• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Just started, loving the game so far, one question tho in regards to loot. Should I sell every unwanted loot I got or dismantle it for materials?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dozens. Ha. I'm currently sitting at 141 hours. Though at this point I only go back when new quests or DLC content is added.
Hey, that's dozens, just lots of dozens ;) I have a feeling I will be the same. I am the "explore and do all the things" kind of person, and it looks like this game has... lots to do.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
This is easily the largest game I've ever played. Every time I think I'm getting close to the end, the game opens up more. And now I just found freaking
Atlantis
?!

I've mostly stopped trying to go to every question mark on the map because usually right after I clear out a fort, some story mission has me go back there to rescue someone.

I like that I can upgrade my weapons. And I now have the full Agememnon set. But I keep on running out of materials to upgrade them. :( Forget about upgrading the ship.

I've never really had a leveling issue with the game, but the materials economy seems to be out of whack.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and just got the Ultimate Edition on Steam since I was prepared to pay normal price for the base game anyway. Can't wait to start tonight!

Anyone here used a Steam Controller with this game?

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I didn't find the additional damage from fire or poison really impressive, it's mostly chip damage, handy if you fighting a group of enemies were few have health bars with only a sliver remaining. Poison has at least the added benefit of lowering enemy attack power. In the end I ended up with using poison engravings on my melee weapons. You can than use craftable fire arrows (hunter ability) to use on burning down war supplies, or use a bow that turns normal arrows into fire arrows.
I disagree about the fire. I've created a fire build with Agamemnon's armor and a ton of fire perks and once you nail someone with a fire arrow, they will burn to death quickly. It lasts for 23 seconds for me right now. It's pretty awesome. :)

It also works well with a fire sword. Especially against mercenaries.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm thinking fire is much better than poison. Just need the helmet of Agamemnon and I get the extra fire perk.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this game is awesome. Just getting into it on the first island and I LOVE that you have the freedom to wander into threats you aren't ready for. Also, Kassandra's VA is perfect.

Think I'm gonna go mostly Warrior. This game demands swagger.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Here's me with that armor burning a guy down.

I think it might me more down to my playstyle then. Playing warrior-stealth, where I play sloppy stealth and then just go ham when I'm spotted, most of my damage comes from melee. And in relation to melee, both the fire and poison additional damage is puny. Yes, DoT can melt 2/3 of a health bar, but enemies usually don't tend to last that long.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Bought the game for cheap not expecting much but to my surprise i like it much more than Origins and i am normally not too hot on Greek mythology.

level 15 now, perfect game to chill with,do a few quests here and there getting nice drops. i like the characters and little stories in the game, really well done so far.

The inventory screen is really well done too, hell, Assassins Creed does loot better than the looter shooters which is sure something....

How is the DLC(first blade something)? is the story engaging? and i´ve read there is an Atlantis DLC coming, i am a sucker for Atlantis, gonna have to buy the season pass anyways i guess...

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I love how every island has a self contained story that weaves into one of the main stories. Really well done.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Playing warrior-stealth, where I play sloppy stealth and then just go ham when I'm spotted, most of my damage comes from melee.
It's how I played, too, and it worked fine for me (played on Hard). I did use poison and fire all the time too, I found it helpful. Poison isn't just DoT, it weakens the enemies too.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
How important are choices in this game? Without spoiling the story, does this game have a bitter, bittersweet, and happy ending?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So as I continue playing, I have realized that this is the best Elder Scrolls game ever.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
this game is MUCH better than i thought it is...it is more BioWare than BioWare these days. level 19 now and the stories found in the quests are really good written, i am really surprised by this game. also, it has the most fitting name for a game in the last months, it seems that the whole thing is really an Odyssey.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Just stopping by to say I absolutely love this game, about 60 hours in. Ubi did a great job making the Far Cry and Assassins Creed formula really fun for these last entries for a dude that's never liked either the series.

As somebody mentioned here, it is a joy to control.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It has been a while since I last played, but we are currently discussing ancient Greece in college and I am getting that itch again. So cool to look at a picture of a Mycean tomb in class and instantly recognize it as one of the tombs in Odyssey.

And delving into endgame spoilers here:

We talked about the end of Minoan civilization and how natural disasters could have played a role. To be specific: the eruption of a volcano at Santorini, i.e. Thera. Our teacher specifically noted how people have sought for Atlantis for ages and how it might have been right underneath our noses all this time.

Really had to suppress that urge to say I already knew because I have explored the place.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the new ability and engraving in the upcoming DLC seems to really fit my playstyle...

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Friends, please talk me out of buying Odyssey (Gold Edition) on this amazing XBL sale.

I already played it on my PS4 Pro--sinking nearly 100 hours into it and loving it--but I don't need it...right? My brain is totally going "omg it's only $33 for the base game, the season pass AND you'll get access to the AC3 remake." I mean, this is a total waste of money and time isnt it? Riiiight?

Also, how often do Ubisoft do these 70% off sales? I feel like they just had one a few months ago correct?

Oct 28, 2017
I m
Friends, please talk me out of buying Odyssey (Gold Edition) on this amazing XBL sale.

I already played it on my PS4 Pro--sinking nearly 100 hours into it and loving it--but I don't need it...right? My brain is totally going "omg it's only $33 for the base game, the season pass AND you'll get access to the AC3 remake." I mean, this is a total waste of money and time isnt it? Riiiight?

Also, how often do Ubisoft do these 70% off sales? I feel like they just had one a few months ago correct?
I mean if you're looking to get AC3 anyway you might as well just go for it.

But yeah Ubisoft have regular enough sales.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Is the Lost Blade DLC set post game?

Apparently each chapter is like 4-6 hours? That's a decent chunk of content. Basically a 12-18 hour expansion...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
wow, this game is quite an Odyssey...for once a game has a fitting title, this shit is gonna last me over 100 hours easily, isn´t it?
My current save is at 141 hours and I haven't touched the new episode that dropped today, yet.
Is the Lost Blade DLC set post game?

Apparently each chapter is like 4-6 hours? That's a decent chunk of content. Basically a 12-18 hour expansion...

The DLC kinda fits in anywhere you care to do it. It doesn't reference the main story as far as I recall. And yeah, the individual episodes are longer than I expected. Can't wait for the next expansion.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

The first thing is good. The second is not. The second means that even if you optimise your Orichalcum gain to the max (do the weekly contract, the weekly epic mercenary/ship and do the mind numbingly boring daily quests while in S4 mercenary tier) there is more to spend Orichalcum on than there is available weekly as long as both items aren't Armours or Epic rarity levels.

It means, even if you're playing the game the most optimal way possible, you will reach a point where you have no Ori left and will miss out on items where there is no guarantee they will return to the store.

But don't worry guys! You can still buy these pieces of equipment with unique perks with real money~

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Has anyone found the bottom right Episode 3 cultist? I have been circling around in the location that is mentioned for a while, but haven't seen them yet.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone found the bottom right Episode 3 cultist? I have been circling around in the location that is mentioned for a while, but haven't seen them yet.

There are bodies here in the water.
map4lkdj.png

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
One thing that i find a little bit bothering is that the camera is too far away from the character in Odyssey. they should have provided a zoom setting on console, often i think the character it is a bit too small when fighting or running around

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Christ, this game is massive seeing my progress after 10 hours. I've barely scratched the surface (currently after Act 2).

I can easily see myself to spend hundred of hours with this game.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
after complaining, this is more Origin. Hearing Alex from GB that there's a lot fluff, but also hearing the crazy Atlantis arc (which sold me to the game).

Finally finished the game with a good ending too. (I didn't realized there was a bad ending after killing both Cultist).

EDIT: Play RE2 first then Odyssey DLC

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot the 3rd part of the HIdden Blade came out yesterday so I look forward to getting into it!

Never in my life have I came back to a game as many times as Odyssey. I guess 108 hours of played time just isn't enough!

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
The Atlantis one yeah, also split into 3 parts.
Ugh, for reals? I thought that was gonna be in one big chunk, especially since, unlike Hidden Blade, it has a new map/area.

Gonna play the final part of HB this weekend, hopefully it doesn't shit the bed, but I'm afraid it will - a fairly weak/redundant DLC.

I got spoiled by the last DLC for Origins which was GOAT, and easily the best AC DLC, probably better than the main game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh is the final DLC (of the first part lol) out now? Time to finally play it then, and fundle around relearning how to play, havent touched it in months :p

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone happen to know where to find the
Golden Harbinger? I'm assuming it's a bow.