• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
this game is MUCH better than i thought it is...it is more BioWare than BioWare these days. level 19 now and the stories found in the quests are really good written, i am really surprised by this game. also, it has the most fitting name for a game in the last months, it seems that the whole thing is really an Odyssey.

erlim

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Just stopping by to say I absolutely love this game, about 60 hours in. Ubi did a great job making the Far Cry and Assassins Creed formula really fun for these last entries for a dude that’s never liked either the series.

As somebody mentioned here, it is a joy to control.

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
It has been a while since I last played, but we are currently discussing ancient Greece in college and I am getting that itch again. So cool to look at a picture of a Mycean tomb in class and instantly recognize it as one of the tombs in Odyssey.

And delving into endgame spoilers here:

We talked about the end of Minoan civilization and how natural disasters could have played a role. To be specific: the eruption of a volcano at Santorini, i.e. Thera. Our teacher specifically noted how people have sought for Atlantis for ages and how it might have been right underneath our noses all this time.

Really had to suppress that urge to say I already knew because I have explored the place.

Oct 30, 2017
Friends, please talk me out of buying Odyssey (Gold Edition) on this amazing XBL sale.

I already played it on my PS4 Pro--sinking nearly 100 hours into it and loving it--but I don't need it...right? My brain is totally going "omg it's only $33 for the base game, the season pass AND you'll get access to the AC3 remake." I mean, this is a total waste of money and time isnt it? Riiiight?

Also, how often do Ubisoft do these 70% off sales? I feel like they just had one a few months ago correct?

Oct 28, 2017
I m
Friends, please talk me out of buying Odyssey (Gold Edition) on this amazing XBL sale.

I already played it on my PS4 Pro--sinking nearly 100 hours into it and loving it--but I don't need it...right? My brain is totally going "omg it's only $33 for the base game, the season pass AND you'll get access to the AC3 remake." I mean, this is a total waste of money and time isnt it? Riiiight?

Also, how often do Ubisoft do these 70% off sales? I feel like they just had one a few months ago correct?
I mean if you're looking to get AC3 anyway you might as well just go for it.

But yeah Ubisoft have regular enough sales.

Oct 28, 2017
Is the Lost Blade DLC set post game?

Apparently each chapter is like 4-6 hours? That’s a decent chunk of content. Basically a 12-18 hour expansion...

Oct 28, 2017

Apparently each chapter is like 4-6 hours? That’s a decent chunk of content. Basically a 12-18 hour expansion...
I've only played the first 2, both were set during the family storyline, and each took 3 hours to do the missions and the Cultist branch they add.

wow, this game is quite an Odyssey...for once a game has a fitting title, this shit is gonna last me over 100 hours easily, isn´t it?
My current save is at 141 hours and I haven't touched the new episode that dropped today, yet.

The DLC kinda fits in anywhere you care to do it. It doesn't reference the main story as far as I recall. And yeah, the individual episodes are longer than I expected. Can't wait for the next expansion.

Oct 25, 2017
México
The first thing is good. The second is not. The second means that even if you optimise your Orichalcum gain to the max (do the weekly contract, the weekly epic mercenary/ship and do the mind numbingly boring daily quests while in S4 mercenary tier) there is more to spend Orichalcum on than there is available weekly as long as both items aren't Armours or Epic rarity levels.

It means, even if you're playing the game the most optimal way possible, you will reach a point where you have no Ori left and will miss out on items where there is no guarantee they will return to the store.

But don't worry guys! You can still buy these pieces of equipment with unique perks with real money~

elenarie

Developer at DICE
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Has anyone found the bottom right Episode 3 cultist? I have been circling around in the location that is mentioned for a while, but haven't seen them yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
One thing that i find a little bit bothering is that the camera is too far away from the character in Odyssey. they should have provided a zoom setting on console, often i think the character it is a bit too small when fighting or running around

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Christ, this game is massive seeing my progress after 10 hours. I've barely scratched the surface (currently after Act 2).

I can easily see myself to spend hundred of hours with this game.

Oct 25, 2017
after complaining, this is more Origin. Hearing Alex from GB that there's a lot fluff, but also hearing the crazy Atlantis arc (which sold me to the game).

Finally finished the game with a good ending too. (I didn't realized there was a bad ending after killing both Cultist).

EDIT: Play RE2 first then Odyssey DLC

Arcade55

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot the 3rd part of the HIdden Blade came out yesterday so I look forward to getting into it!

Never in my life have I came back to a game as many times as Odyssey. I guess 108 hours of played time just isn't enough!

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
The Atlantis one yeah, also split into 3 parts.
Ugh, for reals? I thought that was gonna be in one big chunk, especially since, unlike Hidden Blade, it has a new map/area.

Gonna play the final part of HB this weekend, hopefully it doesn't shit the bed, but I'm afraid it will - a fairly weak/redundant DLC.

I got spoiled by the last DLC for Origins which was GOAT, and easily the best AC DLC, probably better than the main game.

Oct 26, 2017
oh is the final DLC (of the first part lol) out now? Time to finally play it then, and fundle around relearning how to play, havent touched it in months :p

Oct 25, 2017
It was alright. I'm glad I got to kill a whole lot of people but my rage over having been forced into a baby angle hasn't been entirely quelled. I'm glad that doofus of a father bought it, though.
Yea, Darius was alright but his son was kinda shit lol the Amunet/Aya reveal was kinda cool. It links everything together in a dumb way.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what they do with the Atlantis DLC. I hate that it's going to spread out like these first 3 we're though.

Yea, Darius was alright but his son was kinda shit lol the Amunet/Aya reveal was kinda cool. It links everything together in a dumb way.

Regardless, I'm excited to see what they do with the Atlantis DLC. I hate that it's going to spread out like these first 3 we're though.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Atlantis DLC. There's a lot of potential there and it's a shame they didn't push into it a bit more during the main game.

Oct 28, 2017
Finally powering through the game, and the side quest design is so damn impressive. Just did a whole quest line across two islands (the Spartan rebels vs the Athenians), it's own stand alone story, has a tangential connection the main story and to the cult, and even the at first seemingly disconnected side quests also located on the island end up coming together at the end, all the while the whole quest line is bookended by your friend on your ship. And all of this is missable, yet is all 100% of the same quality as the main quest line.

I know I'm late, but the way this game is weaving Main quests, optional quests, locations and characters all together is ridiculous. Shit after that I did another side quest which
literally leads to a whole other main quest related to Atlantis, your real father and ties to the current day storyline
and seems it could be entirely missable to someone? Insane.

Oct 26, 2017
oh you actually have to "buy" each episode of Legacy even tho I have the season pass "installed"? That is...awkward.

ok so I havent touched this since finishing it at launch where I did pretty much everything clocking in at around 113 hours. So here's some little tidbits and questions:

- I thought I read they were giving you the surplus xp you had gotten after 50 when they introduced that new mastery system? Well, I have no extra points (and I got to 50 LONG before wrapping up the game, obviously since I was doing every single thing on the map) so welp! It's no biggie, just curious.

- It's always so weird to go back to games after you havent played them in ages, I noticed there were two new (well new for me) bounties for ogres so I went ahead and did those to get used to the controls again.

- speaking of, even with my assassin build / gear, I still beat them fine with arrows and melee. Speaking of build, I went ahead and respecced my assassin build (where I was getting a bunch of talents I didnt need/want just to use the points) to use in the new mastery.

- I went ahead and started to do this new secrets of greece quest before starting legacy of the first blade, thats the free shit right? hopefully its ok.

- where is this new hephaestos forge the game had a pop up about? I think it said somewhere in Malis but I dont see anything on the map.

- why did they "steal" my ship upgrades? I had everything maxed and now, well... I dont.

- new transmog system is godlike.

- I missed Kassandra.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Can anyone speak to the state of the stat boosts in Mastery? I've just picked the game up again after taking a break and I remember when I stopped playing it was a bit broken, stuff like the 40% boost if you're above enemies didn't work at all.

What's worth sinking points into if for a good bow/assassination build and what's pointless?

oh you actually have to "buy" each episode of Legacy even tho I have the season pass "installed"? That is...awkward.
Most episodic DLC is like this. Walking Dead Final Season eventually transitioned to having to do it in-game, though. But most still use the former method.

- I went ahead and started to do this new secrets of greece quest before starting legacy of the first blade, thats the free shit right? hopefully its ok.
Yes, those are the free quests. They range in quality, but some of them are solid. They're all questlines, though, and not single quests. Gotta make you earn those trophies.

- where is this new hephaestos forge the game had a pop up about? I think it said somewhere in Malis but I dont see anything on the map.
It's in a place called Myson Cave, which is on the very Northern continent (in Malis, specifically) on the map. Look around the region called Pandora's Cove. The cave you're looking for is just North of the Ruins of Artemis fast-travel point.

why did they "steal" my ship upgrades? I had everything maxed and now, well... I dont.
They didn't steal them. They added more. The final tier of upgrades is super expensive though. And the reason they added more was to compensate for the now stronger enemies you'll face at higher levels.

Last edited: