Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2018
Ubisoft: In Odyssey the choices, including romance, will be YOURS.

Ubisoft after gettin' sum $$$: haha siiikeeeeee

Not the first time a producer of media has done this, and still feels like shit

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played either of these Legacy of the First Blade DLCs yet. Probably going to wait until all three are out.

Assuming the last one is roughly equivalent in length to the first two, how much additional content are we talking altogether? I'd like to know how much time to set aside to play this thing.

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played either of these Legacy of the First Blade DLCs yet. Probably going to wait until all three are out.

Assuming the last one is roughly equivalent in length to the first two, how much additional content are we talking altogether? I'd like to know how much time to set aside to play this thing.
The first one took me 3 hours to complete, that's the story missions and killing everyone in the added cultist branch. If they're all around that length then I'd guess they would be 9 - 12 hours in total.

Oh right, no real excuse for this then.

Doesn’t bother me personally because I took a “fuck everything that moves” stance in my playthrough but it’s not at all hard to see how this would upset people.
oh I certainly understand the complaints about it. But I consider it more as a plot point, and not the end of the fucking world that it's being proclaimed as.

Oct 28, 2017
So i just started playing a few days ago. Is there any way to get rid of this annoying popup for the DLC that just released? It comes up every time i go to the menu. I have the gold edition, already installed it, and i've cleared my notifications in the in-game DLC store.

Oct 27, 2017
So i just started playing a few days ago. Is there any way to get rid of this annoying popup for the DLC that just released? It comes up every time i go to the menu. I have the gold edition, already installed it, and i've cleared my notifications in the in-game DLC store.
Same here, I dont have the DLC and whenever I load the map it pops up. Fucking annoying as shit.

Jan 29, 2018
I just came here to complain about this. I see it every time I open the menu/map. Playing on PS4.

Happened to me, too. I just saved, quit out of the game and relaunched it. Was fine after that.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a point in the story where I need to side with Athens or Sparta?

I have been keeping the status quo so far.

I have just finished Perikles's Symposium mission and I am leaving areas unexplored just so I don't weaken a side too much.

Jan 3, 2018
Canada

I have just finished Perikles's Symposium mission and I am leaving areas unexplored just so I don't weaken a side too much.
Technically yes but not really in practice. You're a mercenary that works for the highest bidder, so work for whoever you wish.

The conquest battles and the like are just a side activity that doesn't really impact the main story. The Peloponnesian War is ongoing during the course of the game, and control of most regions will flip between Athens and Sparta even without your interaction. The only areas that can't be changed are Attika (Athens) and Lakonia (Sparta) because the fortification bar will regenerate too quickly. They're basically the "home base" regions for each army.

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So I want to jump in into the game, does XP/rewards scale with difficulty? If so, how difficult is Hard? I want to avoid grinding, but also want to have semi-challenge, loved Origins.

Oct 27, 2017
You will get better gear on Hard, but I wouldn't change the difficulty until you've got your bearings. Some things are quite overwhelming on Normal to begin with, especially Mercenaries. Once you've got your head round the gear and buffs, then maybe change settings.

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like there's a patch out today. Just started downloading 1.13. "improved stability".

Hope it fixed the crash on fast travel, and the extra pop-in and loading of textures I've seen since 1.12.

Looks like there's a patch out today. Just started downloading 1.13. "improved stability".

Hope it fixed the crash on fast travel, and the extra pop-in and loading of textures I've seen since 1.12.
Man, what is up with patches taking 30 years to get through the "copying" phase of installation? It's only some games that do it, but it takes so long. I know the PS4 is actually doing a bunch of different things during that time, but patches used to install instantly after download, and it's not always like that anymore.

Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Does the story send you to Makedonia, Messenia, and Achaia? They're the last 3 areas of the map I haven't revealed or done any "?"s in and was wondering if I should take a break from where I am and go scout them out. I just started Chapter 8 and I'm currently in Athens

edit: nevermind I already finished everything.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Does the story send you to Makedonia, Messenia, and Achaia? They're the last 3 areas of the map I haven't revealed or done any "?"s in and was wondering if I should take a break from where I am and go scout them out. I just started Chapter 8 and I'm currently in Athens

edit: nevermind I already finished everything.

If you are planning to play the DLCs then all of the missions take place in Makedonia and Achaia

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, throughout the main story you'll fight for both sides. As for conquest battles it's up to you if you want to make your own canon, but basically mercenaries just fight for the top bidder.

So I want to jump in into the game, does XP/rewards scale with difficulty? If so, how difficult is Hard? I want to avoid grinding, but also want to have semi-challenge, loved Origins.
I played most of the game on hard, as I specced hunter, which is quite OP. It seems to me like enemies don't get much more health or armor, but they do quite a bit more damage, so it all depends on how good you are at dodging. You can change the difficulty whenever you want so just try and see what works.

Orb

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finished two of the main stories last night, 56 hours in. I definitely want to finish the other main story and do a few more of the big side quests (like the legendary hunts) but I don't know if I have it in me to do the Platinum.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm in episode 7 and
about to meet my mother it seems like.
I just entered Nexos' port. How far into the game am I? Honestly, despite being a bit lengthy, the game is very, very good overall. Makes me wonder if the Ubisoft hate is a meme. If their other games are on this level, I might have to check them out too. Kassandra is also one of the better video game characters I've seen in a while.

I'll definitely finish the story, probably not the plat trophy though. The game is just too big.

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I just entered Nexos' port. How far into the game am I? Honestly, despite being a bit lengthy, the game is very, very good overall. Makes me wonder if the Ubisoft hate is a meme. If their other games are on this level, I might have to check them out too. Kassandra is also one of the better video game characters I've seen in a while.

I'll definitely finish the story, probably not the plat trophy though. The game is just too big.
I’d estimate that you’re about 2/3 through the family story. You then have two other major branches of the story to complete as well: the cultists and the artifacts. If you’re on PC, there’s a percent completion estimate in Uplay.

Oct 27, 2017

I’d estimate that you’re about 2/3 through the family story. You then have two other major branches of the story to complete as well: the cultists and the artifacts. If you’re on PC, there’s a percent completion estimate in Uplay.
I might be remembering wrong but I think at that point you haven't even started the third main storyline (but you're close to it) and that one is also pretty long and DEFINITELY worth pursuing. But yeah 2/3 might still be accurate all things considered, hard to say

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else got a bug where the texture for the golden button on the mercenary breatplate doesn't load properly? Looks fine on the black, dark red and black/red variations but on the white/blue and bright red/blue variations the button is just a golden blurry circle. Xbox One version btw.

EDIT: Nevermind, seemed to fix it with a second reinstall. Still seem to be loading that specific texture on those 2 pieces a little slower than it should but before it wasn't loading in at all. Weird.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I swear after this week patch preformance have gotten really faster , while game physics become glitchier :
Same experience over here! FPS drops in city environments are much less heavy, but lots of floating objects and also sometimes some weird character movement.
In return pop-in is worse than before, the LOD is shortened quite aggressively (playing maxed out on PC).

Mar 11, 2018
good lord this game has too much shit to do
how far am i in the story i just
killed elpenor
i'm doing so many side quests i'm at level 18 and barley scratched main quests.

Nov 1, 2017
I really like the historical details, especially their integration into the side quests. For example, on an island, we have the city of Gortyne and a quest asks to kill a herald from the city of Phaistos. We can see the destroyed city a little further away. In reality, that's exactly what happened. Gortyne destroyed Phaistos. Well, I would have liked something more sustained but it's already a good reference.
Like Corinth, we spend a lot of time with the hetaïres and the prostitution aspect of the city was well known at the time.

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
good lord this game has too much shit to do
how far am i in the story i just
killed elpenor
i'm doing so many side quests i'm at level 18 and barley scratched main quests.
yeah i'm level 34 and i've mostly been critical path-ing. i think i'm at 40 hrs :P

how much longer do i have if i just met up with braisadas for the second time?