• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I never go for the gold editions and usually pick up AC games on Black Friday sales, but I loved Origins so much I'm in for this at launch with the season pass. It helps that they're remastering the one AC game I never played (AC3).

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Pre-ordered the Gold Steelbook edition from Best Buy since I have gamers club. About 95 dollars including tax.

I am excited! Can't wait to play as Kassandra.

Oct 25, 2017
You can only play as the character you choose. If it's like Origins though, you should be able to have multiple save slots.

you pick and that's it*

*from developer, though there might be something weird with that story-wise, but you pick male or female and expect to play that for the duration of the game

Thanks, my son loves to play in the open world and he wants to be the guy but I want to be the girl so I guess he's outta luck ha

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Great op, I am really looking forward to this game to tide me over until RDR 2 later this month.

Now just to decide if I should get the gold edition to play early or if I should hold out...probably won't be able to lol (and I am one of the people that loved AC3 so getting the remastered edition with the gold edition of Odyssey makes it worth it).

Good lord they make these games quickly.

They stagger the development of AC games with multiple developer teams on each project, they also share technology and things between them.

So you'll have say, one dev team who's building origins and they are 1 yr into development, then you have the AC: Odyssey team starting on it , then both of them take like 3 years to develop the games but as they are both developing them they share technology between each (like The naval aspect of AC3 which was used extensively in Black Flag even though it was just a year behind AC3 in release, because they had access to that tech early on in development of black flag). So even though Odyssey is releasing just a year after Origins it's been in development for like 3 years or so, not just one.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks, my son loves to play in the open world and he wants to be the guy but I want to be the girl so I guess he's outta luck ha

like a traditional rpg, there will be different save slots, so he could have a save with the guy (on easy, if he is younger) and you can have a different save file for kassandra with your own preferences. Unless he is so young you are basically playing for him and he's just along for the ride, which you'll need to play both files and deal with it! lol

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I was like, "Wait, an OT already"? Then I remember there's a headstart for gold edition people.

Fantastic OT, by the way. I'll join in later after I'm done with Pathfinder.

OP
OP
Francesco

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Great OT. First AC game I'm actually buying at launch.

My favorite kind of OTs! Well done OP

I'm hyped for this one especially that Origins is my favorite AC to date

Can't wait to play my first AC game this holiday season! (don't have the money to get it at launch)
Hope you guys have fun, hearing positive impressions about it!
Oh and great OT :)

Awesome OT, man. Great work.

Hey Odyssey reference in the OT.
Nice!

Great OP! A translation for the subtitle would be great :)

Decided to keep my pre-order of this as it'll tide me over until the end of October/early November when I've got the quadruple whammy of an Xbox One X, RDR2, Forza Horizon 4 and Hitman 2 to deal with. I'm still quite excited for it, though. It looks like a good evolution of Origins that, whilst a little familiar, definitely does its own stuff.

Great OT.

Looking forward to this game! Will keep me occupied until RDR2 comes out.

I just finished Origins and have a few days to work through the DLC. Gotta go fast.
Also: Lovely OT.

No joke, this is probably the best looking OT I've seen on ERA. Good job OP!

Excellent OT.

Loved Origins and Black Flag which Odyssey seems to be a combination of so I have been all in since E3. Pre-ordered the Gold Edition back in August for $56 (via Best Buy GCU, a 25% promo code and a $10 reward certificate) and can't wait for Tuesday. This weekend can't go fast enough for me.

ah, thought it looked familiar. great choice for a title!

Really good idea! Lot more classy than anything I could have come up with!

Great OT. Loved Origins, sunk a lot of time in it. Will probably grab this closer to the holidays.

Very nice OT, thank you OP.
Those 3 days are gonna be loooong.

Wonderful OT! Can't wait to play this baby with everything maxed out (hopefully)

This is amazing, lol

Beautiful OT, Francesco. I will sacrifice a bull to Athena in your honour.

So google translate has failed me. What's the OT text? Also awesome OT, super excited for this!

Wow, OTs are serious business these days, this and the Forza Horizon 4 one are absolutely stellar. Good job!
And excited for the game!

I was like, "Wait, an OT already"? Then I remember there's a headstart for gold edition people.

Fantastic OT, by the way. I'll join in later after I'm done with Pathfinder.
Thanks you guys! <3

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I want this pretty badly, but I gotta focus on getting a PS4 Pro before I get any more games right now, since I traded my PS4 when GameStop did the One X promo not too long ago.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Mom and Pop shop has this in stock, but only the Gold Edtion. Its $110! + tax and its pretty damn tempting. Wish we had some reviews.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
The thread title reminded me of this meme (WARNING: contains offensive language):

Screenshot_20180927_234108_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20180928_174901_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20180928_174916_Instagram.jpg

Anyways, getting the steelbook version of this game. Can't wait!

Oct 25, 2017
like a traditional rpg, there will be different save slots, so he could have a save with the guy (on easy, if he is younger) and you can have a different save file for kassandra with your own preferences. Unless he is so young you are basically playing for him and he's just along for the ride, which you'll need to play both files and deal with it! lol

Yeah he's 4, he's awesome and loves games and loved origins riding the horse and climbing stuff etc but he just plays on my files and I'm not playing 2 at once hah. He saw a commercial for it last night and flipped.

Oct 25, 2017
I am here for it. Origins was my GotY last year and I am dying for more, going to binge this like mad the instant it unlocks on the 2nd.

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely stunning OP. Have an on/off relation with creed after 2 trilogy burnout, only played black flag and syndicate. But sea exploration+female protag = i'm hype.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's a shame none of the statues are of Kassandra, hopefully one will get released separately.
Scratch that! Just saw the post above ^^. I might try to pick that statue up by it's self on eBay unless I can find a UK store selling that.

Can't wait for this game though, Tuesday is going to be crazy bouncing between this and Destiny 2 Weekly Reset and then back to focusing on AC:O in between freelance work.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
I did not realise that this was releasing so soon. I am excited to read the reviews. I love these games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm salty about my gold pre-order likely missing the 2nd, as I asked twice (last monday and then today again) if they were going to be selling (or fulfilling the gold/medusa pre-orders) on the 2nd as clearly stated in the ubisoft FAQ site that my country (Portugal) and this particular store (FNAC, not exactly a mom and pop, its quite big in europe) would have it on the 2nd, and they had no fucking idea what I was talking about lol. I even showed them both the faq site and the competitor store also part of the promo (Worten) which does list October 2nd for the Gold version, and they basically shrugged.

Ill ask again next monday to see whats going on but im losing hope now. It's no biggie except A) well, its supposed to be part of the gold edition which im getting, so technically im not getting something im paying for and B) I actually start 2 weeks off work on that very Tuesday (not planned, just a coincidence) so it would line up nicely :/

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OT! Some of those images look so good that I want to drop everything else and start playing this. But alas, I have DQXI to finish first. I'll join soon.