• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll patch it out by the time the new DLC hits Tuesday, but a warning for those of you who want to take advantage of it: It bugs out the Call To Arms Ability—doesn't allow you to spend any Ability Points on it, and says you need to progress further in the story.

It's possible that there's a way to fix it that I haven't found yet(tried completing the recruitment of the Polemarch I used for it, recruiting other NPCs, reaching the next level the normal way), but if you want all you Abilities maxed out, keep this in mind.

For me, it was the very last Ability I had left to invest in, and that was because I wasn't interested in it at all, and never saw myself using it anyways. So, I'm not too bothered by it.
I didn't know about that bug, but I don't use Call to Arms either. When I had it before I respeced, it wasn't all that useful.

Decided to rebuy the game digitally including season pass for 40 bucks CAD during the sale.

I honestly really liked legacy of the first blade. As a father, some of those moments were poignant. I'm looking forward to the Atlantis DLC and then I'll feel done with the game.

It's funny, in the meantime I've fired up ac3 remaster and it sure makes a difference, having a game with a modern day arc. I like the new games but something has been lost with the directionless way the story has proceeded these last 6 years or so.
I think I might jump on the season pass too. I didn't think I would play the dlc anytime soon, but I'm blazing through the og content.

Oct 25, 2017
Got the platinum. It's the first time I ever cared to get one.

If you like the main game, you'll like the dlc (ignoring the railroading in ep 2).
The railroading was partly why I was hesitant about getting it, but I love this game and I'm still not tired of it after 140+ hours.

ACIII and Liberation was also a nice incentive. Odyssey was my first AC game so I'm going to try to go back and play the rest.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I've been playing the hell out of Odyssey these past few months, and I decided yesterday to get back into Origins, which I had burned out on (around level 27).

Unfortunately, I was reminded why I didn't latch onto Origins the way I have Odyssey. For whatever reason, I get motion sickness when playing the former, which is a problem I haven't encountered in Odyssey. Whatever they changed between the two games completely fixed the issue for me.

Oct 29, 2017
Just started yesterday, played it for 2 hours

I'm in love with Kassandra already

Everything seems like a step up from origina so far. The music is better, the world is beautiful, the characters are much better so far (Bayek and his revenge story was boring as hell). Even the smaller interactions feel more personal due to the camera changes.

Gameplay is as bad as origins. Feels like you're fighting air. Bumped it down to easy so I can just mash my way through the game. I have Sekiro and DMC5 if I want to play something combat focused.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Guys .. I'm 82 hours into the game and I *just* found Hephaistos' Workshop ... holy shit lol.

Was this always in the game or added via later patches ?

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Bought this day one then let it go. I've played so many other games and finished them since. I have to get back into odyssey stat.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Did the game seriously just spoil a plot twist for me in a loading screen..

"Deimos is your long lost brother"

WTF? Haven't even heard of or met that character yet.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It was added in a patch. You could find it before but it was just a regular blacksmith that was inside a cave for some reason.

Quite frankly the upgrades he's offering have made me ludicrously over powered. 2 50% armor increase and 2 max sword damage upgrades (Forgot what their value is)and the god tier armor set which makes all abilities do 30% mode damage have pretty much made Kassandra the ultimate killing machine. At level 63, I'm taking out level 75 mercenaries within a minute.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I only used the glitch to level up to 87. Wanted to leave some room for improvement with all the new gear coming in the new DLC.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Did the game seriously just spoil a plot twist for me in a loading screen..

"Deimos is your long lost brother"

WTF? Haven't even heard of or met that character yet.
Damn .. that's pretty shitty of the game.

So did any patches go up for the Atlantis DLC this week yet?

Do you mean patch to add comparability or is there something broken with the DLC ? I haven't started it yet (PS4). Should I wait ?

If you meant compatibility patches, then yeah the DLC starting point is visible to me on the map.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean patch to add comparability or is there something broken with the DLC ? I haven't started it yet (PS4). Should I wait ?

If you meant compatibility patches, then yeah the DLC starting point is visible to me on the map.
There's usually a patch the week a new DLC comes out. There shouldn't be a DLC starting point on the map yet, though. Unless you mean Heir of Memories, which is a free quest that acts as a prequel to the DLC.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Brought the base game, I was cold to the franchise, but I am loving this entry. I am glad the animus bullshit in the beginning has been cut down

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is playing in Nightmare + Exploration a little too much?

If you are coming in new to the Origins/Odyssey system of Assassins Creed it will definitely be a challenge. Hell it will probably be a challenge even if you are used to the formula.

Exploration is the best way to play but I didn't much care for Nightmare as the enemies became damage sponges.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you are coming in new to the Origins/Odyssey system of Assassins Creed it will definitely be a challenge. Hell it will probably be a challenge even if you are used to the formula.

Exploration is the best way to play but I didn't much care for Nightmare as the enemies became damage sponges.
Yeah, I played Origins and I'm looking for more challenge in Odyssey. But if Nightmare is more about damage sponge enemies I'll probably drop to Hard.

And nice to see they added more Hud option to Odyssey. I just couldn't get used to any Hud preset in Origins.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Origins and Odyssey are so good.

Changing up the formula was the best thing to happen to the series.
I didn't hate the older games for the most part, but the annual entries were killing it. Black Flag was the last of the older games I had played. Completely skipped Unity and Syndicate. But I'm a huge fan of Egyptian mythology so I had to give Origins a shot, and the changed they made had fixed pretty much all of my issues with the franchise.

Jan 29, 2018
Supposedly I haven't de-fogged the whole map yet because that's the only thing keeping me from the Platinum. I just got the season pass so I'm hoping it happens naturally while playing the expansions.

Just had a baby and not-husband got killed. They should've had more setup for Kassandra giving a shit about descendants because I don't even see what's so great about Natakas.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly I haven't de-fogged the whole map yet because that's the only thing keeping me from the Platinum. I just got the season pass so I'm hoping it happens naturally while playing the expansions.
I don't think it will happen naturally. And this was the trophy that gave me the most trouble in getting the platinum. Basically, you have to zoom all the way in and look at the borders between regions. THOSE are the areas you need to set foot in. All of them. The final ones I needed were actually around Lakonia. There are a lot of smaller ones in that area that are difficult to see unless you really zoom in.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Just started with the Atlantis DLC and my god, such a refreshing change after the letdown of the first DLC. The new enemy types force you to change your playstyle that I had for most of the game, the new area is beautifully designed and has some iconic locations (no spoilers), and it just feels like they put a lot of work into coming up with a fresh take on the existing game. Cutscenes are well made, the dialogues are much better compared to the first DLC and overall (after ¬ 2 hours) I am more than happy that I booted up the game again after a while.

Oct 28, 2017

Just had a baby and not-husband got killed. They should've had more setup for Kassandra giving a shit about descendants because I don't even see what's so great about Natakas.
I'll also say it won't be a natural thing, you need to really check the map and make sure you stand on every possible landmass you can to be sure that it's counted. If you search for a guide they usually have the most common areas people are missing (most are on the far right side of the map with all the smaller islands). The trophies not that hard to get but you need to be meticulous about it.

Jan 29, 2018
I don't think it will happen naturally. And this was the trophy that gave me the most trouble in getting the platinum. Basically, you have to zoom all the way in and look at the borders between regions. THOSE are the areas you need to set foot in. All of them. The final ones I needed were actually around Lakonia. There are a lot of smaller ones in that area that are difficult to see unless you really zoom in.
I'll also say it won't be a natural thing, you need to really check the map and make sure you stand on every possible landmass you can to be sure that it's counted. If you search for a guide they usually have the most common areas people are missing (most are on the far right side of the map with all the smaller islands). The trophies not that hard to get but you need to be meticulous about it.

Damn, okay. I know I stood on one particular tiny island that was mentioned as one a lot of people miss, but I'll have to guess at a few others. Even with I guide I'd still be guessing at which ones I might've missed... blah.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, okay. I know I stood on one particular tiny island that was mentioned as one a lot of people miss, but I'll have to guess at a few others. Even with I guide I'd still be guessing at which ones I might've missed... blah.
The game actually makes it fairly clear which regions you still need to visit. If you haven't been to an area, the map texture will still be pretty bland and unrefined.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just started with the Atlantis DLC and my god, such a refreshing change after the letdown of the first DLC. The new enemy types force you to change your playstyle that I had for most of the game, the new area is beautifully designed and has some iconic locations (no spoilers), and it just feels like they put a lot of work into coming up with a fresh take on the existing game. Cutscenes are well made, the dialogues are much better compared to the first DLC and overall (after ¬ 2 hours) I am more than happy that I booted up the game again after a while.
I've been playing around in it for about two hours now just running around hitting the question marks and stuff. It's nice having a big new area to explore. And man, these new enemies are a nice challenge.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm liking the DLC but no side quests is a bummer. The world is too big for what is utilized for.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So with the new expansion, are there consequences with siding with a specific person? I stopped with one of the near beginning quests -
Black Horse quest, who should I deliver the horse to or does it not really matter?

I haven't played part 3 of the 1st expansion yet, but part 2 was really really bad and left a poor impression and I'm not inclined to continue. I'm glad Atlantis is far far better so far.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Whew. Elysium is gorgeous! Kinda miffed at the lack of side-quests, but this DLC loves to hand out upgrade points, which is nice.

Fell through the map once. Luckily fast-travel works while underwater.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I must be missing something obvious but how the hell do I save my equipment load out? I have three save slots but I don't have any idea how to save what i'm currently equipping.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must be missing something obvious but how the hell do I save my equipment load out? I have three save slots but I don't have any idea how to save what i'm currently equipping.
I won't lie I've never used the loadout option but I was under the impression you just select the loadout from the left side of the equipment screen and put your gear on like normal and it's always set to that loadout....

Am I wrong?

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Odyssey I will forever be dissapointed in any RPG that dosent let me choose the armor look that I want. It is hard going back to choosing between looking awesome or having the stats I need .

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
I won't lie I've never used the loadout option but I was under the impression you just select the loadout from the left side of the equipment screen and put your gear on like normal and it's always set to that loadout....

Am I wrong?

Exactly. Choose the loadout-slot on the left of the inventory screen and equip whatever you want. The annoying thing is that you cannot change the presets on the fly. Would be so handy to just switch mid-fight with a hotkey (at least on pc ;)

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just started the game and I'm already obliged to do side missions for my level to meet the main mission level.

Disappointed.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I just started the game and I'm already obliged to do side missions for my level to meet the main mission level.

Disappointed.

The game just doesn't work like that. Many "side" missions directly tie into the main missions by being necessary to unlock Legendary Beasts or Cultists. These side quests are also often presented in exactly the same way as the main quest, consisting of a lot of dialogue and storytelling. If you just want to concentrate on doing the "main" missions, you would end up at a huge roadblock at some point where two out of the three "main" mission plot lines would be unobtainable since they directly tie in with you exploring the world and finding clues by doing quests and, well, exploring the world.

In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, main missions and side missions are mostly the same. They get the same production values, the same interesting storylines and the same gameplay mechanics. And since exploring the world and finding the cultists by interacting with people asking for help is part of the main quest line, the distinction between those and the "side" content doesn't really make sense in that way here. The side quests aren't side quests to a large degree, they are just as much main quests as, well, the "main" quests.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The game just doesn't work like that. Many "side" missions directly tie into the main missions by being necessary to unlock Legendary Beasts or Cultists. These side quests are also often presented in exactly the same way as the main quest, consisting of a lot of dialogue and storytelling. If you just want to concentrate on doing the "main" missions, you would end up at a huge roadblock at some point where two out of the three "main" mission plot lines would be unobtainable since they directly tie in with you exploring the world and finding clues by doing quests and, well, exploring the world.

In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, main missions and side missions are mostly the same. They get the same production values, the same interesting storylines and the same gameplay mechanics. And since exploring the world and finding the cultists by interacting with people asking for help is part of the main quest line, the distinction between those and the "side" content doesn't really make sense in that way here. The side quests aren't side quests to a large degree, they are just as much main quests as, well, the "main" quests.
Well, that is relieving. I'll explore more before moving on.