• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
lol

I've 100%'d every bit of content so far. My save is currently over 160 hours. XD

Same here, full plat, and my save is 171 hours long, I guess I... kinda like it :'D

I really enjoy those tale quests tbh, it feels nice to go back to the game once every 2/4 weeks and complete it, while waiting for DLCs and such. They often take advantage of it and make it narratively fun most of the times as well. I hope they'll keep such format for the next games of the franchise.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Same here, full plat, and my save is 171 hours long, I guess I... kinda like it :'D

I really enjoy those tale quests tbh, it feels nice to go back to the game once every 2/4 weeks and complete it, while waiting for DLCs and such. They often take advantage of it and make it narratively fun most of the times as well. I hope they'll keep such format for the next games of the franchise.

I did the same thing with Origins, but the post-launch support for Odyssey has been significantly better.

Oct 25, 2017
lol

I've 100%'d every bit of content so far. My save is currently over 160 hours. XD
Same. I just have ep 1 of the Atlantis dlc to finish and this new tale.

I personally won't feel like I'm done until I get the Pegasus mount though. I feel like I get every other legendary skin from those random urns or whatever they are but not the one I want ☹️

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this new Lost Tale of Greece was very, very good.

T61gkW9.mp4

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah this new Lost Tale of Greece was very, very good.

T61gkW9.gif

Oh damn, I'm now a bit mad I was super chill with him, because I didn't get that cinematic at all! Does this happen when you decide to kill him? I didn't want to, even though the way he flirted with me was super greasy to say the least, I was not going to fuck him either despite being given the choice, so instead I just recruited him on my ship, and honestly good on me cause he's a gold lieutenant with good stats!

But still, that gif is so memeable, ahah!
T61gkW9.gif

Love it!

Last edited:

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the gold edition of this game on sale a couple weeks ago and I am having an absolute blast with it. I was a little unsure of buying it when it first came out because of all the discussion about the supposed pay-to-win elements or whatever, and due to the fact I played Origins for 40+ hours, and while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I didn't have time to finish it.

Pretty much all my reservations about the game have gone out the window now that I'm really into it. I feel like Ubisoft doesn't get as much credit as they deserve for how much attention to detail they put into these historical settings. It's really quite staggering to think how much time their artists and designers spend on detail that many players will never notice. It also helps that I'm playing on my PS4 Pro on a brand new 4K TV, because the game can look really stunning. I'm also happy they're leaning more into the RPG elements while keeping them reasonably user friendly. The fact you can respec so easily makes it a lot of fun to fool around with skills and builds. I can't till I'm further in and higher level and so I can really do some experimenting.

I can't wait to get home tonight and play more!

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Did anyone else's Really, Really Bad Day bug out the first step of the quest? I spawned and while riding my horse towards the very first quest marker I was getting dialog about defeating pirates and then when I got to the guy the first step of the quest was already completed. He told me I had to go out on my boat and get rid of the pirates and it was already completed without me doing anything else.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Did anyone else's Really, Really Bad Day bug out the first step of the quest? I spawned and while riding my horse towards the very first quest marker I was getting dialog about defeating pirates and then when I got to the guy the first step of the quest was already completed. He told me I had to go out on my boat and get rid of the pirates and it was already completed without me doing anything else.

No, the same happened to me too. I figured I already had defeated the pirates in question a long time ago, way before the quest happened, that's it.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I have question that im hoping doesn't require spoilers to answer.

Im currently looking for my mother but a thought crossed my head with the Odysseys and how many their are. Is there a 'correct' way to go through everything to get the optimum ending? For example, should I complete the 'main' story before killing all of the cult members? Should I do that first?

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hey guys, I have question that im hoping doesn't require spoilers to answer.

Im currently looking for my mother but a thought crossed my head with the Odysseys and how many their are. Is there a 'correct' way to go through everything to get the optimum ending? For example, should I complete the 'main' story before killing all of the cult members? Should I do that first?
You can do any order you like but the one that makes most sense is family, cultists then Atlantis.

Jan 10, 2018
Just bought this game for my PS4 Pro but there seems to be a game breaking bug in the beginning that stops me from getting any further. The game just freezes completely after about 3 minutes. It has happened 5 times now and I don't know how to solve it. I've tried re-installing, rebooting etc. but nothing helps.

Anyone else have this issue and knows how to get around it? Some settings I can try perhaps?

Oct 25, 2017
Finished ep 1 of the Atlantis dlc. I liked it better than the first blade. There was more branching than I was expecting even if it ended up at the same place at the end. Really curious to see what they will do in ep 2 and if Persephone will uphold her part in the deal.

Still don't understand what's going on in the modern parts, but I don't really care. I've been lost on that stuff since the beginning and just tune it out. I'm just here for gods bickering like they're in high school.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I finally reached the ending of the main story-Odyssey. Incredible game, but I thought the ending would be ways off, seeing the incredible amount of cultists I still have to kill. It might be my favourite AC but the story ending came incredibly abrupt and unexpected to me, I thought the different quests would be integrated more. It really felt like the grand narrative was still somewhere in the second act except near the end - especially the amount of unexplored land and quests I still have to do.
The reason you feel that ending didn't fullfil the "shadowy cult" narrative is because you just got the family storyline ending and the cult one comes after well, killing the cultists.

Modular storytelling is, I believe, Odyssey's greatest achievement in the big scheme of things. They didn't /nail it/, but they did it.

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question having just started the game recently,
Im having the first conversation with Odessa and and I picked something like "greatness is doing great" or something and she got offended and left,
is that basically done now or do you get a chance later?

I really don't like some of the dialogue choices in this so far, the option doesn't really signal tone or intent of the responses.

Edit:Nvm didn't know you could reload autosaves.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Im having the first conversation with Odessa and and I picked something like "greatness is doing great" or something and she got offended and left,

I really don't like some of the dialogue choices in this so far, the option doesn't really signal tone or intent of the responses.

You would've gotten another shot anyway.

While some of the descriptions versus actual lines aren't great, there aren't a whole lot of super meaningful dialogue options anyway. Don't get me wrong, there's a few BIG ones, but the majority of the questions you can ask are just exposition/character building (some of which is excellent/hilarious, too!).

Oct 25, 2017
You would've gotten another shot anyway.

While some of the descriptions versus actual lines aren't great, there aren't a whole lot of super meaningful dialogue options anyway. Don't get me wrong, there's a few BIG ones, but the majority of the questions you can ask are just exposition/character building (some of which is excellent/hilarious, too!).

Oh okay, thank you.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to playing this yesterday, game is great overall so far after like 7 hours. Kassandra is fantastic and the overall AC formula introduced in Origins really hits the spot for me.

Lmao. I just did the same thing. Started playing yesterday and came to that quest. Accidentally made Odessa fly off the handle because the dialogue choice was super vague and pissed her off.

The autosave system here is super nice though, so was easy to reload.

Edit: Just realized this has transmog. Holy shit, what a great addition.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Why does the pop in keep getting worse in this game

Probably worse than any other game I remember this gen

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Why does the pop in keep getting worse in this game

Probably worse than any other game I remember this gen
I haven't noticed any substantial change since launch (in fact texture streaming is far better than it was then). It's really par for the course for any open world game that isn't Red Dead Redemption 2.

The only jarring pop in for me is ships out at sea, but they've always been that way.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
What platform are you playing on? I've not seen very much of it on the Pro.
I'm also on the Pro and it seems like every time there's a cut in the cutscene, there's pop in and lighting changes in the background.

The only jarring pop in for me is ships out at sea, but they've always been that way.
That's another really noticeable case, I don't remember it being that bad at launch but maybe it has.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Started this game recently on Xbox One. Just arrived in Athens with about eight/nine hours of play under my belt. This game is so big and sprawling it feels overwhelming at times.

I'm the kind of player who has to investigate every ? and take on every mission so my progress has been slow. I'm completely cleaning out an area before moving on to the next one. It's led to a couple of scenarios where I take down a fort and every objective, only for a mission marker to take me back there and all the enemies have regenerated.

Loving it so far, I can see myself sinking 100 hours into this easily

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Started this game recently on Xbox One. Just arrived in Athens with about eight/nine hours of play under my belt. This game is so big and sprawling it feels overwhelming at times.

I'm the kind of player who has to investigate every ? and take on every mission so my progress has been slow. I'm completely cleaning out an area before moving on to the next one. It's led to a couple of scenarios where I take down a fort and every objective, only for a mission marker to take me back there and all the enemies have regenerated.

Loving it so far, I can see myself sinking 100 hours into this easily

I clear every area too. Just a tip - whenever you reach a new area hit each gold/black quest marker first even if it means running by a ?. I know that will mess with your ocd, but a lot of the side quests will help you clear out the PoIs without having to clear them twice. It makes exploring the massive map more efficient.

Last edited:

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome tip, thanks for that! Anything that cuts down on repetition is extremely welcome. What's the significance of the gold/black quest markers vs the standard white ones?

Jan 10, 2018
Still can't play the game for more than 2 minutes on the PS4 Pro until it crashes. I almost made it to the boss in the opening today. Never gone past that. It's the only game I've ever played where I can't even get past the first few minutes. I've tried so many solutions but nothing seems to work.

Concidering no one answered my last post about this I guess I'm the only one with this issue. It seems strange since it's like the biggest issue a video game can have. It is literally unplayable for me. I'm thinking of giving up and selling it but I SO want to play it. :(

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't play the game for more than 2 minutes on the PS4 Pro until it crashes. I almost made it to the boss in the opening today. Never gone past that. It's the only game I've ever played where I can't even get past the first few minutes. I've tried so many solutions but nothing seems to work.

Concidering no one answered my last post about this I guess I'm the only one with this issue. It seems strange since it's like the biggest issue a video game can have. It is literally unplayable for me. I'm thinking of giving up and selling it but I SO want to play it. :(
That's shitty man =[

I haven't experienced any crashes yet on my Pro. Only thing I can think of is maybe the install location? Do you have an external drive you could install it to? Or maybe if it's already on an external drive reinstall it internally?

Jan 10, 2018
That's shitty man =[

I haven't experienced any crashes yet on my Pro. Only thing I can think of is maybe the install location? Do you have an external drive you could install it to? Or maybe if it's already on an external drive reinstall it internally?

No it's on the main drive. I don't have an external drive so I can't try it. On the official forums they told me to reset my game license but that didn't seem to work at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome tip, thanks for that! Anything that cuts down on repetition is extremely welcome. What's the significance of the gold/black quest markers vs the standard white ones?
The gold ones with the black exclamation mark are unique side quests that have a story tied to them. They are often around the quality of main story quests with directed cut scenes and dialog choices.

The hour glass icons are timed procedurally generated quests that are just kill person here or fetch item. Feel free to ignore those.

Contracts are kill x amount of enemies for experience and money. Those can also be ignored, but it is a good idea to pick those up whenever you enter a new area because you will naturally complete them. Don't feel pressured to go out of your way to finish them though. It's just extra.

Oct 25, 2017
I've caught up with the DLC since I got the gold edition on a discount.

Legacy of the First Blade is really bad. Like the whole romance thing feels like it comes out of nowhere, and even then the whole "gotta continue the bloodline" plot feels really forced...

even though the reveal that Kassandra is Aya's ancestor is cool

Fate of Atlantis however is so far leagues better

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017

Where exactly was it crashing? I'm playing a digital copy on a PS4 Pro and after a patch about a month ago the game started crashing at the splash screen whenever I would try to load a saved game. I tried redownloading and reinstalling and that didn't fix it. I finally remembered about rebuilding the PS4 database, so I did that and it did the trick! Maybe try that if you haven't already. It's pretty simple to do.

Jan 10, 2018
Where exactly was it crashing? I'm playing a digital copy on a PS4 Pro and after a patch about a month ago the game started crashing at the splash screen whenever I would try to load a saved game. I tried redownloading and reinstalling and that didn't fix it. I finally remembered about rebuilding the PS4 database, so I did that and it did the trick! Maybe try that if you haven't already. It's pretty simple to do.

It's crashing during the fight with the three big enemies in the middle of the battle. I've managed to get past them once but then it crashes on the boss.

Does rebuilding really matter when Odyssey is the only game I have on the console and I've just initialized the system to wipe it clean?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any sort of rule of thumb for selling gear and weapons I won't use vs. dismantling? I just left Kephallonia and am already at 3,000 drachmae despite mostly dismantling stuff for materials.

Seems like money flow from quests (especially since I do all side quests) is decent.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
So, got the DLC at last. I can see why people were upset with the Legacy of the First Blade. The story really forces the relationship on you. And the 'fix' doesn't do much either. That said the third part was particularly fun as my Kassandra basically went ham on all and sundry. However, it doesn't make any sense if you finished the main story with the 'best' ending. Where have they all gone? It only makes sense with the 'worst' ending.
So getting into the Atlantis DLC next. Very pretty but finding it a tad easy (though I admit my Stealth build is a bit op).

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just got to Crete for the first time at level 38. I mostly came by for the arena and figured I'd clear Pephka and Messara while I was there.

Holy damn there's a lot of content here. Level 43 now and I still have a bunch of stuff to do.

I love the arid color palette and landscape. It's such a nice breather from tropical isles and mainland Greece.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Dangit, I got the game for free with the Project Stream thing from Google and I'm towards the end so am looking at the Season Pass, but it's always been way more expensive and rarely on sale outside of Steam. I can't get just the pass on Steam because everything is on Uplay. :(

A bunch of stores will put everything on sale except the Season Pass, which is just so frustrating. Humble store is doing that right now, in fact. They basically have the exact same deals as Steam, but the Season Pass and the DLCs individually are full price.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
So what is this giant 6GB patch for?

PATCH SIZES & DEPLOYMENT TIMINGS:
Xbox One: 6.2GB @ 6am UTC | 2am EDT | 8am CEST
PS4: 9.8GB @ 6am UTC | 2am EDT | 8am CEST
PC: 6.2GB @ 1pm UTC | 9am EDT | 3PM CEST
Please note that these timings are estimates and subject to change.
Check out the most notable changes with 1.3.0 below.
CONTENT
EPISODE 2 – TORMENTS OF HADES – THE FATE OF ATLANTIS
  • Added in-game support for Torments of Hades
LOST TALES OF GREECE
  • Added in-game support for upcoming Lost Tales of Greece
FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
BALANCING
  • Upped Ikaros's attack damage
  • Mercenaries will now carry different amounts of iron and gems to be looted. It's not equal work, equal pay in ancient Greece, Misthios!
  • Addressed an issue causing enemy fire attack damage to be too high
  • Enemy archers no longer have the ability to apply players Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats engravings to themselves. No getting owned by archers any more
  • Reduced the weekly contract objectives to make them simpler and faster to complete
  • Aligned sell price of "The Fate of Atlantis" weapons with main game weapons
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Ainigmata Ostraka now indicate if they're from Greece or other realms
  • Added a visual hint for items currently assigned to another loadout
  • Unique Legendary Lieutenants will now scale up with players