• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
wow, I think episode 3 is even worse than 2. Felt super rushed,
they throw in a vague connection to Origins at the end and you dont even kill all the order members organically? I'm missing 3 lol.

The whole thing was a shitshow and I'm a huge Odyssey fanboy, and I thought the Origins DLC was fantastic, hell even the first one was good compared to this. Huge disapointment, not sure what to expect from the Atlantis dlc now tbh.

Eehm, so now we do not use spoiler tags anymore?! There's other people still wanting to play this... -_-

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Eehm, so now we do not use spoiler tags anymore?! There's other people still wanting to play this... -_-

really dude, thats the thing youre upset by? I didnt even say anything specific, just that it has a vague ass tie to Origins, I mean we know its a prequel. It's "diablo is the last boss of diablo 3 omg spoilers" all over again.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Just reached Athens after 20 hours (currently level 22). Damn, this game is massive.

Also I do not see problem with leveling up, doing side quests (which are damn good for most part) and bounties levels up you without any problem.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Sometimes I feel like the game is a little too big. I think Origins was more reasonable, especially if you include the DLC locations.
I mean yeah, I partially agree. Game reminds me a lot of The Witcher 3 in terms of number of locations and quests. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but on the other hand I try to get most of my games, so I look forward to Platinum this game (as well as DLCs).

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Odyssey Fashion

My ultimate Mercenary look

46440374875_c74bb8c463_o.png

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Head - Helmet of Keres - standard item
Gloves - Braces of the Brave - Lion Pack
Chest - Top of the Food Chain - Shark Pack
Waist - Skeletal Remains - Wild Boar Pack
Boots - Hunter's Treads - Lion Pack
Spear - Armor-Piercing Spear of Unbreakable - Legacy of the First Blade Episode 2
Bow - Pessesh en Gerrehh - some blue item I got from Olympian Gift

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yooo, how come since around level 20-ish my spartan kick doesn't knock people off ledges anymore? I even leveled it up and it still doesn't work.
That was my favorite thing to do in the game!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just reached Athens after 20 hours (currently level 22). Damn, this game is massive.

Also I do not see problem with leveling up, doing side quests (which are damn good for most part) and bounties levels up you without any problem.
That was my experience, I also didn't mind completing a lot of the locations just because of the bonus experience and extra gear you'd get that I would then dismantle into materials for upgrading.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I played the last DLC with the option of Kass oiled up and not wearing armor/clothes - it was amusing.
But I went back to the amazon looking armor/outfit, because it was just too weird.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question - I'm not that far into the game (seeing the Oracle) and I keep coming across enemies where my 'take shield away' ability won't work against.

Am I doing anything wrong? Am I supposed to be able to tell who's shield I can rip off and who I can't?

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question - I'm not that far into the game (seeing the Oracle) and I keep coming across enemies where my 'take shield away' ability won't work against.

Am I doing anything wrong? Am I supposed to be able to tell who's shield I can rip off and who I can't?

You probably need to upgrade the ability so you can also destroy big shields.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey was my game of the year last year. I spent over a hundred hours in it and I loved it.

Here I am an hour and a half into the last episode of the First Blade DLC and I just turned off the game because I don't care. I just don't care. Maybe I'll burn through it when Atlantis drops, or when more of the free quest updates drop, but right now I don't care.

The gap in quality between the main game and First Blade is astounding. It's not even the forced romance to the whiny-ass cardboard cutout (I hear Alexios' companion is better(?), but Kassandra's is TERRIBLE). It's not even the removal of your freedom of choice to tell your character's story. It's not even the problematic aspects of the story they're forcing on you.

First Blade has nothing to offer. There's no new areas, very few new assets, and one of the blandest stories with the blandest characters in a game BRIMMING with amazing quests and people. I get through a grueling hour-long intro to this episode complete with one of the biggest bullshit fights imaginable only to be told I need to clear three forts I already cleared back in the base game. And I just don't care.

That's all this DLC is. It's replaying the base game. It's replaying stuff I've already done. Maybe if the story grabbed me at all the lack of new material wouldn't matter--certainly, I've enjoyed all of the Lost Tales so far. But right now I just don't care.

God, I hope to hell Atlantis is better than this, because First Blade has actually hurt my feelings on Odyssey as a whole.

Last edited:

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Yeah, while Odyssey's base game is arguably better than Origins, Origins DLC, both of them, shit all over Odyssey's DLC. At least this first one. We'll see what they do next.

They have teased that with there being no AC game in 2019, that we'll be getting more Odyssey DLC beyond Atlantis.
I just hope they don't fall back on the excuse of the base game's world being so huge as to not offer new areas.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I finally got around to finishing act 3 of the hidden blade. I gotta say this DLC was pretty much a disapointment. It was more of the same for the most part, which wasn't necessarily bad. Just not what I expected. Origins two DLC had new areas, a great story and new likable characters. Hell it even had some new gear and horses to ride.

So far Hidden Blade is basically a new side quest. No new areas, the same enemies (for the most part), and Darius and his son/daughter are not the best in terms of characters. None of it is bad, but it's a very bland 7/10 in a game I thought was a 9/10 previously.

Atlantis better be on par with Curse of the Pharohs in terms of amazing new content or I'll have to pass on the next games DLC.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So I finally got around to finishing act 3 of the hidden blade. I gotta say this DLC was pretty much a disapointment. It was more of the same for the most part, which wasn't necessarily bad. Just not what I expected. Origins two DLC had new areas, a great story and new likable characters. Hell it even had some new gear and horses to ride.

So far Hidden Blade is basically a new side quest. No new areas, the same enemies (for the most part), and Darius and his son/daughter are not the best in terms of characters. None of it is bad, but it's a very bland 7/10 in a game I thought was a 9/10 previously.

Atlantis better be on par with Curse of the Pharohs in terms of amazing new content or I'll have to pass on the next games DLC.

I knew from the start the first expansion was going to be disappointing, that's why I never bought the season pass even though I'm very interested in AC3 and the second one.

Without a new area it just literally feels like it's more of the same when the base game already had way too much content already. I really hope they go all out with Atlantis and do something great.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew from the start the first expansion was going to be disappointing, that's why I never bought the season pass even though I'm very interested in AC3 and the second one.

Without a new area it just literally feels like it's more of the same when the base game already had way too much content already. I really hope they go all out with Atlantis and do something great.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Hidden Blades is bad. If you liked the structure of the base game then you will probably enjoy Hidden Blades as well (minus the shitty forced choices). It's just nothing new and exciting and I expected more after Origins had some of the best DLC ever made for a game.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
For fuck sake, apparently, I just found an item at the bottom of the sea, which spoils who the main leader of the cult is...

Plum

May 31, 2018
So I've only just finished Chapter 5 and I'm already at Level 50. I feel that I've already progressed too fast (which is perhaps my fault as I did buy the XP boost and went through a whole bunch of side quests) because finishing the Odyssey and Cultist storylines now is just going to be a matter of going through the motions.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The dangers of the open-world game. To be fair, randomly stumbling upon what you did is probably incredibly unlikely.

Don't know if you already finished the main line and the cultist plot, but here's what I found:

At the bottom of the sea I have found a "ship crew item". Particularly Cultists of Kosmos crew, in its description it says that after Kleon's death, many cultists have went to the sea and were available for hire

It's especially baffling that next to the chest where this item was, there was a chest you needed to open to get the location of a minor cultist. I would love this not to be true, but I pretty much made my peace with it already

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Hidden Blades is bad. If you liked the structure of the base game then you will probably enjoy Hidden Blades as well (minus the shitty forced choices). It's just nothing new and exciting and I expected more after Origins had some of the best DLC ever made for a game.

That's exactly the point though. The base game already has an absurd amount of content so paying money for largely more of the same isn't very enticing.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if you already finished the main line and the cultist plot, but here's what I found:

At the bottom of the sea I have found a "ship crew item". Particularly Cultists of Kosmos crew, in its description it says that after Kleon's death, many cultists have went to the sea and were available for hire

It's especially baffling that next to the chest where this item was, there was a chest you needed to open to get the location of a minor cultist. I would love this not to be true, but I pretty much made my peace with it already

Oh yeah, I had it all done a couple days after Episode 3 was out, so I can't be spoiled. I already found all the clues, though it was kind of a pain finding them in this last chapter.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've only just finished Chapter 5 and I'm already at Level 50. I feel that I've already progressed too fast (which is perhaps my fault as I did buy the XP boost and went through a whole bunch of side quests) because finishing the Odyssey and Cultist storylines now is just going to be a matter of going through the motions.

Everything levels with you so don't worry you can't really "out level" the story missions. You can't out level anything, and you can level all the way up to level 99 if you want, so have fun bro!

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those of you who have finished The Legacy of the First Blade DLC.

What did you think of the ending? I mean I kind of saw it coming but it was still really cool to see the descendants of Kassandra flash by on the screen until Aya appeared. Makes room for some pretty interesting story. What happened in the 400 years between Kassandra and Aya? How did Cleopatra end up with Darius' hidden blade? So much good shit to explore.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017

I just came across this by accident as well lol. There was a clue to one of the cultists but there was no mention of the person you brought up I'm pretty sure...? Must have missed it until I read your post lol 😓

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I just came across this by accident as well lol. There was a clue to one of the cultists but there was no mention of the person you brought up I'm pretty sure...? Must have missed it until I read your post lol 😓

So did my post spoil you or the item? :( There are two chests there, one has the clue, the other one has an item which's description spoils the story

I think what I write below is safe for everyone and serves as a warning:

For clarification to everyone else: there is a chance you might get a Cult of Kosmos ship crew way earlier than before you wipe them all off. Do not read the ship crew description as it gives away who their main leader is.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
So did my post spoil you or the item? :( There are two chests there, one has the clue, the other one has an item which's description spoils the story

I think what I write below is safe for everyone and serves as a warning:

For clarification to everyone else: there is a chance you might get a Cult of Kosmos ship crew way earlier than before you wipe them all off. Do not read the ship crew description as it gives away who their main leader is.
While that ship crew does spoil a cult member, it doesn't spoil the leader.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Question... I'm siding with Athens in battles. After I win it, every time I do a fort, I start lowering the influence of the side I just fought for.

Is this normal?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't exactly hide who the leader of the cult is.

Question... I'm siding with Athens in battles. After I win it, every time I do a fort, I start lowering the influence of the side I just fought for.

Is this normal?

Yes. Now Athens controls the region so you're killing Athenian guards. None of the conquest battles have any impact on the game storyline so explore and grind to your hearts content.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
What's the best Helix store gear you can get?

And when's the best time to get it?

I know you have to keep upgrading it to use it, so is that a reason not to get them?

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just starting the game now...please tell me i can block when i get a shield because this parry is horrible

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
For those of you who have finished The Legacy of the First Blade DLC.

What did you think of the ending? I mean I kind of saw it coming but it was still really cool to see the descendants of Kassandra flash by on the screen until Aya appeared. Makes room for some pretty interesting story. What happened in the 400 years between Kassandra and Aya? How did Cleopatra end up with Darius' hidden blade? So much good shit to explore.
It was bad.

First a pyramid and the sphynx being built in the background? When all pyramids and ancient monuments where built thousands of years before the game's time period? Like that's basic shit. Other than that it makes the entire game pointless, because Layla in Modern Day already has Aya's DNA, so she didn't need to do the whole spear thing. Not only that, but they established in II that the Animus could find ancestors, so the idea that it wouldn't discover the Aya-Kassandra connection is ludicrous. Not only that but I'm like 90% sure the writers for the DLC were thinking "Oh, I read that Aya gave Bayek the Hidden Bladein the last game, and she was half-greek so let's give her a reason to have it" without realising the other game had said that it was given to her by Cleopatra and that half-greek means half greek. It's a retcon plain and simple and a clumsily handled one.
Honestly the writing for the entire DLC was actual garbage.