• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
I'm reading some awful things plot-wise about the new dlc

Apparently, even if you dedice to not romance Darius' son, your Kassandra is still forced to have sex with him and have a child with him.

Can anyone here confirm this?
Because if this is true Ubisoft really shat the bed. Not only it's fairly sexist, but a straight on "fuck you" to LGBT players, literally a bait & switch after all the freedom you had in the main game.

Wow that has really put me off playing the episode. I hope Ubisoft corrects this.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't started the dlc yet so rather not have it spoiled. All this talk has so far been enough to get hints of what it's about

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Alexios/Kass would have had to have children at some point for the Animus to work, but it could have been at any point in their thousands of years of bisexual adventures, I guess.

How do they even handle the DLC story with Alexios?

Albatross

Nov 11, 2017
Alexios/Kass would have had to have children at some point for the Animus to work, but it could have been at any point in their thousands of years of bisexual adventures, I guess.

How do they even handle the DLC story with Alexios?
Since Origins the new Animus doesn't need the dna of descendants, you just need dna of that person (see Bayek/Aya's tomb and Kassandra/Alexios blood on the spear).

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Romance dialogue and options are so terrible in this game that I never really felt like I was choosing a romantic interest for Alex/Kass, and much less define their sexuality as other than bisexual, and that Alex/Kass just wanted to have sex with anyone because that's what Greek people did according to some people.

For example, while playing with Kassandra, I was doing the side quest with the woman who claimed to be a descendant of Odysseus, and the flirting was mostly one sided with the romance options popping up in the worst time posible while Odessa was talking about the problems that she was facing with the leader of the región. And almost all the options felt like "wanna have sex?" worst of all, is that you had the payoff before giving her the details of your investigation in the leader house, like, you are facing this huge dilemma, but that shit doesn't matter, I want to fuck you, and she accepts!, then make up, and after that you actually tell her the news.

I wish that the romance options in this game were more like in the hostess minigame in Yakuza where you actually have to say the right thing at the right time, and the the other part actually gives you some feedback telling you that they want to start a relationship with you. Also, the romance in this games while improve if other characters started flirting with you, and that you have the option to reject them either because you are not into their gender, or other reason. But besides Alcibíades (who also only wanted sex) none other character truly feels like a romantic option to start a relationship.
So in that regard, I honestly don't mind the DLC news, since the main game already botched the romance aspects, so may as well give Alex/Kass a canon partner to have a child and move on

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Since Origins the new Animus doesn't need the dna of descendants, you just need dna of that person (see Bayek/Aya's tomb and Kassandra/Alexios blood on the spear).
Oh right, no real excuse for this then.

Doesn't bother me personally because I took a "fuck everything that moves" stance in my playthrough but it's not at all hard to see how this would upset people.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
After hearing about how Odyssey worked, I expected to go into the game trying to romance everyone regardless of gender (playing as Kassandra), but I think it's really telling how almost all the romance options I've encountered have been women. Seems like they built the game with a straight male player / character in mind.

I keep expecting Brasidas to become a romance option but it hasn't happened yet, granted I haven't finished the main story yet

Last edited:

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Ubisoft: In Odyssey the choices, including romance, will be YOURS.

Ubisoft after gettin' sum $$$: haha siiikeeeeee

Not the first time a producer of media has done this, and still feels like shit

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played either of these Legacy of the First Blade DLCs yet. Probably going to wait until all three are out.

Assuming the last one is roughly equivalent in length to the first two, how much additional content are we talking altogether? I'd like to know how much time to set aside to play this thing.

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played either of these Legacy of the First Blade DLCs yet. Probably going to wait until all three are out.

Assuming the last one is roughly equivalent in length to the first two, how much additional content are we talking altogether? I'd like to know how much time to set aside to play this thing.
The first one took me 3 hours to complete, that's the story missions and killing everyone in the added cultist branch. If they're all around that length then I'd guess they would be 9 - 12 hours in total.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, no real excuse for this then.

Doesn't bother me personally because I took a "fuck everything that moves" stance in my playthrough but it's not at all hard to see how this would upset people.
oh I certainly understand the complaints about it. But I consider it more as a plot point, and not the end of the fucking world that it's being proclaimed as.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So i just started playing a few days ago. Is there any way to get rid of this annoying popup for the DLC that just released? It comes up every time i go to the menu. I have the gold edition, already installed it, and i've cleared my notifications in the in-game DLC store.

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
So i just started playing a few days ago. Is there any way to get rid of this annoying popup for the DLC that just released? It comes up every time i go to the menu. I have the gold edition, already installed it, and i've cleared my notifications in the in-game DLC store.

Same here, I dont have the DLC and whenever I load the map it pops up. Fucking annoying as shit.

Jan 29, 2018

I just came here to complain about this. I see it every time I open the menu/map. Playing on PS4.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me, too. I just saved, quit out of the game and relaunched it. Was fine after that.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a point in the story where I need to side with Athens or Sparta?

I have been keeping the status quo so far.

I have just finished Perikles's Symposium mission and I am leaving areas unexplored just so I don't weaken a side too much.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada

I have just finished Perikles's Symposium mission and I am leaving areas unexplored just so I don't weaken a side too much.
Technically yes but not really in practice. You're a mercenary that works for the highest bidder, so work for whoever you wish.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

The conquest battles and the like are just a side activity that doesn't really impact the main story. The Peloponnesian War is ongoing during the course of the game, and control of most regions will flip between Athens and Sparta even without your interaction. The only areas that can't be changed are Attika (Athens) and Lakonia (Sparta) because the fortification bar will regenerate too quickly. They're basically the "home base" regions for each army.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So I want to jump in into the game, does XP/rewards scale with difficulty? If so, how difficult is Hard? I want to avoid grinding, but also want to have semi-challenge, loved Origins.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
You will get better gear on Hard, but I wouldn't change the difficulty until you've got your bearings. Some things are quite overwhelming on Normal to begin with, especially Mercenaries. Once you've got your head round the gear and buffs, then maybe change settings.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like there's a patch out today. Just started downloading 1.13. "improved stability".

Hope it fixed the crash on fast travel, and the extra pop-in and loading of textures I've seen since 1.12.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there's a patch out today. Just started downloading 1.13. "improved stability".

Hope it fixed the crash on fast travel, and the extra pop-in and loading of textures I've seen since 1.12.
Man, what is up with patches taking 30 years to get through the "copying" phase of installation? It's only some games that do it, but it takes so long. I know the PS4 is actually doing a bunch of different things during that time, but patches used to install instantly after download, and it's not always like that anymore.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Does the story send you to Makedonia, Messenia, and Achaia? They're the last 3 areas of the map I haven't revealed or done any "?"s in and was wondering if I should take a break from where I am and go scout them out. I just started Chapter 8 and I'm currently in Athens

edit: nevermind I already finished everything.

Last edited:

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does the story send you to Makedonia, Messenia, and Achaia? They're the last 3 areas of the map I haven't revealed or done any "?"s in and was wondering if I should take a break from where I am and go scout them out. I just started Chapter 8 and I'm currently in Athens

edit: nevermind I already finished everything.

If you are planning to play the DLCs then all of the missions take place in Makedonia and Achaia

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, throughout the main story you'll fight for both sides. As for conquest battles it's up to you if you want to make your own canon, but basically mercenaries just fight for the top bidder.

So I want to jump in into the game, does XP/rewards scale with difficulty? If so, how difficult is Hard? I want to avoid grinding, but also want to have semi-challenge, loved Origins.

I played most of the game on hard, as I specced hunter, which is quite OP. It seems to me like enemies don't get much more health or armor, but they do quite a bit more damage, so it all depends on how good you are at dodging. You can change the difficulty whenever you want so just try and see what works.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finished two of the main stories last night, 56 hours in. I definitely want to finish the other main story and do a few more of the big side quests (like the legendary hunts) but I don't know if I have it in me to do the Platinum.