Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I just bought one of those gifts and it's just RNG loot. Got some rubbish epic armour that I have no use for.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Most of it is regular crap, but so far I have been able to get a few dlc items out of them that would have costed me at least €10 otherwise. So it's not all bad.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the most efective way to capture Mecenaries?

I usually low their health as much as possible then fight with my bare fists

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah you also need to eliminate aggro'd enemies around them (whilst carefully avoiding stray hits on the downed merc) before you can hit L3 to recruit, too.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I can understand why Melissanthi Mahut didn't win the TGA award but Kassandra is probably my favourite character this year. She didn't have the arc or emotional impact of Arthur but she's just exceedingly likeable. She's 80% of the reason I'm even bothering to play this game past level 50.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this a couple weeks ago... and it's fantastic. I dropped AC Origins 10 hours in because I thought Bayek was boring and the story to be... not great.

But AC Odyssey has Kassandra and the quests are more interesting. The changes/refinements go a long way too. 30 hours in so far and I'm having a blast.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Zombieland
I can understand why Melissanthi Mahut didn't win the TGA award but Kassandra is probably my favourite character this year. She didn't have the arc or emotional impact of Arthur but she's just exceedingly likeable. She's 80% of the reason I'm even bothering to play this game past level 50.
I think people are still high on Red Dead
Its only been out for a little over a month. People can't judge a game objectively so close to release. They haven't really digested it yet. I'm sure there are people playing Smash right now thinking it's the greatest game ever made.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I just walked through a wheat field and Kassandra puts her hands out like Maximus does in Gladiator. What a neat little touch.

Dullahan

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man just saw that the Season pass also included Liberation HD too. My wallet. Just bought the whole thing. Christmas gifts gonna take a hit...

DeaDPooL_jlp

Oct 31, 2017
So I skipped out on this game initially due to RDR2 coming out around the same time and my thoughts were "There is no way in hell I am even gonna wanna touch AC:O", boy was I wrong. I have very mixed mostly negative opinions surrounding RDR2 so figured I would give AC:O a shot and holy shit what a ride its been. I am only 30 hours in, just complete chapter 4 I believe and sitting around level 25 and its been a blast this entire time. For me it is literally a detox from how I was feeling playing RDR2. Now time to pour another 5-8 hours into it tonight...

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
How do I actually access the dlc? I have the season pass and I thought the mission would show up, do I have to download anything ?

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all would be disgusted if you knew how many hours I've put into this game. It's my current "chill out" game. It's fun to just roam around, do a couple contracts and enjoy the gorgeous scenery. My backlog is piling up and still whenever I get a spare moment I go back to this.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all would be disgusted if you knew how many hours I've put into this game. It's my current "chill out" game. It's fun to just roam around, do a couple contracts and enjoy the gorgeous scenery. My backlog is piling up and still whenever I get a spare moment I go back to this.
I finished the main game at around a hundred hours, but I was into the 160's before the DLC dropped because I've just been riding my horse nonstop. I never want to leave.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
This game is pretty much "Just one more piece of loot" for me lol. Be interesting to see what tweaks the next AC game makes to the RPG system.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the story
Atlantis and brother
, dealt with all cultists, I'm the number one mercenary and champion of the arena.

That's it for the main game. How is the DLC? The first origins DLC was pretty bad! The second one was great though. Is the first Odyssey DLC a skip?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The problem for me with this is that the environmental design/art gets too repetitive. The areas just don't look unique enough for me and it's more obvious the more you continue on in the post game.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm at lvl 49 and was psyched to finally be able to justify upgrading the Pirate legendary set.

Then it turns out the cap is 70 :(

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Been trying to work out how long it would take to get all the bonus armour, weapons, ship designs etc via the Orichalcum shop. My guess, assuming you get a piece in every 6 attempts would be over 6 months playing every week and earning 120 orichalcum every week. But more sets etc are being added all the time so it's probably more like 8 months now. Of course, you don't need any of them so it's not worth getting into a flap about it. No way am I paying the best part of £50 to buy the Helix credits to buy them from the store!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't they nerf the upgrade costs a while back? I'm at 55 now and upgraded everything again, doesn't seem that expensive. Not like you're struggling for money in this game by the end.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
This game is good but it does not respect my time at all.

Finally done with
Main Story and Cult
and just grinding up to Level 50 (now at 47) to finish
Medusa to get to Atlantis

I am now 70 hours in and I feel like this game overstayed it's welcome. I just want it to be done.
I cought my self skipping more than one quest cutscene...

It's still a good game but if it was 20 hours shorter it would be a great game.

I don't regret my time with it but it just takes too Long to finish.
I am not as engaged as I was at the start, which is bad thing for a game to make me feel towards the end.
I hope the next AC will be better paced.
I played on normal and used no micro transactions.

Ending thoughts:

got the happy ending with an reunited family. Nice but it kind of fizzled out in my opinion. It was just…..over.
Same with the Cult ending. I killed Aspasia and expected something to happen when I destroyed the pyramid……
I liked the Pythagoras sequence when you tough the pyramid.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
They need to add more staves in the game. I only know if one Legendary one and it looks ridiculous on your back because of how tall it is.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
The problem for me with this is that the environmental design/art gets too repetitive. The areas just don't look unique enough for me and it's more obvious the more you continue on in the post game.
Other way around for me. The environment is way more varied than I thought it would be. Compare autumn-y Phokis with the mighty Lakonia, or tropical Keos with the barren land of Messara. There's a much greater variety than in previous AC games.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I’m about 15 hours in and still enjoying myself quite a bit. I do have two criticisms of the game though:

1. Level scaling - I don’t like it. One of my favorite things about RPGs is overleveling and smashing the bad guys. The game isn’t hard or anything but I love feeling OP

2. Some of the emotional beats fall flat even though the plot is interesting. The cinematics and writing just don’t sell some of the scenes.

Also I thought there was a way to transmogrify gear but I can’t figure out how to do it. But that’s just my fault.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
1. Level scaling - I don’t like it. One of my favorite things about RPGs is overleveling and smashing the bad guys. The game isn’t hard or anything but I love feeling OP
At first I wasn't a fan of this either but I quickly changed my mind. The fact that I can go anywhere and still get loads of XP and gear is great. Origins was a blast, one of my favorite games of the year, but I never finished some of the first zones because I out leveled them and never wanted to go back. I guess its just a matter of preference, not something I would call a fault.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
At first I wasn't a fan of this either but I quickly changed my mind. The fact that I can go anywhere and still get loads of XP and gear is great. Origins was a blast, one of my favorite games of the year, but I never finished some of the first zones because I out leveled them and never wanted to go back. I guess its just a matter of preference, not something I would call a fault.
Yeah this is definitely a personal preference kinda thing. I can see it if either way. I just have an affinity for over leveling. They should have a toggle for it, imo. I don’t think it’s really important wrt the design of the game.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Finished both main story lines at around 88 hours. Wonderful game, enjoyed it from start to finish.

But where's my credit roll? Show me those names that brought me 90 hours of enjoyment and a sense of completion, satisfaction and reflection, and a nice message saying "Thanks for playing, we hope you enjoyed our game, now go explore and round up stuff!"

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
I think the thing I like most about this game is that I feel I can always come back to it. The controls are intuitive and easy to pick up so even when I haven't played in weeks I jump right back in and start exploring and its a blast.

This game will be much higher up my GOTY list than I initially expected.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no slouch when it comes to long games or putting time down into a game but man AC Odyssey is relentless I think it's actually just always seeing the full size of the map that wears mentally on me. But the joy of progression keeps me up.

Oct 29, 2017
Got the medium ending
(Myrinne and Deimos dead, Nikolaus and Stendor alive)
, feel like I failed a bit at th actual story but I quite like it, feels like a Greek tragedy. Time to mop up the rest of the game.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Is the new mercenary live now?

--

edit, found him. Was a quest on the board, he burned like the other 300 mercenaries that crossed my path.

Last edited:

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Not quite. You’re not alone, even though the two who live aren’t exactly the best and your mother gives a lovely speech after you kill Deimos and before she dies. That last bit makes you feel a sense of closure on the main story. Even if it is a tragic ending.
I didn't get the tragic ending to the family plotline but I must say, having watched it on YouTube, it's well done and seems to fit the themes of the game rather well and better explains the 'twist' in the Atlantis ending.

Family quest thoughts:
I found it really hard to buy into the redemption of Deimos after all the horrible things he did, full of glee and gloating. If they had written him to be more conflicted and suffering under the brainwashing, it would have been easier to swallow. But he was a dick throughout and realistically still a ticking time bomb when they make him see the light. As it stands, my only motivation to make the rescue attempt was Myrrine's insistence and it felt hollow when they embraced him in the happy ending. Perhaps having him join forces with you to defeat the Ghost of Kosmos would have made it go down easier.

Still, this game was a great ride and I'm game for more DLC.