• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
WTF, I can't beat this god damn Cerberus at the start of EP2 of Atlantis. I don't know if I suddenly became a bad player, but I just can't, on the easiest difficulty. This is fucking Assassin's Creed, not Dark Souls, why the fuck did they made this so difficult.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WTF, I can't beat this god damn Cerberus at the start of EP2 of Atlantis. I don't know if I suddenly became a bad player, but I just can't, on the easiest difficulty. This is fucking Assassin's Creed, not Dark Souls, why the fuck did they made this so difficult.

Yeah I struggled with this as it was weird to have not played in a month and then be thrown into one of the hardest boss fights in the game. Fire is bullshit in this game and this dude spews this shit constantly. I finally figured out that staying close and dodging a lot was the trick to staying alive and finally beat it.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I struggled with this as it was weird to have not played in a month and then be thrown into one of the hardest boss fights in the game. Fire is bullshit in this game and this dude spews this shit constantly. I finally figured out that staying close and dodging a lot was the trick to staying alive and finally beat it.
Yep sticking close to him makes the fight much easier, I struggled when keeping a distance because of the barrage of fire thrown at you but once you close in you're then forcing him to go with more physical attacks which are easier to dodge.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
That boss fight is so lame.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I got him but the difficulty spike was certainly noticeable. If I had any complaint about this DLC it's that they seem to be going with some new silly combat mechanics just to make things tougher. Enemies that teleport, enemies that shoot lasers, enemies that you have to activate switches to be able to damage. Come the fuck on...

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I really liked this episode 1 of the DLC Atlantis. Compared to the first DLC, we can feel the difference. The writing is more consistent. Special mention to the OST, we quickly feel that there is a rotten side to this paradise, it made me think of the episode "Paradise Lost" of Stargate, for those who see what I'm talking about. Everything is beautiful, everything is pretty, but it's really not fine. Same for the enemies, I appreciate for my part the teleportations, laser beam & co, it spices things up.

I understand that some people have been frustrated with having to do all the quests, but I am a player who likes to take his time, so no problem at all.
Already started episode 2 in the underworld, I beat Cerberus the first time, you have to stay close to him to avoid the flames and it's only a PV bag.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked this episode 1 of the DLC Atlantis. Compared to the first DLC, we can feel the difference. The writing is more consistent. Special mention to the OST, we quickly feel that there is a rotten side to this paradise, it made me think of the episode "Paradise Lost" of Stargate, for those who see what I'm talking about. Everything is beautiful, everything is pretty, but it's really not fine. Same for the enemies, I appreciate for my part the teleportations, laser beam & co, it spices things up.

I understand that some people have been frustrated with having to do all the quests, but I am a player who likes to take his time, so no problem at all.
Already started episode 2 in the underworld, I beat Cerberus the first time, you have to stay close to him to avoid the flames and it's only a PV bag.

Episode 1 was funny because for some reason I just started wandering as soon as they cut me loose and didn't do any of the quests until I 100%'d the map. So it was weird sometimes when I would already have a quest item in my possession.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Just beat the Family quest line, got a really bad ending (paused the cutscene in shock)and I don't even care. That was one of my favorite final 30 mins of a game in quite some time. Fabulous. Just love this game. Kassandra is an all time favorite game protagonist for me. Stunningly beautiful on 1X/4K.

Question about the whole hunting down the cultists story line: how hard is it to track them down? I'd like to see this ending, too, but I don't know if I have enough time to devote to extracting clues from the world in order to identify the cultists. I've killed all but one who were exposed through a normal play through, maybe half of the total. Am I looking at another 20 hrs or so to track and kill the remaining ones? Worth it? Is there an efficient way to go about it?

Or should I play the DLC? No one seems too thrilled with that, I see. Or maybe do the Minotaur?

I also noticed that the only cultist I didn't kil is a level 49, and I'm level 42. Will I have to level up to kill them? Not sure how levels apply to this part of the game.

Amazing game.

Last edited:

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I just finished the main story in Origins, I also own this. I don't know if I can go right into Odyssee.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Yep sticking close to him makes the fight much easier, I struggled when keeping a distance because of the barrage of fire thrown at you but once you close in you're then forcing him to go with more physical attacks which are easier to dodge.

Thanks for the tip. Staying close to this three-headed asshole helped and I could beat him.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Episode 1 was funny because for some reason I just started wandering as soon as they cut me loose and didn't do any of the quests until I 100%'d the map. So it was weird sometimes when I would already have a quest item in my possession.
Well, I do exactly the opposite! I try to follow the quest scenario as much as possible and in the Elyseum, they did a good job of exploring the whole map through the quests. It's smaller and therefore easier.
They even almost succeeded in restoring sensations of exploration and climbing with the "Ruins of Rhadamanthos".

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I just finished episode 2 of the Atlantis dlc and man, the expansion was fantastic but holy shit that ending with Layla was so bad, dear god did we really need any more reason to hate her? The modern day aspect just straight up sucks now, even though it used to be one of the main pulls of the series for me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
does the Atlantis DLC have a overarching name like Legacy of the First Blade had? These episodes seem more self containted / named than the previous ones were, maybe its just me.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
does the Atlantis DLC have a overarching name like Legacy of the First Blade had? These episodes seem more self containted / named than the previous ones were, maybe its just me.
It's the Fate of Atlantis.

The first 3 episodes all had subtitles as well. As for the structure, I don't think we'll find out the overarching story until the third.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I am somewhere in chapter 4 after 20ish hours and haven't even explored half of the world. It is really big and I need some days off to explore all of it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Been 7 months since I played, but this thread gave me the itch to dive back into Ancient Greece. I will probably start a new playthrough, because I don't like going back to the story after being out of it for so long. Shame you can't access NG+ without finishing the story, but oh well. It isn't like I am going to delete my old playthrough.

First thing I did, however, was load an old save file and see if they finally fixed the photo mode bug my version suffered from since release. Lo and behold: skirts of sitting/squatting/lying people don't automatically fly up anymore. FUCKING YES. You wouldn't believe how awful that was when one of your hobbies is to document the daily life of Greek citizens. It was downright creepy when it happened to children.

Edit: This looks hilariously out of place and I kind of love it.

assassinscreedodysseyadj9t.jpg

Wish the hair and eyes were tied to the headwear, though, instead of the torso. That way you could wear your regular armor while still looking, eh, intense.

Last edited:

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Edit: resolved! :)

Hey folks, I'm hoping you all might know something about a problem I've run into with this game on PS4. I'm at the end of Chapter 6 (I only know it's the end because the trophy popped). My character is (end of chapter 6 spoilers) leaving Hippokrates and Socrates to fend for themselves in plague-ridden Athens and hopping on her boat to head off on some new quest. The cutscenes play for a few minutes and then it crashes.

I have encountered my fair share of blue screen crashes with this game, but this is a nasty one. The game autosaved before running the cutscenes, so all I can do is skip through them and wait for the crash to happen at exactly the same spot (before I regain control of my character).

I have tried reinstalling the game as well as rebuilding the database. I even tried cleaning out the fans on the system, all to no avail. Is this a known problem (I did a bit of digging but couldn't find anything)? Am I SOL? I think I'm SOL, and that sucks because I have been loving the game.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Huh, I wonder if they changed the loot tables. I remember it took me until Arkadia, well on my way to level 50, to loot a common Traveler's Garment (the leg/hip piece). Now I looted one on Kephallonia. I also got a Hunter's Belt as well. These were more common in my first playthrough, but still.

Of course, it could also be simple coincidence.

Hey folks, I'm hoping you all might know something about a problem I've run into with this game on PS4. I'm at the end of Chapter 6 (I only know it's the end because the trophy popped). My character is (end of chapter 6 spoilers) leaving Hippokrates and Socrates to fend for themselves in plague-ridden Athens and hopping on her boat to head off on some new quest. The cutscenes play for a few minutes and then it crashes.

I have encountered my fair share of blue screen crashes with this game, but this is a nasty one. The game autosaved before running the cutscenes, so all I can do is skip through them and wait for the crash to happen at exactly the same spot (before I regain control of my character).

I have tried reinstalling the game as well as rebuilding the database. I even tried cleaning out the fans on the system, all to no avail. Is this a known problem (I did a bit of digging but couldn't find anything)? Am I SOL? I think I'm SOL, and that sucks because I have been loving the game.
That sucks; I wish I could help but it is the first time I hear of this. Dumb question perhaps, but did you already search on the official forums? You could always start a thread there yourself; maybe the tech support staff could help you and if not, they will at least report the problem to the dev team.

Also, do you have any older save files you can load? You might lose some progress, but maybe doing some quests in a different order will help.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
That sucks; I wish I could help but it is the first time I hear of this. Dumb question perhaps, but did you already search on the official forums? You could always start a thread there yourself; maybe the tech support staff could help you and if not, they will at least report the problem to the dev team.

Also, do you have any older save files you can load? You might lose some progress, but maybe doing some quests in a different order will help.

I appreciate the suggestions, including trying a more official route, since it hardly ever occurs to me to contact official support! In this case I thought of it just after posting this, and the tech's very first suggested fix solved the issue. :) (Lower the display resolution on the console to get past the hitch)

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
End of chapter 6 right now and the story really got to me. Especially that scene with chrysis. I didn't expect to be that invested in the story. Kassandra is such a good character, I really could feel her anger. So good.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Since I already know the game so well I decided to turn the compass off. Felt a bit weird in the beginning, but it has been pretty great so far. I did actually get lost one time in Phokis, haha. I was running up a path, thinking it would lead me to the crossroads near the northern fort, only to end up at the Kalydonian Boar arena. Oops...

Visual customization also continues to be a godsend.

End of chapter 6 right now and the story really got to me. Especially that scene with chrysis. I didn't expect to be that invested in the story. Kassandra is such a good character, I really could feel her anger. So good.
Yeah she is really great. I just ended the Megaris story line and her voice acting in that final scene is so intense.

I am already looking forward to everything that happens at Delphi.

The Deimos introductory scene in particular. Alexios as Deimos was so good in that scene... (And only in that scene, sadly...)

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
One really really bad day might be my favorite quest in the entire game
Chikaros was one fierce eagle

Game is fabulous. Just finished the Minotaur, I'll play that quest you mention before I jump into the DLC. Im seriously considering a new game plus run. I got a pretty terrible main quest ending. Like, pause the cutscene in shock ending.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Just visited thera and holy hell the game keeps getting bigger and bigger and there is no stop to it. I never expected this turn of events which started in a tiny Sidequest that made me curious. Now I have so many more quests. This game is truly an Odyssey.
Currently lvl 29 and I can't wait to reach lvl 30 to do that air stomp.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just visited thera and holy hell the game keeps getting bigger and bigger and there is no stop to it. I never expected this turn of events which started in a tiny Sidequest that made me curious. Now I have so many more quests. This game is truly an Odyssey.
Currently lvl 29 and I can't wait to reach lvl 30 to do that air stomp.

Glad you are enjoying the game so much! Once you finish the game you should check out the new DLC!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I have been spending the evening praying to the RNGoddess for a Hunter's chest piece, you know, the one with the cool body paint. No luck yet, sadly.

You know what I did yet? A dozen Athenian Linothoraxes. Remote bandit camps, ancient underwater ruins, Spartan army encampments... Linothorax after Linothorax after Linothorax. All grey quality, just to rub it in.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
There are actually two different body paint patterns with those Hunter's pieces.
I know. A white cloth one and a brown leather one, both with their own pattern.

I wonder if it really is completely random or if they maybe have a higher chance to drop from, say, high ranked Daughters of Artemis. Then again, I got the belt from a chest on Kephallonia and multiple bracers and boots from forts and the like.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I got one!

Not proud of it, but I ended up resorting to good ol' save scumming. The Sanctuary of Eleusis contains five chests, two epic and three normal, which are all unguarded to boot. Two don't even count as stealing for some reason. The perfect spot to reload until you finally get what you want.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Finished the game yesterday after 80+ hours. Still a lot of side-quests and Lost Tale of Greece tales left to uncover. Odyssey is definitely in my Top 3 AC games along with ACII and Brotherhood (which are timeless for me).

Can't wait for truly next-gen AC game in 2020 as foundations are laid and I can only imagine what they can do with this formula.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I'm finally diving in here

Is the consensus definitely Kassadra > Alex?

(Apologies for spelling)

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I personally think Kassandra is fantastic, although Alexios has his fans as well. If you aren't sure who to pick, you could always play through the first hours with both and see who you like best.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
If anyone wants to try out my Story, it's called An Aegean Rhapsody. 5 quests, should take around 30 to 50 minutes I guess. Tries to keep with the game canon but as you have to use unique characters (and as everyones playthrough is a bit different) obviously it's not going to be accurate for most people. Still, I try to keep it within the themes and atmosphere of the game. Writing is a bit sketchy as I did it on the fly whilst making the quests. So apologies if it's a bit crap. Plenty to do though!
Oh and probably not to be played until end of game lol as it could be spoilerish. And it's set partly on Samos which is miles from Kephallonia.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fully finished the Underworld DLC. Really enjoyed it more than I thought I would given it's dark tone. Looking forward to the final chapter!

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Number 1 mercenary, hell yes. Though apparently the previous number 1 had a demon horse? Lol.

Guess I'll go back to the main story. 50 hours now and I'm only like 40% done with it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Number 1 mercenary, hell yes. Though apparently the previous number 1 had a demon horse? Lol.

Guess I'll go back to the main story. 50 hours now and I'm only like 40% done with it.
I've got pretty much all of the currently-released content done and I'm sitting at about 175 hours. I'm definitely ready for that last DLC so I can get this game wrapped.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Really digging the combat - seems like a slight improvement on origins - my one annoyance is trying to close distance on archers - wish I could sprint at them so they couldn't kite me like they seem to be doing now

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
The inventory screen in this game is impressive - well spaced with that awesome character model in the center - just super clean and super clear and I dig that music as well