• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
It was added in a patch. You could find it before but it was just a regular blacksmith that was inside a cave for some reason.
Quite frankly the upgrades he's offering have made me ludicrously over powered. 2 50% armor increase and 2 max sword damage upgrades (Forgot what their value is)and the god tier armor set which makes all abilities do 30% mode damage have pretty much made Kassandra the ultimate killing machine. At level 63, I'm taking out level 75 mercenaries within a minute.

Oct 27, 2017
Did the game seriously just spoil a plot twist for me in a loading screen..

"Deimos is your long lost brother"

WTF? Haven't even heard of or met that character yet.
Damn .. that's pretty shitty of the game.

So did any patches go up for the Atlantis DLC this week yet?
Do you mean patch to add comparability or is there something broken with the DLC ? I haven't started it yet (PS4). Should I wait ?

If you meant compatibility patches, then yeah the DLC starting point is visible to me on the map.

Do you mean patch to add comparability or is there something broken with the DLC ? I haven't started it yet (PS4). Should I wait ?

If you meant compatibility patches, then yeah the DLC starting point is visible to me on the map.
There's usually a patch the week a new DLC comes out. There shouldn't be a DLC starting point on the map yet, though. Unless you mean Heir of Memories, which is a free quest that acts as a prequel to the DLC.

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
Brought the base game, I was cold to the franchise, but I am loving this entry. I am glad the animus bullshit in the beginning has been cut down

Oct 27, 2017
anyone know when it will be available on the US store ? and why this is happen every time ... all other store than the us store .
It doesn't look like the DLC will be available until the store updates at this point. The store is usually updated for me around 2pm est. It might be earlier I just always see it updated by then.

Oct 27, 2017
Is playing in Nightmare + Exploration a little too much?
If you are coming in new to the Origins/Odyssey system of Assassins Creed it will definitely be a challenge. Hell it will probably be a challenge even if you are used to the formula.

Exploration is the best way to play but I didn't much care for Nightmare as the enemies became damage sponges.

Oct 31, 2017
If you are coming in new to the Origins/Odyssey system of Assassins Creed it will definitely be a challenge. Hell it will probably be a challenge even if you are used to the formula.

Exploration is the best way to play but I didn't much care for Nightmare as the enemies became damage sponges.
Yeah, I played Origins and I'm looking for more challenge in Odyssey. But if Nightmare is more about damage sponge enemies I'll probably drop to Hard.

And nice to see they added more Hud option to Odyssey. I just couldn't get used to any Hud preset in Origins.

Origins and Odyssey are so good.

Changing up the formula was the best thing to happen to the series.
I didn't hate the older games for the most part, but the annual entries were killing it. Black Flag was the last of the older games I had played. Completely skipped Unity and Syndicate. But I'm a huge fan of Egyptian mythology so I had to give Origins a shot, and the changed they made had fixed pretty much all of my issues with the franchise.

Jan 29, 2018
Supposedly I haven't de-fogged the whole map yet because that's the only thing keeping me from the Platinum. I just got the season pass so I'm hoping it happens naturally while playing the expansions.

Just had a baby and not-husband got killed. They should've had more setup for Kassandra giving a shit about descendants because I don't even see what's so great about Natakas.

Supposedly I haven't de-fogged the whole map yet because that's the only thing keeping me from the Platinum. I just got the season pass so I'm hoping it happens naturally while playing the expansions.
I don't think it will happen naturally. And this was the trophy that gave me the most trouble in getting the platinum. Basically, you have to zoom all the way in and look at the borders between regions. THOSE are the areas you need to set foot in. All of them. The final ones I needed were actually around Lakonia. There are a lot of smaller ones in that area that are difficult to see unless you really zoom in.

Oct 28, 2017
Just started with the Atlantis DLC and my god, such a refreshing change after the letdown of the first DLC. The new enemy types force you to change your playstyle that I had for most of the game, the new area is beautifully designed and has some iconic locations (no spoilers), and it just feels like they put a lot of work into coming up with a fresh take on the existing game. Cutscenes are well made, the dialogues are much better compared to the first DLC and overall (after ¬ 2 hours) I am more than happy that I booted up the game again after a while.

Oct 28, 2017

Just had a baby and not-husband got killed. They should've had more setup for Kassandra giving a shit about descendants because I don't even see what's so great about Natakas.
I'll also say it won't be a natural thing, you need to really check the map and make sure you stand on every possible landmass you can to be sure that it's counted. If you search for a guide they usually have the most common areas people are missing (most are on the far right side of the map with all the smaller islands). The trophies not that hard to get but you need to be meticulous about it.

Jan 29, 2018
I don't think it will happen naturally. And this was the trophy that gave me the most trouble in getting the platinum. Basically, you have to zoom all the way in and look at the borders between regions. THOSE are the areas you need to set foot in. All of them. The final ones I needed were actually around Lakonia. There are a lot of smaller ones in that area that are difficult to see unless you really zoom in.
I'll also say it won't be a natural thing, you need to really check the map and make sure you stand on every possible landmass you can to be sure that it's counted. If you search for a guide they usually have the most common areas people are missing (most are on the far right side of the map with all the smaller islands). The trophies not that hard to get but you need to be meticulous about it.
Damn, okay. I know I stood on one particular tiny island that was mentioned as one a lot of people miss, but I'll have to guess at a few others. Even with I guide I'd still be guessing at which ones I might've missed... blah.

Damn, okay. I know I stood on one particular tiny island that was mentioned as one a lot of people miss, but I'll have to guess at a few others. Even with I guide I'd still be guessing at which ones I might've missed... blah.
The game actually makes it fairly clear which regions you still need to visit. If you haven't been to an area, the map texture will still be pretty bland and unrefined.

Just started with the Atlantis DLC and my god, such a refreshing change after the letdown of the first DLC. The new enemy types force you to change your playstyle that I had for most of the game, the new area is beautifully designed and has some iconic locations (no spoilers), and it just feels like they put a lot of work into coming up with a fresh take on the existing game. Cutscenes are well made, the dialogues are much better compared to the first DLC and overall (after ¬ 2 hours) I am more than happy that I booted up the game again after a while.
I've been playing around in it for about two hours now just running around hitting the question marks and stuff. It's nice having a big new area to explore. And man, these new enemies are a nice challenge.

Oct 27, 2017
So with the new expansion, are there consequences with siding with a specific person? I stopped with one of the near beginning quests -
Black Horse quest, who should I deliver the horse to or does it not really matter?

I haven't played part 3 of the 1st expansion yet, but part 2 was really really bad and left a poor impression and I'm not inclined to continue. I'm glad Atlantis is far far better so far.

Oct 26, 2017
Whew. Elysium is gorgeous! Kinda miffed at the lack of side-quests, but this DLC loves to hand out upgrade points, which is nice.

Fell through the map once. Luckily fast-travel works while underwater.

Oct 27, 2017
I must be missing something obvious but how the hell do I save my equipment load out? I have three save slots but I don’t have any idea how to save what i’m currently equipping.

Oct 27, 2017
I must be missing something obvious but how the hell do I save my equipment load out? I have three save slots but I don’t have any idea how to save what i’m currently equipping.
I won't lie I've never used the loadout option but I was under the impression you just select the loadout from the left side of the equipment screen and put your gear on like normal and it's always set to that loadout....

Am I wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Odyssey I will forever be dissapointed in any RPG that dosent let me choose the armor look that I want. It is hard going back to choosing between looking awesome or having the stats I need .

Oct 28, 2017
I won't lie I've never used the loadout option but I was under the impression you just select the loadout from the left side of the equipment screen and put your gear on like normal and it's always set to that loadout....

Am I wrong?
Exactly. Choose the loadout-slot on the left of the inventory screen and equip whatever you want. The annoying thing is that you cannot change the presets on the fly. Would be so handy to just switch mid-fight with a hotkey (at least on pc ;)

Oct 26, 2017
I just started the game and I'm already obliged to do side missions for my level to meet the main mission level.

Disappointed.
The game just doesn't work like that. Many "side" missions directly tie into the main missions by being necessary to unlock Legendary Beasts or Cultists. These side quests are also often presented in exactly the same way as the main quest, consisting of a lot of dialogue and storytelling. If you just want to concentrate on doing the "main" missions, you would end up at a huge roadblock at some point where two out of the three "main" mission plot lines would be unobtainable since they directly tie in with you exploring the world and finding clues by doing quests and, well, exploring the world.

In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, main missions and side missions are mostly the same. They get the same production values, the same interesting storylines and the same gameplay mechanics. And since exploring the world and finding the cultists by interacting with people asking for help is part of the main quest line, the distinction between those and the "side" content doesn't really make sense in that way here. The side quests aren't side quests to a large degree, they are just as much main quests as, well, the "main" quests.

Oct 31, 2017
The game just doesn't work like that. Many "side" missions directly tie into the main missions by being necessary to unlock Legendary Beasts or Cultists. These side quests are also often presented in exactly the same way as the main quest, consisting of a lot of dialogue and storytelling. If you just want to concentrate on doing the "main" missions, you would end up at a huge roadblock at some point where two out of the three "main" mission plot lines would be unobtainable since they directly tie in with you exploring the world and finding clues by doing quests and, well, exploring the world.

In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, main missions and side missions are mostly the same. They get the same production values, the same interesting storylines and the same gameplay mechanics. And since exploring the world and finding the cultists by interacting with people asking for help is part of the main quest line, the distinction between those and the "side" content doesn't really make sense in that way here. The side quests aren't side quests to a large degree, they are just as much main quests as, well, the "main" quests.
Well, that is relieving. I'll explore more before moving on.

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah. This is why I’ve never had any issues with the leveling in the game. I played for like 5 hours yesterday and went from level 41 to 46. No grinding. Just doing the story lines as I explore each island I disembark on, and without fail those storylines have led me to cultists as well as a mythical beast, and often bring back recurring characters I’ve already previously met. People looking to categorize the structure of the game as main + side missions are doing it a disservice.

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the ultimate edition for $48 on Xbox without knowing it came with AC3. Nice surprise - I never got into the old Assassins Creed but I’ll give that a shot at some point.

I see most people are playing as Kassandra, are there major story/quest differences playing as her?

Dec 4, 2018
I see most people are playing as Kassandra, are there major story/quest differences playing as her?
She's the more serious choice. Alexios is a goofball, it's like a game starring Disney's Hercules, but if you're into a more cheesy tone then it's the better choice. The game really feels different depending of who you choose.

Oct 27, 2017
No, they're the same (with the exception of one detail—the content doesn't change, but the context does).

They're both great. You can try them both out and pick the one you want to play as. (I think the global stats were something like 65/35 Alexios/Kassandra, so this forum isn't exactly a perfect representation of the overall playerbase.)

Just reached the “ending”. What an incredible game. I think this might be my favorite AC now

reunited the entire family <3
Wow. Really curious what the other endings are like if you don’t save all of them.

Kind of a weird ending since it felt so abrupt, but it was still pretty cool to see.

What do i do now?
obviously hunting uncovering the rest of the cult, but any protips on what cool stuff to pursue, get, or do????

Nov 8, 2017
Well, I finished ep1. What a jarring end to the episode, not a satisfying stopping point at all.
Decided to start my continuation of the main story. Hoping that the remaining episodes will be released by the time I get around to them. Was already worried about bad cliffhangers so best to keep going.

Oct 27, 2017
how long did it take you to finish Episode 1 ?
I might wait until all episodes released.
It took me around 8-10 hours, finishing absolutely everything. If you don't like cliffhangers I'd recommend waiting until at least the next one has been released, as this has quite a stark cliffhanger.