Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2018
Only need to upgrade the ship for the Platin but this will be a drag, I'm constantly running out of wood yet I still have to upgrade 4x which is ~ 7000 wood.
I was tempted to buy a booster but even the best pack only gives 3k wood ._.
Loot war supplies before you burn them, and cleave a lot of ships in two.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the 2nd DLC minutes ago.

I gotta say .. I really admire Ubisoft's content road map. The new story plus side missions are a good couple of hours and obviously you'll be leveling up by other radiant things like conflicts etc all the while, although XP accumulation is just as incredibly slow as before without any kind of boosters.

I like the story of the DLC so far and am eagerly awaiting the third (and final ?) DLC chapter.Odyssey is by far the best AC game over the last many years and I'm glad Ubisoft are putting more into this game instead of immediately severing all bridges and jumping into development of the next one.

That baby has a very creepy laugh and animation.

elenarie

Developer at DICE
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
After 115 hours, finished the base game with all quests and locations.
I have been on an Assassin's Creed franchise playthrough since September. Feels a bit empty now. Welp. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Only need to upgrade the ship for the Platin but this will be a drag, I'm constantly running out of wood yet I still have to upgrade 4x which is ~ 7000 wood.
I was tempted to buy a booster but even the best pack only gives 3k wood ._.
Have you been upping your mercenary rank? Has you move up you get perks, and one of them is that it cuts upgrade prices.

Oct 27, 2017
After 115 hours, finished the base game with all quests and locations.
I have been on an Assassin's Creed franchise playthrough since September. Feels a bit empty now. Welp. :(

There's still 1 more episode of the DLC left. A fitting epilogue to your odyssey hopefully.

edit: I forgot, there's supposed to be a 3 piece Atlantis story arc as well.

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Well, never played an Assassin's Creed in my (sooo long ;) gamer's life and still I fancy Ancient Greece and heard good things re: how AC had become a good WRPG took the plunge during XMas sale...

... 65h later, in barely 40 days, hit level 50 just reaching episode 7 of the story.

This game is so funny:
- Forts invasions going south with reinforcements and Mercenaries wreaking havoc
- Side-missions going from "glorified copy-paste" to plain "WOW !, side quest ?"
the Kyea sidequest is really involved and quite the nice story, ended bittersweet for me with Kyra sobbing through our parting ways, could see Kassandra coming back to her once her adventures are over, other "romances" are quite shallow - though I guess it can be broken if one goes straight after the Leader
- Abilities make fighting quite interesting with increased tiers offering new possibilities (boucing rush assassination between Elite can be fun)
- great gameplay loop with new abilities, new gear, new upgrades for the ship (ship fights only become balanced when once one has significantly upgraded the ship, at leaston Hard)...
- ... which lasts until late into the game (now re-tuning my build with mastery levels, pumping up the Crit % on full health)
- conquests offer different gameplay though not very deep, nice "side-activity" (though some Greek Gwent would be best)
-
Mythical creatures are really challenging and somewhat frightening, was clanching my pad quite hard as I progressed through the maze to face the Minotaur, who I somehow beat on my first try... speaking of such creatures, the Cyclops was much harder - at least for a assassin/warrior - and I had to go down to Normal to beat him. Of note that while on hard I almost got him a few times, he had much less health on Normal, better, and much less challenging fighting moves, bad... wished opponents were less spongy in hard, with same challenge as far as fighting style is concerned
- Nice to meet historical figures such as Perikles, Eurypides, Sokrates...

With a family of four, busy work, 65h in 40 days, never thought I would get so much into an AC game (is this an AC game ?), kudos to Ubisoft for the gorgeous and engrossing game!

Not there yet, stay tuned...

Did my game bug out? I have a mission to collect 3 seals from Spartan Polemarchs and do some sabotage in their camps... so I do that for a while, and I swear I had 3 seals, but I also levelled up. Unfortunately I spent my upgrade point on the wrong ability. Instead of spending money to respec I figured it'd be just as easy to reload the game to a save from a minute ago (when I levelled). Anyway, I do that and begin heading back to turn in the quest, but I realize I don't have 3 seals. Huh? Well it's possible I was mistaken and only collected two (though I'm 90% there were three separate seals in my inventory) but the real issue is that the quest progress is telling me I only have ONE seal, when there are clearly TWO in my inventory. So, what the hell? lol my last save before taking this mission is HOURS old... do I have to revert back to fix this? Or am I just dumb? I hope it's the latter.

Oct 27, 2017
Monthly update is set for tomorrow according to Assassin's Creed twitter (no statement, just answering the 234 people asking). We sold have more informations about the next episode.

Can't wait to see again my husband-who-I-don't-even-remember-the-name. Hope he is ok with open relationships 'cause I definitely romanced the two bothers

Monthly update is set for tomorrow according to Assassin's Creed twitter (no statement, just answering the 234 people asking). We sold have more informations about the next episode.

Can't wait to see again my husband-who-I-don't-even-remember-the-name. Hope he is ok with open relationships 'cause I definitely romanced the two bothers
Both of them?! But they're such N E R D S. Did Coward-bro or PTSD-bro get sloppy seconds? XD

I'm loving these add-on missions, though. And there seem to be a bunch more on the way as the trophy list still has a bunch of blank trophies.

Oct 25, 2017
If I sync with all the viewpoints and no gold exclamation marks appear on the map, does that mean there's no side-quests in a particular region, that I haven't found them yet?

Think I'm gonna skip all the outposts and animal dens and focus on the actual quests, because that's where the great material is

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the main game after a couple weeks of plugging away at it. I'm gonna miss playing as Kassandra.

I wish they would've just made her the main character for the modern stuff moving forward. Oh well.

Oct 28, 2017
I just "unlocked" the cultist stuff in the main story - holy shit! This game just keeps getting better and better! I love it!
I’m maybe 2 hours ahead of you in terms of the game. I also can’t believe it. Like every new mission I do it unlocks a new branch of something. And then there is the DLC......

And then I zoom out on the map and get overwhelmed. It’s going to be a long time with this one.

Did my game bug out? I have a mission to collect 3 seals from Spartan Polemarchs and do some sabotage in their camps... so I do that for a while, and I swear I had 3 seals, but I also levelled up. Unfortunately I spent my upgrade point on the wrong ability. Instead of spending money to respec I figured it'd be just as easy to reload the game to a save from a minute ago (when I levelled). Anyway, I do that and begin heading back to turn in the quest, but I realize I don't have 3 seals. Huh? Well it's possible I was mistaken and only collected two (though I'm 90% there were three separate seals in my inventory) but the real issue is that the quest progress is telling me I only have ONE seal, when there are clearly TWO in my inventory. So, what the hell? lol my last save before taking this mission is HOURS old... do I have to revert back to fix this? Or am I just dumb? I hope it's the latter.
It might be the mission where you have to get 3 specific polemarchs, not any 3 polemarchs. I'd recommend checking that out again.

If I sync with all the viewpoints and no gold exclamation marks appear on the map, does that mean there's no side-quests in a particular region, that I haven't found them yet?

Think I'm gonna skip all the outposts and animal dens and focus on the actual quests, because that's where the great material is
Some missions you have to get physically near them to trigger, I know I didn't even trigger the Hippocrates questline until I was looking for it for the platinum after I did all the endings.