• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About 30 min and Kassandra is such a lovable character.
Enjoy the ride my friend! After a hundred plus hours I still find myself coming back to this occasionally. The more I play it the more I think it's one of the best looking games ever made. Not from a straight technical stand point but from an attention to detail and how large the game is. It's like they actually created ancient Greece.

I'm jealous, I wish I could experience it all for the first time again.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Surgical Sniper Achievement broken? Been getting streaks of headshot kills, full health gauge and otherwise, Golden Harbinger equipped as primary and secondary weapon, and it's just stuck at 90%

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i just can´t understand why there is no FOV/zoom in option on consoles...the character is so fucking tiny on a big screen, especially when running that it is hilarious. you can´t even appreciate all the armor because well, the character is too small.

in a game which can last over 100hours, an option to zoom in/out on the character should be a no brainer. if not seamless a 3 option choice would have been a minimum, character cam low/middle/far and it would be fine, no option just sucks.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
i just can´t understand why there is no FOV/zoom in option on consoles...the character is so fucking tiny on a big screen, especially when running that it is hilarious. you can´t even appreciate all the armor because well, the character is too small.

in a game which can last over 100hours, an option to zoom in/out on the character should be a no brainer. if not seamless a 3 option choice would have been a minimum, character cam low/middle/far and it would be fine, no option just sucks.

Totally agree - it zooms out way too much when you're running at full tilt.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Custom gear load outs were added in the latest patch!

This has been my most requested feature since hitting end game because I have five different builds I like to switch between.

Edit: New splash screen gives a peak at what the new area in the Atlantis DLC will look like and it's spectacular.

Edit 2: It's not in the patch notes but there's also now a compare button when looking at gear in your inventory or in shops.

Edit 3: The introductory quests to Atlantis already do more to advance the story than Bloodlines did.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not done with the Odyssey storyline yet (I did finish the modern day portion). I want to get it done before Atlantis. Do you think I could skip the Hidden Blade DLC and just jump straight into Atlantis after I finish the main story?

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm not done with the Odyssey storyline yet (I did finish the modern day portion). I want to get it done before Atlantis. Do you think I could skip the Hidden Blade DLC and just jump straight into Atlantis after I finish the main story?
That's what I am planning to do. Hopefully. I'm still debating if it's worth getting the season pass which is still on sale on uk PSN for the next few hours. £25 would get me both extensions plus ass 3 and liberation. But hidden blade is supposed to be not worth it and i wasn't to keen on ass 3 (but wouldn't mind checking out the remaster). I could also wait for the Atlantis dlc on it's own to save few more quid.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
am i the only one who thinks the mission struture is awful?

im a huge AC fan and loved Origins but something about odyssey is really off.

i just upgraded the spear for the first time(level 13 so far) and i have no idea where to go with no mission or story mission in sight.

i have a mission that is level 15 but no way im doing that one because im not there yet in terms of level , am i suppose to grind until im level 15?

also i dont know if its coming off of RDR2 but the horse and world building , the paths and stuff are also really strange and i loved travelling in my horse in origins.

Oct 28, 2017

i just upgraded the spear for the first time(level 13 so far) and i have no idea where to go with no mission or story mission in sight.

i have a mission that is level 15 but no way im doing that one because im not there yet in terms of level , am i suppose to grind until im level 15?

also i dont know if its coming off of RDR2 but the horse and world building , the paths and stuff are also really strange and i loved travelling in my horse in origins.
There must be some sort of marker, have you also checked in the mission tab?

Also you don't need to grind, it's only 2 levels so it won't be much of a hinderance.

Oct 28, 2017

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The atlantis prologue was super promising. This is exactly the kind of shit I miss from AC games, and this small intro mission has done more interesting things with the myth arc than the previous few games combined. I hope the actual DLC continues with this. It's about damn time.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The new mission is great and a welcome return to form. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the DLC is made this way.

I believe that when all is said and done, the free quests will form a medium sized-DLC (about 6 hours long?) And it's all for free. They're some of the best storylines in the game too.

Insane support from Ubisoft.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished the Atlantis intro quest last night, a bit tedious making me go back to a bunch of places I'd already been, but the setup for the new zone was worth it. You can't go there yet obviously but they tease it and I'm super duper excited.

Also the new Tales quest with Barnabas is hilarious. I didn't finish it but I think I'm on the last step. These Tales of Greece quests have been great free content.

Also, of import to me, they finally fixed the bug which didn't reward me Abraxis the Immortal Horse for finishing the Mercenary tiers! I logged in to discover I finally had the horse in my inventory! Thank god!

Also, I don't know if it was in this patch but there seems to be a shit load of new Fast Travel Eagle Viewpoints in the game. Mostly on the islands. I think I counted 12 new ones in areas I had previously 100% completed. Does anyone know if this was recent or did I somehow miss this in a previous patch? (I hadn't spent much time in the isles since Hidden Blade was on the mainland).

ColonelT

Oct 27, 2017
Also, I don't know if it was in this patch but there seems to be a shit load of new Fast Travel Eagle Viewpoints in the game. Mostly on the islands. I think I counted 12 new ones in areas I had previously 100% completed. Does anyone know if this was recent or did I somehow miss this in a previous patch? (I hadn't spent much time in the isles since Hidden Blade was on the mainland).
They added something like 25 more viewpoints in a previous patch, but there seem to be even more as of the latest. Not 100 percent certain about that though.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The game bugged. I'm scared

(this week free quest spoiler)
D3kr-ACWkAEUbaY.jpg:large

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Atlantis DLC intro mission has got me hype. PS unless the new DLC offers huge xp I'm not sure I'll get much further than my current level 80.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Damn, these new quests (not just the Atlantis preface) are fairly substantial.
And they added a ton more synchronization points, which my OCD has to take care of right away!

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
I started NG+ last week and want to 100% everything. I've got over 200 hours total in the game and the news that the next AC will be Vikings makes me starry eyed.

I really love the pure assassin build. Pirate armor, the Assassin damage++ swords, and Rush Assassinate with the engraving that gives you +1 chain is just ridiculous. My base assassin damage is a little under 200k. My stealth critical will one-shot anybody.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool! AC: Skyrim!
Just as long as they let you play as a woman (who's voice acting it good like Kass), then I'll be all over it!

Though sounds like they're doubling down on the boat/ships aspect, which I'm not the biggest fan of.

Yeah the boat stuff in Odyssey is just alright for me. I didn't hate it but it always felt silly to be out on these stupid boats when the world of Greece was so beautifully crafted.

I swear this game is like a fantasy for me. Sometimes I go back to cities and areas and just walk around looking shit because it looks so damn amazing and I wish I had more to do there haha.

At this point I only have the isle of Lemnos (?) or something like that to finish and it isn't very big. I keep putting it off.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they would drop the ship/boats stuff from these games. I seriously loathe them, its just not fun to me.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Just started the game myself. Level 5, but it just feels off.

Also what's up with the amount of loading, its ridiculous? Also any way to skip some of the cutscenes? (I never do, but this game seems to be massive)

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
People praising the new Fate of Atlantis teaser quest, I get it, after so long it's nice to see this shit, but by gods it exemplifies everything wrong with this new gameplay and animation systems:
Alethea having her base animations just be "random woman quest giver 3", the entire sequence where Layla's in Deimos' memories and she's punching the dude and it looks like shit, and how they throw him? The VA is stil stilted in a way that modern day never was, mostly because *spoiiler alert* the people that do the actual games aren't the ones that do the modern day plot and direction. And then the actual quest which concisted of go to this place, go to this other place, do a descicion that changes nothing, go to three other places and then walk around them in modern day. We're told the MD characters do all these things but their editing is so bad that there's no space to breath, they go from "Sigma team" to "receiving fire" to "he took a hit" in less second, the character's mental spaces are all over the place. Gods the dialogue in MD is trash in these last two games. It's such a contrast with III Remastered.