• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The game just doesn't work like that. Many "side" missions directly tie into the main missions by being necessary to unlock Legendary Beasts or Cultists. These side quests are also often presented in exactly the same way as the main quest, consisting of a lot of dialogue and storytelling. If you just want to concentrate on doing the "main" missions, you would end up at a huge roadblock at some point where two out of the three "main" mission plot lines would be unobtainable since they directly tie in with you exploring the world and finding clues by doing quests and, well, exploring the world.

In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, main missions and side missions are mostly the same. They get the same production values, the same interesting storylines and the same gameplay mechanics. And since exploring the world and finding the cultists by interacting with people asking for help is part of the main quest line, the distinction between those and the "side" content doesn't really make sense in that way here. The side quests aren't side quests to a large degree, they are just as much main quests as, well, the "main" quests.
Yeah. This is why I've never had any issues with the leveling in the game. I played for like 5 hours yesterday and went from level 41 to 46. No grinding. Just doing the story lines as I explore each island I disembark on, and without fail those storylines have led me to cultists as well as a mythical beast, and often bring back recurring characters I've already previously met. People looking to categorize the structure of the game as main + side missions are doing it a disservice.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the ultimate edition for $48 on Xbox without knowing it came with AC3. Nice surprise - I never got into the old Assassins Creed but I'll give that a shot at some point.

I see most people are playing as Kassandra, are there major story/quest differences playing as her?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I see most people are playing as Kassandra, are there major story/quest differences playing as her?
She's the more serious choice. Alexios is a goofball, it's like a game starring Disney's Hercules, but if you're into a more cheesy tone then it's the better choice. The game really feels different depending of who you choose.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I picked this up during the Xbox Spring Sale. I just made it to Athens. I'm playing as Kassandra.

I almost laughed out loud when I heard Deimos speak after first upgrading the spear in that cut-scene.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
No, they're the same (with the exception of one detail—the content doesn't change, but the context does).

They're both great. You can try them both out and pick the one you want to play as. (I think the global stats were something like 65/35 Alexios/Kassandra, so this forum isn't exactly a perfect representation of the overall playerbase.)

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Just reached the "ending". What an incredible game. I think this might be my favorite AC now

reunited the entire family <3
Wow. Really curious what the other endings are like if you don't save all of them.

Kind of a weird ending since it felt so abrupt, but it was still pretty cool to see.

What do i do now?
obviously hunting uncovering the rest of the cult, but any protips on what cool stuff to pursue, get, or do????

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm already nearly 100% finished with Episode 1 myself.

Probably asking a lot, but I'd like to see mercenaries in wherever Episode 2 and/or 3 take place.

I'm usually running at bounty level 5, so I miss having mercs on my ass while running around Elysium.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm already nearly 100% finished with Episode 1 myself.

Probably asking a lot, but I'd like to see mercenaries in wherever Episode 2 and/or 3 take place.

I'm usually running at bounty level 5, so I miss having mercs on my ass while running around Elysium.

I just started the actual quests last night. I thought it would be funny to go around and 100% the new map before actually beginning the story. XD

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm not digging the Atlantis dlc much. Maybe I'm just burning out, I dunno. The intro quest and cutscenes sort of through me off, I found the acting and story fairly silly. I don't know who's writing the modern day story line now but they sure don't seem to have a clue where to go with it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not digging the Atlantis dlc much. Maybe I'm just burning out, I dunno. The intro quest and cutscenes sort of through me off, I found the acting and story fairly silly. I don't know who's writing the modern day story line now but they sure don't seem to have a clue where to go with it.
I got the Platinum back around launch, so I've only been popping back in for new quests and DLC. Probably why I haven't gotten burnt out on the game yet.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this is one meaty DLC. I have sunk about 5 hours into it and I'm still working on the main quest. Although I have gone around and done all of the ? in the new area. It's a great looking area and I like the new enemies and objective types. I'm guessing I'll finish it up in another hour or two. I must say with 3 parts this DLC is looking like it could be almost 20 hours of content. Pretty impressive!

I have had some weird bugs like spots I can't climb out of the water, and some "help" screens are always showing up every time I restart the game, which is annoying but nothing game breaking.

Oct 28, 2017
Man this is one meaty DLC. I have sunk about 5 hours into it and I'm still working on the main quest. Although I have gone around and done all of the ? in the new area. It's a great looking area and I like the new enemies and objective types. I'm guessing I'll finish it up in another hour or two. I must say with 3 parts this DLC is looking like it could be almost 20 hours of content. Pretty impressive!

I have had some weird bugs like spots I can't climb out of the water, and some "help" screens are always showing up every time I restart the game, which is annoying but nothing game breaking.
I had the game crash 3 times using the wings of Hermes (or whatever they're called). That said I've enjoyed this dlc far more than the last one but boy does it end on a cliffhanger.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah I just finished the first Act and what a bullshit way to end it lol

Perfect way to end. :D

Okay, so in this episode we got Elysium. I feel since we fall down further into the underworld, in the next episode we will be in Tartarus. Not sure where episode 3 will take place though, perhaps in actual Atlantis before it got destroyed / sunk under the water.

Not 100% clear on what the point of this first DLC was, I feel that I have more questions than answers. We took part in this struggle for control of Elysium and one's wish to get out of it. But it didn't feel like that was leading anywhere or connect to anything else that was happening.

The Legacy of the first Blade at least had the nice connection with Persia and all that, but this one so far is a little bit vague and out there. :)

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perfect way to end. :D

Okay, so in this episode we got Elysium. I feel since we fall down further into the underworld, in the next episode we will be in Tartarus. Not sure where episode 3 will take place though, perhaps in actual Atlantis before it got destroyed / sunk under the water.

Not 100% clear on what the point of this first DLC was, I feel that I have more questions than answers. We took part in this struggle for control of Elysium and one's wish to get out of it. But it didn't feel like that was leading anywhere or connect to anything else that was happening.

The Legacy of the first Blade at least had the nice connection with Persia and all that, but this one so far is a little bit vague and out there. :)

Yeah I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing all of this for as well. That said I sure did enjoy doing all of it! Also the new gear looks amazing when mixed with the Athena set from the real money store. I got a combination of both going and it looks great.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing all of this for as well. That said I sure did enjoy doing all of it! Also the new gear looks amazing when mixed with the Athena set from the real money store. I got a combination of both going and it looks great.
I just wore the Athena set the entire time. It fits in with the aesthetic of the DLC very well.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through the Legacy of the First Blade and so far it is alright.

Normally I hate when games try to make the player feel bad about their actions, which is often killing faceless NPCs. It's forced drama especially when the game doesn't allow you to avoid the actions they're criticizing you for within the limits of the gameplay. Here you can reject the Huntsman calling Alexios a monster and proceed to murder the shit out of him and his crew with no remorse. Alexios is a war profiteer and I like that you can make him not give a shit at least in this first episode. I only wish there was an 'but the drachme was good' option when you're confronted by the people who were affected by his mercenary actions.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Has Beastmaster worked out well for anyone?

Kind of interested in it since my Kassandra is more barbarian than assassin at this point as she terrorizes the country side and a wild animal tagging along sounds fitting. Most of the opinions I can find on the perk says pets die too easily but they're also from around launch, any chance its been buffed since then?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They are really trying to make you give a shit about Neema and push you to settle down. Nah, game. I like murdering and fucking my way across Greece. Also, Alexios being lonely and lacking connections doesn't play well if you got the big happy family ending.

I know it's inevitable that Alexios and Neema are going to be a thing, but I wish they made her less boring. She's kinda there to be the sad daughter who wishes she had a more stable life while Darius is more interesting and does cool assassin shit.

Edit: I continued. Had a boy wanted a girl. Eh. It was really cute though how they repeated the intro cutscene in the dlc even though it screwed up my loadout.

Last edited:

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Is there something wrong with my game, I'm fighting the Kallisto the Bear and it regens all its health and theres nothing I can do about it. I would be here all week trying to defeat this its impossible. The amount of bugs I've had with this games is mind boggling.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there something wrong with my game, I'm fighting the Kallisto the Bear and it regens all its health and theres nothing I can do about it. I would be here all week trying to defeat this its impossible. The amount of bugs I've had with this games is mind boggling.

The named animals have an "area" that you have to fight them in. If you try to kite them out of that area they will reset, including their health. It's not really a bug, more like a not well explained mechanic.

Some of the fights can be annoying because you won't know you are out of the combat area until the damn thing regens all of its health. I had this problem with the boar.

Also what other bugs have you experienced. I've played 123 hours since launch and I have only had a few minor bugs in my game and one "major" bug where I didn't recieve an item from a Merc that I was supposed to.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
The named animals have an "area" that you have to fight them in. If you try to kite them out of that area they will reset, including their health. It's not really a bug, more like a not well explained mechanic.

Some of the fights can be annoying because you won't know you are out of the combat area until the damn thing regens all of its health. I had this problem with the boar.

Also what other bugs have you experienced. I've played 123 hours since launch and I have only had a few minor bugs in my game and one "major" bug where I didn't recieve an item from a Merc that I was supposed to.

Thanks for that. I thought it was some feature of the battle, it turns out the designated fighting area is way smaller than it appears.

The other bugs have been mostly freezes and stutters, where the whole games just slows down, and total crashes.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

WTF, is that what was happening? The first time I fought the Lion it regenerated all of its health even though I wasn't even kiting it, I was meleeing it and it just regen'ed in my face like that while I was wailing on it. Was that because we were fighting "outside of the combat zone"??

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WTF, is that what was happening? The first time I fought the Lion it regenerated all of its health even though I wasn't even kiting it, I was meleeing it and it just regen'ed in my face like that while I was wailing on it. Was that because we were fighting "outside of the combat zone"??

That's exactly what it is. If you had it right on the edge of the area (which as the previous poster said is WAY smaller than you think it is) it will regen every time it crosses the invisible line. When it happened to me during the Boar fight I had to google it and finally realized I had been fighting the boar right at the edge of the circle. I had it regen like 5 times on me before I gave up and googled it. You don't need to be kiting it, just moving a few feet could cause the reset.

I believe you can tell if you are out of bonds by whether or not the danger level is Yellow. If it is, you are too far away. You need to stay in the "red" zone.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
That's exactly what it is. If you had it right on the edge of the area (which as the previous poster said is WAY smaller than you think it is) it will regen every time it crosses the invisible line. When it happened to me during the Boar fight I had to google it and finally realized I had been fighting the boar right at the edge of the circle. I had it regen like 5 times on me before I gave up and googled it. You don't need to be kiting it, just moving a few feet could cause the reset.

I believe you can tell if you are out of bonds by whether or not the danger level is Yellow. If it is, you are too far away. You need to stay in the "red" zone.
Wow.... wish I had known that LOL. I thought it was an ability of the boss. I was baffled when I retried the lion and destroyed it no problem after that, I figured I did something to "interrupt" its regen... xD

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
The only thing I cant beat in this game is the Boar,not the early one but the one with the quest along the others,the one that farts poison in your face lol...still waiting for a Season Pass sale on the 1X to play the DLC...not paying 50 bucks(CAD) for a Season Pass,even how awesome and lenghty it is...

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I cant beat in this game is the Boar,not the early one but the one with the quest along the others,the one that farts poison in your face lol...still waiting for a Season Pass sale on the 1X to play the DLC...not paying 50 bucks(CAD) for a Season Pass,even how awesome and lenghty it is...
I just dropped the game down to easy for 5 mins to beat the damn thing, had enough of getting farted on :/

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
That was probably the only battle I really had difficulty with. It took me a few tries, but you can survive alright if you keep dodging and stay just outside the range of its superfarts. You need to use hit-and-run tactics on this one otherwise you'll die pretty quickly.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the DLC, up to episode three of the first blade storyline and wow did they fuck up with THAT narrative decision. How they didn't foresee people hating that is beyond me.

Unrelated question: I'm playing on PC and have been stuck on 99% completion forever, is there a list somewhere or does anyone know what counts towards that percentage?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I LOVED legacy of the first blade, beat it last night. Kassandras journey with those characters totally matched up with the way I played her through out my 95 hour journey. I also cried like a baby at the end of it

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You gotta love it when you're rampaging through an area and you end up killing a cultist you didn't even know was there completely by coincidence.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
well, finished both the cultist in the base game, and did all dlcs released so far. the ending to the cultist plotline was such a cop-out. Fate of Atlantis was beautiful, tho i cannot understand why
would i be invested into my decisions when it's clear Elysium wasn't a real place, even for Kassandra, but just a simulation.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Legacy of the First Blade. Good lord I'm glad that is over.

Got tired seeing Alexios weep and shit over some dull lady and their creepy baby. I had no emotional investment in either of them.

Nice touch putting the kid on Testikles' island. RIP friend.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
What in the fuck. I just got the Title Screen Splash after playing for 8 hours. This game is kind of blowing my mind...and I hated every AC game I tried before it. Love that it's an RPG. Any general advice to know as a noob to the game? I feel dirty asking this but are the boosts worth it?

Also what about bounties? Should I just pay them? I don't mind taking on 1 but getting ganged up on bounty hunters 3 levels higher sucks

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What in the fuck. I just got the Title Screen Splash after playing for 8 hours. This game is kind of blowing my mind...and I hated every AC game I tried before it. Love that it's an RPG. Any general advice to know as a noob to the game? I feel dirty asking this but are the boosts worth it?

Also what about bounties? Should I just pay them? I don't mind taking on 1 but getting ganged up on bounty hunters 3 levels higher sucks

The boosts are not needed at all. If you want them you can buy them but if you enjoy doing the content you won't find yourself under leveled for very long.

At a certain point you will have more money than you know what to do with. And at the beginning of the game the bounty hunters can be hard on you, so I recommend paying them off. Later you will just murder the shit out of them so it won't be a problem anymore. If you can try to watch doing anything too crazy to provoke them. Be stealthy.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
The boosts are not needed at all. If you want them you can buy them but if you enjoy doing the content you won't find yourself under leveled for very long.

At a certain point you will have more money than you know what to do with. And at the beginning of the game the bounty hunters can be hard on you, so I recommend paying them off. Later you will just murder the shit out of them so it won't be a problem anymore. If you can try to watch doing anything too crazy to provoke them. Be stealthy.
Awesome thanks for the reply! You just saved me 20 bucks