• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Level scaling - I don't like it. One of my favorite things about RPGs is overleveling and smashing the bad guys. The game isn't hard or anything but I love feeling OP

At first I wasn't a fan of this either but I quickly changed my mind. The fact that I can go anywhere and still get loads of XP and gear is great. Origins was a blast, one of my favorite games of the year, but I never finished some of the first zones because I out leveled them and never wanted to go back. I guess its just a matter of preference, not something I would call a fault.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
At first I wasn't a fan of this either but I quickly changed my mind. The fact that I can go anywhere and still get loads of XP and gear is great. Origins was a blast, one of my favorite games of the year, but I never finished some of the first zones because I out leveled them and never wanted to go back. I guess its just a matter of preference, not something I would call a fault.

Yeah this is definitely a personal preference kinda thing. I can see it if either way. I just have an affinity for over leveling. They should have a toggle for it, imo. I don't think it's really important wrt the design of the game.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Finished both main story lines at around 88 hours. Wonderful game, enjoyed it from start to finish.

But where's my credit roll? Show me those names that brought me 90 hours of enjoyment and a sense of completion, satisfaction and reflection, and a nice message saying "Thanks for playing, we hope you enjoyed our game, now go explore and round up stuff!"

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the thing I like most about this game is that I feel I can always come back to it. The controls are intuitive and easy to pick up so even when I haven't played in weeks I jump right back in and start exploring and its a blast.

This game will be much higher up my GOTY list than I initially expected.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no slouch when it comes to long games or putting time down into a game but man AC Odyssey is relentless I think it's actually just always seeing the full size of the map that wears mentally on me. But the joy of progression keeps me up.

Oct 29, 2017
Got the medium ending
(Myrinne and Deimos dead, Nikolaus and Stendor alive)
, feel like I failed a bit at th actual story but I quite like it, feels like a Greek tragedy. Time to mop up the rest of the game.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Is the new mercenary live now?

--

edit, found him. Was a quest on the board, he burned like the other 300 mercenaries that crossed my path.

Last edited:

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Not quite. You're not alone, even though the two who live aren't exactly the best and your mother gives a lovely speech after you kill Deimos and before she dies. That last bit makes you feel a sense of closure on the main story. Even if it is a tragic ending.

I didn't get the tragic ending to the family plotline but I must say, having watched it on YouTube, it's well done and seems to fit the themes of the game rather well and better explains the 'twist' in the Atlantis ending.

Family quest thoughts:
I found it really hard to buy into the redemption of Deimos after all the horrible things he did, full of glee and gloating. If they had written him to be more conflicted and suffering under the brainwashing, it would have been easier to swallow. But he was a dick throughout and realistically still a ticking time bomb when they make him see the light. As it stands, my only motivation to make the rescue attempt was Myrrine's insistence and it felt hollow when they embraced him in the happy ending. Perhaps having him join forces with you to defeat the Ghost of Kosmos would have made it go down easier.

Still, this game was a great ride and I'm game for more DLC.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
After the latest patch on Pro photo mode is bugged and the background keeps popping in during dialogue scenes. Really annoying.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished dealing with the DLC cultists. That was fun as hell. I love how they brought in little whodunit elements, albeit very simple.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to discern the rarity of units within restricted areas where you can't use the hawk?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
This week challenge is kind of cute since I never used the staff and... wow, its actually really fun and has a lot of crowd control moves.

I played the entire game using only Sword and Spear with the occasional Dagger here and there.

Oh and the bow, I love the bow O_O

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm wondering if I got fucked out of the Chapter 7 Trophy?

The DLC says you must complete Act 7 to start, and I can start the DLC but I have no Act 7 trophy?

Maybe someone further in the game can answer without spoilers? I'm currently doing...

The Olympic quest and meeting my mother in Arkadia. I just did the war in Boetia quest line. So basically I'm helping the two Spartan Kings at this poin. Should I have the chapter 7 trophy by now?

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Finished AC Odyssey. The game... damn it was a blast. Of course there is a ton of room to improve but this new direction since Origins is very much in my wheelhouse. I also hope we see more protagonists like Kassandra(or I shouldn't say this given I missed out on like a ton of them between Black Flag and now).
But what I liked about her was a comical confidence that kinda just fit with the fact that she was kinda superhuman. Super charismatic. And dare I say that indirectly this was probably the closest we are going to get to a wonder woman game? Just kinda still makes me dream about the Wakanda Black Panther Ubisoft license teamup.

After the ending it seems the next AC will stay within that time frame in history so my hopes for something for exotic ala China, India etc are for the title after at best. I need to let the AC hunger build up again but this definitely made want to try Origins which I hear has a stronger story.

Oh I think the biggest thing AC should look into in the future is having systems that are not combat reliant in their games. I think that is the thing that can grind people down the most. If you think back to witcher 3 having a very involved narrative around Gwent was incredibly useful to break up the pacing of the core game loop in an engaging way. On the other end of that is how Rockstar does it with just giving out a ton of side activities that aren't as meaningful(not my personal preference). But despite really liking the game I do think having so many objective rely on solely the combat mechanics can wear you down. Story cutscenes are basically the only other big thing that breaks away from that.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just an "early 2019". My guess is somewhere near the end of January for the next one. I doubt they will wait too long between each episode.

Thanks. The DLC episode was short, but I understand it's a 3 parter. The added missions and mini-cult was fun while it lasted, also fun because it was localized to one big island instead of having to traverse the entire map :p

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed at about ~170 hours / lvl 68, have now run out of things to do other than hourglass missions with bloodthirsty requesters. The final pirate mission were a bit tedious, but it did at least lead to sexy times with Xenia I guess. Awaiting more DLC / Tales of Greece but have RDR2 waiting to be started, however I doubt it's going to be quite as fun as this was. Might need a short-ish palate cleanser kind of thing before that.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
If anyone was still wondering how you get the red variant of the Wonderman armour it's called the Wondrous Outfit which automatically unlocks when you get to level 65 and it is indeed quite wonderful.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Why are there twice as many female love interests as male ones? This is honestly bullshit.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that has maybe had an eye on the origin season pass do these ever go on sale? I have the choice to get AC:Origin for 30 bucks but I'd like to have the additional content as well so I'm not sure if I should wait for a better sale on the gold edition or if I can just go for it and get the season pass on a sale.
I'm in the EU region. Asking cause I haven't really followed the games but I've noticed that the gold edition is still sold for 100 bucks in my local stores and even on amazon you're paying 77 bucks for it.

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone that has maybe had an eye on the origin season pass do these ever go on sale? I have the choice to get AC:Origin for 30 bucks but I'd like to have the additional content as well so I'm not sure if I should wait for a better sale on the gold edition or if I can just go for it and get the season pass on a sale.
I'm in the EU region. Asking cause I haven't really followed the games but I've noticed that the gold edition is still sold for 100 bucks in my local stores and even on amazon you're paying 77 bucks for it.
The season pass does go on sale and it's been on sale a few times. Personally I bought the 2 main dlcs (The Hidden Ones and The Curse of the Pharaohs) outside of the Season pass but on sale themselves so it worked out a little cheaper again.

The last time they were on sale was in October, the Season pass was reduced to 25 (https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1802242/assassins-creedr-origins-season-pass). I bought The Hidden Ones for 5 and Pharaohs for 12 instead.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The season pass does go on sale and it's been on sale a few times. Personally I bought the 2 main dlcs (The Hidden Ones and The Curse of the Pharaohs) outside of the Season pass but on sale themselves so it worked out a little cheaper again.

The last time they were on sale was in October, the Season pass was reduced to 25 (https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1802242/assassins-creedr-origins-season-pass). I bought The Hidden Ones for 5 and Pharaohs for 12 instead.
Thank you. I'll go for the base game for christmas then and will be on the look out for the season pass sale.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I just did a quest today where a guy locked himself up in a cage cause he thought he was a danger to his parents. He wanted me to get his sword and shield so he sent me to get them. It ended up being a hilarious quest that ended with me
Fucking his dad and killing his mom cause he didn't know they were really his parents

I laughed my ass. I hope there's more quests like this

Also the battle staff is my favorite weapon I think.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It is fucking unfair that while some mercs can do you an extreme amount of fire/poison damage your character can not. I ding this merc system extremely unfun.
I am loving this game for the most part but sometimes it makes me want to uninstall.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
About to start this. What skilltrees should i invest in for a fun ride? What are must have skills?
You can respec any time, which you should, because it's fun to experiment and refine your build.

Off the top of my head, Hero Strike and Hunter Mastery (I think it's called). The former is a hugely powerful move in and out of combat with a long cool down, the latter will recharge adrenaline outside of combat, but unlocks at a higher level I think.

Oh, and Sparta Kick, which never stops being hilarious and quite vital early on for taking down tough enemies with some help from gravity.

Oct 25, 2017
About to start this. What skilltrees should i invest in for a fun ride? What are must have skills?
You can respec at any time so just experiment and find a play style you like. The truly important aspect of character building is actually your gear. Once you figure out whether you want to go warrior, hunter or assassin, focus only on that damage type and on traits that help that play style. Trying to be a jack-of-all-trades does not work in this game, you're going to have a hard go of it if you don't focus on one, maybe two types.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Odyssey on black Friday , was originally planing to sit on it until all the story expansions are out, but his weekend i was staying in due to heavy rains an i broke and installed it yesterday .
20 hours later....and i still cant stop playing . On one hand i don't wanna blow through the games too quickly, on the other hand life is too short so fuck it .
plus you gotta love a game that let me be an arrogant asshole while still coming off as likeable
3aOQaf4.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
jdnl909jabq11.jpg
5 male love interests
10 female love interests

Seriously, Ubisoft needs to get more shit for this. (That and they pretty much all suck, but that's another topic entirely...)

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
jdnl909jabq11.jpg
5 male love interests
10 female love interests

Seriously, Ubisoft needs to get more shit for this. (That and they pretty much all suck, but that's another topic entirely...)

I thought there would be a lot more considering how many people I've banged already and still only seeing like a quarter of the game. That is a disappointing breakdown though.

So far the
blacksmith
was my favorite.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, if I want sex I get it outside of video games. The only time I agreed to intercourse in Odyssey was with Alkibiades because it was too intriguing to turn down lol

But yeah idk why people make this into a big deal, it's hardly the selling point of the game or any form of major feature