• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I haven't played the game for a month and a bit so they may have adjusted this in a patch, but originally changing the difficulty did effect xp gain. On harder difficulties the game would scale low level content closer to your actual level resulting in you playing higher level content and so more xp gained. You might also have got more level appropriate loot drops but I never tested that, that's just me theory crafting. Their was this cheeky exploit when you did a quest you could jack the difficulty down to easy during it and when you had to turn it in turn it up to nightmare and you would get a higher xp reward.

Yeah turning the difficulty up gave you way more XP... I hope they didn't patch that out.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Easiest way to farm marksmen? Even in fortress you have a high chance of not finding one, oddly enough, I found one in one of those 3 men camps across the road

Nov 18, 2018
Easiest way to farm marksmen? Even in fortress you have a high chance of not finding one, oddly enough, I found one in one of those 3 men camps across the road
If you fight the Athenian in the arena there's a marksman in one of the waves of enemies. That's the quickest way I've found to farm them, but I don't know if there's anywhere where you can find more than one at a time.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
So i definitely think this game looks much better now after the latest patch. Lighting sources like fire are improved, much less texture loading, colors pop out more, shadows are better, textures are crispier....
What's even more noticable: they actually added more detail to the game. Walking through Athens makes this very clear, they added flowerboxes, carpets, wagons have a lot of merch on them, water in vats/puddles is finally moving, wood looks like wood etc... Athens feels much more dense and epic to me since i first walked in more than a month ago. Much better looking game to me since launch, it's coming close to the look of Origins:)

Ubisoft really cares about their games which is great. Playing on Pro.
So they did update the graphics, I was thinking they did but wasn't sure. Everything is much more smooth and there is more detail.
I'm on PC, and I also thought that the game looked sharper, particularly the NPC clothing and possibly the main character's armour. I'm guessing that the improvements that I'm seeing are listed in the patch notes as the following:
  • Addressed several visual effect issues with weapons and outfits
  • Addressed various instances of corrupted textures on NPCs

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I do sincerely hope they drop the grinding requirements in the next entry. You should be allowed to just play the main quests if you want, not need side quests galore to hit arbitrary level numbers. The main quests should level you up to the proper minimums on their own.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really bothered by this, but the ability to knock people out and then recruit them on your ship is one of the most silly mechanics I've ever seen.

"I just knocked you the fuck out! Wanna join my crew?"

I do it sometimes but it's more satisfying when you get a recruit from a quest line. Which doesn't happen enough.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Cosmetics question I'm pretty sure there's some pants or long stocking type things I wore once so I won't have to look at her diaper when she swims anyone know what it's called?

Also I'm back on my bullshit and playing this again, working my way through the dlc

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I do sincerely hope they drop the grinding requirements in the next entry. You should be allowed to just play the main quests if you want, not need side quests galore to hit arbitrary level numbers. The main quests should level you up to the proper minimums on their own.

For better or worse, grinding repetitive activities is basically the only core gameplay loop that binds all of the Assassin's Creed games together.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not really bothered by this, but the ability to knock people out and then recruit them on your ship is one of the most silly mechanics I've ever seen.

"I just knocked you the fuck out! Wanna join my crew?"

I do it sometimes but it's more satisfying when you get a recruit from a quest line. Which doesn't happen enough.

It is stupid but the whole recruiting mechanic for your ship is mostly useless anyway. Just another shallow feature they crammed into the game.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm level 58 and still haven't completed any of the main storylines but I was wonder if any of the legendary sets are worth upgrade and keeping, they all seem worthless when compared to the same level purples I've been picking up. The only reason I equipped any of the sets so far was for the trophy, the only one that seems the most interesting to me atm is the Amazon set which gives health when damage is dealt.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 58 and still haven't completed any of the main storylines but I was wonder if any of the legendary sets are worth upgrade and keeping, they all seem worthless when compared to the same level purples I've been picking up. The only reason I equipped any of the sets so far was for the trophy, the only one that seems the most interesting to me atm is the Amazon set which gives health when damage is dealt.

The only ones I really kept equipped for any significant amount of time were the Amazon set and the Agamemnon set.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

The set you get for completing all the stories makes it my #1 choice to use because of the set bonus. I just use my other gear to get the look I want since I'm not the biggest fan of the way it looks originally.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I killed a cultist and the cutscene for their death looked horrible. The lighting, animation, face quality for Kass, all looked terrible, like it wasn't a finished cutscene or something. Am I alone here?

It was Chrysis after saving the baby.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, you guys were right, hunting leaders who are in fortified región are definitely the best spot to find marksmen, one leader had like 3 of them

Funnily enough, I was only missing 1, so I went to the last Athenian region that I haven't visited in all the game to Hunt it, in the middle of the road, I found a Little camp with a marksmen, and when I was running to kill him another marksmen appeared on the road, so I killed him

Sadly, I now realized that I'm on that point of the game where even this misión doesn't give you that much EXP to level up, it actully like an insignificant boost. How tedious would be to level up from 56 to 70?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
so out of the "lost tales of greece" only done Divine Intervention and Daughters Lalaia, and boy are they polar opposites in quality.

Daughetsr of Lalaia felt much more fleshed out, whilst divine intervention, even though I did like parts of the story felt like padding having you run all over and pack for very minor things. How are the other "lost tales" in comparison, more Daughters or Divine intervention?

Also giving the Soundtrack a listen now, great as always. Ezio's family is basically the AC theme now, think I'm going to make playlist with just the variations from every soundtrack.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has the Ezio theme been used in all the games of the franchise since 2? I dropped the series after brotherhood and only recently returned with odyssey.

Also, I still don't know if I would enjoy 3, 4, Syndicate and Unity, but this game reminded me how much I enjoy travelling through cities from the past

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hit level 50 last night and still having a blast. I feel like I'm nearly done with one of the main stories, but not really sure. There's still plenty of side stuff to do and I am also looking forward to jumping into the DLC.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I finished the game, I was expecting to return to the present world , a little random stuff and end credits like usual but no.

The game have a lot, lots of filler content I just got geniuely sad when
Talks about her eagle no longer with her and expecting Old Greek to welcome her before she dies

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with a RPG being a RPG, actually. Should continue this way.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
so out of the "lost tales of greece" only done Divine Intervention and Daughters Lalaia, and boy are they polar opposites in quality.

Daughetsr of Lalaia felt much more fleshed out, whilst divine intervention, even though I did like parts of the story felt like padding having you run all over and pack for very minor things. How are the other "lost tales" in comparison, more Daughters or Divine intervention?

Also giving the Soundtrack a listen now, great as always. Ezio's family is basically the AC theme now, think I'm going to make playlist with just the variations from every soundtrack.

Divine Intervention is the first quest. I haven't done it yet but judging from the first goal they offered it's not a very good quest. The other Lost Tales are far more involved, and Lalaia felt the most of all.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else feels the last update made them alot more... eh.. brittle ? I seem to die more often then before and take more damage in every fight then before .
Or maybe I just suck and its easy to blame the game balance, who knows .

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone else feels the last update made them alot more... eh.. brittle ? I seem to die more often then before and take more damage in every fight then before .
Or maybe I just suck and its easy to blame the game balance, who knows .

I posted the same thing a few days ago, definitely feels like you die faster now.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Hi all. I finally found some time to try this game out on Project Stream. I used to play them all, but stopped after Black Flag.

Really enjoying it so far! You can tell by the level of polish that there was a lot of love put into the game, which is not something I'm too used to seeing in AAA games.

I couldn't find any relevant posts in this thread, so I wanted to ask what I should spend my $10 on. I remember way back when there was an article saying that the game "should have" shipped with the XP boost built in. I didn't think I cared about it, but then I read about a recent update that raised/removed the level cap (mastery levels?) Any advice there?

Thanks!

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hi all. I finally found some time to try this game out on Project Stream. I used to play them all, but stopped after Black Flag.

Really enjoying it so far! You can tell by the level of polish that there was a lot of love put into the game, which is not something I'm too used to seeing in AAA games.

I couldn't find any relevant posts in this thread, so I wanted to ask what I should spend my $10 on. I remember way back when there was an article saying that the game "should have" shipped with the XP boost built in. I didn't think I cared about it, but then I read about a recent update that raised/removed the level cap (mastery levels?) Any advice there?

Thanks!

Do you "have" to spend money in the game? Because I feel than the Exp Boost isn't necessary at all to enjoy the game, since you get the necessary experience by just traveling through the map and doing all those side quests and locations like caves and fortress. Now, you can buy it to speed up some things and get op quicker, since the game levels up according to your level, you will never be too op if you want a challenge, or well you can be op as fuck,m by changing the level settings

Now the money, waste in some heroic packs that include an skin, weapon, and some other goodies, they look good, although I don't know I they cost $10 or more

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Do you "have" to spend money in the game? Because I feel than the Exp Boost isn't necessary at all to enjoy the game, since you get the necessary experience by just traveling through the map and doing all those side quests and locations like caves and fortress. Now, you can buy it to speed up some things and get op quicker, since the game levels up according to your level, you will never be too op if you want a challenge, or well you can be op as fuck,m by changing the level settings

Now the money, waste in some heroic packs that include an skin, weapon, and some other goodies, they look good, although I don't know I they cost $10 or more
Yeah, it's use it or lose it! I personally like my games hard, so I'm leaning away from the exp boost, but if the level cap is removed or if the endgame gets really grindy, I might. I don't enjoy grinding too much. I also saw some map markers that add locations of treasure or materials? Is that useful?

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's use it or lose it! I personally like my games hard, so I'm leaning away from the exp boost, but if the level cap is removed or if the endgame gets really grindy, I might. I don't enjoy grinding too much. I also saw some map markers that add locations of treasure or materials? Is that useful?

Not really. You can still buy the level boost and make the game hard since the enemies would have the same level than you, and it will come handy to reach the level max sooner

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
If you do the side content ("gold" quests) there doesn't seem to be a need for XP boost. But if you just want to do mainquest maybe.

The maps maybe could be worth it?

Albatross

Nov 11, 2017
I'm reading some awful things plot-wise about the new dlc

Apparently, even if you dedice to not romance Darius' son, your Kassandra is still forced to have sex with him and have a child with him.

Can anyone here confirm this?
Because if this is true Ubisoft really shat the bed. Not only it's fairly sexist, but a straight on "fuck you" to LGBT players, literally a bait & switch after all the freedom you had in the main game.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm like 20 hours in and doubting if I'll keep playing. So far it just feels like Origins but I actually like Origins better. I like Bayek more than Kassandra and I hate the bounty system. It's like these guys have cell phones and text each other when one of them finds me. Then you spend like 20 minutes fighting them (yes, I know you can run away, but I rather fight them for the loot) and that's it.

I guess the rest of the game is checking off symbols on your map, which is gonna add like 80 hours extra.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017

Apparently, even if you dedice to not romance Darius' son, your Kassandra is still forced to have sex with him and have a child with him.

Because if this is true Ubisoft really shat the bed. Not only it's fairly sexist, but a straight on "fuck you" to LGBT players, literally a bait & switch after all the freedom you had in the main game.

It's true ... all of it.

Oct 28, 2017

I feel like they still could have kept a choice for the player there

There's mention of a sister/daughter several times as already being dead before the dlc, but what if they were still alive and you have events with both of them there (the hunting section, talks at the campfire) and you had dialog with affinity to either character. Then at the end you fight the Huntsman and he kills off the one with lower affinity leaving you with your partner of choice?

Then again the trophy for the second dlc
specifically mentions starting a family :/

Albatross

Nov 11, 2017
I'm sure there will be a thread about it on the main forum soon.
I hope. I'd do it myself but I'm mainly a lurker so I don't have enough posts.

This is MAJOR stepback for inclusiveness from a AAA developer. And what's worse, it's a cruel backstabbing after all the praise the game got from LGBT gaming communities.

If they had done it from the beginning it would be different, they could have said that Kassandra/Alexios are straight and want a straight family.
It would have been pretty shitty in 2018 in a Bioware-like game with all the "choose your fate" marketing, but like this...