• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
So, i just got a piece of the Pegasos set at the Ori... Shop. It has a setbonus that gives 50% adrenaline for a dodge. Man i need the other parts. I won't buy credits and buy them at the shop, but i just looked at it and it seems that the price for the set has gone down now that i own a part, so that's nice at least. If it is down to 200 i can buy the rest with the credits they gave me.....

Also in addition to the changes to lengendary armor that i said a few pages ago, i also really hope they bring in saveslots for loadouts like other have asked for. Would really like to change my playstyle every now and then without going through the crazy amount of gear.

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It might not be intentional, but some of the spartan guards yell AREEEEES when they begin combat.

I'd like to think it is

(There is also a place called "Cave of Kratos")
There is an actual mythological figure named Kratos. He was the deific personification of strength (the word "Kratos" literally means just that), sibling to Zelus, Bia, and Nike. He was responsible for Prometheus' punishment for stealing the fire of the gods. Like the Kratos of God of War, he was characterized as a hot-head with a propensity for excessive violence.

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1938950-Odyssey-won-t-launch-xbox-one-digital

Basically the game won't load on my brand new Xbox One, I click the game to start, the splash screen appears and then ~10 seconds later it dumps back to dashboard. It was working for a couple of days, but the past 4 days it just won't start at all, seems to have started after the Xbox October update.

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
A conquest ship battle against four ships 3 levels higher?

Yeah, fuck that. The ship combat is awful as it is already.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
so if you
become leader of the daugthers of artemis
, what happens to the ? camps you havent done yet? >_>

You can literally just walk in and loot without any trouble. Problem is, usually the camp requires you to kill a leader. So you then have to find the leader and kill them which aggros the whole camp. It's not ideal.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, they need to fix that. You don't even need to die first. I reloaded a save for some reason and it was right there but it attacked me. It makes them pretty useless.

I'm testing them out with the 100% health / 50% dmg and they are quite resilient, and its fun to see them go at it if you arent stealthing.

what if you simply just resume a game from a alst session, will they also not be tamed? Probably right sicne its a load?

edit: holy shit they go into conquest battles with you, thats fucking awesome. Barely lost any health too.

Last edited:

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game scratch that Destiny itch on looking for the perfect, if I have known that Epic items will be a lot better than legendary I should have stored item for my desired roll when I started

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
yea this game looks amazing. Also im loving my armor set right now

Dpjl51PW4AIkJjS.jpg:large

thedas

Jul 25, 2018
Why are the healers wearing a Caduceus pendent in this game? Aren't they supposed to wear a Rod of Asclepios? It's a stupid detail but come on guys... Details are everything.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
rocking Hunter gear / spec for a change (to be honest my hunter spec and assasin spec are pretty much the same, I have so many ability points now, I only really need to change the gear), Hunter damage is OP, Devastating Shot was already ridiculous, but Lock-On Arrows, you can lock on like 8 targets at once and just spam it. Ridiculous.

Everything is OP, remind me again how bows are bad and assassinations dont one shot?

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Damn man, Euboea is an interesting place. I was on my way past it, heading for a major quest and though, "ah why not!". It turned out to be this little island sprinkled with interesting quests & memorable stories. It was a nice surprise, the actual stuff going on though was kind of nuts. I do wish we had even more agency in some of these missions though.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man

I love the setting and exploration so much and even the human combat is passable

But the combat against animals is just irredeemable garbage. Which means these mercenaries with their pet animals are so fucking cheap to fight.

Ubi, if you want to be dark souls, you have to have actual competent hitboxes for attacks

The camera during combat kind of blows too.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm testing them out with the 100% health / 50% dmg and they are quite resilient, and its fun to see them go at it if you arent stealthing.

what if you simply just resume a game from a alst session, will they also not be tamed? Probably right sicne its a load?

edit: holy shit they go into conquest battles with you, thats fucking awesome. Barely lost any health too.

Yeah, they untame when loading a save. If they fixed that, I'd probably use them.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Can I just say that I'm really loving the soundtrack for this game? Love the leitmotifs and shanties and stuff.

Man

I love the setting and exploration so much and even the human combat is passable

But the combat against animals is just irredeemable garbage. Which means these mercenaries with their pet animals are so fucking cheap to fight.

Ubi, if you want to be dark souls, you have to have actual competent hitboxes for attacks
Non legendary animals die to one hero strike so I never have much trouble with pets.

the small boars at least are very broken, i dunno wtf is up with their hitboxes.

Boars have wonky hurtboxes. Saw a video of someone flying a predator arrow through a boar.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished up Pepkha last night got to level 30, probably the most memorable zone so far. The entire vibe of the island was more light hearted than the rest of the game and a nice change of place. A sarcastic layer to Kassandra appeared that I hadn't seen to this extent previously. This is another area that is improved over Origins which to me was a little too serious tonally. Bayek rarely let loose and felt like he was having any fun. It's cool how every region seems to have their own little narrative even if they're not all elaborate.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
see animals - shoot overpower arrow - get the straggler with a hero strike

dunno why you people bother fighting them "fairly". every time i hear a boar or lynx its stabby time

same with mercenaries with pets. always open up the fight with a explosion

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I finished the questline on Kythera and my Kassandra said that she had never been to Pephka, even though I'd already finished most of the missions there. Small annoyance but I found it odd. Immersion broken, lol :'(

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Only Messenia, Achaia and Makedonia left, feelsbadfam :(

I'm pretty sure Makedonia is optional so I might go take care of that first thing tomorow before I resume the main story in Messenia.

Deleted member 59

Beat the boar! Re-specced a little seeing as it's mostly warrior combat and gave myself the healing ability plus the awesome Hunter ability which lets your shoot 4 enemies at once. Really good way of killing the small boars as long as you have some distance and can see where they're coming from! Usually picked all 4 small boars at once and 2 arrows each killed them then i focused on the big one again.

Took me three attempts after the respec and i got my tactics together. Ran away as fast as i could after killing it and leaving three boars remaining, but don't think they followed me!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Got to level 50 and instantly dropped the difficulty back down. Nightmare is just pure BS, the enemies have too much HP and they hit like a ton of bricks. Two to three hits I'm dead. Anyway time to finish off the game or attempt to at least.

bitunoriginal

Oct 27, 2017
Or I recognise that a behaviour while enjoyable, might be not be healthy for my current goals and im taking steps to correct it.

Kinda like arguing with randoms in a online forum. Funny that. Laters.

Maximum respect. I've felt the same way about many games in the past - most recently and memorable to me was the Division. After playing for a couple of weeks it just didn't make any sense to me any more. I just thought to myself, 'why am I doing this? It's not even fun'. Give yourself a week or so to cleanse and then pick up RDR2.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I sure hope they don't do Rome. Even though Ancient Greece and Rome are quite different, I'm hoping they go somewhere quite different technologically than the last two games. They feel same-y just because Greeks were already in and influencing heavily the events of Origins. Since Romans are also in Origins, and we technically already have a game in Italy, I'm not really on board for more Mediterranean games. I know they have to do Rome eventually, but I'd rather wait.

Vikings, I can get on board with just because of the cultural change of pace.

Agreed! My thinking exactly - I love Romans, but it would feel too close and same. Vikings, with a cool Valkyrie-like character to match Kassandra and it's a day one purchase for me!

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Those two scenes after completing quests to find out about your mater's identity and whereabouts
Phoibe's death really got me. She was like a little sister to Kassandra. I can't help but think I could have made a choice somewhere in the game that stopped her from getting killed.

The reunion scene was emotional too! Very well written and directed.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i still want rome screw you guys

i can settle down with a big DLC for odyssey tho

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck are random civilians allowed to enter combat with me and fuck up the lock on targeting?

What bonehead at Ubisoft thought that was a smart move

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on Xbox One X having issues with hitching or stuttering while riding on a horse? It started happening to me today.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Question for those who finished the game already about how much I have left:
I have 3/4 of the Artifacts of Atlantis, and am going after the last one now since I hit level 50. I also have the "The Conqueror" and "To Kill or Not to Kill" Odyssey quests left, and still a decent amount of Kosmos members to kill. Do I have much of the main story left, and should I focus on killing all the cultists and other stuff before I finish the game? I know there are multiple endings, so I'd like to get the best one if it exists.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I've gotten some stutters on X1X - sometimes they're really bad and the game freezes for like ten seconds or more and then resolves itself. Happened like 10 times in 30 hours.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Curious if anyone can tell me how far they think I am in the campaign.

Just learned
more about my mom from Xenia.