Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Hey everybody! If I still haven’t finished Origins (prob like 80% of the way) and I’m knee deep in Red Dead, should i pick this up at Target today for $30? And should i finish Origins first?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everybody! If I still haven’t finished Origins (prob like 80% of the way) and I’m knee deep in Red Dead, should i pick this up at Target today for $30? And should i finish Origins first?
This game is an absolute steal for 30 bucks. If you think you can get to it in the future I say buy it.

And definitely finish the main story of Origins if you can. It's worth it to see the ending.

Oct 28, 2017
Still can't dismiss Tekton with the new patch despite it explicitly being in the notes.

New bug for me with the photo mode: now I can't move the camera freely at all, rendering it kind of useless.

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Level 43. On my way to the Olympics. No clue how far I am into the story. After Monster Hunter World’s, this is easily my favorite game of the year. Tears flowing.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the Pirate Set legendary skill went from "Improve Damage from Assassin's Skill by 15%" to "Improve Damage from Assassin's Skill by 50%" if you wear the set itself instead of engraving it on other equipment.

This and Pilgrim Set making you being Invisible as long as you want are game changers for some of the most difficult forts.

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Oh shit, the Pirate Set legendary skill went from "Improve Damage from Assassin's Skill by 15%" to "Improve Damage from Assassin's Skill by 50%" if you wear the set itself instead of engraving it on other equipment.

This and Pilgrim Set making you being Invisible as long as you want are game changers for some of the most difficult forts.
Oh man, really? They made it so that wearing the actual set gives you a significantly bigger bonus? That's definitely a game changer.

Oct 27, 2017
No buffs on the Athenian War Hero set, although I don't think anything could be better than All Arrows Pierce Shields. Noticed the Immortal set is now 100% Health recovery with a 1 minute cooldown instead of 20%, 2 minutes. Never did figure that one out though.

Oct 26, 2017
London

Good god that’s amazing. I can’t wait to see how all my builds have changed.

I hope the expansions have some super tough enemies because I’m already unstoppable pre-patch.

Oct 29, 2017
What's the verdict on Xbox One vs PC now that this has been out for a while? Tempted to grab a copy of Xbox with that eBay code but my PC is also pretty good and I had to make only a few sacrifices to get Origins at 1080/60.

I know there are comparisons out there but they were done at launch.

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Wait, did they buff all the armor sets???
It appears that they made it so that the set bonus is markedly more powerful if you wear all 5 pieces of a set rather than just engrave it onto one piece of equipment, which gives you an incentive to actually use a full set.

They’ve buffed perks for legendary sets, before it was possible to outclass them with purple armour (with a lot of luck) but this makes legendaries far more valuable, as they should be.
It didn't take a lot of luck since you get so many items in the game and can always upgrade good pieces to your level. Given the versatility of the engraving slot, you can easily take an imperfect item and make it very good. Combined with the fact that legendary armours only have 3 properties on them (plus the set bonus shared among all pieces) versus 4 on epic items, it's almost always objectively better to use epic armour and just engrave the set bonus onto one piece of them... until now with the full set bonus.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What's the fastest way to get Olive Wood? I thought I was closer to getting all the upgrades for the ship but apparently an update added more?
I finished upgrading the ship yesterday, so I hope not.

Otherwise, dismantle stuff you don't need and check the metalworker guys for wood on sale.

Nov 24, 2017
What's the fastest way to get Olive Wood? I thought I was closer to getting all the upgrades for the ship but apparently an update added more?
I find doing those random side missions (the hour glass ones) which can be completed in just a few minutes can give you over 100 wood/iron/leather etc if you're around lvl 50+. Doing ten or so will usually get you enough to upgrade weapons, armour and the ship at least once.

Nice update today boosting the legendary sets. The Agamemnon set, for example, now has a 100% boost to fire which added to certain wepons and other armour bonuses you can add meks it ridiculously strong and great fun. Good to see these constant updates.

Still can't dismiss Tekton with the new patch despite it explicitly being in the notes.

New bug for me with the photo mode: now I can't move the camera freely at all, rendering it kind of useless.
I've had different bugs with the photo mode come up (on PC using controller) but they were always random and would go when I restarted the game. Annoying and needs fixing.

Also, this is the custom armour I'm currently wearing.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018
Canada
By far the fastest way to get wood is to simply destroy ships. Sail around and attack every ship you see. I usually get anywhere from 70-200 wood per ship depending on the type of ship. Combined with dismantling everything, after fully upgrading my vessel (including the new patch upgrades), I still have about 17,000 wood.

Edit: Correction, I actually have 29,000 wood right now.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. You just have to go back to the island you started the game on and start killing goats until one drops it.
I just did it on accident when I went back to do a quest. I guess it would be random tho.
Huh, thought it might be something a bit more complicated. What does the eye do, if anything?

Finished Divine Intervention, was an awful lot of running back and forth across the same piece of land.

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, thought it might be something a bit more complicated. What does the eye do, if anything?

Finished Divine Intervention, was an awful lot of running back and forth across the same piece of land.
Nope just a random drop anywhere on the island.

The eye doesn't do anything, it's just worth a bit of money.

Oct 25, 2017

Once you get used to Shadow of Nyx you can kind of go invisible for free anyway. I use it constantly and it rarely costs me adrenaline. As long as you don't use up an entire segment your adrenaline will refill so I use it in short bursts to move between cover or to lead into an assassination. I went from feeling it was a novelty skill to thinking it might actually be broken once I got the rhythm of it down.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny that most of the mercs come running to your location, even if you're hiding, and then once they get close enough, they'll turn around and start walking near you. Like, here we are, wanna fight? Lol.

I just prefer to kill them first whenever I get to a new area.

--

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah there’s nice variety to the rain too, spitting little showers on sunny days to overcast and drissly to full on downpours and thunderstorms.
Downpours and thunderstoms are still stupidly rare though. In almost 80 hours I only saw 3 or 4 max. Almost every time is light rain.