• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Is there any way to
kill Deimos but save Myrrine, then? I imagine you'd be alone with your mom at the end, which is a bit sad but not too bad.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to
kill Deimos but save Myrrine, then? I imagine you'd be alone with your mom at the end, which is a bit sad but not too bad.

There was a moment before he killed her where I could have saved her I think. Right before he gets close enough to kill her you have a dialogue choice to threaten his life or keep trying to spare him.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Project Stream free code won't be redeemable until at least Feb 25 according to the email I got.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Do all stat buffs on your weapons always apply, or just the one you're using? For example say I'm using a sword atm, but I also have a spear with poison buff (that's holstered). Will that poison buff from the inactive spear apply while I'm using the sword?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Do all stat buffs on your weapons always apply, or just the one you're using? For example say I'm using a sword atm, but I also have a spear with poison buff (that's holstered). Will that poison buff from the inactive spear apply while I'm using the sword?
No. Active weapons only.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Depends on the buff. Active weapon effects like fire or poison damage only apply to the one you're wielding, while stat increases and ability modifiers apply even if the weapon is holstered.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
110 hours, level 65 and all 3 main storylines are DONE! What a ride, fantastic fucking game. I still have a like half of the lost tales of Greece to do, and the second DLC pack. I may take a break though and jump into the Spider-Man DLC that I never got around to.

Question for those of you that finished the Cult of Kosmos storyline.
Did you end up letting Aspasia live? and did you romance her? I just couldn't, I had to take her down. But I'm wondering what happens if you let her live and/or romance her?

Ohh also overall all 3 ending thoughts.
there are a shit ton of implications here for the rest of the series. Basically Kassandra is alive for the entire history of the Assassin Order. I mean it seemed to me it was hinted that she was some how involved behind the scenes maybe pushing the order, helping it out in places. I have to wonder if we're going to get a sequel with her. Shit you could have it take place anywhere in the history of the Assassin order. Let her give the spear to Herodotus and take on a regular assassin hidden blade.

Wheeeww either way, really enjoyed this ride, and I really hope they build on these implications.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Did you end up letting Aspasia live? and did you romance her? I just couldn't, I had to take her down. But I'm wondering what happens if you let her live and/or romance her?
Fuck no. That woman is a liar (as the cultist clues say), she's manipulative, and she got Phoibe killed. I murdered the shit out of her. :P

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I kissed her. I think there was a little more dialogue, and then nothing happens after, she basically just disappears from the game world, same as if you killed her, and it still marks her as "defeated."

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Only need to upgrade the ship for the Platin but this will be a drag, I'm constantly running out of wood yet I still have to upgrade 4x which is ~ 7000 wood.
I was tempted to buy a booster but even the best pack only gives 3k wood ._.

Jan 29, 2018
Only need to upgrade the ship for the Platin but this will be a drag, I'm constantly running out of wood yet I still have to upgrade 4x which is ~ 7000 wood.

Loot war supplies before you burn them, and cleave a lot of ships in two.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the 2nd DLC minutes ago.

I gotta say .. I really admire Ubisoft's content road map. The new story plus side missions are a good couple of hours and obviously you'll be leveling up by other radiant things like conflicts etc all the while, although XP accumulation is just as incredibly slow as before without any kind of boosters.

I like the story of the DLC so far and am eagerly awaiting the third (and final ?) DLC chapter.Odyssey is by far the best AC game over the last many years and I'm glad Ubisoft are putting more into this game instead of immediately severing all bridges and jumping into development of the next one.

That baby has a very creepy laugh and animation.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
After 115 hours, finished the base game with all quests and locations.
I have been on an Assassin's Creed franchise playthrough since September. Feels a bit empty now. Welp. :(

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017

Have you been upping your mercenary rank? Has you move up you get perks, and one of them is that it cuts upgrade prices.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
After 115 hours, finished the base game with all quests and locations.
I have been on an Assassin's Creed franchise playthrough since September. Feels a bit empty now. Welp. :(

There's still 1 more episode of the DLC left. A fitting epilogue to your odyssey hopefully.

edit: I forgot, there's supposed to be a 3 piece Atlantis story arc as well.

4KLobster

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Well, never played an Assassin's Creed in my (sooo long ;) gamer's life and still I fancy Ancient Greece and heard good things re: how AC had become a good WRPG took the plunge during XMas sale...

... 65h later, in barely 40 days, hit level 50 just reaching episode 7 of the story.

This game is so funny:
- Forts invasions going south with reinforcements and Mercenaries wreaking havoc
- Side-missions going from "glorified copy-paste" to plain "WOW !, side quest ?"
the Kyea sidequest is really involved and quite the nice story, ended bittersweet for me with Kyra sobbing through our parting ways, could see Kassandra coming back to her once her adventures are over, other "romances" are quite shallow - though I guess it can be broken if one goes straight after the Leader
- Abilities make fighting quite interesting with increased tiers offering new possibilities (boucing rush assassination between Elite can be fun)
- great gameplay loop with new abilities, new gear, new upgrades for the ship (ship fights only become balanced when once one has significantly upgraded the ship, at leaston Hard)...
- ... which lasts until late into the game (now re-tuning my build with mastery levels, pumping up the Crit % on full health)
- conquests offer different gameplay though not very deep, nice "side-activity" (though some Greek Gwent would be best)
-
Mythical creatures are really challenging and somewhat frightening, was clanching my pad quite hard as I progressed through the maze to face the Minotaur, who I somehow beat on my first try... speaking of such creatures, the Cyclops was much harder - at least for a assassin/warrior - and I had to go down to Normal to beat him. Of note that while on hard I almost got him a few times, he had much less health on Normal, better, and much less challenging fighting moves, bad... wished opponents were less spongy in hard, with same challenge as far as fighting style is concerned
- Nice to meet historical figures such as Perikles, Eurypides, Sokrates...

With a family of four, busy work, 65h in 40 days, never thought I would get so much into an AC game (is this an AC game ?), kudos to Ubisoft for the gorgeous and engrossing game!

Not there yet, stay tuned...

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Did my game bug out? I have a mission to collect 3 seals from Spartan Polemarchs and do some sabotage in their camps... so I do that for a while, and I swear I had 3 seals, but I also levelled up. Unfortunately I spent my upgrade point on the wrong ability. Instead of spending money to respec I figured it'd be just as easy to reload the game to a save from a minute ago (when I levelled). Anyway, I do that and begin heading back to turn in the quest, but I realize I don't have 3 seals. Huh? Well it's possible I was mistaken and only collected two (though I'm 90% there were three separate seals in my inventory) but the real issue is that the quest progress is telling me I only have ONE seal, when there are clearly TWO in my inventory. So, what the hell? lol my last save before taking this mission is HOURS old... do I have to revert back to fix this? Or am I just dumb? I hope it's the latter.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.

Smarch.png

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Monthly update is set for tomorrow according to Assassin's Creed twitter (no statement, just answering the 234 people asking). We sold have more informations about the next episode.

Can't wait to see again my husband-who-I-don't-even-remember-the-name. Hope he is ok with open relationships 'cause I definitely romanced the two bothers

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand photo of the day... these shots usually look heavily edited, like someone touched them up in photoshop. The other day I saw a shot that looked painted with strokes... far as I can tell that's impossible with photo mode tools. So what the heck?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Monthly update is set for tomorrow according to Assassin's Creed twitter (no statement, just answering the 234 people asking). We sold have more informations about the next episode.

Can't wait to see again my husband-who-I-don't-even-remember-the-name. Hope he is ok with open relationships 'cause I definitely romanced the two bothers
Both of them?! But they're such N E R D S. Did Coward-bro or PTSD-bro get sloppy seconds? XD

I'm loving these add-on missions, though. And there seem to be a bunch more on the way as the trophy list still has a bunch of blank trophies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
If I sync with all the viewpoints and no gold exclamation marks appear on the map, does that mean there's no side-quests in a particular region, that I haven't found them yet?

Think I'm gonna skip all the outposts and animal dens and focus on the actual quests, because that's where the great material is

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the main game after a couple weeks of plugging away at it. I'm gonna miss playing as Kassandra.

I wish they would've just made her the main character for the modern stuff moving forward. Oh well.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
If they ever gonna add a discovery mode similar to that of Origins I hope the tour guide voice is a very excited Barnabas .

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so seems there's an Alpha Bear in one of the Chios island caves that is...immortal if you tame him? It's hilarious lmao. He has taken an entire Artemis village by himself with instant health regen on every hit rofl

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I just "unlocked" the cultist stuff in the main story - holy shit! This game just keeps getting better and better! I love it!

I'm maybe 2 hours ahead of you in terms of the game. I also can't believe it. Like every new mission I do it unlocks a new branch of something. And then there is the DLC......

And then I zoom out on the map and get overwhelmed. It's going to be a long time with this one.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I keep waiting for the season pass to get discounted. Already beat the main campaign and took a break but itching to get back to it.

RogueDeadGuy

Jan 27, 2019
Did my game bug out? I have a mission to collect 3 seals from Spartan Polemarchs and do some sabotage in their camps... so I do that for a while, and I swear I had 3 seals, but I also levelled up. Unfortunately I spent my upgrade point on the wrong ability. Instead of spending money to respec I figured it'd be just as easy to reload the game to a save from a minute ago (when I levelled). Anyway, I do that and begin heading back to turn in the quest, but I realize I don't have 3 seals. Huh? Well it's possible I was mistaken and only collected two (though I'm 90% there were three separate seals in my inventory) but the real issue is that the quest progress is telling me I only have ONE seal, when there are clearly TWO in my inventory. So, what the hell? lol my last save before taking this mission is HOURS old... do I have to revert back to fix this? Or am I just dumb? I hope it's the latter.

It might be the mission where you have to get 3 specific polemarchs, not any 3 polemarchs. I'd recommend checking that out again.

If I sync with all the viewpoints and no gold exclamation marks appear on the map, does that mean there's no side-quests in a particular region, that I haven't found them yet?

Think I'm gonna skip all the outposts and animal dens and focus on the actual quests, because that's where the great material is

Some missions you have to get physically near them to trigger, I know I didn't even trigger the Hippocrates questline until I was looking for it for the platinum after I did all the endings.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the 3 main stories and got the best ending after 92 hours.
Wow, that took a while.

I think I'm going to leave the game alone till the DLC have all been released.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Are assassinations and headshots 100% chance to crit? I was assuming yes and building all my gear around that, but now I'm wondering...

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, both headshots and assassinations can crit, and, confusingly, critical assassinations aren't affected by critical damage modifiers.
Yeah i've been reading online a bit and it's really damn confusing. Quite annoyed to be completely honest. Apparently headshots are suddenly their own thing, and most crit mods like "% when full health" don't even apply. I spent a bunch of time and resources last night on an archer build that I couldn't understand why it was so fucking bad... only to realize it was a complete waste of my night (and days of hoarding hunter gear) and they apparently strealth nerfed archers and now crit stats don't make any fucking sense unless you get a PhD in Odyssey wiki. I probably could've fully upgraded my ship with the money and resources I spent upgrading and engraving all my old hunter gear to get it up to level.

Quite annoyed. Huge waste.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the platinum trophy, which wasn't too hard because I had already gotten a lot of the trophies by just naturally playing the game. So when the time came to get the remaining trophies it wasn't too bad.

I've been spending a lot of time with Odyssey and there's a few other games I want to play right now so I'll probably take a break to focus on other things. I'll probably come back when the third episode of the DLC releases to start the DLC. Overall, I really enjoyed my time with Odyssey and I'm excited to see what Ubisoft will do next for the series.