• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Question that occured to me... Is it possible to flip Attika to Spartan control? Because even if you weaken the region a bit, it regenerates super fast compared to other areas.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'd like to see DLC where you take a final side in the war and are able to fully conquer the map. I enjoy the territories aspect but it's hard to feel too motivated when you know the war will just keep going.
Except at the end there'd only be one ending, given Sparta wins, no side to choose. Then again, the entire mechanic is ridiculous compared to history given most of the war was just a standstill, with Sparta controlling most landlocked locations but being unable to do anything against Athen's naval prowesses, so whatever.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap at bow damage. Just got a legendary bow that makes every arrow poisonous. My gear isn't even Hunter geared or anything but I freaking annihilate people. It's glorious. I can take fuckers out with 3 auto-aimed arrows like I'm shooting nukes and the game is telling me I'm supposed to make more warrior damage? F THAT! Bow all the way from here on out. Now...to get wood and make more arrows. Daphnae will be pround.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So honestly I've never played an AC before but from seeing people play this it's been on my radar. About to grab it for $27 from Amazon!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I really love how this game looks, especially for an open world game.
45256345864_0c580a548d_o.jpg

Also, just fought the DLC cyclops. It was a lot easier than I expected it to be but still an interesting fight and good change of pace from typically human enemies. Some screenshots that I've spoilered:
45256345604_9eaf6e8bc5_o.jpg

Getting launched into the air was exhilirating
44164408480_7b2e2c7331_o.jpg

44164408280_c91f2d1b51_o.jpg
What visual style are you using for your equipment? I thought I looked through everything and didn't come across it.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I think that is Multi-Shot. Second Archery row, middle ability. At 3/3 you can fire up to six auto-aimed arrows at the same time, and you can charge your shots as well.
Oh hmm I thought I interpreted that as firing multiple arrows at once (like predator bows in AC: Origins, IIRC) and not an auto-aim feature. That sounds utterly broken...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oh hmm I thought I interpreted that as firing multiple arrows at once (like predator bows in AC: Origins, IIRC) and not an auto-aim feature. That sounds utterly broken...
It is both actually. Say you are doing a conquest battle and you are surrounded by enemies, you only have to aim at one enemy (or in their general vicinity) and the game automatically locks onto other enemies surrounding you. Fire the shot and all of them get hit at the same time.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
It is both actually. Say you are doing a conquest battle and you are surrounded by enemies, you only have to aim at one enemy (or in their general vicinity) and the game automatically locks onto other enemies surrounding you. Fire the shot and all of them get hit at the same time.
Combine this with a maxed out fire build and fire arrows and *kisses fingers*

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I just did the Silver Islands quest and I'm bummed. There should've been a way to
date both Kyra and Thaletas. A poly relationship would've been cute, instead Thaletas had to be a jerk. :/

Also, can I say how much I love Barnabas. Him and Kassandra have such a great friendship.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I just did the Silver Islands quest and I'm bummed. There should've been a way to
date both Kyra and Thaletas. A poly relationship would've been cute, instead Thaletas had to be a jerk. :/

Also, can I say how much I love Barnabas. Him and Kassandra have such a great friendship.
Yeah that questline pissed me off

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I found a place called
Cyclop Arges
, but there was nothing there. It looked kinda like a boss area. Is this for a later quest, or is it for DLC?

Oct 25, 2017
A new ability in each tree confirmed for the first dlc pack. Earning ability points after level cap and having a stat boost to dump then ala Origins are also probably on the way.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't date any of them and the ending I got was cute af.

I've been playing on hard since the beginning but the difficulty balance is starting to get out of whack for me (I'm level 40). Naval battles are a nightmare if there are more than 2 ships involved (and there are almost always more than two ships involved) and some of the mercenaries are damage sponges (my build isn't optimal enough though, but still).
I'm starting to wonder whether I should drop the difficulty because it pisses me off at times.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't date any of them and the ending I got was cute af.

I've been playing on hard since the beginning but the difficulty balance is starting to get out of whack for me (I'm level 40). Naval battles are a nightmare if there are more than 2 ships involved (and there are almost always more than two ships involved) and some of the mercenaries are damage sponges (my build isn't optimal enough though, but still).
I'm starting to wonder whether I should drop the difficulty because it pisses me off at times.

I saw that ending and it's clearly what you "should" have done, but that's no fun lol. Also Thaletas is a geek, his reaction was dumb.

I started the Goddesses of the Hunt quest, finally. Lol I'm like level 35. Killed the Boar easily tho, and the deer too. I'm gonna try and power through that and the quests with Myrinne as well today.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I love this game a whole lot but damn, every time some high ranking merc sets me on fire or shoots poison arrows at me I feel like shutting the game down and do something else, especially if they come in barging during a quest or something and they just disintegrate me. Those elements ruin the fun combat at times, I can take out a group of dudes when I'm playing patient and smart but these guys just melt you without a chance.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
So it looks like I'm about to wrap up the family storyline. Question though: since there are three main quests, is there a particular order I should complete them in or does completing the storylines influence the endings of other storylines? I'm 3/4 done with the cult and have one artifact left.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game a whole lot but damn, every time some high ranking merc sets me on fire or shoots poison arrows at me I feel like shutting the game down and do something else, especially if they come in barging during a quest or something and they just disintegrate me. Those elements ruin the fun combat at times, I can take out a group of dudes when I'm playing patient and smart but these guys just melt you without a chance.

I dunno, there's a certain charm when there are 5 of them, and they're all on fire and the Nemean Lion is eating their pets.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had the time to play anything these last two weeks, but this weekend I got some time over so I decided to finish all three storylines. 64 hours spent on this incredible journey. I must say the endings to all of these questlines are quite underwhelming. Sure, it's more about the journey, or odyssey if you will, but I really wish they'd put more effort into the endings too.

Family ending
I think I got the "best" ending, as the story ends with all five family members sitting awkwardly around the dinner table being generally uncomfortable, lol. Everything about this feels kinda awkward, but I don't know what I expected. Also Deimos sudden change of heart was executed really poorly imo.

On another note, I put my family on my ship and Kassandra refers to Stentor as "little brother". Not sure if she did that sarcastically or not but that was kinda weird as well, lol.

Atlantis ending
It's a whole lot of significant words used insignificancy about heroes this and save the world that. Still an enjoyable ending, albeit a bit silly.

Cultist ending
The most underwhelming one of them all. Literally lost for words on how disappointing this ending was. I had the highest hopes for the cultist ending. I wish they would have gone in a different direction with the leader of the cult

So it looks like I'm about to wrap up the family storyline. Question though: since there are three main quests, is there a particular order I should complete them in or does completing the storylines influence the endings of other storylines? I'm 3/4 done with the cult and have one artifact left.

Nah, but imo save the cultist ending for last.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So, the ending of the Family Values quest: officially my favorite side quest of all time.

"I can't even go pick flowers without some beast trying to kill me!"

"You killed his mother, and fucked his father!"

"Oh he screamed alright. But not in agony."

I could not stop laughing.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
So, uh

I just got to Pythagoras and Atlantis, and not know that this was where the game was going, that was maybe the most batshit insane thing I've ever seen in a game. Pythagoras is immortal, he's my dad, ancient aliens probably helped him figure out all that shit about triangles, and now we have to fight mythical beasts to save Atlantis?? Two minutes ago I was on a sail boat, dammit...

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh

I just got to Pythagoras and Atlantis, and not know that this was where the game was going, that was maybe the most batshit insane thing I've ever seen in a game. Pythagoras is immortal, he's my dad, ancient aliens probably helped him figure out all that shit about triangles, and now we have to fight mythical beasts to save Atlantis?? Two minutes ago I was on a sail boat, dammit...
Is this your First Assassin's Creed? Honest question.

And, yeah, if you really want to
Just pretend that entire sidequest doesn't exist if it truly bothers you. Every really mythical thing is a part of that one

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
Got to level 62 and I don't know if I should just grind the last levels or wait for the DLC to hit and get so to level 70. I do have more sidequests to do, but I really don't want to do them :/.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Is this your First Assassin's Creed? Honest question.

And, yeah, if you really want to
Just pretend that entire sidequest doesn't exist if it truly bothers you. Every really mythical thing is a part of that one

Oh no, I'm not saying it bothered me. I've played most of them. I just think that was maybe the most audacious moment they've had since fist fighting the pope.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I'm not saying it bothered me. I've played most of them. I just think that was maybe the most audacious moment they've had since fist fighting the pope.
Gotcha, yeah I really appreciated how it bonkers plays into the meta story in a REALLY weird way out of nowhere. I really like the ending to that storyline too even if others don't seem to.

I would pay good money for
some Modern Business Mogul Kassandra DLC. I loved that shit.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Never thought I'd say this but is there any way to spare some of the cultists? I just unlocked one whose text mentions that he seems forced to join the cult due to threats to his family, and his name is like "Skylax the Fair". He doesn't seem bad... ._.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd say this but is there any way to spare some of the cultists? I just unlocked one whose text mentions that he seems forced to join the cult due to threats to his family, and his name is like "Skylax the Fair". He doesn't seem bad... ._.

There is a way in that case, but it requires a specific course of action.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Where is that quest line?

Lokris. Has the weird red salt lake, I believe it's known as.

So I switched crew on my ship to some women assassin's. I didn't think much of it, just thought I'd try them out. To my surprise, when we set off the crew started singing and the voices had changed!

It would've been noticeable if they hadn't, but I would've understood since I imagine hiring two choirs wouldn't be cheap. Very cool, and it's a nice change of pace to hear the sea shanties in soprano.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone else having issues with this game playing surround sound? It used to work fine when I was passing my PS4 Pro through a Yamaha home theatre system (which is ostensibly 4K passthrough compatible btw) to a 2K TV. Now I got a 4K TV and for some reason can't pass 4K signal through (seems to be an HDCP version issue), so until I figure it out I have to go PS4 Pro -> TV -> receiver (via ARC). And now when I use linear PCM to get surround sound nothing plays at all in any game, so I set to Dolby/DTS bitstream and when I boot ACO the sound is extremely intermittent, cutting in and out every second... I have to set to stereo manually to make it playable in the interim. Other games and the TV apps like Netflix are outputting Dolby Digital or DTS fine.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished the Atlantis sub-plot...
and while I do get WHY they had to kill Kassandra before the end of the game (that way their next novels/games/stuff are not forced to make a "canon" protagonist for this game) but the conversation between her and Layla was so incredible short that I felt a bit cheated.
Kassandra could have talked to Layla so much more and help the Order with 2,000 years worth of knowledge... Oh well, she did seem tired and the Order still have the body so they probably are going to do some expanded universe thing with it.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I finished the main story and I got a bad fucking ending. I'm so confused what I did wrong becsuse I checked the guides online and I made the right decisions to get the best ending. I'm so bummed right now, I don't even want to go back at this point.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the main story and I got a bad fucking ending. I'm so confused what I did wrong becsuse I checked the guides online and I made the right decisions to get the best ending. I'm so bummed right now, I don't even want to go back at this point.
Maybe some of your interactions with Deimos went wrong? I remember you have to be consistent with him about you wanting him to return to your family side and things like choosing not to punch him, help him during the war AND choosing some dialogue choices in the Prison in Greater Athens help you to get the best ending.
And even then if you choose to betray him and fight him during the very final story mission is a sure way to get the absolute worst ending...

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

I haven't seen the other endings but the "best ending" really isn't that great anyway, lol. It's like a 2 minute cut-scene of non-sense.