• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
So how upgrading weapons/gear works past lvl 50. I'm currently 47 and halfway trough Episode 7 (Home Sweet Home), so I have some way to go. Also I have a lot of cultist left, so not sure if I should wait with upgrading until all sets are complete.
It works exactly like it does pre 50. There isn't really a difference. I do notice I need to keep my weapon upgraded less often? Maybe I've just gotten better at the game, or maybe it's because I have so many Mastery points now. Either way, it works the same.

Oct 25, 2017
So how upgrading weapons/gear works past lvl 50. I'm currently 47 and halfway trough Episode 7 (Home Sweet Home), so I have some way to go. Also I have a lot of cultist left, so not sure if I should wait with upgrading until all sets are complete.
IMO it is not worth it to upgrade incomplete epic sets at all. Epic equipment will automatically level up to your current level once you get the last piece in the set (and have the equipment in your character inventory, not your ship). I would also say legendary sets are far worse than fully decking your character out in legendary equipment. The full epic set boosts can look good, but you're giving up a ridiculous amount of stat boosts from legendary equipment.

Feb 27, 2018
Been tempted by this, so went back to wrap up a few side-quests I had left in AC Origins to see if I still liked the formula, think I might be hooked again

How much does Odyssey get into supernatural or mythological elements? Really enjoyed the bits of that in Origins (as well as the fantastic look of the afterlife locations), does it lean any more into that? Hopefully with more interesting mythological 'bosses' as they felt a bit rough in Origins

Also, bit of a random question, does Odyssey have obvious 'chapters'? If I pick this up I might try and stretch it out over a longer period of time and take breaks to play other stuff (I tend to focus too much on finishing one game at a time once I get into them and don't want to burn out towards the end like I did with Origins)

Oct 28, 2017
Been tempted by this, so went back to wrap up a few side-quests I had left in AC Origins to see if I still liked the formula, think I might be hooked again

How much does Odyssey get into supernatural or mythological elements? Really enjoyed the bits of that in Origins (as well as the fantastic look of the afterlife locations), does it lean any more into that? Hopefully with more interesting mythological 'bosses' as they felt a bit rough in Origins

Also, bit of a random question, does Odyssey have obvious 'chapters'? If I pick this up I might try and stretch it out over a longer period of time and take breaks to play other stuff (I tend to focus too much on finishing one game at a time once I get into them and don't want to burn out towards the end like I did with Origins)
Odyssey has 3 main storylines, one of which is dedicated solely to mythological stuff including 4 bosses.

There are chapters in the game for the family (main) storyline but I never found it to be obvious which one you were currently one tbh.

Oct 26, 2017
London

They go really fucking nuts with the mythological/supernatural elements and it’s wonderful. The sombre conspiratorial tone of the old games has been dropped for whacky sci-fantasy and it’s so much better for it.

I can’t recall if there are distinct chapters, definitely not something as explicit as RDR2, but there are story beats that you could treat as points to take a break. It’s an easy game to slip back into because it controls so sensibly and effortlessly.

Feb 27, 2018
Cheers for comments! Will probably grab it at some point soon and try and pace it out

It’s an easy game to slip back into because it controls so sensibly and effortlessly.
Yup, after an initial hurdle of forgetting how anything worked when I returned to Origins, I was in a 'one more sidequest/outpost/question mark...' loop very quickly

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
When did they add more viewpoints? I had gotten them all when I got my platinum back in January and when I loaded the game back up for the DLC I noticed a few new ones. Do you get anything for collecting them?

Oct 27, 2017
When did they add more viewpoints? I had gotten them all when I got my platinum back in January and when I loaded the game back up for the DLC I noticed a few new ones. Do you get anything for collecting them?
A few patches ago. There is not trophy involved or anything. Just a few more viewpoints to help with fast travel.

Jan 9, 2019
I finally reached the ending of the main story-Odyssey. Incredible game, but I thought the ending would be ways off, seeing the incredible amount of cultists I still have to kill. It might be my favourite AC but the story ending came incredibly abrupt and unexpected to me, I thought the different quests would be integrated more. It really felt like the grand narrative was still somewhere in the second act except near the end - especially the amount of unexplored land and quests I still have to do.

Also I think I probably got the worst ending since everyone ended up dead except for Nikolaos and that idiot? I spent months playing this game in very small chunks so I can’t remember what choices I made that led to this but I probably fucked up somewhere - it was quite unsatisfying to be honest.

Anyway, off to kill more cultists I suppose!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I finally reached the ending of the main story-Odyssey. Incredible came, but I thought the ending would be ways off, seeing the incredible amount of cultists I still have to kill. It might be my favourite AC but the story ending came incredibly abrupt and unexpected to me, I thought the different quests would be integrated more. It really felt like the grand narrative was still somewhere in the second act except near the end - especially the amount of unexplored land and quests I still have to do.

Anyway, off to kill more cultists I suppose!
just finished the main story was well. at first i was like "wha? that's it" but actually found it refreshing, it was mostly a family story not so much about taking down an evil syndicate, obtaining a mcguffin ect all in some epic final showdown

a little sly on ubi's part though, i imagine the low key ending was conducive to players buying the DLC right away to keep on truckin

Jan 9, 2019
My feelings on the actual ending are very mixed now, but god this game is incredible. I’ve always been an Assassins Creed fan - there’s just something about the traversal in combination with the world and the small challenges within it that makes playing it just incredibly relaxing and fun. I can’t wait to dive back in and hunt down the remaining cultists and finish the remaining quests.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Seeing as it's on sale everywhere, what's the state of the game these days? Gold Edition (w/Season Pass) worth it? Looking at PC.
The base game alone gave me over 100 hours of game play, with the recent deals where it's like $25 I'd say it's totally worth it. I haven't dipped into any of the DLC outside of the Lost Stories of Greece yet but I'll be starting that later tonight.

Oct 27, 2017
Are trade goods only for selling? Do all vendors give equal amounts back?
All vendors do give the same amount.

There are like 1 or 2 quests where you need to get bear pelts or some shit to finish the quest. Don't try to horde your trade goods for this kind of thing though because the quest will tell you exactly where to go to kill a bunch of bears.

So short answer, always sell your trade goods.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to take pictures of everything in the Elysium in the Atlantis dlc. It's freaking beautiful. So is Adonis. 😏 Though, I think I already screwed up that romance path.

I've also had a few quests that required shark skins. Those were kind of a pain.
I miss when you could multi-shoot sharks. It's a pain trying to kill them now since their movements are so erratic .

Oct 28, 2017
EU
Aaaawww sometimes I hate myself. Just started the game and am like 3 hours in. Bought the game for cheap. HAD to buy that stupid horse skin when I saw it. Am now constantly reminded of my weakness by a burning horse from hell.

Looks kinda neat at night though. Urgh.

Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh hey, found another thread in which I'll probably thrive!
I'm a huge AC fan, finished 1st chapter of The Fate of Atlantis a few days ago, and I quite loved it, can't wait for the 2nd chapter! I otherwise finished everything else (main game and 1st DLC) and platinumed it!

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Origins and didn’t believe it could get better, and then I started Odyssey! Wow!

Fantastic game. And Kasandra's model is done so well. Her legs look amazing. Her painted on undies (which you see while swimming) are really weird. They run out of time to do a proper texture?

BTW, I did thr first War battle. Weakened the opposing army and all that. Now I’m at a new island and can burn the food and kill the men, but why? I have. I reason to do that. First time I was trying to get access to The Wolf...

Whom I let live. And I told the mission giver he died. Wouldn’t that be verifiable that I didn’t kill him? Wouldn’t be Wolf go back to work? Also, I was supposed to kill a leader for the war but KOed him and recruited him for my crew. Why would he do this? And again I told people he died.... it really takes me out of the story.

just finished the main story was well. at first i was like "wha? that's it" but actually found it refreshing, it was mostly a family story not so much about taking down an evil syndicate, obtaining a mcguffin ect all in some epic final showdown

a little sly on ubi's part though, i imagine the low key ending was conducive to players buying the DLC right away to keep on truckin
There’s actually like 3 endings to the game. It’s a unique way of doing it that works well I think. There’s that one, the one for the cultists, and then another main plot line.

Nov 15, 2017
Aaaawww sometimes I hate myself. Just started the game and am like 3 hours in. Bought the game for cheap. HAD to buy that stupid horse skin when I saw it. Am now constantly reminded of my weakness by a burning horse from hell.

Looks kinda neat at night though. Urgh.
I ride a pretty pretty unicorn that leaves rainbows when it runs.

Oct 28, 2017
EU
I've bought a few of the cosmetics. No shame. Some of them are pretty neat.
I ride a pretty pretty unicorn that leaves rainbows when it runs.
Yeah it's just... so expensive, I think the horse skin alone costs 7,50€. That's too much and I usually am rather against such mtx in singleplayer games.

And while I really love the game - actually stopped playing Sekiro (as a Souls veteran) because Odyssey is so good - I constantly think of buying the underworld armor set. It looks great but I won't do it because that would just destroy my enjoyment of the game. It's about always getting new loot and there are a lot of armor sets and weapons. Sticking to one armor set would make the hunt for new loot less fun. Don't like this effect of the mtx.

Oct 26, 2017
London
Yeah it's just... so expensive, I think the horse skin alone costs 7,50€. That's too much and I usually am rather against such mtx in singleplayer games.

And while I really love the game - actually stopped playing Sekiro (as a Souls veteran) because Odyssey is so good - I constantly think of buying the underworld armor set. It looks great but I won't do it because that would just destroy my enjoyment of the game. It's about always getting new loot and there are a lot of armor sets and weapons. Sticking to one armor set would make the hunt for new loot less fun. Don't like this effect of the mtx.
Not to encourage MTX use, but if you like how it looks you can just get the armour so you have it unlocked for transmog then continue to use other armour. There’d be no reason to stick to using it.

Oct 28, 2017
EU
Not to encourage MTX use, but if you like how it looks you can just get the armour so you have it unlocked for transmog then continue to use other armour. There’d be no reason to stick to using it.

Huh didn't know that, it's a great feature! Thanks for the heads up.

I'm just debating with myself, because the underworld armor is a legendary item and has great stats and buffs. I wouldn't want to use other gear and would try to upgrade it all the time. It's also fun to find new gear with new looks and slowly improving stats, manage the different buffs etc. I feel like buying the armor would strip that part from the game.

Nov 15, 2017

I have both and haven't spent a dime on mtx.
Abraxas is a quest chain reward and I spent the free store currency the game gives you on the unicorn. Other things I've purchased with the blue stones from the in-game merchant.

Mar 30, 2018
France
lol

I've 100%'d every bit of content so far. My save is currently over 160 hours. XD
Same here, full plat, and my save is 171 hours long, I guess I... kinda like it :'D

I really enjoy those tale quests tbh, it feels nice to go back to the game once every 2/4 weeks and complete it, while waiting for DLCs and such. They often take advantage of it and make it narratively fun most of the times as well. I hope they'll keep such format for the next games of the franchise.

Same here, full plat, and my save is 171 hours long, I guess I... kinda like it :'D

I really enjoy those tale quests tbh, it feels nice to go back to the game once every 2/4 weeks and complete it, while waiting for DLCs and such. They often take advantage of it and make it narratively fun most of the times as well. I hope they'll keep such format for the next games of the franchise.
I did the same thing with Origins, but the post-launch support for Odyssey has been significantly better.

Oct 25, 2017
lol

I've 100%'d every bit of content so far. My save is currently over 160 hours. XD
Same. I just have ep 1 of the Atlantis dlc to finish and this new tale.

I personally won't feel like I'm done until I get the Pegasus mount though. I feel like I get every other legendary skin from those random urns or whatever they are but not the one I want ☹️

Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah this new Lost Tale of Greece was very, very good.

Oh damn, I'm now a bit mad I was super chill with him, because I didn't get that cinematic at all! Does this happen when you decide to kill him? I didn't want to, even though the way he flirted with me was super greasy to say the least, I was not going to fuck him either despite being given the choice, so instead I just recruited him on my ship, and honestly good on me cause he's a gold lieutenant with good stats!

But still, that gif is so memeable, ahah!

Love it!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the gold edition of this game on sale a couple weeks ago and I am having an absolute blast with it. I was a little unsure of buying it when it first came out because of all the discussion about the supposed pay-to-win elements or whatever, and due to the fact I played Origins for 40+ hours, and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't have time to finish it.

Pretty much all my reservations about the game have gone out the window now that I'm really into it. I feel like Ubisoft doesn't get as much credit as they deserve for how much attention to detail they put into these historical settings. It's really quite staggering to think how much time their artists and designers spend on detail that many players will never notice. It also helps that I'm playing on my PS4 Pro on a brand new 4K TV, because the game can look really stunning. I'm also happy they're leaning more into the RPG elements while keeping them reasonably user friendly. The fact you can respec so easily makes it a lot of fun to fool around with skills and builds. I can't till I'm further in and higher level and so I can really do some experimenting.

I can't wait to get home tonight and play more!

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Did anyone else's Really, Really Bad Day bug out the first step of the quest? I spawned and while riding my horse towards the very first quest marker I was getting dialog about defeating pirates and then when I got to the guy the first step of the quest was already completed. He told me I had to go out on my boat and get rid of the pirates and it was already completed without me doing anything else.

Mar 30, 2018
France
Did anyone else's Really, Really Bad Day bug out the first step of the quest? I spawned and while riding my horse towards the very first quest marker I was getting dialog about defeating pirates and then when I got to the guy the first step of the quest was already completed. He told me I had to go out on my boat and get rid of the pirates and it was already completed without me doing anything else.
No, the same happened to me too. I figured I already had defeated the pirates in question a long time ago, way before the quest happened, that's it.

Chaz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, UK
Hey guys, I have question that im hoping doesn't require spoilers to answer.

Im currently looking for my mother but a thought crossed my head with the Odysseys and how many their are. Is there a 'correct' way to go through everything to get the optimum ending? For example, should I complete the 'main' story before killing all of the cult members? Should I do that first?

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hey guys, I have question that im hoping doesn't require spoilers to answer.

Im currently looking for my mother but a thought crossed my head with the Odysseys and how many their are. Is there a 'correct' way to go through everything to get the optimum ending? For example, should I complete the 'main' story before killing all of the cult members? Should I do that first?
You can do any order you like but the one that makes most sense is family, cultists then Atlantis.

Jan 10, 2018
Umeå, Sweden
Just bought this game for my PS4 Pro but there seems to be a game breaking bug in the beginning that stops me from getting any further. The game just freezes completely after about 3 minutes. It has happened 5 times now and I don’t know how to solve it. I’ve tried re-installing, rebooting etc. but nothing helps.

Anyone else have this issue and knows how to get around it? Some settings I can try perhaps?