• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Yeah there's nice variety to the rain too, spitting little showers on sunny days to overcast and drissly to full on downpours and thunderstorms.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Logged back in for the first time in 6 weeks and within literally 10 seconds 3 mercs are on my ass already. Why Ubisoft.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny that most of the mercs come running to your location, even if you're hiding, and then once they get close enough, they'll turn around and start walking near you. Like, here we are, wanna fight? Lol.

I just prefer to kill them first whenever I get to a new area.

--

jqMmz7l.gif

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
2 new patches and still no fix for Sparring with Roxana and Call to Arms quest fixed :(
I even sent them my save 2 weeks ago

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Guys me and my roommates are sharing one file and we've invested 81 hours and we haven't even uncovered the whole map, maybe 55%.

How are games this big now

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
This is the first Assassin's Creed since Black Flag that I've bought around launch and really got into (which was the first game I bought for my PS4 back in 2013, so it's been a while) and I'm really loving it. I'm playing as Kassandra and she's even better than I could have imagined. Game is surprisingly quite a looker too, glad I got the Pro recently.

I think I'm near the latter half of the story now, I'm level 21 at the moment. I knew the game was going to be big, but it really is big. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to do everything, but I kind of want to, which is rare for me with open-world games.

I think the best thing I did recently was acquiring the ability to engrave my sword with fire, made some fights much easier, and it looks real cool. One thing that I could do without right now, though, is mercenaries attacking me while I'm doing story mission fights.

Anyway, it's great so far, one of my favourites of the year.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Ready to jump back into this game...
After a longer break because of other games i'm pretty looking forward to continue my journey with Kass.
Started the game for a short time yesterday just soak in the setting and atmosphere. Definitely ready to jump back in, plus i forgot how fun movement and combat is in Odyssey.

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The amount of quests in this game is absurd, literally feels like they never end. They really need to focus their resources next game and just put 50 unique missions in the game instead of an extra 100 generic ones.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of quests in this game is absurd, literally feels like they never end. They really need to focus their resources next game and just put 50 unique missions in the game instead of an extra 100 generic ones.

I agree. Some of them I genuinely enjoyed, but most of them I don't even remember. This isn't a problem exclusive to Ubi games, though. It's a pretty rampant issue in big games like this.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Can you go back to the mythical encounters? Saw something about mythical armour in hard mode.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Anyone still getting fucked over by the Child of Poseidon trophy? I loaded an old save that left one underwater location remaining, downloaded the latest patch with the "fix", completed the location and still nothing. No trophy.

The fuck am I missing?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Black marker (with hourglass) quests are generic automatically generated and timed. Black marker (with eagle) quests are generic but set quests that don't expire. These are made for exp and resource grinding.

Gold quests are written and actually made quests. You only ever really need to go for these.

Anyone still getting fucked over by the Child of Poseidon trophy? I loaded an old save that left one underwater location remaining, downloaded the latest patch with the "fix", completed the location and still nothing. No trophy.

The fuck am I missing?

Are you sure you have all underwater locations? There's at least one that's nowhere near an island and can be kind of a pain to miss.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Black marker (with hourglass) quests are generic automatically generated and timed. Black marker (with eagle) quests are generic but set quests that don't expire. These are made for exp and resource grinding.

Gold quests are written and actually made quests. You only ever really need to go for these.

Are you sure you have all underwater locations? There's at least one that's nowhere near an island and can be kind of a pain to miss.

Ran through two separate guides prior to the patch to make sure but I'll do an extra check-list again now. This has been bugging me for so long as it's my final trophy haha.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Man, all that traveling across the world for those Xenia treasures, invading a super fortress and what did I get in return? a hand full of dragmae and experience and a cold shoulder. No cool interaction, no short story or character bit, some weird line about trusting her crew and Alexandra just stares blankly and walks away. What a waste of time that quest line was.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Man, all that traveling across the world for those Xenia treasures, invading a super fortress and what did I get in return? a hand full of dragmae and experience and a cold shoulder. No cool interaction, no short story or character bit, some weird line about trusting her crew and Alexandra just stares blankly and walks away. What a waste of time that quest line was.

I legit just looked up video walkthroughs immediately because I knew those quests were going to be a chore.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ran through two separate guides prior to the patch to make sure but I'll do an extra check-list again now. This has been bugging me for so long as it's my final trophy haha.

It wasn't that bad for me, as by the time I got around to cleaning up those last few trophies, I already cleared most of them. There are 42 in all. I used the Powerpyx guide, personally. And even then I missed one and had to go back down the list lol. I think the last one for me was on the coast of the big island in the Northeast.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
So the Death Veil skill makes invisible the bodies of the people you assassinate... cool, I guess.

The other bits of story they are showing seems really interesting like Darius son/daughter and the new Order that is in Makedonia.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
So the Death Veil skill makes invisible the bodies of the people you assassinate... cool, I guess.

The other bits of story they are showing seems really interesting like Darius son/daughter and the new Order that is in Makedonia.

Does anyone actually hide bodies? I feel like it isn't really needed because enemies usually just stand around, walk their routes really slow and you can murder them in a matter of moments before they have the chance to discover any bodies and even besides that, after 70 hours I never did nor did I feel like I should have. This isn't hitman.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone actually hide bodies? I feel like it isn't really needed because enemies usually just stand around, walk their routes really slow and you can murder them in a matter of moments before they have the chance to discover any bodies and even besides that, after 70 hours I never did nor did I feel like I should have. This isn't hitman.

Sometimes, if I'm picking off enemies at the fringe of a fort I try to make sure there's nothing alerting in the path of any others. Doesn't have a major effect as they're usually far enough away from the main body of soldiers but any advantage is worth it.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I do with some bodies like the ones from guards patroling the center of a fort and what not because it does suck being in Assassin's gear and wielding the Phalx of Olympus and then having 10+ guards and 4 mercenaries over you in seconds.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I see it as being one of the leftover elements from the older AC games at this point, just like the eagle dives. Odyssey is mostly a completely different game now. If anyone spots the corpse, I just kill the enemy that spotted it. Now there are two corpses.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Took me a while to get back into the groove of this game after RDR2/Spiderman but I'm back in now. I thought the levelling after 40 would take forever but I actually got to 47 relatively quickly. Finally completed my Amazonian set and finished the Kyra quest line on Mykonos. Ubisoft really have perfected the instant gratification loop in these games, it literally feels like a singleplayer MMO with the endless XP, quests and loot. Like I know it's not particularly deep or engaging but it's just satisfying enough to keep me playing even though I've finished most of the main story content.

I still don't understand this nonsense mercenary system though. I paid them off so I'm back to 0 but if I do a fort literally 3 or 4 will end up on my ass halfway through unless I stealth the entire thing.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand this nonsense mercenary system though. I paid them off so I'm back to 0 but if I do a fort literally 3 or 4 will end up on my ass halfway through unless I stealth the entire thing.
When I'm in a fort, I'll generally pay off the bounty before it gets to high. If you catch it early they won't even get to the fort before they stop looking for you.