• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, if I want sex I get it outside of video games. The only time I agreed to intercourse in Odyssey was with Alkibiades because it was too intriguing to turn down lol

But yeah idk why people make this into a big deal, it's hardly the selling point of the game or any form of major feature

If you're going to do a thing, do it right or don't bother, might be the explanation you want here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
jdnl909jabq11.jpg
5 male love interests
10 female love interests

Seriously, Ubisoft needs to get more shit for this. (That and they pretty much all suck, but that's another topic entirely...)

Not only that, the male love interests are pretty bad. Alkibiades is repulsive, the blacksmith...lol

Meanwhile Brasidas is not romanceable, when he could be a very interesting character to do so

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
WTF is going on the Gluten Free mission cave in chapter 7? 5 Mercenaries in that cave. the mission is level 38 but there are mercenaries level 42 in that cave.
I'm sure this is a glitch but it means I won't be able to progress that path of the main mission. Game breaking!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Not only that, the male love interests are pretty bad. Alkibiades is repulsive, the blacksmith...lol
Yeah. Only the doctor isn't repulsive and of course he's boring.

Meanwhile Brasidas is not romanceable, when he could be a very interesting character to do so
Indeed, completely missed opportunity there. There was genuine chemistry between the characters too.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Romancing that blacksmith made no sense whatsoever.

This game needs more thundrrstorms. I'm level 59 and I've literally only seen one this entire time and that was like 25 levels ago.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
So after one hundred hours I finally cleared the map sans the few activities that are locked until the appropriate story beat is reached.

On to the second story mission lol

I've done enough story missions now to unlock the next killathon side activity that has added another bunch of icons to my map in addition to all the side quests that just unlocked. This is going to take a while.

edit: I had a thunderstorm rocking for a while in last nights session. I think it's the only one I've seen the whole game.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
If you're at sea during a thunderstorm, you get some amusing dialogue.
Barnabas gets scared of Poseidon's wrath, and Kass throws up, too.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I completed the (weekly?) Mission of killing bandits with fire, arrows and staff, but I have not received my reward yet and don't know where to claim. The deadline ends tomorrow at night, and I wasted some good time trying to get it, so I'm scared of not gaining anything

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I completed the (weekly?) Mission of killing bandits with fire, arrows and staff, but I have not received my reward yet and don't know where to claim. The deadline ends tomorrow at night, and I wasted some good time trying to get it, so I'm scared of not gaining anything

You don't have to claim it, you automatically get it as soon as you finish the requirements.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Alcibiades is awesome, this is slander.

The blacksmith I legit only sexed up 'cause I didn't feel like doing any quest foolishness. I didn't realize it'd be an integral part to the quest.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Thought I had done all the map and could focus on finishing off the last cultists... turns out I hadn't even entered Achea yet. Gahhhhh *guides horse around chasing ? on the map all over again* :P

But finally, only the cultist storyline remaining now, phew. About time.

The Atlantis storyline... it's conclusion is kind of underwhelming? I was expecting another boss, for one. And OK, modern-day Kass was kind of a mindfuck, but... I didn't like how the main reasoning for sealing Atlantis is to keep it off the hands of the cult, when the cult is all but dying... actually what happens if you wipe the entire cult before doing the Atlantis story? Do you get more choices? :|

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure why they made the expansions episodic, the Origins format was better. Right now there's really no motivation to buy it until it all comes out anyway. Especially when the first expansion is in the same area so it basically just feels like 3 hours more of the base game (which has endless content anyway).

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Question : Does everyone manage to reliably pull off the" mounting horse while running " move ? I managed once of twice, but most time times my stupid asshole horse just does a little U-turn around me and stops in place, back toward the direction I wanted to go .

Is there some embarrassingly obvious trick im missing ? Im having some real Witcher 3 " My asshole horse refuses to run on small bridges, costing me the race" flashbacks from it .

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The Atlantis storyline... it's conclusion is kind of underwhelming? I was expecting another boss, for one. And OK, modern-day Kass was kind of a mindfuck, but... I didn't like how the main reasoning for sealing Atlantis is to keep it off the hands of the cult, when the cult is all but dying... actually what happens if you wipe the entire cult before doing the Atlantis story? Do you get more choices? :|

There's more
Atlantis content coming after Legacy of the First Blade is finished. The second batch of season pass DLC is called The Fate of Atlantis.

Nov 18, 2018
Question : Does everyone manage to reliably pull off the" mounting horse while running " move ? I managed once of twice, but most time times my stupid asshole horse just does a little U-turn around me and stops in place, back toward the direction I wanted to go .

Is there some embarrassingly obvious trick im missing ? Im having some real Witcher 3 " My asshole horse refuses to run on small bridges, costing me the race" flashbacks from it .

I don't think there's a particular trick, you just keep running and the horse should catch up to you and you jump on. Sometimes you need to try and run next to him if he starts going in a weird direction or there are trees or something in the way. I don't think it works in areas where the horse can't run at full speed though, like in towns.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
First AC I play since the second.

Bought mainly for virtual tourism, surprised it's a legitimately good game.

Loving the conspiracy vibes.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a second, you can run in this game? how so? I tried all the traditional buttons yet never felt like I was sprinting at all. Also, how could I drop a dead body after carrying it in a more gentle way? I always have to either attack or do a dodge, but I'm scared of alerting the enemies by doing so

You don't have to claim it, you automatically get it as soon as you finish the requirements.

My tasklog says that I filled the requirements, but the mission hasn't been cleared yet. I have the theory than at times I killed enemies using fire combined with the arrows or staff, and when I did that the game counted it as a kill for both requirements, but that in reality it only counted the kills with fire (sans why that requirement dissapeared)

My problem is that I don't know where to find bandits in the regular, I farmed them on the bandit camps, but as far as I know, they don't respawn after being killed

Nov 18, 2018
Wait a second, you can run in this game? how so? I tried all the traditional buttons yet never felt like I was sprinting at all. Also, how could I drop a dead body after carrying it in a more gentle way? I always have to either attack or do a dodge, but I'm scared of alerting the enemies by doing so

There's not a button for running, movement speed is controlled by the L stick. I guess the fastest run speed isn't as fast as sprinting in some other games.

To drop a dead body you hit R2, or L2+R2 to throw.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I don't normally care for achievements, but I have one missing so far for the First Blade. Somehow I'm supposed to assassinate four enemies with the Pride of the Lion sword, but anytime I trigger the action I seem to be chucking daggers around.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I don't normally care for achievements, but I have one missing so far for the First Blade. Somehow I'm supposed to assassinate four enemies with the Pride of the Lion sword, but anytime I trigger the action I seem to be chucking daggers around.
The Pride of the Lion sword allows you to chain four enemies with rush assassinate, which is what the achievement wants you to do.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to finish the weekly quest T_T

Engraving a Staff with the skill to make its damage Fire Damage and then going to the Arena and fighting the King of Bandits make it super fast to complete (only needed like 4 runs of the gauntlet)

Ugh, I wish they hurry and release the NG+ update to go again with my OP Kassandra lol, oh well, I already started the game again as Alexios so it will be fun to see any difference between them. So far Alexios is also fun in a "I want to act macho but I am a softie" kind of way.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to finish the weekly quest T_T

Engraving a Staff with the skill to make its damage Fire Damage and then going to the Arena and fighting the King of Bandits make it super fast to complete (only needed like 4 runs of the gauntlet)

When do you unlock the arena?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
When do you unlock the arena?
As soon as you get out of Kephallonia =P

Go to Pephka region and you will find it there, there is also a quest tied to it called "They Just want Cruelty" that introduces it, you start it by killing the mercenary sent to kill you in Kephallonia.

Be warned because, if I recall correctly, the enemies in the Arena start from Lvl. 20+ but is a fast way to make coins and complete challenges like "Kill 20 Bandits" or "Kill 20 Spartan Soldiers" because the Arena has gauntles filled with specific types of enemies.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
The Pride of the Lion sword allows you to chain four enemies with rush assassinate, which is what the achievement wants you to do.

I've done that though, and it doesn't seem to have triggered the achievement for some reason. Wondering if I have to find 4 enemies that I can one hit in a chain.

--

Edit, weirdly it seems I managed to get the achievement while simultaneously dying so I never saw it and the trophies hadn't synced. The screenshot of the achievement being triggered has desynchronised on it so I guess it didn't show for long.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the game is really good. Was about time someone tried to copy Dragon's Dogma's open world combat.

One question though: I'm play with the alternative button mapping, however I can't indiviually map buttons. When I go to the customization menu, I can only change the default button config. The alternative config is almost perfect, but dodge gotta be on X and not on O. I don't want to swap those button with the PS4 function, mind you.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't mean to derail the thread but what the shit with that avatar bro.....I thought there was a demon spider on my screen at work.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
It is a Japanese spider crab . there is no deeper reason i chose it as an avatar - just thought its a funny looking critter. Look at this cute doofy bastard !
Japanese_Spider_Crab1.jpg

And to keep this on-topic . im 20 hours in and yet to feel the dreadful " GRRRRRINDING" many in this forum was up in arms about . Im just virtual touring ancient Greece, romancing both sexes while climbing shit and killing fools, having the time of my life .

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Pressing the shoot/heavy attack button will drop a body. Aiming then pressing will throw it.

My tasklog says that I filled the requirements, but the mission hasn't been cleared yet. I have the theory than at times I killed enemies using fire combined with the arrows or staff, and when I did that the game counted it as a kill for both requirements, but that in reality it only counted the kills with fire (sans why that requirement dissapeared)

My problem is that I don't know where to find bandits in the regular, I farmed them on the bandit camps, but as far as I know, they don't respawn after being killed

The same thing happened to me, but I just reloaded from before it filled like that and it fixed itself when I fulfilled the requirements again.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pressing the shoot/heavy attack button will drop a body. Aiming then pressing will throw it.

The same thing happened to me, but I just reloaded from before it filled like that and it fixed itself when I fulfilled the requirements again.

I actually got the mission now, I just needed to kill 1 bandit with an arrow and another with an staff, I guess that it got bugged out because originally I did it while finishing another mission

And thanks for the tips

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I've been sailing around the destroying every ship under the sun in a bid to clear out all the bounties I have cluttering up my quest log. I actually think the visuals peak when you're out in the middle of the sea. The water tech is absolutely gorgeous and just seeing the skybox and settlements in the distance is quite serene. Night time is even better when you see all the houses individually lit.

Makes me wish they put more resources into the ship/sailing mechanics and built upon what they had in Black Flag instead of wasting time with mercs/conquest battles. Would have been cool if they made your ship bigger with a cabin so it acted more like your mini home of sorts like the camp on RDR or the vineyard in TW3.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Cultist story wrapped up.
Called it that it'd be Aphasia the moment I saw the clues of the Ghost being a woman who controlled Athenian politics and planned Perikles' death. It really couldn't be anyone else other than someone we hadn't already met, which would have sucked. I also didn't trust her claim that his death was accidental (the cultist clues reveal that she planned it, and that she's a liar too, and her letters to the other Cultist leaders showed intent and malice). So I totally killed her. For Phoibe, bitch!

That said, that ending was also kind of underwhelming. I wish something else happened once you wrapped up all 3 storylines, but nope. The nod to the other AC games was kinda cool though I guess.

I'm ready to shelf this game for now, I think... unless they reveal interesting DLC somewhere down the line (what's with the Cyclops Arges island anyway?).

It's also kind of incredible how there isn't an NG+ mode. This game is begging for it. I wouldn't mind replaying the game and making different story choices, focusing entirely on story missions and ignoring everything else, but there's no way in hell I'm starting a new file just to find out what happens if I spare X instead of killing them and vice-versa. xD

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

If your horse is doing a u-turn, I think that's because you're running towards it. To mount while running, you need to keep running forward, and let the horse catch up with you from behind :)

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So about lvl scaling, does everything scale with me? I know for sure main quests do but what about side quests?
I have to kill a boar for Daphnae but he's too strong for me now, I wonder if I can do this when I'm higher lvl so it's easier?
Is there any point doing side quests anyway? Sure they give me gear and stuff, but most of them seem to be fetch quests. I don't want to finish this too fast, but at the same time, I'm not having much fun doing everything I come across.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
So about lvl scaling, does everything scale with me? I know for sure main quests do but what about side quests?
I have to kill a boar for Daphnae but he's too strong for me now, I wonder if I can do this when I'm higher lvl so it's easier?
Is there any point doing side quests anyway? Sure they give me gear and stuff, but most of them seem to be fetch quests. I don't want to finish this too fast, but at the same time, I'm not having much fun doing everything I come across.

It does scale, but if you're mindful of your equipment and apply engravings that quest will get easier.

And I recommend following that quest through to it's end, it's long and quite rewarding.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
It does scale, but if you're mindful of your equipment and apply engravings that quest will get easier.

And I recommend following that quest through to it's end, it's long and quite rewarding.

I'm planning on finishing it. I might just do these character side quests and ignore everything else...

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
It's also kind of incredible how there isn't an NG+ mode. This game is begging for it. I wouldn't mind replaying the game and making different story choices, focusing entirely on story missions and ignoring everything else, but there's no way in hell I'm starting a new file just to find out what happens if I spare X instead of killing them and vice-versa. xD
They said that NG+ is coming, so there's that, at least.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This one game where I don't really care or want a NG+. It already takes forever to get to max level and the base game has almost endless content by SP standards, I can't really see myself ever starting again. It's not like there are a ton of amazing main quests or set pieces to replay either.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
This one game where I don't really care or want a NG+. It already takes forever to get to max level and the base game has almost endless content by SP standards I can't really see myself ever starting again. It's not like their are a ton of amazing main quests or set pieces to replay either.

I want to fight the mythical beasts again on hard (and maybe the Daphnae quest line) without having to go through the game again. I've pretty much exhausted the quests but I do love the conquest battles and fort assaults so I think I could go on for a while yet.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm this better not be "real ending locked behind DLC" kinda BS... :|
To be fair, this is the end of a plot thread and not like they're locking the actual ending of the game behind a paywall, like Capcom did with Asura's Wrath. Even if I didn't already own the season pass, I would probably buy in just because of how much enjoyment I've been getting out of the game.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
You can. If you dont want to wait till you're high enough you can also
Aggro a merc whos a higher level than the boar and lead them to to the arena. Vanish out of their sight, and they'll fight the boar for you.
Its what I did when i started the game lol

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Regarding this new DLC.... so it's a new character, but no new areas?
Is it worth the asking price?

I think I FAR prefer what they did with the DLC of Origins; same character, new areas.