• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm in episode 7 and
about to meet my mother it seems like.
I just entered Nexos' port. How far into the game am I? Honestly, despite being a bit lengthy, the game is very, very good overall. Makes me wonder if the Ubisoft hate is a meme. If their other games are on this level, I might have to check them out too. Kassandra is also one of the better video game characters I've seen in a while.

I'll definitely finish the story, probably not the plat trophy though. The game is just too big.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I just entered Nexos' port. How far into the game am I? Honestly, despite being a bit lengthy, the game is very, very good overall. Makes me wonder if the Ubisoft hate is a meme. If their other games are on this level, I might have to check them out too. Kassandra is also one of the better video game characters I've seen in a while.

I'll definitely finish the story, probably not the plat trophy though. The game is just too big.
I'd estimate that you're about 2/3 through the family story. You then have two other major branches of the story to complete as well: the cultists and the artifacts. If you're on PC, there's a percent completion estimate in Uplay.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

I'd estimate that you're about 2/3 through the family story. You then have two other major branches of the story to complete as well: the cultists and the artifacts. If you're on PC, there's a percent completion estimate in Uplay.

I might be remembering wrong but I think at that point you haven't even started the third main storyline (but you're close to it) and that one is also pretty long and DEFINITELY worth pursuing. But yeah 2/3 might still be accurate all things considered, hard to say

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else got a bug where the texture for the golden button on the mercenary breatplate doesn't load properly? Looks fine on the black, dark red and black/red variations but on the white/blue and bright red/blue variations the button is just a golden blurry circle. Xbox One version btw.

EDIT: Nevermind, seemed to fix it with a second reinstall. Still seem to be loading that specific texture on those 2 pieces a little slower than it should but before it wasn't loading in at all. Weird.

Last edited:

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I swear after this week patch preformance have gotten really faster , while game physics become glitchier :

goABZtv.jpg

EXsauk8.jpg

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
I swear after this week patch preformance have gotten really faster , while game physics become glitchier :

Same experience over here! FPS drops in city environments are much less heavy, but lots of floating objects and also sometimes some weird character movement.
In return pop-in is worse than before, the LOD is shortened quite aggressively (playing maxed out on PC).

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
good lord this game has too much shit to do
how far am i in the story i just
killed elpenor
i'm doing so many side quests i'm at level 18 and barley scratched main quests.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I really like the historical details, especially their integration into the side quests. For example, on an island, we have the city of Gortyne and a quest asks to kill a herald from the city of Phaistos. We can see the destroyed city a little further away. In reality, that's exactly what happened. Gortyne destroyed Phaistos. Well, I would have liked something more sustained but it's already a good reference.
Like Corinth, we spend a lot of time with the hetaïres and the prostitution aspect of the city was well known at the time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i'm level 34 and i've mostly been critical path-ing. i think i'm at 40 hrs :P

how much longer do i have if i just met up with braisadas for the second time?

I think I was at about 80-90 hours when I finished all the major content from the base game. Now with all the currently-released DLC stuff finished, I'm close to 140.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Can someone clarify this for me:

I've just got an engraving to do 40% extra damage when I'm above an enemy with my bow, but is that 40% of the DPS of the bow or is that 40% of my hunter damage? Is it even worth using that engraving compared to an overall boost to damage with a different engraving?

Is it better to use the headshot damage engraving since I really only go for headshots with the bow, or is it better to stack the hunter damage instead?

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
You're at the beginning of the game still, tbh.
yeah i watched some youtube videos to see how far people are in the game doing the same mission they were all level 11 and 12 and i'm here close to hitting 19 , another annoying thing about the game is the lack of good weapons i only have 2 good weapons and i cant upgrade them everytime i hit a new level the mercenaries all give armor or shit swords now i'm stuck with a level 14 spear lol.

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Where can I find more hints to reveal where the last order guy is? He's supposed to be around the shipwreck cove area, but the DLC story never got me to reveal his location.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
yeah i watched some youtube videos to see how far people are in the game doing the same mission they were all level 11 and 12 and i'm here close to hitting 19 , another annoying thing about the game is the lack of good weapons i only have 2 good weapons and i cant upgrade them everytime i hit a new level the mercenaries all give armor or shit swords now i'm stuck with a level 14 spear lol.

Drops are tied to the levels of enemies, so if you're level 19 killing mostly stuff far below your level, you're not gonna be getting many upgrades.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
Drops are tied to the levels of enemies, so if you're level 19 killing mostly stuff far below your level, you're not gonna be getting many upgrades.
yeah i do releaise that its just through out my time (level 22 now) i got like 4 good weapons , and none of them are what i want to build around which is heavy warrior build.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clarify this for me:

I've just got an engraving to do 40% extra damage when I'm above an enemy with my bow, but is that 40% of the DPS of the bow or is that 40% of my hunter damage? Is it even worth using that engraving compared to an overall boost to damage with a different engraving?

Is it better to use the headshot damage engraving since I really only go for headshots with the bow, or is it better to stack the hunter damage instead?

The damage multipliers in this game are incredibly opaque and there's no kind of damage log to track what the optimal engravings are. I guess combat is easy enough that min maxing isn't really a thing.

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
yeah i do releaise that its just through out my time (level 22 now) i got like 4 good weapons , and none of them are what i want to build around which is heavy warrior build.

Don't be afraid to buy a weapon from the blacksmith. I'm level 34 currently, and there has definitely been times when RNG was giving me weapons i didn't care for. Rather than use a heavy blunt for instance, i would just hit up the blacksmith when my weapons would fall too far behind. Since i prefer daggers and spears, my load has been a mix of drops and purchases.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finished the odyssey quest line. level 43 but I need to grind to 46 just to get my final artifact. What the

Also fuck this poison boar

Last edited:

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Finished the odyssey quest line. level 43 but I need to grind to 46 just to get my final artifact. What the

Also fuck this poison boar
How tough that boar is will really depend on your build. Hunter is probably the most consistent to kill it easily. I literally 4-shot it with an Assassin high crit build (~36% crit chance, about +300% crit damage at the time):
https://youtu.be/FyN8n_y_ZNE

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
when can we expect the last episode of this first DLC to come out? I bought the Season Pass the other day but I still havent done any of it so I might aswell wait now.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Man these late game boss fights take a long ass time. Usually I wouldn't have the patience but I'm so close to finishing the game.

I hate how everything keeps readjusting near the end so that the enemies are always a few levels ahead of you. Luckily some of these fights are on a cliff. Knocking a guy off with one of your abilities is like a cheat code lol. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I think my level 47 character took like over 20 minutes to beat
Medusa

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Man these late game boss fights take a long ass time. Usually I wouldn't have the patience but I'm so close to finishing the game.

I hate how everything keeps readjusting near the end so that the enemies are always a few levels ahead of you. Luckily some of these fights are on a cliff. Knocking a guy off with one of your abilities is like a cheat code lol. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I think my level 47 character took like over 20 minutes to beat
Medusa

I don't recall any of my fights taking that long on any level. Are you sure you're not undergeared?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
This game is so good. Over 100 hours in and it keeps getting better and better.
Loving the mythical beast fights.
Definitely going for all expansions with Odyssey like i did with Origins.
Ubi really has knocked it out of the park with this new direction for AC.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This game is so good. Over 100 hours in and it keeps getting better and better.
Loving the mythical beast fights.
Definitely going for all expansions with Odyssey like i did with Origins.
Ubi really has knocked it out of the park with this new direction for AC.
I personally feel Origins was better. Odyssey is very fun but is way more mindless, and it shows they got comfortable with their "mission templates" and didn't try to innovate once.

Origins had few, but present linear setpieces like the hallucinations or the siege of Alexandria. Meanwhile Odyssey is 100% composed of the 4 mission templates they got (Raid a base, retrieve a thing, erradicate a zone, naval combat).

Also the graphics are not as good. Models are better but the lighting (specially material lighting) is a generation behind. And of course the world is way blander, while colorful, it doesn't have a single location besides the (non utilized!) Acropolis that is memorable. Maybe Sparta which looks very good, but again, it's very empty.

Odyssey is a very good game and one of the best WRPGs of recent times (the only one besides the Witcher with AAA production values) and people should play it for sure, but man, Ubisoft should have taken a better look at Origins. It's got lots to learn from it.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I don't recall any of my fights taking that long on any level. Are you sure you're not undergeared?

Possibly. I was using legendary gear I got from beating the odyssey mainline quest around level 44. I generally don't upgrade much and just use what I get as loot. Weapons were around 47. Maybe I was doing it wrong. My attacks were doing around 5-10k. It just took a long time.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished my first Odyssey

I think that the ending that I got was incredible stupid yet heartwarming

As Kassandra, I spared the life of both Alexios and Nikolaos, so after arriving to my home in Sparta, I ended up having a family dinner with my brother who has serious mental health issues who murdered thousands of innocents, my step father who threw said brother and I from a cliff, his new stepson that replaced me which also kinda hates me, and my mother who lost his 2 children for 30 years at the hand of his husband. And all of them were happy dining together, even Alexios and Estentor started wrestling like little brothers always do

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I just picked this up yesterday and I'm already hopelessly hooked.
I'm looking to get the season pass, but should I wait to complete the main story first or is it safe to buy?

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I just picked this up yesterday and I'm already hopelessly hooked.
I'm looking to get the season pass, but should I wait to complete the main story first or is it safe to buy?

It's safe to buy; you have to actively seek out the DLC sidemissions so you can do them at any time of your choosing and, if I remember correctly, they won't show up on the map until you reach a certain level (usually around the time you wrap up 1 or 2 of the main storylines.)

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I personally feel Origins was better. Odyssey is very fun but is way more mindless, and it shows they got comfortable with their "mission templates" and didn't try to innovate once.

Origins had few, but present linear setpieces like the hallucinations or the siege of Alexandria. Meanwhile Odyssey is 100% composed of the 4 mission templates they got (Raid a base, retrieve a thing, erradicate a zone, naval combat).

Also the graphics are not as good. Models are better but the lighting (specially material lighting) is a generation behind. And of course the world is way blander, while colorful, it doesn't have a single location besides the (non utilized!) Acropolis that is memorable. Maybe Sparta which looks very good, but again, it's very empty.

Odyssey is a very good game and one of the best WRPGs of recent times (the only one besides the Witcher with AAA production values) and people should play it for sure, but man, Ubisoft should have taken a better look at Origins. It's got lots to learn from it.
Agree with you there. Origins is the better game, more polished. For example the combat albeit more deep in Odyssey due ablities, it feels much more polished in Origins. Every location feels unique, tombs are incredible, it's basically the closest thing to a timemachine. Origins looks a bit better too.
Origins is a 9.5/10
Odyssey a 9.2/10

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Agree with you there. Origins is the better game, more polished. For example the combat albeit more deep in Odyssey due ablities, it feels much more polished in Origins. Every location feels unique, tombs are incredible, it's basically the closest thing to a timemachine. Origins looks a bit better too.
Origins is a 9.5/10
Odyssey a 9.2/10

Having gone to Origins from Odyssey, character models don't look that good comparatively. There are a few people that look as if they're sculpted from plasticene. The DLC areas look a bit better though.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Thank you!

Have you found the DLC to be worth the price?

It's a bit of a mixed bag. I haven't gone far into the big story DLC (Legacy of the First Blade) because I was spoiled on a plot twist that didn't sit right with me (and many other fans.) I did enjoy the free sidemissions a lot and my kids loved the Discovery Tour in Origins.... but all of that is free. I've played around with the customisation options a lot but I can't tell which of those I earned in-game and which are bonus content.

Really looking forward to AC3 remastered and curious about the Fate of Atlantis DLC, so maybe I'll get my money's worth out of the pass eventually.

But, honestly, the biggest driver behind getting the pass is that I really, really enjoy this game and wanted to support and encourage Ubisoft to keep going in this direction.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scale of this game is honestly mind-boggling. I unlocked the
Atlantis
quest after more than 45h and there's still so much more to do. Focussing on the good content of the game (ignoring question marks and generic quests) is definitely the way to play.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to take an uneducated guess it's due to technical reasons: game couldn't load new assets fast enough when galloping through city.
could be this and what Kuldar posted together, but can't help but feel you run faster in cities than you ride. Could be perspective and animation fooling the eyes though.