• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2018
Only need to upgrade the ship for the Platin but this will be a drag, I'm constantly running out of wood yet I still have to upgrade 4x which is ~ 7000 wood.
I was tempted to buy a booster but even the best pack only gives 3k wood ._.
Loot war supplies before you burn them, and cleave a lot of ships in two.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the 2nd DLC minutes ago.

I gotta say .. I really admire Ubisoft's content road map. The new story plus side missions are a good couple of hours and obviously you'll be leveling up by other radiant things like conflicts etc all the while, although XP accumulation is just as incredibly slow as before without any kind of boosters.

I like the story of the DLC so far and am eagerly awaiting the third (and final ?) DLC chapter.Odyssey is by far the best AC game over the last many years and I'm glad Ubisoft are putting more into this game instead of immediately severing all bridges and jumping into development of the next one.

That baby has a very creepy laugh and animation.

elenarie

Developer at DICE
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
After 115 hours, finished the base game with all quests and locations.
I have been on an Assassin's Creed franchise playthrough since September. Feels a bit empty now. Welp. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Only need to upgrade the ship for the Platin but this will be a drag, I'm constantly running out of wood yet I still have to upgrade 4x which is ~ 7000 wood.
I was tempted to buy a booster but even the best pack only gives 3k wood ._.
Have you been upping your mercenary rank? Has you move up you get perks, and one of them is that it cuts upgrade prices.

Oct 27, 2017
After 115 hours, finished the base game with all quests and locations.
I have been on an Assassin's Creed franchise playthrough since September. Feels a bit empty now. Welp. :(

There's still 1 more episode of the DLC left. A fitting epilogue to your odyssey hopefully.

edit: I forgot, there's supposed to be a 3 piece Atlantis story arc as well.

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Well, never played an Assassin's Creed in my (sooo long ;) gamer's life and still I fancy Ancient Greece and heard good things re: how AC had become a good WRPG took the plunge during XMas sale...

... 65h later, in barely 40 days, hit level 50 just reaching episode 7 of the story.

This game is so funny:
- Forts invasions going south with reinforcements and Mercenaries wreaking havoc
- Side-missions going from "glorified copy-paste" to plain "WOW !, side quest ?"
the Kyea sidequest is really involved and quite the nice story, ended bittersweet for me with Kyra sobbing through our parting ways, could see Kassandra coming back to her once her adventures are over, other "romances" are quite shallow - though I guess it can be broken if one goes straight after the Leader
- Abilities make fighting quite interesting with increased tiers offering new possibilities (boucing rush assassination between Elite can be fun)
- great gameplay loop with new abilities, new gear, new upgrades for the ship (ship fights only become balanced when once one has significantly upgraded the ship, at leaston Hard)...
- ... which lasts until late into the game (now re-tuning my build with mastery levels, pumping up the Crit % on full health)
- conquests offer different gameplay though not very deep, nice "side-activity" (though some Greek Gwent would be best)
-
Mythical creatures are really challenging and somewhat frightening, was clanching my pad quite hard as I progressed through the maze to face the Minotaur, who I somehow beat on my first try... speaking of such creatures, the Cyclops was much harder - at least for a assassin/warrior - and I had to go down to Normal to beat him. Of note that while on hard I almost got him a few times, he had much less health on Normal, better, and much less challenging fighting moves, bad... wished opponents were less spongy in hard, with same challenge as far as fighting style is concerned
- Nice to meet historical figures such as Perikles, Eurypides, Sokrates...

With a family of four, busy work, 65h in 40 days, never thought I would get so much into an AC game (is this an AC game ?), kudos to Ubisoft for the gorgeous and engrossing game!

Not there yet, stay tuned...

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Did my game bug out? I have a mission to collect 3 seals from Spartan Polemarchs and do some sabotage in their camps... so I do that for a while, and I swear I had 3 seals, but I also levelled up. Unfortunately I spent my upgrade point on the wrong ability. Instead of spending money to respec I figured it'd be just as easy to reload the game to a save from a minute ago (when I levelled). Anyway, I do that and begin heading back to turn in the quest, but I realize I don't have 3 seals. Huh? Well it's possible I was mistaken and only collected two (though I'm 90% there were three separate seals in my inventory) but the real issue is that the quest progress is telling me I only have ONE seal, when there are clearly TWO in my inventory. So, what the hell? lol my last save before taking this mission is HOURS old... do I have to revert back to fix this? Or am I just dumb? I hope it's the latter.

Oct 27, 2017
Monthly update is set for tomorrow according to Assassin's Creed twitter (no statement, just answering the 234 people asking). We sold have more informations about the next episode.

Can't wait to see again my husband-who-I-don't-even-remember-the-name. Hope he is ok with open relationships 'cause I definitely romanced the two bothers

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't understand photo of the day... these shots usually look heavily edited, like someone touched them up in photoshop. The other day I saw a shot that looked painted with strokes... far as I can tell that's impossible with photo mode tools. So what the heck?

Monthly update is set for tomorrow according to Assassin's Creed twitter (no statement, just answering the 234 people asking). We sold have more informations about the next episode.

Can't wait to see again my husband-who-I-don't-even-remember-the-name. Hope he is ok with open relationships 'cause I definitely romanced the two bothers
Both of them?! But they're such N E R D S. Did Coward-bro or PTSD-bro get sloppy seconds? XD

I'm loving these add-on missions, though. And there seem to be a bunch more on the way as the trophy list still has a bunch of blank trophies.

Oct 25, 2017
If I sync with all the viewpoints and no gold exclamation marks appear on the map, does that mean there's no side-quests in a particular region, that I haven't found them yet?

Think I'm gonna skip all the outposts and animal dens and focus on the actual quests, because that's where the great material is

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the main game after a couple weeks of plugging away at it. I'm gonna miss playing as Kassandra.

I wish they would've just made her the main character for the modern stuff moving forward. Oh well.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so seems there's an Alpha Bear in one of the Chios island caves that is...immortal if you tame him? It's hilarious lmao. He has taken an entire Artemis village by himself with instant health regen on every hit rofl

Oct 28, 2017
I just "unlocked" the cultist stuff in the main story - holy shit! This game just keeps getting better and better! I love it!
I’m maybe 2 hours ahead of you in terms of the game. I also can’t believe it. Like every new mission I do it unlocks a new branch of something. And then there is the DLC......

And then I zoom out on the map and get overwhelmed. It’s going to be a long time with this one.

Jan 27, 2019
Did my game bug out? I have a mission to collect 3 seals from Spartan Polemarchs and do some sabotage in their camps... so I do that for a while, and I swear I had 3 seals, but I also levelled up. Unfortunately I spent my upgrade point on the wrong ability. Instead of spending money to respec I figured it'd be just as easy to reload the game to a save from a minute ago (when I levelled). Anyway, I do that and begin heading back to turn in the quest, but I realize I don't have 3 seals. Huh? Well it's possible I was mistaken and only collected two (though I'm 90% there were three separate seals in my inventory) but the real issue is that the quest progress is telling me I only have ONE seal, when there are clearly TWO in my inventory. So, what the hell? lol my last save before taking this mission is HOURS old... do I have to revert back to fix this? Or am I just dumb? I hope it's the latter.
It might be the mission where you have to get 3 specific polemarchs, not any 3 polemarchs. I'd recommend checking that out again.

If I sync with all the viewpoints and no gold exclamation marks appear on the map, does that mean there's no side-quests in a particular region, that I haven't found them yet?

Think I'm gonna skip all the outposts and animal dens and focus on the actual quests, because that's where the great material is
Some missions you have to get physically near them to trigger, I know I didn't even trigger the Hippocrates questline until I was looking for it for the platinum after I did all the endings.

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Nope, both headshots and assassinations can crit, and, confusingly, critical assassinations aren’t affected by critical damage modifiers.
Yeah i've been reading online a bit and it's really damn confusing. Quite annoyed to be completely honest. Apparently headshots are suddenly their own thing, and most crit mods like "% when full health" don't even apply. I spent a bunch of time and resources last night on an archer build that I couldn't understand why it was so fucking bad... only to realize it was a complete waste of my night (and days of hoarding hunter gear) and they apparently strealth nerfed archers and now crit stats don't make any fucking sense unless you get a PhD in Odyssey wiki. I probably could've fully upgraded my ship with the money and resources I spent upgrading and engraving all my old hunter gear to get it up to level.

Quite annoyed. Huge waste.

Oct 25, 2017
Omega
Got the platinum trophy, which wasn't too hard because I had already gotten a lot of the trophies by just naturally playing the game. So when the time came to get the remaining trophies it wasn't too bad.

I've been spending a lot of time with Odyssey and there's a few other games I want to play right now so I'll probably take a break to focus on other things. I'll probably come back when the third episode of the DLC releases to start the DLC. Overall, I really enjoyed my time with Odyssey and I'm excited to see what Ubisoft will do next for the series.

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Nope, both headshots and assassinations can crit, and, confusingly, critical assassinations aren’t affected by critical damage modifiers.
Critical assassinations sure can crit, don't despair!
Getting huge yellow numbers regularly when crit assassinating pesky mercs :)

On hard difficulty at least, it does a (somewhat random) difference.

Disclaimer: almost never uses the bow so can't comment on headshots...

Oct 26, 2017
London
Critical assassinations sure can crit, don't despair!
Getting huge yellow numbers regularly when crit assassinating pesky mercs :)

On hard difficulty at least, it does a (somewhat random) difference.

Disclaimer: almost never uses the bow so can't comment on headshots...
Oh I know they can crit, I’m just saying they’re not default crits, which I thought they were for a long time.

Nov 15, 2017
So, I tamed a wolf that was tied to a quest. The thing was roughly the size of a horse. The only problem is that friendly fire damaged it... So the first time I used an overpower attack I killed my wolf...

Oct 27, 2017
Bought this game a couple of weeks ago and I am loving it. Barely touched the main mission. How are you guys playing? Are you doing the main missions or are you doing the side missions?

I have OCD so I always do the side missions and explore first. Problem I am running into is I am exploring all the question marks and I am running into enemies that are killing me in on hit.

Does the main story take you to all the places on the map? Meaning am I wasting my time exploring and pushing ahead when I am just going to go to all these places on the map at some point anyway?

Oct 25, 2017
México
Bought this game a couple of weeks ago and I am loving it. Barely touched the main mission. How are you guys playing? Are you doing the main missions or are you doing the side missions?

I have OCD so I always do the side missions and explore first. Problem I am running into is I am exploring all the question marks and I am running into enemies that are killing me in on hit.

Does the main story take you to all the places on the map? Meaning am I wasting my time exploring and pushing ahead when I am just going to go to all these places on the map at some point anyway?
The main story will get you to every region in the map (except 3 which get pushed by the DLC). Each region has min recommended levels
Are assassinations and headshots 100% chance to crit? I was assuming yes and building all my gear around that, but now I'm wondering...
Headshots used to be, but they got nerfed because Ubisoft doesn't want you to have fun. Now you have to hit people in the head with arrows a bunch of times before they go down, even as someone speccing Hunter.

Odyssey is badly designed.

Oct 25, 2017
Personal suggestion: Switch to Easy mode and you'll enjoy the game a lot more. That's because enemy levels will scale with you as you progress through the game.

While the challenge of taking down enemies at the start is fun at first, it gets annoying later on when even at level 40 (40 hours later) you still need 2 or 3 Predator shots to the head to take down a guard.

Oct 27, 2017
Personal suggestion: Switch to Easy mode and you'll enjoy the game a lot more. That's because enemy levels will scale with you as you progress through the game.

While the challenge of taking down enemies at the start is fun at first, it gets annoying later on when even at level 40 (40 hours later) you still need 2 or 3 Predator shots to the head to take down a guard.
I was having a tough go at the start and considered dumping the level to easy but I am doing okay now. I know there is sub option that has to do with the levels of the people you're fighting. Mine is default meaning the enemies level up with you. I know there was one option that lets you get two levels above your enemies. I may switch to that option as the story progresses.

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
The main story will get you to every region in the map (except 3 which get pushed by the DLC). Each region has min recommended levels

Headshots used to be, but they got nerfed because Ubisoft doesn't want you to have fun. Now you have to hit people in the head with arrows a bunch of times before they go down, even as someone speccing Hunter.

Odyssey is badly designed.
Yeah yesterday I sold all my hunter gear and will never touch that build again. Even after rebuilding so that my gear was headshots and vanilla crits, I still couldn't headshot gold enemies 3 levels below me. Fuck that. They nerfed hunter into nonexistence. It's crazy how OP warrior and assassin are, but nope cannot have hunters one shotting enemies, might break the game. :rollseyes

Oct 26, 2017
So a Hunter build isn't a good idea? I just got the game yesterday and made it past the first introduction area (so, about 4-5 hours in) and I was focusing on going Hunter. I thought it was odd how I couldn't 1 shot kill an enemy with an arrow on my upgraded + engraved bow. Is it possible to respec?

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So a Hunter build isn't a good idea? I just got the game yesterday and made it past the first introduction area (so, about 4-5 hours in) and I was focusing on going Hunter. I thought it was odd how I couldn't 1 shot kill an enemy with an arrow on my upgraded + engraved bow. Is it possible to respec?
There are some fun aspects of hunter and they can be powerful, but not in the traditional way you'd expect. You can even be stealthy without the OHK headshot potential on strong enemies, but it's pretty tedious. It just really fucking annoyed me to spend so much time min-maxing (I thought) a build that wasn't viable in the way I was intending. Fortunately respec is very easy. Assassin and Warrior are both super OP if you specialize.

Oct 26, 2017
London
Can’t say I’ve had much problem being OP with a hunter build. Not much survives a devastating shot to the head, and multi shot wipes out basic enemies.

Do you have the damage bonus when above enemies engraving? It makes a huge difference, and it’s a fun tactical consideration too.

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Oh I know they can crit, I’m just saying they’re not default crits, which I thought they were for a long time.
Oh, can be confusing as headshots used to automatically Crit (never used much the Hunter abilities so didn't notice the nerf).

As for Critical assassination, it does "Crit" a set amount of % depending on Ability tier and can "double Crit" based on one's modifiers on "usual" Crits, and, no, this is not confusion-inducing at all (^_^).

Unrelated but just ran into it yesterday on a short session,
So, after "Attlantis"-related Cyclop which kicked my ass so hard I went down to Normal difficulty just for him...
Got the water Cyclop without too much hustle and just doing a random bounty for a "fire related" mercenary...
Turns out it was another Cyclop, lava-based this time, had to respec engravings from Fire to Poison and died a couple of times but got him
With high end-game Crit chance/damage at Full Health modifiers, Hero Strike can get very potent and helps a lot in those fights, guess I could have beaten the first Cyclop on Hard with this build
Game is more "tactical" than one might think