• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm already nearly 100% finished with Episode 1 myself.

Probably asking a lot, but I'd like to see mercenaries in wherever Episode 2 and/or 3 take place.

I'm usually running at bounty level 5, so I miss having mercs on my ass while running around Elysium.

Yeah I'm already nearly 100% finished with Episode 1 myself.

Probably asking a lot, but I'd like to see mercenaries in wherever Episode 2 and/or 3 take place.

I'm usually running at bounty level 5, so I miss having mercs on my ass while running around Elysium.
I just started the actual quests last night. I thought it would be funny to go around and 100% the new map before actually beginning the story. XD

I’m not digging the Atlantis dlc much. Maybe I’m just burning out, I dunno. The intro quest and cutscenes sort of through me off, I found the acting and story fairly silly. I don’t know who’s writing the modern day story line now but they sure don’t seem to have a clue where to go with it.

I’m not digging the Atlantis dlc much. Maybe I’m just burning out, I dunno. The intro quest and cutscenes sort of through me off, I found the acting and story fairly silly. I don’t know who’s writing the modern day story line now but they sure don’t seem to have a clue where to go with it.
I got the Platinum back around launch, so I've only been popping back in for new quests and DLC. Probably why I haven't gotten burnt out on the game yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Man this is one meaty DLC. I have sunk about 5 hours into it and I'm still working on the main quest. Although I have gone around and done all of the ? in the new area. It's a great looking area and I like the new enemies and objective types. I'm guessing I'll finish it up in another hour or two. I must say with 3 parts this DLC is looking like it could be almost 20 hours of content. Pretty impressive!

I have had some weird bugs like spots I can't climb out of the water, and some "help" screens are always showing up every time I restart the game, which is annoying but nothing game breaking.

Oct 28, 2017
Man this is one meaty DLC. I have sunk about 5 hours into it and I'm still working on the main quest. Although I have gone around and done all of the ? in the new area. It's a great looking area and I like the new enemies and objective types. I'm guessing I'll finish it up in another hour or two. I must say with 3 parts this DLC is looking like it could be almost 20 hours of content. Pretty impressive!

I have had some weird bugs like spots I can't climb out of the water, and some "help" screens are always showing up every time I restart the game, which is annoying but nothing game breaking.
I had the game crash 3 times using the wings of Hermes (or whatever they're called). That said I've enjoyed this dlc far more than the last one but boy does it end on a cliffhanger.

elenarie

Developer at DICE
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah I just finished the first Act and what a bullshit way to end it lol
Perfect way to end. :D

Okay, so in this episode we got Elysium. I feel since we fall down further into the underworld, in the next episode we will be in Tartarus. Not sure where episode 3 will take place though, perhaps in actual Atlantis before it got destroyed / sunk under the water.

Not 100% clear on what the point of this first DLC was, I feel that I have more questions than answers. We took part in this struggle for control of Elysium and one's wish to get out of it. But it didn't feel like that was leading anywhere or connect to anything else that was happening.

The Legacy of the first Blade at least had the nice connection with Persia and all that, but this one so far is a little bit vague and out there. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect way to end. :D

Okay, so in this episode we got Elysium. I feel since we fall down further into the underworld, in the next episode we will be in Tartarus. Not sure where episode 3 will take place though, perhaps in actual Atlantis before it got destroyed / sunk under the water.

Not 100% clear on what the point of this first DLC was, I feel that I have more questions than answers. We took part in this struggle for control of Elysium and one's wish to get out of it. But it didn't feel like that was leading anywhere or connect to anything else that was happening.

The Legacy of the first Blade at least had the nice connection with Persia and all that, but this one so far is a little bit vague and out there. :)
Yeah I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing all of this for as well. That said I sure did enjoy doing all of it! Also the new gear looks amazing when mixed with the Athena set from the real money store. I got a combination of both going and it looks great.

Yeah I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing all of this for as well. That said I sure did enjoy doing all of it! Also the new gear looks amazing when mixed with the Athena set from the real money store. I got a combination of both going and it looks great.
I just wore the Athena set the entire time. It fits in with the aesthetic of the DLC very well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through the Legacy of the First Blade and so far it is alright.

Normally I hate when games try to make the player feel bad about their actions, which is often killing faceless NPCs. It's forced drama especially when the game doesn't allow you to avoid the actions they're criticizing you for within the limits of the gameplay. Here you can reject the Huntsman calling Alexios a monster and proceed to murder the shit out of him and his crew with no remorse. Alexios is a war profiteer and I like that you can make him not give a shit at least in this first episode. I only wish there was an 'but the drachme was good' option when you're confronted by the people who were affected by his mercenary actions.

Oct 27, 2017
Has Beastmaster worked out well for anyone?

Kind of interested in it since my Kassandra is more barbarian than assassin at this point as she terrorizes the country side and a wild animal tagging along sounds fitting. Most of the opinions I can find on the perk says pets die too easily but they're also from around launch, any chance its been buffed since then?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They are really trying to make you give a shit about Neema and push you to settle down. Nah, game. I like murdering and fucking my way across Greece. Also, Alexios being lonely and lacking connections doesn't play well if you got the big happy family ending.

I know it's inevitable that Alexios and Neema are going to be a thing, but I wish they made her less boring. She's kinda there to be the sad daughter who wishes she had a more stable life while Darius is more interesting and does cool assassin shit.

Edit: I continued. Had a boy wanted a girl. Eh. It was really cute though how they repeated the intro cutscene in the dlc even though it screwed up my loadout.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Is there something wrong with my game, I'm fighting the Kallisto the Bear and it regens all its health and theres nothing I can do about it. I would be here all week trying to defeat this its impossible. The amount of bugs I've had with this games is mind boggling.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there something wrong with my game, I'm fighting the Kallisto the Bear and it regens all its health and theres nothing I can do about it. I would be here all week trying to defeat this its impossible. The amount of bugs I've had with this games is mind boggling.
The named animals have an "area" that you have to fight them in. If you try to kite them out of that area they will reset, including their health. It's not really a bug, more like a not well explained mechanic.

Some of the fights can be annoying because you won't know you are out of the combat area until the damn thing regens all of its health. I had this problem with the boar.

Also what other bugs have you experienced. I've played 123 hours since launch and I have only had a few minor bugs in my game and one "major" bug where I didn't recieve an item from a Merc that I was supposed to.

Oct 26, 2017
The named animals have an "area" that you have to fight them in. If you try to kite them out of that area they will reset, including their health. It's not really a bug, more like a not well explained mechanic.

Some of the fights can be annoying because you won't know you are out of the combat area until the damn thing regens all of its health. I had this problem with the boar.

Also what other bugs have you experienced. I've played 123 hours since launch and I have only had a few minor bugs in my game and one "major" bug where I didn't recieve an item from a Merc that I was supposed to.
Thanks for that. I thought it was some feature of the battle, it turns out the designated fighting area is way smaller than it appears.

The other bugs have been mostly freezes and stutters, where the whole games just slows down, and total crashes.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017

WTF, is that what was happening? The first time I fought the Lion it regenerated all of its health even though I wasn't even kiting it, I was meleeing it and it just regen'ed in my face like that while I was wailing on it. Was that because we were fighting "outside of the combat zone"??

Oct 27, 2017
WTF, is that what was happening? The first time I fought the Lion it regenerated all of its health even though I wasn't even kiting it, I was meleeing it and it just regen'ed in my face like that while I was wailing on it. Was that because we were fighting "outside of the combat zone"??
That's exactly what it is. If you had it right on the edge of the area (which as the previous poster said is WAY smaller than you think it is) it will regen every time it crosses the invisible line. When it happened to me during the Boar fight I had to google it and finally realized I had been fighting the boar right at the edge of the circle. I had it regen like 5 times on me before I gave up and googled it. You don't need to be kiting it, just moving a few feet could cause the reset.

I believe you can tell if you are out of bonds by whether or not the danger level is Yellow. If it is, you are too far away. You need to stay in the "red" zone.

Morrigan

Armoring
Oct 24, 2017
That's exactly what it is. If you had it right on the edge of the area (which as the previous poster said is WAY smaller than you think it is) it will regen every time it crosses the invisible line. When it happened to me during the Boar fight I had to google it and finally realized I had been fighting the boar right at the edge of the circle. I had it regen like 5 times on me before I gave up and googled it. You don't need to be kiting it, just moving a few feet could cause the reset.

I believe you can tell if you are out of bonds by whether or not the danger level is Yellow. If it is, you are too far away. You need to stay in the "red" zone.
Wow.... wish I had known that LOL. I thought it was an ability of the boss. I was baffled when I retried the lion and destroyed it no problem after that, I figured I did something to "interrupt" its regen... xD

The only thing I cant beat in this game is the Boar,not the early one but the one with the quest along the others,the one that farts poison in your face lol...still waiting for a Season Pass sale on the 1X to play the DLC...not paying 50 bucks(CAD) for a Season Pass,even how awesome and lenghty it is...

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I cant beat in this game is the Boar,not the early one but the one with the quest along the others,the one that farts poison in your face lol...still waiting for a Season Pass sale on the 1X to play the DLC...not paying 50 bucks(CAD) for a Season Pass,even how awesome and lenghty it is...
I just dropped the game down to easy for 5 mins to beat the damn thing, had enough of getting farted on :/

That was probably the only battle I really had difficulty with. It took me a few tries, but you can survive alright if you keep dodging and stay just outside the range of its superfarts. You need to use hit-and-run tactics on this one otherwise you'll die pretty quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the DLC, up to episode three of the first blade storyline and wow did they fuck up with THAT narrative decision. How they didn't foresee people hating that is beyond me.

Unrelated question: I'm playing on PC and have been stuck on 99% completion forever, is there a list somewhere or does anyone know what counts towards that percentage?

Oct 27, 2017
I LOVED legacy of the first blade, beat it last night. Kassandras journey with those characters totally matched up with the way I played her through out my 95 hour journey. I also cried like a baby at the end of it

Oct 27, 2017
You gotta love it when you're rampaging through an area and you end up killing a cultist you didn't even know was there completely by coincidence.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
well, finished both the cultist in the base game, and did all dlcs released so far. the ending to the cultist plotline was such a cop-out. Fate of Atlantis was beautiful, tho i cannot understand why
would i be invested into my decisions when it's clear Elysium wasn't a real place, even for Kassandra, but just a simulation.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Legacy of the First Blade. Good lord I'm glad that is over.

Got tired seeing Alexios weep and shit over some dull lady and their creepy baby. I had no emotional investment in either of them.

Nice touch putting the kid on Testikles' island. RIP friend.

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
What in the fuck. I just got the Title Screen Splash after playing for 8 hours. This game is kind of blowing my mind...and I hated every AC game I tried before it. Love that it's an RPG. Any general advice to know as a noob to the game? I feel dirty asking this but are the boosts worth it?

Also what about bounties? Should I just pay them? I don't mind taking on 1 but getting ganged up on bounty hunters 3 levels higher sucks

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What in the fuck. I just got the Title Screen Splash after playing for 8 hours. This game is kind of blowing my mind...and I hated every AC game I tried before it. Love that it's an RPG. Any general advice to know as a noob to the game? I feel dirty asking this but are the boosts worth it?

Also what about bounties? Should I just pay them? I don't mind taking on 1 but getting ganged up on bounty hunters 3 levels higher sucks
The boosts are not needed at all. If you want them you can buy them but if you enjoy doing the content you won't find yourself under leveled for very long.

At a certain point you will have more money than you know what to do with. And at the beginning of the game the bounty hunters can be hard on you, so I recommend paying them off. Later you will just murder the shit out of them so it won't be a problem anymore. If you can try to watch doing anything too crazy to provoke them. Be stealthy.

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
The boosts are not needed at all. If you want them you can buy them but if you enjoy doing the content you won't find yourself under leveled for very long.

At a certain point you will have more money than you know what to do with. And at the beginning of the game the bounty hunters can be hard on you, so I recommend paying them off. Later you will just murder the shit out of them so it won't be a problem anymore. If you can try to watch doing anything too crazy to provoke them. Be stealthy.
Awesome thanks for the reply! You just saved me 20 bucks

Oct 26, 2017
London

A few tips:
  • Visit every quest board in town and take every contract you see. These are the quests with descriptions like “destroy 5 Spartan war supplies” which you will complete through normal play and net huge XP.
  • Ignore quests with the hourglass icon, these are the equivalent of Radiant Quests in Bethesda games (constantly randomly generated) and if you complete the objective accidentally you can always turn them in anyway.
  • Take all other side quests (exclamation mark in a diamond icon), they’re largely well written and many feed back into the main story branches. Ignoring these means missing some of the best content in the game.
  • You can pay off mercs but it’s more fun to hunt down the bounty giver (money bag icon with a sword) and take them out. Your wanted level also goes down over time if you stay out of sight.
  • The stat modifiers on equipment are more important than damage and armour, focus your efforts on making equipment sets that suit your play style. The game now has loadouts you can save so it’s easier to refine builds than it was at launch.
  • Before you start getting legendary sets, just keep replacing your equipment with whichever is best for your build, loot comes in fast so no need to be attached, and if you like how equipment looks all appearances are saved for transmog even if you get rid of the item.
  • If you do like the stats on a particular item or have a legendary you like, upgrade every ten levels because this is when the stat modifiers increase, otherwise you just upgrade damage or armour which aren’t that important.
  • Engravings are cheap and make a big difference, engrave anything you use. There’s an engraving list in your equipment menu where you can keep track of your progress for engravings with special requirements.
  • You’ll need A LOT of materials in this game, so dismantle rather than sell extra equipment. Or, if you do need money, sell all purpled and dismantle blues and whites.
  • There’s a chest on your ship where you can store equipment you want to keep hold of but don’t need/can’t dismantle. DON’T STORE LEGENDARY SETS UNTIL THEY ARE COMPLETE. When you complete a legendary set, all items automatically boost to your level, as long as you have them in your inventory.
  • Experiment with your ability tree, you can respec any time for a negligible fee. Eventually you will have enough points to fill the board, if you want to.
  • Warrior, Assassin and Hunter are all viable, focus on whichever suits you, or switch between them. At endgame, I have builds I swap between for all three (plus a fire build).
That ended up being much more than I expected 😅. As you can tell, I adore this game.

daxy

Oct 25, 2017
This game is really fun. I'm about 75 hours in and at level 48, but only recently got to chapter 7. Perpetually amused about the grind everyone was worried about. Maybe if you mainline it, but you'd be missing out on more than half of the content. The game does a great job introducing new storylines and mechanics juuuust as you think things are starting to get a little stale. Been doing quests in Messara before moving the story forward and wow do I love what's going on on this island. Some of my favorite quests yet.

The one thing I wish they'd have done better is character animations. Kassandra looks okay usually, but every other character seems to be miming a completely different conversation than the one you're engaged in. A little jarring.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Guys I have a question .I m interested in the game but I finished origin with dlc 3 months ago .from videos and reviews oddessy looks so close to origin.i feel I will be tired of the the mission structure and same feeling as origin .any suggestions ? Should I skip it for now and do it later ?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Guys I have a question .I m interested in the game but I finished origin with dlc 3 months ago .from videos and reviews oddessy looks so close to origin.i feel I will be tired of the the mission structure and same feeling as origin .any suggestions ? Should I skip it for now and do it later ?
The game is definitely more open ended with how you can approach quests as compared to Origins but the general "structure" is fairly similar. It's a fantastic game and if you liked Origins then you'll definitely like Odyssey but burn out can be a legitimate factor.

If you feel like you can't play another game like Origins right now then sure, wait a little while. I'd suggest waiting until all the DLC is out and getting the Gold edition at a discount.

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the family mainquest yesterday, i have still to find and take down Medusa and hunt 10 remaining Cultists. Did the vast majority of sidequests too.
In the end it is a great game, they nailed the loot aspect, the balance of economy, character progression, sidequests are entertaining and the characters you meet along the journey are good.

That said Odyssey isn't as good as Origins for me. Both are incredible games, but Origins is downright a magical game in my view.

daxy

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay-wise, it's largely the same but with a lot more options and it's more freeform structurally. I enjoyed AC Odyssey much more and, unlike Origins, I didn't burn out on it after 40 hours. Nonetheless, I'd wait a little while before jumping in, I think. I can't imagine doing these two games back to back. As good as Odyssey is, I don't think it'll hold up.

Mar 18, 2019
Germany

Never feel bad about paying off bounties. Sometimes you just don't want to fight a bounty hunter, though usually it is a fun challenge.

You will need a lot of wood in mid-game to upgrade your ship so gather all you can and deconstruct unused weapons.

Don't spend too much time overthinking your weapons. The game throws new weapons at you constantly. Honestly it's a bit much. Try not to get stressed about it, it isn't worth the time to go in on minimizing and maximizing.

After a while you will want to look up some of the special weapons that are hidden around the map. I recommend this, it's worth it and the map is so big you might never find them without some help.

Oct 30, 2017
The game is definitely more open ended with how you can approach quests as compared to Origins but the general "structure" is fairly similar. It's a fantastic game and if you liked Origins then you'll definitely like Odyssey but burn out can be a legitimate factor.

If you feel like you can't play another game like Origins right now then sure, wait a little while. I'd suggest waiting until all the DLC is out and getting the Gold edition at a discount.
Gameplay-wise, it's largely the same but with a lot more options and it's more freeform structurally. I enjoyed AC Odyssey much more and, unlike Origins, I didn't burn out on it after 40 hours. Nonetheless, I'd wait a little while before jumping in, I think. I can't imagine doing these two games back to back. As good as Odyssey is, I don't think it'll hold up.
Thanks guys . Yea I m afraid of burn out .will wait another 6 months to get it .there won't be a new one this holiday anyway .so might do it around that time to feel fresh

Oct 27, 2017
This holds mostly true except when it comes to the last round of ship upgrades. Because oh boy did the devs make those expensive... both in terms of money and materials.
I didn't want to mention those as it would be confusing. Also they are largely useless in the grand scheme of things anyways in my opinion haha.

I thought this would be the case with me but I loved Origins so much that it never bothered me. It is VERY possible that you could experience burnout though because the two games have very similar styles. Maybe wait a few more months and play a few other games before jumping straight into Odyssey also.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Got a Sony Rewards email notifying me that I completed an objective giving me 1,000 points. Turns out that gets me a $10 credit for the PSN and I got the season pass for $15. Time to dive back in I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So how upgrading weapons/gear works past lvl 50. I'm currently 47 and halfway trough Episode 7 (Home Sweet Home), so I have some way to go. Also I have a lot of cultist left, so not sure if I should wait with upgrading until all sets are complete.