• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I see that the recommended level for the Atlantis DLC triggering side quest is 52. Is that a level that is reasonable to expect to be at by Family quest line's end? Or at least after finishing The Legacy of the Fitst Blade?

I know that you can use a preset level 52 character, but I'd like to use my own.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I see that the recommended level for the Atlantis DLC triggering side quest is 52. Is that a level that is reasonable to expect to be at by Family quest line's end? Or at least after finishing The Legacy of the Fitst Blade?

I know that you can use a preset level 52 character, but I'd like to use my own.
You can start the Atlantis DLC at level 28, so I wouldn't worry about your level.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Episode 2 of Fate of Atlantis today.
I enjoyed it overall, but some of the combat mechanics they're introducing now are just annoying. Rifts that you need to activate to damage enemies? Lame. And good lord the final boss of this episode was irritating too. Not difficult, but come on, I'm level 98. Just let me bulldoze everything.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the main story in Episode 2 without completing some side quests and areas.Can i return somehow?

Btw i like it much more than Episode 1.A bit shorter though

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aha. Great info, thanks. Hopefully not too much detective work. But I don't care, either way. Definitely my favorite AC game after 26 hrs of play.

Some of the cultists are tied to the main story line. Some are only exposed by doing a side quest in a certain region (a good number are tied to side quests). It's not difficult to find all of them if you put in the time however.

I finished the main story in Episode 2 without completing some side quests and areas.Can i return somehow?

Btw i like it much more than Episode 1.A bit shorter though

I think if you open the world map and hold the Square button (or whatever button for your controller) you can return to Elysium and the Underworld. There should be an icon in the bottom left corner indicating this on the world map if you can't figure out which button to hold.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think if you open the world map and hold the Square button (or whatever button for your controller) you can return to Elysium and the Underworld. There should be an icon in the bottom left corner indicating this on the world map if you can't figure out which button to hold.

Thanks that worked

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished the main story after a shit ton of hours. The world is ridiculously huge but I think I've covered nearly every inch of it now. I really enjoyed it but it did start to feel repetitive after a while and my completionist nature had me racing from one question mark to the next to wrap things up by the end. This has easily been my favorite AC though and the one I've invested the most amount of time in. The Atlantis trailer sold me on the season pass so I'm looking forward to that.

It should've been so obvious that it was Aspasia, but somehow it didn't occur to me. I mercilessly killed every cult member I came across, other than Deimos, and wasn't expecting to face any dilemma while on my way to confront her. It must have taken me at least 10 minutes to decide whether to kill her or not, but I let her live... and I'm still feeling conflicted about it. In the moment her nice little speech swayed me and letting her live seemed more interesting, but I also feel like she's a master liar and I just totally got played like everyone else she's manipulated lol. I got the impression that she's the origin of the Templars though so it seemed like she was meant to live. Alexios also may have kissed her. He was supposed to only romance the dudes but I've found that he has a mind of his own and no self-control. Ugh I feel like I betrayed Phoibe. ;_;

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Done with Ep 2. I know its the underworld and respect the art direction and all but damn did I miss Elysium! Also I hit level 99 before this ep came out from doing daily quests. 232 hours in, I'm looking forward to ep 3 coming so I can finally put this great game to bed.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I love the hell out of the main game so far (40 hours in), but I a bit relived the DLC seems to be underwhelming, because that's less for my backlog lol

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Finished Episode 2 of the Atlantis DLC. Some thoughts.

After the fantastic first episode, couldn't help but feel this one was a letdown. First, after the gorgeous Elysium location, the dull/drab Hades (which fits thematically, I suppose) is a boring place to explore. On top of that, the world map is considerably shorter than Elysium and the central quest also much more shorter. Here's hoping the third episode is more meaty and more fun to explore like the first one.

The present timeline cliff-hanger is also much more abrupt (and worse) than the first episode. Honestly, I would have preferred slightly more spaced two episodes instead of three.

assassinscreedodysseyvwkdp.png

assassinscreedodysseyjsj7v.png

--

Also, just in general. AC Odyssey continues to be one of my favorite worlds to just explore in the world. I find it very aesthetically pleasing and just stroll on the horse and explore/sight see.

assassinscreedodysseyrxk03.png

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Really didn't need even more reason to dislike Layla Hassan, but hey, if you're offerin'...

Disappointed with the second episode as a whole. Felt like there was less to do overall, and the underworld just wasn't all that fun to traverse... Well, it IS Hades, so maybe that was kind of the point.

The line of quests related Phoibe and Brasidas, of course. And that final boss fight against Hades himself—who was seriously asking for it throughout the entire thing.

Beyond that... Eh... Wasn't even too crazy about the ability upgrades this time around. Hoping that the final episode doesn't disappoint.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond that... Eh... Wasn't even too crazy about the ability upgrades this time around. Hoping that the final episode doesn't disappoint.

Yeah, none of the upgrades in this episode were good for my build either. The first episode had quite a few good one's.

Honestly, this seems like a filler DLC more than anything. Hopefully the third episode is more like the first, not like this.

Wondering if
Poseidon is going to be the big bad for it, or if we're actually going to see Zeus.

And what location it might be in .. Mt. Olympus perhaps ?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I spent a few hours in the Underworld today and I like it so far. It definitely isn't as pretty to look at visually as Elysium was but I still dig the grim dark vibe going on in it.

The Phoebe story line was fun and I like seeing the softer side of Kassandra. Plus the goat scene with the Cyclops had me laughing my ass off.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, none of the upgrades in this episode were good for my build either. The first episode had quite a few good one's.

Honestly, this seems like a filler DLC more than anything. Hopefully the third episode is more like the first, not like this.

Wondering if
Poseidon is going to be the big bad for it, or if we're actually going to see Zeus.

And what location it might be in .. Mt. Olympus perhaps ?

I would guess we might actually see Atlantis proper since it's the main point of the DLC.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game in a recent sale with all DLC and spent about 10 hours in the world. The first 5 hours were a bit underwhelming imho. I played Sekiro before in which every fight is tense and thrilling. I missed that in the combat system in ACO. On the other hand it is really strong on the writing. I really like that the dialogue feels so natural and light hearted, the characters show strong emotions in their voice and the dialogue choices are simple but they feel refreshing. Especially after dealing with cryptic dialogue in Sekiro with almost no emotion. After a talk with an NPC in Sekiro I was often more clueless than before. The exploration is also great. The writing and the exploration let me push on after hour 5 and it was worth it. Now I am sucked in the world of ancient Greece and I probably won't leave for a long time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Atlantis proper or a simulation ?

I swear this simulation aspect is so fucking stupid.
Either is fine with me. I just want to explore Atlantis. I just want to be happy.

Honestly, the DLC for this game hasn't blown me away. I think they did a much better job with the expansion packs for Origins. Those were well thought out and interesting. Also, maybe episodic isn't the best format to go with.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Atlantis part 2 and I think it wasn't cruel and grim enough.
I liked the stories ...
need to kill more people when I do NG+ :D
I dislike that the armor bonus is only useful in the one zone.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just did the "One really, really bad day" sidequest and I must say that was amazing lol. Definitely my favorite.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is trophy ofor killing all the Fallen but the last one is undiscovered and i canlt find him.Any help?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
There is trophy ofor killing all the Fallen but the last one is undiscovered and i canlt find him.Any help?

You'll run into all of them through the quests in the DLC pack. None of them are 'hidden'.

Speaking of that .. how the fuck do I find the Tier S4 Mercs they have added to the base game ? I found two of them just purely by coincidence .. is there no sure way to get their locations ? I have keeping offing Mercs left and right hoping the clues they drop might lead me to the top two guys, but nothing so far for hours.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just did the "One really, really bad day" sidequest and I must say that was amazing lol. Definitely my favorite.
Yep, reminded me of *that* side quest in Yakuza 0.

Proper as in not these two rooms we've seen looking out over Atlantis, but actual Atlantis itself.

I would love this,but wondering if its feasible for them to do a completely under water zone (with running and climbing and stuff, and not just swimming).

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
You'll run into all of them through the quests in the DLC pack. None of them are 'hidden'.

Speaking of that .. how the fuck do I find the Tier S4 Mercs they have added to the base game ? I found two of them just purely by coincidence .. is there no sure way to get their locations ? I have keeping offing Mercs left and right hoping the clues they drop might lead me to the top two guys, but nothing so far for hours.
isn't getting the highest tier bounty a good way to get them to hunt you?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
isn't getting the highest tier bounty a good way to get them to hunt you?

I've tried that, ran into a fort with a leader inside it. Shanked his ass to get an instant 5 star bounty and just starting offing mercs. Did that for around an hour and offed like 20 mercs last night but never got any rank higher than what I am.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've tried that, ran into a fort with a leader inside it. Shanked his ass to get an instant 5 star bounty and just starting offing mercs. Did that for around an hour and offed like 20 mercs last night but never got any rank higher than what I am.

Are they in the Arena by any chance? I remember some of the lower ones were in the Arena sometimes.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Atlantis wasn't always underwater.

There's no telling what they could do with it being a simulation, I mean we went to Elysium and Hades.

I'm like 99% sure you see Atlantis in the trailer for the "Fate of Atlantis" DLC they released a few months back. You saw Elysium and the Underworld in the trailer as well....

Edit: Yeah go to 1:42. Atlantis.....not underwater.

www.youtube.com

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis DLC | Launch Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

In the second DLC, The Fate of Atlantis, venture into the fabled realms of Greek mythology to discover your hero's true power and unravel the mysteries of th...

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm like 99% sure you see Atlantis in the trailer for the "Fate of Atlantis" DLC they released a few months back. You saw Elysium and the Underworld in the trailer as well....

Edit: Yeah go to 1:42. Atlantis.....not underwater.

www.youtube.com

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis DLC | Launch Trailer | Ubisoft [NA]

In the second DLC, The Fate of Atlantis, venture into the fabled realms of Greek mythology to discover your hero's true power and unravel the mysteries of th...

There you have it.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Already tried a quest yesterday in Athens. You could clearly see that this was a test quest because it involved killing a nearby person with no dialogue. The system works though and it is a great idea.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I've finally completed the family ending after several months and 134 hours of playtime. I got the good ending, which was nice, now I just have all the rest to complete.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying this game out for a minute. Might buy it on PC if there are some good HUD mods.

I'm disappointed that, even in exploration mode, you can't turn off floating quest and question mark icons unless you turn off the entire HUD.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States