• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still surprised Gameloft took so long to put their stuff on switch. but it's still only two games

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Oh, sweet! These games are really solid so I'm super down. Hopefully they just charge a flat fee for everything in the game rather that MTX, but we'll see.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I was literally playing this yesterday and wondering why they never brought this series to the Switch. Nice timing.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like how Asphalt's F2P system works. They should have converted it pay once type of game.

Oct 26, 2017
Is the game actually good? Everything I've seen/read about the game was how amazing it looked on mobile. Is it like Burnout of old?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It's a really fun game but at one point you have to stop playing because events are locked behind silly grind and paywall.

Like... you need a specific car at maximum upgrade and you have to spend real money to get it just for... playing the same damn race you already played dozens of time... it's silly.

So yeah, typical F2P mentality, it get you stuck in if you have serious OCD issues and you don't know when to let go a game that has ended to give you real contents but it's just trying to milking you.

I played on PC (W10 store) for 20ish hours having fun then dropped cause it was impossible to proceed.

It's totally ok gametime for a F2P so if you want to have fun you can, just don't pretend to finish the game at 100% (again, at one point it's just a metter of repeating the same races with different cars and OP AI, you won't miss any actual contents by dropping the game when you have to ;) ).

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Smart move, I'd love to see Real Racing 3 GT-Racing as a full package on Switch as well, come on Gameloft.

Edit - I'm a dope, I meant GT-Racing

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a while ago i was wondering how come there's no asphalt game on switch, nice to see that it finally happened.
looks great btw, if the can get a smooth frame rate it'd be great game to play.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Asphalt 9 was pretty fun until I hit that paywall. Depending on the price and performance I could see myself buying this.

edit: uh is that 4 player splitscreen? 👀

Jul 18, 2018
Is the game actually good? Everything I've seen/read about the game was how amazing it looked on mobile. Is it like Burnout of old?
It's fun at the start. Then you realize how grindy the game is and how unfriendly it is to Free2Play players.
You also need to join a clan otherwise the grind is even worse.
I just stopped playing the game last month, took a break from it. Don't have interest going back to it, realized how much time i wasted on it when they still haven't bothered fixing issues in multiplayer.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't this series move to auto-acceleration controls? Will the Switch version have "normal" racing controls? If not, then it's a pass from me.

Dec 23, 2017
It's fun at the start. Then you realize how grindy the game is and how unfriendly it is to Free2Play players.
I just stopped playing the game last month, took a break from it. Don't have interest going back to it, realized how much time i wasted on it when they still haven't bothered fixing issues in multiplayer.
Yeah will wait on reviews. Still waiting on Grid Autosports for switch.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted to play it but didn't want to murder my phone's battery even further. If this is also a single-buy thing without the MTX, that becomes even better for an offer. I'll try it regardless.

It's also the best time to post this unlikely collaboration Japanese idolcore band PassCode had with this game:

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, guessing they will do what they did with MC and just do a single fee, this will scratch the Burnout itch tbh, I like in on mobile but I HATE the grindy f2p aspect.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Asphalt is actually pretty great, at least up until Asphalt... 7 or 8. I'm absolutely in!

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Just throwing this out there.. this is Gameloft and they recently said many of their games on mobile will add Xbox Live features. I wonder if this might fall into the same category. Either way good move because the switch needs more racers but I certainly would love a more serious racer. I know Grid is coming so fingers crossed.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Can they add Xbox Live like they had on Windows and will be having on mobile? Pleaseeeeee

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like incredible fun but Gameloft always gets me worried it'll be janky and have that half-assed "mobile" feel to it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I'll take whatever arcade racers are releasing at this point. This one looks fantastic!

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the response... That sucks to hear. Maybe they retool the grind for this version, since it's going to be full priced.
The game is pretty fun actually. Kinda like the old burnouts yeah, it even shares some gamemodes like Elimination.
Shame about the grind then

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
Thanks for the response... That sucks to hear. Maybe they retool the grind for this version, since it's going to be full priced.

Shame about the grind then
The game wasn't bad when it was released, just since January they kind of rehauled it by adding so many new events, making it hard for F2P players to keep up. But the network issues was the main trouble, and some of the races count on you actually winning or derank in the race series.

However I look back at the news for the game now and then. It seems they are having a lot more events, so making the grind even worse it looks .

I'm assuming it being on the Switch would mean probably better servers to handle the load. Currently if you get paired with a player from Asia, it's impossible. Not sure if it was all mobile players either. I know they are adding offline mode, so that might please players. Could be modes like that (more career) which will warrant a purchase price

Oct 26, 2017
The game wasn't bad when it was released, just since January they kind of rehauled it by adding so many new events, making it hard for F2P players to keep up. But the network issues was the main trouble, and some of the races count on you actually winning or derank in the race series.

However I look back at the news for the game now and then. It seems they are having a lot more events, so making the grind even worse it looks .

I'm assuming it being on the Switch would mean probably better servers to handle the load. Currently if you get paired with a player from Asia, it's impossible. Not sure if it was all mobile players either. I know they are adding offline mode, so that might please players. Could be modes like that (more career) which will warrant a purchase price
OK thank you for the detailed follow up. Guess I'll wait for impressions. Would be nice to have a good looking Burnout style game on switch.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
F2P confirmed, but it has an offline mode, as well as a paid Starter Pack:

Paris, June 6th, 2019 – Gameloft, leader in the development and publishing of games, is thrilled to announce that Asphalt 9: Legends, the latest entry in the world's most downloaded, multi-awarded mobile racing franchise, is launching on the Nintendo Switch™ later this Summer.

This is the second title released on the Nintendo Switch by Gameloft after Modern Combat Blackout, and a continuation of the long tradition of Asphalt games on Nintendo's platforms, beginning with Asphalt: Urban GT for the Nintendo DS™ in 2004. Gameloft is thrilled to announce this Nintendo Switch version of Asphalt 9: Legends will introduce local split screen multiplayer and a brand new Quick Race mode playable offline and online. Players will also find the series' acclaimed arcade racing gameplay tailored to fit the Nintendo Switch, allowing for a variety of play styles, using Joy-Con™, the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller™, gyroscopic motion controls, touch screen controls, or the innovative Touchdrive™, a fresh approach to driving controls that adds a layer of strategic decision to the sheer fun of the ride.

Asphalt 9: Legends on the Nintendo Switch will be free-to-download, and a Nintendo Switch Online account will not be required to download and play online. Gameloft brings the highest standards regarding freemium monetization and players will be able to enjoy the game and unlock all content without making an in-game purchase. For players wanting a head start, the "Asphalt 9: Legends Starting Racer Pack" is available at launch and unlocks incredible supercars and resources to boost progress and to challenge friends and family in split-screen multiplayer right from the beginning.

Created by Gameloft Barcelona in 2018, Asphalt 9: Legends quickly became the critically acclaimed and multi-awarded reference of mobile arcade racing games. In this Nintendo Switch version, players will find the same fun, arcade racing experience where they can perfect their skills, prove their worth, and become legends by cruising across awe-inspiring tracks set around the world. They will collect and unlock world famous licensed hypercars and stunning tracks by racing through the robust single player campaign. Asphalt 9: Legends launches with nearly 60 super and hyper cars including some of the fastest, rarest, and most prestigious cars ever made, such as the Bugatti Chiron, the McLaren P1 and the Lamborghini Terzo Millennio, exclusive to Asphalt 9: Legends. Gameloft will update Asphalt 9: Legends with new content similar to the mobile and PC version of the game.

Asphalt 9: Legends supports up to 8 players in online play free-for-all and up to four player local split screen. Split screen functionality allows players to race on one of the 42 tracks available, with up to three local opponents with the new offline gameplay mode.

"Bringing Asphalt 9: Legends to the Nintendo Switch is an absolute joy for everyone at Gameloft. We are great fans of this platform and wanted to do this for a long time, and it has been a strong request from our community," said Baudouin Corman, Chief Operating Officer at Gameloft. "The Nintendo Switch is a truly fantastic console and Asphalt 9: Legends fits it perfectly. After the recent release of Modern Combat Blackout, it is a new step for Gameloft in bringing our games to various platforms, wherever our players are."

More information on Asphalt 9: Legends for the Nintendo Switch will be announced later this year.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not even bothering converting it to a normal game, it will still be freemium.

Hard pass.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Super bummed this is free to play, loved Asphalt 9 but the progression became a grind. Would gladly pay $50 for a version without MTX and console controls.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Asphalt 9 is a great racer, but the grinding without paying real money can be ridiculous. I enjoyed my time on mobile for what's it worth.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
It's with microtransactions? Disappointing, many mobile to Switch ports got rid of f2p nonsense and charge money for the game itself.

So no buy here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When will they port this series to PS4? Starving for pure arcade racers!

One more reason to get a Switch after E3.