Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Which character are you playing as??

• Total voters

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Done with Ep 2. I know its the underworld and respect the art direction and all but damn did I miss Elysium! Also I hit level 99 before this ep came out from doing daily quests. 232 hours in, I'm looking forward to ep 3 coming so I can finally put this great game to bed.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I love the hell out of the main game so far (40 hours in), but I a bit relived the DLC seems to be underwhelming, because that's less for my backlog lol

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Finished Episode 2 of the Atlantis DLC. Some thoughts.

After the fantastic first episode, couldn't help but feel this one was a letdown. First, after the gorgeous Elysium location, the dull/drab Hades (which fits thematically, I suppose) is a boring place to explore. On top of that, the world map is considerably shorter than Elysium and the central quest also much more shorter. Here's hoping the third episode is more meaty and more fun to explore like the first one.

The present timeline cliff-hanger is also much more abrupt (and worse) than the first episode. Honestly, I would have preferred slightly more spaced two episodes instead of three.

--

Also, just in general. AC Odyssey continues to be one of my favorite worlds to just explore in the world. I find it very aesthetically pleasing and just stroll on the horse and explore/sight see.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Really didn't need even more reason to dislike Layla Hassan, but hey, if you're offerin'...

Disappointed with the second episode as a whole. Felt like there was less to do overall, and the underworld just wasn't all that fun to traverse... Well, it IS Hades, so maybe that was kind of the point.

The line of quests related Phoibe and Brasidas, of course. And that final boss fight against Hades himself—who was seriously asking for it throughout the entire thing.

Beyond that... Eh... Wasn't even too crazy about the ability upgrades this time around. Hoping that the final episode doesn't disappoint.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond that... Eh... Wasn't even too crazy about the ability upgrades this time around. Hoping that the final episode doesn't disappoint.
Yeah, none of the upgrades in this episode were good for my build either. The first episode had quite a few good one's.

Honestly, this seems like a filler DLC more than anything. Hopefully the third episode is more like the first, not like this.

Wondering if
Poseidon is going to be the big bad for it, or if we're actually going to see Zeus.

And what location it might be in .. Mt. Olympus perhaps ?

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a few hours in the Underworld today and I like it so far. It definitely isn't as pretty to look at visually as Elysium was but I still dig the grim dark vibe going on in it.

The Phoebe story line was fun and I like seeing the softer side of Kassandra. Plus the goat scene with the Cyclops had me laughing my ass off.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, none of the upgrades in this episode were good for my build either. The first episode had quite a few good one's.

Honestly, this seems like a filler DLC more than anything. Hopefully the third episode is more like the first, not like this.

Wondering if
Poseidon is going to be the big bad for it, or if we're actually going to see Zeus.

And what location it might be in .. Mt. Olympus perhaps ?
I would guess we might actually see Atlantis proper since it's the main point of the DLC.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game in a recent sale with all DLC and spent about 10 hours in the world. The first 5 hours were a bit underwhelming imho. I played Sekiro before in which every fight is tense and thrilling. I missed that in the combat system in ACO. On the other hand it is really strong on the writing. I really like that the dialogue feels so natural and light hearted, the characters show strong emotions in their voice and the dialogue choices are simple but they feel refreshing. Especially after dealing with cryptic dialogue in Sekiro with almost no emotion. After a talk with an NPC in Sekiro I was often more clueless than before. The exploration is also great. The writing and the exploration let me push on after hour 5 and it was worth it. Now I am sucked in the world of ancient Greece and I probably won't leave for a long time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dystopian America
Atlantis proper or a simulation ?

I swear this simulation aspect is so fucking stupid.
Either is fine with me. I just want to explore Atlantis. I just want to be happy.

Honestly, the DLC for this game hasn't blown me away. I think they did a much better job with the expansion packs for Origins. Those were well thought out and interesting. Also, maybe episodic isn't the best format to go with.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Atlantis part 2 and I think it wasn't cruel and grim enough.
I liked the stories ...
need to kill more people when I do NG+ :D
I dislike that the armor bonus is only useful in the one zone.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just did the "One really, really bad day" sidequest and I must say that was amazing lol. Definitely my favorite.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is trophy ofor killing all the Fallen but the last one is undiscovered and i canlt find him.Any help?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
There is trophy ofor killing all the Fallen but the last one is undiscovered and i canlt find him.Any help?
You'll run into all of them through the quests in the DLC pack. None of them are 'hidden'.

Speaking of that .. how the fuck do I find the Tier S4 Mercs they have added to the base game ? I found two of them just purely by coincidence .. is there no sure way to get their locations ? I have keeping offing Mercs left and right hoping the clues they drop might lead me to the top two guys, but nothing so far for hours.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just did the "One really, really bad day" sidequest and I must say that was amazing lol. Definitely my favorite.
Yep, reminded me of *that* side quest in Yakuza 0.

Proper as in not these two rooms we’ve seen looking out over Atlantis, but actual Atlantis itself.
I would love this,but wondering if its feasible for them to do a completely under water zone (with running and climbing and stuff, and not just swimming).

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
You'll run into all of them through the quests in the DLC pack. None of them are 'hidden'.

Speaking of that .. how the fuck do I find the Tier S4 Mercs they have added to the base game ? I found two of them just purely by coincidence .. is there no sure way to get their locations ? I have keeping offing Mercs left and right hoping the clues they drop might lead me to the top two guys, but nothing so far for hours.
isn't getting the highest tier bounty a good way to get them to hunt you?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
isn't getting the highest tier bounty a good way to get them to hunt you?
I've tried that, ran into a fort with a leader inside it. Shanked his ass to get an instant 5 star bounty and just starting offing mercs. Did that for around an hour and offed like 20 mercs last night but never got any rank higher than what I am.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried that, ran into a fort with a leader inside it. Shanked his ass to get an instant 5 star bounty and just starting offing mercs. Did that for around an hour and offed like 20 mercs last night but never got any rank higher than what I am.
Are they in the Arena by any chance? I remember some of the lower ones were in the Arena sometimes.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
Atlantis wasn't always underwater.

There's no telling what they could do with it being a simulation, I mean we went to Elysium and Hades.
I'm like 99% sure you see Atlantis in the trailer for the "Fate of Atlantis" DLC they released a few months back. You saw Elysium and the Underworld in the trailer as well....

Edit: Yeah go to 1:42. Atlantis.....not underwater.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm like 99% sure you see Atlantis in the trailer for the "Fate of Atlantis" DLC they released a few months back. You saw Elysium and the Underworld in the trailer as well....

Edit: Yeah go to 1:42. Atlantis.....not underwater.

There you have it.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Already tried a quest yesterday in Athens. You could clearly see that this was a test quest because it involved killing a nearby person with no dialogue. The system works though and it is a great idea.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I've finally completed the family ending after several months and 134 hours of playtime. I got the good ending, which was nice, now I just have all the rest to complete.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying this game out for a minute. Might buy it on PC if there are some good HUD mods.

I'm disappointed that, even in exploration mode, you can't turn off floating quest and question mark icons unless you turn off the entire HUD.

Rex_DX

Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
So I'm trying this game out for a minute. Might buy it on PC if there are some good HUD mods.

I'm disappointed that, even in exploration mode, you can't turn off floating quest and question mark icons unless you turn off the entire HUD.
This worked well for me but that was many updates ago. Can’t hurt to try though.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
This worked well for me but that was many updates ago. Can’t hurt to try though.

That seems like it just toggles the entire HUD and a few combat effects, not waypoints. But there seem to be some other popular HUD mods there.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
WTF, I can't beat this god damn Cerberus at the start of EP2 of Atlantis. I don't know if I suddenly became a bad player, but I just can't, on the easiest difficulty. This is fucking Assassin's Creed, not Dark Souls, why the fuck did they made this so difficult.

Arcade55

Oct 27, 2017
WTF, I can't beat this god damn Cerberus at the start of EP2 of Atlantis. I don't know if I suddenly became a bad player, but I just can't, on the easiest difficulty. This is fucking Assassin's Creed, not Dark Souls, why the fuck did they made this so difficult.
Yeah I struggled with this as it was weird to have not played in a month and then be thrown into one of the hardest boss fights in the game. Fire is bullshit in this game and this dude spews this shit constantly. I finally figured out that staying close and dodging a lot was the trick to staying alive and finally beat it.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I struggled with this as it was weird to have not played in a month and then be thrown into one of the hardest boss fights in the game. Fire is bullshit in this game and this dude spews this shit constantly. I finally figured out that staying close and dodging a lot was the trick to staying alive and finally beat it.
Yep sticking close to him makes the fight much easier, I struggled when keeping a distance because of the barrage of fire thrown at you but once you close in you're then forcing him to go with more physical attacks which are easier to dodge.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dystopian America
Yeah, I got him but the difficulty spike was certainly noticeable. If I had any complaint about this DLC it's that they seem to be going with some new silly combat mechanics just to make things tougher. Enemies that teleport, enemies that shoot lasers, enemies that you have to activate switches to be able to damage. Come the fuck on...

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I really liked this episode 1 of the DLC Atlantis. Compared to the first DLC, we can feel the difference. The writing is more consistent. Special mention to the OST, we quickly feel that there is a rotten side to this paradise, it made me think of the episode "Paradise Lost" of Stargate, for those who see what I'm talking about. Everything is beautiful, everything is pretty, but it's really not fine. Same for the enemies, I appreciate for my part the teleportations, laser beam & co, it spices things up.

I understand that some people have been frustrated with having to do all the quests, but I am a player who likes to take his time, so no problem at all.
Already started episode 2 in the underworld, I beat Cerberus the first time, you have to stay close to him to avoid the flames and it's only a PV bag.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Dystopian America
I really liked this episode 1 of the DLC Atlantis. Compared to the first DLC, we can feel the difference. The writing is more consistent. Special mention to the OST, we quickly feel that there is a rotten side to this paradise, it made me think of the episode "Paradise Lost" of Stargate, for those who see what I'm talking about. Everything is beautiful, everything is pretty, but it's really not fine. Same for the enemies, I appreciate for my part the teleportations, laser beam & co, it spices things up.

I understand that some people have been frustrated with having to do all the quests, but I am a player who likes to take his time, so no problem at all.
Already started episode 2 in the underworld, I beat Cerberus the first time, you have to stay close to him to avoid the flames and it's only a PV bag.
Episode 1 was funny because for some reason I just started wandering as soon as they cut me loose and didn't do any of the quests until I 100%'d the map. So it was weird sometimes when I would already have a quest item in my possession.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Just beat the Family quest line, got a really bad ending (paused the cutscene in shock)and I don’t even care. That was one of my favorite final 30 mins of a game in quite some time. Fabulous. Just love this game. Kassandra is an all time favorite game protagonist for me. Stunningly beautiful on 1X/4K.

Question about the whole hunting down the cultists story line: how hard is it to track them down? I’d like to see this ending, too, but I don’t know if I have enough time to devote to extracting clues from the world in order to identify the cultists. I’ve killed all but one who were exposed through a normal play through, maybe half of the total. Am I looking at another 20 hrs or so to track and kill the remaining ones? Worth it? Is there an efficient way to go about it?

Or should I play the DLC? No one seems too thrilled with that, I see. Or maybe do the Minotaur?

I also noticed that the only cultist I didn’t kil is a level 49, and I’m level 42. Will I have to level up to kill them? Not sure how levels apply to this part of the game.

Amazing game.

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I just finished the main story in Origins, I also own this. I don't know if I can go right into Odyssee.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Yep sticking close to him makes the fight much easier, I struggled when keeping a distance because of the barrage of fire thrown at you but once you close in you're then forcing him to go with more physical attacks which are easier to dodge.
Thanks for the tip. Staying close to this three-headed asshole helped and I could beat him.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Episode 1 was funny because for some reason I just started wandering as soon as they cut me loose and didn't do any of the quests until I 100%'d the map. So it was weird sometimes when I would already have a quest item in my possession.
Well, I do exactly the opposite! I try to follow the quest scenario as much as possible and in the Elyseum, they did a good job of exploring the whole map through the quests. It's smaller and therefore easier.
They even almost succeeded in restoring sensations of exploration and climbing with the "Ruins of Rhadamanthos".

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I just finished episode 2 of the Atlantis dlc and man, the expansion was fantastic but holy shit that ending with Layla was so bad, dear god did we really need any more reason to hate her? The modern day aspect just straight up sucks now, even though it used to be one of the main pulls of the series for me.