many games.
For smaller games sure, maybe for some 3rd party but definitely not for the first party games on console.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

HUH. That's really interesting. I always understood that they were taking code from FSX, so I assumed that the engine and everything were adapted from there too. But this actually makes sense, too. Forza is a stunning graphics engine and it's built to accommodate AI streaming and processing, some (much lower) level of procedural generation, and on-the-fly physics simulation.

I wonder what, if anything, could be ported back to FTech. Just goes to show that Turn10 is doing some of the most impressive work in all of XGS enabling some of the best work from other studios (Playground and now Asobo).

For smaller games sure, maybe for some 3rd party but definitely not for the first party games on console.
I mean. Every 1st party game except Gears 5 maybe seems to have sold better than expectations without the benefit of Game Pass (Sea of Thieves, FH4 being two really obvious and excellent examples). Even then, I think you'd be hard pressed to make the argument that Game Pass hurt even that game.