• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this game back up for the first time since i got the plat way back

So many new quests 😍

pikaviz

Oct 28, 2017
Made the mistake of buying the perm XP boost because I'd heard the game was grindy. Now I'm level 49, and haven't yet uncovered even half the map. So I'm hilariously overlevelled given I'm currently doing Korinth quests which are apparently for level 19s.

I've got 15 unspent talent points because my spear is only level 4 and I'm happy with the skills i've currently got.

That said, still enjoying it. Hopefully my drive doesn't decline when I hit max level tomorrow!

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Made the mistake of buying the perm XP boost because I'd heard the game was grindy. Now I'm level 49, and haven't yet uncovered even half the map. So I'm hilariously overlevelled given I'm currently doing Korinth quests which are apparently for level 19s.

I've got 15 unspent talent points because my spear is only level 4 and I'm happy with the skills i've currently got.

That said, still enjoying it. Hopefully my drive doesn't decline when I hit max level tomorrow!

Max level cap has since been raised several times. I belive it's now 99.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If you actually play the game and explore and do side missions the so called "grind" isn't even there. It was mostly people whining they couldn't do the main story in 8 hours and ignore 90% of the game.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on Discovery Mode yet? I'm pretty sure the one for Origins released around this time after its release...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing on PC, and for some reason the white dot that appears on targets that are in range for the leap double assassination isn't showing up. How do I enable that? It was there is the PS4 version...

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I booted this up today to check out the DLC. 50$ CAD, that's pretty steep. Is it worth it guys? I'm finding it hard to dig through all the info on the internet. And what are these Tales quests?

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I booted this up today to check out the DLC. 50$ CAD, that's pretty steep. Is it worth it guys? I'm finding it hard to dig through all the info on the internet. And what are these Tales quests?

The first set of DLC wasn't particularly well received. Second set doesn't start for another two weeks so, the jury is out, but they released a free prologue quest for it that got a lot of people exceited.

You also get AC3/Liberation remastered for free with the season pass.

The Lost of Tales of Greece quests are post release quest lines that have been released at a consistent pace over the last several months.. All of the ones I've played are really damn good. Surprisingly meaty too.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
The first set of DLC wasn't particularly well received. Second set doesn't start for another two weeks so, the jury is out, but they released a free prologue quest for it that got a lot of people exceited.

You also get AC3/Liberation remastered for free with the season pass.

The Lost of Tales of Greece quests are post release quest lines that have been released at a consistent pace over the last several months.. All of the ones I've played are really damn good. Surprisingly meaty too.

Awesome, thanks. So the the paid DLC is the already released quest line and the new Atlantis one, plus the remasters? I'm not missing anything else?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any word on Discovery Mode yet? I'm pretty sure the one for Origins released around this time after its release...
It's coming, but they've never offered any timetable for it.

Next month is probably as good a guess as any (since if they do 6 weeks between Atlantis episodes they won't have anything else for May except the usual title update).

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, thanks. So the the paid DLC is the already released quest line and the new Atlantis one, plus the remasters? I'm not missing anything else?
The Paid DLC is "The Hidden Blade" quest line which is probably 7-10 hours of content. It's ok but nothing special. The new Atlantis DLC comes out in a few weeks and is an entire new zone and quest line so people are excited about it. The DLC pack also includes AC3 and Liberation Remasters.

Any other things like Tales of Greece are included with the base game. They are the "Blue" quests on the map or in your quest log. You will have to advance to a certain level and location to unlock them.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
The Paid DLC is "The Hidden Blade" quest line which is probably 7-10 hours of content. It's ok but nothing special. The new Atlantis DLC comes out in a few weeks and is an entire new zone and quest line so people are excited about it. The DLC pack also includes AC3 and Liberation Remasters.

Any other things like Tales of Greece are included with the base game. They are the "Blue" quests on the map or in your quest log. You will have to advance to a certain level and location to unlock them.

Right on, thank you. Maybe I'll wait for reviews of Atlantis, I played the intro quest and it definitely piqued my interest.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The Atlantis thing looks really good, but why must UBI be so heartless as to release it in 3 parts ? give me it all you bastards :(

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta pump up those MAUs

(Only half joking. No idea why they do it like this.)
If I had to venture a guess it's to keep updating the game on a regular basis. I've really had no complaints between Origins and Odyssey with how often they released new quests and other content. It's probably some of the best post-release support I can recall. From Ubisoft or otherwise.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
They do not have a new AC release this year, so it make sense to spread it just to keep people engaged I guess ,

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The upcoming release of Atlantis has me so pumped that it motivated me to log in and collect the remaining Eagle Points they added a few weeks back and to finish the ? on Chios. So I have now officially completed every gold/blue quest in the game, the first DLC, and every eagle point and ? in the game.....

I think I have like 3 Forts to finish still!

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Just cheesed my way to level 99 on my NG+ so I don't have to worry about upgrading my favourite gear anymore. Now back to recompleting the requirements for the FoA DLC.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Just so this doesn't creep up on anyone, the monthly update says that if you want access to the Atlantis dlc content you need to have finished both the Atlantis story ending and the Heir of Memories mission. If you are planning on getting involved day one then you should get those done asap. They mention that they will let you create a temporary save file to access the new content straight away but they don't really go into any detail as to what that involves, you might not be able to take your personal Kass/Alex into the dlc if you go that route, I dunno.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Just so this doesn't creep up on anyone, the monthly update says that if you want access to the Atlantis dlc content you need to have finished both the Atlantis story ending and the Heir of Memories mission. If you are planning on getting involved day one then you should get those done asap. They mention that they will let you create a temporary save file to access the new content straight away but they don't really go into any detail as to what that involves, you might not be able to take your personal Kass/Alex into the dlc if you go that route, I dunno.
It's probably just like the booster/ACP in Origins. Not copying your gear and abilities wouldn't make a lot of sense (everybody plays differently), especially when they already have the capacity to clone save files.

But it will disable your achievements (and challenges?), so it's not a substitute for natural progression.

Oct 29, 2017
Quick question, the deluxe edition is on sale for $26 on psn right now. If I am reading correctly, I should get both DLC packs and Assassins Creed 3 remastered correct?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, the deluxe edition is on sale for $26 on psn right now. If I am reading correctly, I should get both DLC packs and Assassins Creed 3 remastered correct?
You would need the Gold edition for that, also on sale, for $33. Deluxe edition is just some minor gear and 2 hour xp boosters for XP and gold.

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't that interested in the game but was out shopping and spotted the game for €25! Decided to get it.

Excited to jump in!

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You would need the Gold edition for that, also on sale, for $33. Deluxe edition is just some minor gear and 2 hour xp boosters for XP and gold.
I wasn't that interested in the game but was out shopping and spotted the game for €25! Decided to get it.

Excited to jump in!

Both of these price points are insane for the amount of content you get from them. I paid full price for the game and DLC and even spent 20 bucks on some outfits and I feel like I got my money out of the game even at that cost!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to pick the game back up again after not playing for months, and I feel totally lost in the story. The last big thing to happen that I remember was

Kassandra met her true father

but I don't remember a lot of things and characters up to that point. I'd start over, but I don't want to lose 30+ hours of progress...

Guess I'll just march onwards.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
This Abstergo outfit is extremely cool but Alexio's bulge is literally concave in it. Like, it's distracting how odd it looks.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
This is checklist the game, and yet I can't put it down.

I hate how much I like this game, I'm 63 hours in and I know I've seen everything there really is to see, yet here I am still playing.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bought this game at launch for Xbox One X, liked it plenty, but burned out after like 50 hours of play.

Double dipped for my "main" platform of PS4 Pro this week at retail for $20 and the game has a whole new lease on life for me... I'm addicted all over again.

I'm guessing it's due to various post release patches but I'm finding that other than some framerate hitches and slower load times, the PS4 version now is seemingly way more polished feeling than my Xbox playtime was last fall. I feel like animation in cutscenes, especially facial animations, are way more emotive now, and I just don't seem to encounter as much jank when I'm fighting or climbing. Glad to see the updates since last I played have actually created noticeable improvements for me!

Despite enjoying that first 50 hour play on Xbox, I think I probably underappreciated this game last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Post-family storyline I stumbled across a quest titled 'Sent by Brasidas'. Ummm, about that....

I regret romancing Roxana because she just cockblocked me during Mikkos' romance lol. This is not the reactivity I wanted.

Oct 25, 2017
Just cheesed my way to level 99 on my NG+ so I don't have to worry about upgrading my favourite gear anymore. Now back to recompleting the requirements for the FoA DLC.
Just found this glitch. I was already over leveled for the content (I was in my 60s). Just tired of constantly switching out and upgrading gear. Hopefully the dlc doesn't raise the cap again.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll patch it out by the time the new DLC hits Tuesday, but a warning for those of you who want to take advantage of it: It bugs out the Call To Arms Ability—doesn't allow you to spend any Ability Points on it, and says you need to progress further in the story.

It's possible that there's a way to fix it that I haven't found yet(tried completing the recruitment of the Polemarch I used for it, recruiting other NPCs, reaching the next level the normal way), but if you want all you Abilities maxed out, keep this in mind.

For me, it was the very last Ability I had left to invest in, and that was because I wasn't interested in it at all, and never saw myself using it anyways. So, I'm not too bothered by it.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Decided to rebuy the game digitally including season pass for 40 bucks CAD during the sale.

I honestly really liked legacy of the first blade. As a father, some of those moments were poignant. I'm looking forward to the Atlantis DLC and then I'll feel done with the game.

It's funny, in the meantime I've fired up ac3 remaster and it sure makes a difference, having a game with a modern day arc. I like the new games but something has been lost with the directionless way the story has proceeded these last 6 years or so.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCbNlu5s2c

Pretty much you assign the recruit button to the same button as the crouch button. Then find a mercenary or other high level enemy, paralyze them instead of killing, then spam the crouch/recruit button. Every time you crouch you receive the XP you get from defeating them.
Interesting. Gave it a try on PS4. It.....kinda works? Though there seem to be some issues with it. Like, I can tap tap tap the button but eventually it stops working. And if I gain a level, it doesn't go up right away. I have to do a bit of fighting to trigger the level up despite it saying I'm already that level on the menu screen.

Seems like a glitch that may just cause trouble.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
By the way... The Surgical Sniper Achievement is still stuck at 90% for me. :/

Interesting. Gave it a try on PS4. It.....kinda works? Though there seem to be some issues with it. Like, I can tap tap tap the button but eventually it stops working. And if I gain a level, it doesn't go up right away. I have to do a bit of fighting to trigger the level up despite it saying I'm already that level on the menu screen.

Seems like a glitch that may just cause trouble.
It's still working even as the HUD fails to catch up to your progress. Just look at your level progress when you go to the menu.