• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
The shitty performance of the game as well as the freezing is driving me up the wall.
Also, I just broke the quest 'The Liberator' because I cleared out the quarry before interacting with the messenger.

40 hours into this game and I still feel like an under-powered newbie.
In Origins, I was a killing machine at this point, clearing out entire bases by head-shotting everyone without stopping.
In this game, tying the long range shots to the power meter is just plain bullshit that inflates the time needed to clear a base.

Edit: Considering changing the enemy level settings...

Last edited:

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
The shitty performance of the game as well as the freezing is driving me up the wall.
Also, I just broke the quest 'The Liberator' because I cleared out the quarry before interacting with the messenger.

40 hours into this game and I still feel like an under-powered newbie.
In Origins, I was a killing machine at this point, clearing out entire bases by head-shotting everyone without stopping.
In this game, tying the long range shots to the power meter is just plain bullshit that inflates the time needed to clear a base.

Edit: Considering changing the enemy level settings...

The gear drives your damage modifiers much more than your level or stats. Falling behind on gear causes level-scaled enemies to improve more than you're improving, per level-up. With properly leveled gear, you'll never be quite the OP predator-shot maniac that Bayek was but you'll be pretty close.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just circled around a house backwards spamming arrows while I tried to kill a cultist in an enemy base while also being pursued by 2 mercenaries (forced bounty), that shit is tedious.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Just circled around a house backwards spamming arrows while I tried to kill a cultist in an enemy base while also being pursued by 2 mercenaries (forced bounty), that shit is tedious.
The exact same thing happened to me an hour ago and ... I died :( had to do it all over again. Mercenaries can be a pain in the ass, but somehow these moments can give you a massive motivation boost - if u survive...

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well, I did it, got all of the games achievements that are currently available. Close to lvl60. Cant wait to see what comes next in the dlc.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
So I beat the odyssey quest line (the Deimos one) as Alexios and he was pretty great in it. I don't understand the complaints and for me personally, I felt like I could connect and get more immersed as a guy playing a guy. Just my preference. I'm glad they gave a choice. He was completely fine in the context of the world and story and none of the other things I've seen of Kass ever convinced me I made the wrong choice, she seemed about the same. It was pretty shity to read that one thread about 2/3 picking Alexios and everyone shitting on that. Kind of made me feel bad to pick him for some reason for a bit.

Anyway. Pretty great game so far. On to the other stuff like the cult and Gates quests.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Think I'm 95% of the way there just from playing normally, only the underwater locations are annoying. At least it's not Origins where they literally made you complete every location. Too bad I don't care about achievements since there is no actual platinum.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Easy but tedious. Visiting all the underwater locations was not on to do list. I didn't really want to do any board missions either. There were already too many things. I think I ended up completing like 75% of the trophies.

Oh well.
That one wasn't too bad. I had most of them completed by the time I finished the main story. There are some good guides out there that show you where all 42 of them are. The guide PowerPyx made is especially helpful.

The most annoying trophy for me personally was Hermes's Homey, which required you to set foot in all regions. Some of them are damn hard to see on the map unless you zoom all the way in.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to complete the huntress camps after you became the leader of the daughters of Artemis?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm closing in on 90 hours and I've barely touched the main storyline. I've just about eliminated all the cultists that I can so far, got quite a few locked behind the story.

I've been working on this game for almost two months now, feel like I've got at least two more weeks until I'm done. My backlog is never gonna clear up at this rate. Persona 5 isn't gonna help either. Think I'm gonna play a couple indies after this one.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how I can find the new tiers of Mercenaries? I've been picking off any that I come across but they're always my level or below.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I dont know whats wrong with this games its crashed my PS4 pro several times now, the console refuses to boot unless I hold the power button.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I dont know whats wrong with this games its crashed my PS4 pro several times now, the console refuses to boot unless I hold the power button.

i had issues where the game would start to stutter, the player character would disappear, and sometimes the game would freeze completely and require a restart but nothing that required me to reboot the console completely.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeesh, sounds like a problem with your hardware. :|

I hope not I didn't buy it all that long ago and Assasins Creed is the only game that does it. Its not during gameplay, its only when its first loading.

i had issues where the game would start to stutter, the player character would disappear, and sometimes the game would freeze completely and require a restart but nothing that required me to reboot the console completely.

I've also had similar to this, the game would slow down like crazy and then I'd see a character glitching, basically a mesh stretched out to infinity.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finished the story, going for the platin, can I lower the difficulty or will this actually make me slower in terms of xp?

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this on the One X a few days ago, and this game has frozen up on me about three times, and crashed on me about five times—usually when quickly going through the menus, or loading an auto save.

Has Odyssey for the Xbox One been like this since launch, or was this introduced in one of the patches?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this on the One X a few days ago, and this game has frozen up on me about three times, and crashed on me about five times—usually when quickly going through the menus, or loading an auto save.

Has Odyssey for the Xbox One been like this since launch, or was this introduced in one of the patches?
Internal drive or external. Had similar issues on the Pro, decided to put in a spare SSD (for X this could be external) and that remedied all of my issues.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know where I can purchase the official novelization in audiobook format in the United States?

I've checked all the major English language retailers in Europe and none of them will allow me to purchase the audiobook with a credit card from the U.S.

It is a shame the publisher has restricted the audiobook to regions outside the U.S. I really enjoy listening to these books when I'm cooking or doing chores.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
It's on the internal drive. I'll transfer it tonight, see if that fixes things. Thanks!
Played for a couple of hours today, and haven't experienced any freezing or crashing, so this seems to be the solution. Thanks again.

So... I was pretty happy to see that Odyssey had a manual save function; really wanted this in Origins. But what is up with the auto save? It does it constantly in like minute-long intervals. Why isn't there an option to adjust how often the game auto saves? Or just disable it outright?

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
New Radeon drivers out

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 Highlights
Support For

• APEX Legends™
  • The Division™ 2 Private Beta
  • Assassin's Creed™: Odyssey
    • Up to 5% performance improvement with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 on a Radeon™ RX Vega 64. RS-285
Fixed Issues
  • Battlefield™ V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived.
  • Radeon Settings may fail to install while doing a software update on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
  • Some displays may experience a loss of video when launching a fullscreen application with Radeon FreeSync enabled.
  • Anthem™ may experience a white screen or corruption while playing or launching the game.
  • Radeon Settings may experience a crash if the user changes tabs quickly with a very large game list.
  • Fixed an issue where Radeon Settings update notifications may suggest older driver releases to upgrade to.
  • HDMI Underscan settings may not retain after system restart.
  • Radeon ReLive may intermittently experience captured recordings or Instant Replays with inverted colors.

Just downloaded the new driver

This is the change I saw on my 1700X 3.8GHz and RX 480

51363307_2367214283290120_5584122178233696256_o.jpg

Those massive spikes in frametime are gone.

Last edited:

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

I've had 3 crashes since the latest patch and 0 before it. I don't know if it makes a difference but I use energy saver so the game gets a fresh boot every time, in case you're using suspend and instant on.

Edit: I should add that's 3 crashes in around 12 hours of play time.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, the other day I had something really weird happen.

I was swimming to an island, and about halfway there my health bar and everything popped up like an enemy appeared and a battle was about to start. I turned around to see a lion swimming after me, a lion that just appeared out of nowhere. It eventually stopped as I reached dry land. I watched as it swam around in a circle before going in the opposite direction for a little bit and then suddenly dying.

Needless to say, me and Kassandra both walked away in complete bewilderment.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Heh, the other day I had something really weird happen.

I was swimming to an island, and about halfway there my health bar and everything popped up like an enemy appeared and a battle was about to start. I turned around to see a lion swimming after me, a lion that just appeared out of nowhere. It eventually stopped as I reached dry land. I watched as it swam around in a circle before going in the opposite direction for a little bit and then suddenly dying.

Needless to say, me and Kassandra both walked away in complete bewilderment.
I don't think that's what they mean when they talk about sea lions...

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing earlier and after I knocked a guy off a tower he yelled at me "get back here!" as he fell to his death. Reminded me of the black knight from Holy Grail

Zousi

Oct 31, 2017
Malaka! Finally finished the three main narratives after 90-100hrs. Well, it was an enjoyable if not totally memorable ride while it lasted. The one thing that was quite annoying was those endless fetching/rescuing narratives during the missions. Ubisoft, surely you can come up with something better in terms of writing. Even Kassandra seemed to be fed up with these in the end. Might still do a few missions here and there, but yeah, time to put this in bed.

Last edited:

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So i jumped back in today to finally start the dlc missions, and i was wondering something. I thought they said that all the extra xp you earned after hitting level 50 would be automatically applied after the level cap increase. But i know i had a ton of extra xp but i'm still level 50. Did i misread this somewhere or is my game bugged?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
So i jumped back in today to finally start the dlc missions, and i was wondering something. I thought they said that all the extra xp you earned after hitting level 50 would be automatically applied after the level cap increase. But i know i had a ton of extra xp but i'm still level 50. Did i misread this somewhere or is my game bugged?

I don't think you were supposed to get the additional levels, just the ability points.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Nope. They said that with the specific update you're referring to, you'd get all of the back XP you'd earned after hitting the level cap. The assumption was that this meant level-ups. I don't know if they changed things on the fly for technical reasons or there was a miscommunication, but the update only gave ability points in lieu of actual level increases.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I just finished the main quest and I think I got the worst ending possible. Never had that happen to me before but I'm not surprised. It seemed like I made the wrong decision just about every time.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The "bad" ending for the main storyline would be your entire family dies and you're alone.
Damn, that's brutal. I could see
not sparing Deimos because he's an ass and all (brainwashed or not), but how does one get Myrrine to die? ;_; In my ending I had both Deimos and Myrrine, but I happily murdered the Wolf (fuck people who toss babies and children off cliffs) and I didn't even get the option to spare his stupid adopted "son" so I kicked his ass too. :3

Oct 28, 2017
not sparing Deimos because he's an ass and all (brainwashed or not), but how does one get Myrrine to die? ;_; In my ending I had both Deimos and Myrrine, but I happily murdered the Wolf (fuck people who toss babies and children off cliffs) and I didn't even get the option to spare his stupid adopted "son" so I kicked his ass too. :3
You can spare the "son" if you let the wolf live and speak with him later and respond a certain way. My family lived happily ever after so I'm not 100% sure but I think Deimos will kill Myrrine depending on what you said to him while you were locked up.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

Alexios killed her. He pretended that he was sorry and then ran her through with his sword when Kassandra's guard was down. Then I had dinner alone at home. It was pretty sad.