• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Source

EFd10i8XYAUhAqM.jpg

Looking forward to the Viking title.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I've always wondered why AC has such a small cultural impact compared to how big it is.

AAION

Dec 28, 2018
It makes sense that AC has those numbers, but for just one game R6S is just nuts

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Assassin's Creed is already one of the best-selling videogame series of all-time, but despite topping charts for more than a decade, Ubisoft shows no sign of slowing down. A press kit released earlier this year confirms that the franchise has now sold more than 140 million units.

They had announced $100 million in 2016.
Odyssey literally made a big hit ( you may remember when it came out, some people said that Odyssey would be forgotten because of RDR2).

And for those who lack the old AC formula, it's unfortunately over...

It' s still weird that Ubisoft no longer gives the exact numbers (shipped copies) for each title.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I've always wondered why AC has such a small cultural impact compared to how big it is.
A ton of open world games this gen were directly influenced by their games, like horizon and BOTW. In that regard they've been very influential as a lot of devs have attempted to develop open world titles this gen compared to the last where linearity was incredibly popular.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
A ton of open world games this gen were directly influenced by their games, like horizon and BOTW. In that regard they've been very influential as a lot of devs have attempted to develop open world titles this gen compared to the last where linearity was incredibly popular.
It definitely influenced a lot of games, but I'm saying AC doesn't often get brought into conversation in forums like this one, Twitter or whatever, at least not 140 million copies often. Seeing the direction they went with Origins and Odyssey, you'd think enthusiasts would care more about the franchise.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain to me what does the stat "unique players" mean? Like the Watch Dogs franchise has 36M unique players but not copies sold?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf? Had no clue it was even close to that, holy shit. I would've guessed like 50 mil, damn. So it's one of the best selling franchises ever by a lot.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
It definitely influenced a lot of games, but I'm saying AC doesn't often get brought into conversation in forums like this one, Twitter or whatever, at least not 140 million copies often. Seeing the direction they went with Origins and Odyssey, you'd think enthusiasts would care more about the franchise.

Call it a gut feeling, but from what I see around ERA, there's animosity or rather apathy regarding Ubisoft and their games as a whole.

If one wishes to passionately discuss things like the lore of AC or even The Division, ERA isn't the best place to do so.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Mega franchise, it's lost it's identity, but I couldn't help but love Origins & Odyssey.

Please do Ancient China and Japan, Ubisoft! Imagine that on next-gen..

b906f62c6d5d51147e76e60bd6d9034a.jpg

derek-weselake-gionfestivalderek.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
4E3LrTL-e1512058022105.jpg

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
So many games can still be done, Rome, Vikings, Ancient China, Japan, Persia, Mongol Empire

and ofcourse Black Flag 2

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
There was a time when AC was a yearly thing, some parts of enthusiastic forums get annoyed by that + Ubisoft got a bad reputation for forgetting everything else in favor of Assasins Creed

However that time has passed now eceryone is generally positive

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To me, AC games feels like random variables thrown in a box and shaken up. It doesn't feel like everything comes together to deliver you a good experience. Even AC:O lacks the polish in its gameplay other 4M+ sellers do.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
To me, AC games feels like random variables thrown in a box and shaken up. It doesn't feel like everything comes together to deliver you a good experience. Even AC:O lacks the polish in its gameplay other 4M+ sellers do.

And in spite of that, people love them games. So I guess those "random variables thrown in a box and shaken up" still has a lot of value to those players, huh?

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is a forum where Niche jrpgs get hundreds of pages of discussion while COD is lucky if it's gets past 20. Don't use this place for a barometer of what's popular.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Seeing that last artwork in the ASilentProtagonist's post above, with the huge city and a crowded street, I realised how I actually do miss the older AC games and their focus on cities instead of whole countries.

I think it's all about Social Stealth, parkour, the creed, and the hidden blade. The RPG aspect with dialogue choices is no longer an AC.
But I agree with this observation: increasing the size of the map for each episode is not a good idea.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Wish all those sales translated to gameplay that didn't suck. Siege being a hit is neat, all timer. Wish Splinter Cell would comeback, as a stealth game. That be nice. Maybe Prince of Persia even.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's all about Social Stealth, parkour, the creed, and the hidden blade. The RPG aspect with dialogue choices is no longer an AC.
But I agree with this observation: increasing the size of the map for each episode is not a good idea.

I feel like Brotherhood really hit the ideal map/world size/layout -- I feel like elements of AC II (story/plot, tombs, music) and Revelations (Ezio's character development, combat, traversal, set pieces) were stronger, but Rome was perfect.

That said, Origins did a fantastic job with Egypt and the variety of locations within it (even if Alexandria feels far too compact).

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Assassins Creed is really one of the great franchises of all time. You can tell the love and care that are put into the games, even if they don't all land the way I wish they did. The last couple games have been phenomenal though. I can't wait to see what they can do with this series on next gen hardware. I almost don't want them to go "bigger" anymore. Odyssey was an incredible game, but a bigger map is not going to improve the game. I hope they double down on the more fantastical side like the Atlantis stuff in Odyssey and also add more customization and character agency in the RPG elements. If the conversations could actually lead to significantly different outcomes in the game ala The Witcher 3, I think it could end up being one of the best games ever made.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I love the series and I almost never talk about it here. This places tends to be toxic when it comes to certain things, and for some reason Ubisoft is one of them.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly miss yearly AC releases lol

I think its one of the most consistently entertaining franchises ever. Especially when you consider how often they release.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bit weird not having an AC game this year, or really any big Ubi games other than Breakpoint, but I'm glad for the break. Still haven't even finished Odyssey.

M3z_

Oct 30, 2017
To think GTA5(110M) by itself matches nearly 80% the sales of the this very long running popular series with double digit mainline releases.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Call it a gut feeling, but from what I see around ERA, there's animosity or rather apathy regarding Ubisoft and their games as a whole.

If one wishes to passionately discuss things like the lore of AC or even The Division, ERA isn't the best place to do so.
It's gotten better over the years, but this is true.

And Watch Dogs 1 is one of my fav games ever. Despite the naysayers. And 2 was a disappointment IMO. You felt too OP too early.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
95 unique's isn't that small for a series with a fuck ton of titles on fuck ton of platforms?

21 titles, 10 platforms (11 once Google's is up), 12 years

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
How is Uplay like for sales? I'm fairly new to PC gaming and I've been eyeing up the Animus pack which with the 20% for 100 Uplay points, you can get them all plus DLC for €425 or so. Maybe Humble Bundle will also do something with them all at some point.

I highly doubt my PC would run Origins or Odyssey and maybe not Syndicate but it would be nice to have all the complete editions in one place.