• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I just realized there's actually not a trophy for getting every location - that's surprising - I know Origins had one
There are too many locations this time for anyone to bother with that and Ubi knew it.

They do have a "set foot in every region" trophy which is also extremely annoying, as some regions require you to zoom way in to determine if the map has an accurate texture indicating that you've been there, or the foggy, general map texture you see in areas you haven't visited. This was the last trophy I got before the Plat, and it took a few hours. I thought I missed one or two areas, and it turned out I missed closer to eight.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Making the DLC episodic is such a terrible way to do it.

I haven't minded it. This game is incredibly long and if they just dropped another 30+ hours of content on me at once I am not sure I would have finished it. I didn't come back to Origins until almost the time Odyssey came out because I wasn't sure I wanted to spend so long playing that game again.

While having to wait always sucks, at least I can still play other games after spending a few hours on the DLC every couple months.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, any plans regarding content Post-Atlantis DLC and post-Tales of Grace (Unless they have more, it seems according to trophies that there are only two or three left)?

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
The Lost tales of Greece, here we go: Herodotus' quest is ready!
It's time to resume the game, take command of the ship and... "There's much to do and many unknows on the horizon".
Stop it, Herodotus!!!

2WXFVWP.png

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only just got my ship but this game seems utterly massive

Honestly based on size, detail and amount of things to do I would guess it's one of the largest open world games ever made. Especially if you count the new DLC.

I'm sure some would argue other games are larger but I think Odyssey is the most stunning example of the lot.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 30 and I'm about to visit Mikonos for the first time. My playtime is around 30 hours - this game just keeps on giving

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I stopped my first playthrough at 160 hours and I was only at chapter 7 of the main story and still had a slew of regions left that I had done little to no questing in. Of course I didn't use fast travel at all, so there are many hours of sailing/running/horse riding. But still. The game is utterly massive and, after healthy 6 month break, still very entertaining.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped my first playthrough at 160 hours and I was only at chapter 7 of the main story and still had a slew of regions left that I had done little to no questing in. Of course I didn't use fast travel at all, so there are many hours of sailing/running/horse riding. But still. The game is utterly massive and, after healthy 6 month break, still very entertaining.

I had a lengthy trip around the western continent to get to Mikonos on my ship last night. I had been docked on the north side of Korinthia and had no other way to get there

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Guys,how come I cant knock down most of the guys in one shot in the Atlantis DLC...the regular guys are even like 2 or 3 levels lower then me and they turn around and elbow me with almost no HP left...I have to run away and do it another time...I have 24 to do like this,I really whish I could knock them down in one shot(to Liberate)...do I need a special weapon equipped or what(or none at all)...?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Guys,how come I cant knock down most of the guys in one shot in the Atlantis DLC...the regular guys are even like 2 or 3 levels lower then me and they turn around and elbow me with almost no HP left...I have to run away and do it another time...I have 24 to do like this,I really whish I could knock them down in one shot(to Liberate)...do I need a special weapon equipped or what(or none at all)...?
Which enemies are they? There are standard enemies, but there are also statue sentries that come to life when alerted. The latter are particularly tough, but if your assassin damage is high enough you can get them in one shot via assassination before they are alerted. As for actual combat, it's just a matter of learning their attacks and how to avoid. They definitely increased the combat difficulty in the Atlantis DLC by adding various enemy attacks and limiting how you can deal with them.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I had a lengthy trip around the western continent to get to Mikonos on my ship last night. I had been docked on the north side of Korinthia and had no other way to get there
You realize once you discover a dock you and just warp the Adrestia to it right? You could've just gone from Megara to Mikonos. Not realistic but just thought I'd mention it.
I think DazzlerIE might be talking about the quest to bring that one hetaera from Korinth to Mykonos. I guess she will simply stay on the boat while you run to the nearest dock on the other side of the isthmus, but I can understand wanting to set sail immediately to continue the quest.

I personally think sailing is pretty chill, though, especially southwards since the waves won't work against you. And it can be fun from a role-playing standpoint to make such a large journey. It is why I try to keep fast-travel to an absolute minimum, to stay in-character as someone living in Ancient Greece with all the running and sailing that comes with it. Kind of like how I only used carts for fast-travel in Skyrim.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Fast travelling only from port to port would be good for role-playing/atmosphere/immersion.
Trying to KO enemies can be a real pain once they get tough anywhere in the game as your KO ability doesn't get stronger (from stealth - even if assassin power is increased there's no critical KO). You have to use the KO arrows or the Spartan Kick (using Devestating Shot and KO with good Hunter level may take most down with one hit). I also found that only the weaker male soldiers could be KO'd from stealth easily. The female and Brute soldiers are just too high.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a whole week playing this and I finally beat it today at around 68 hours played. I loved Origins and this but I especially liked that this one fixed my major issue with Origins: the story and writing. Odyssey's narrative was more engaging, even though the ending sorta felt like it came and went without much of a climax.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Whew. Finally got the Adrestia's hull to level 6. The golden accents make many of the skins look much better. Plus the default skin now has a red sail instead of a white one.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a whole week playing this and I finally beat it today at around 68 hours played. I loved Origins and this but I especially liked that this one fixed my major issue with Origins: the story and writing. Odyssey's narrative was more engaging, even though the ending sorta felt like it came and went without much of a climax.

Yeah I had the same issue with the endings. No build up or whatever then its over. Tbh it may not help depending on your story. My Kassandra was NOT letting anyone live through this. The start of the game was a good sign I'd stick to it but another character you meet early on solidified my choice.

If you actually kill them, there's literally nothing else to the story at all but that.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I need to find more stone tablets for my ship upgrades. Those seem super rare and I found them only in ruins. Wood on the other hand is another limiting factor. I grab every bit I can get. I even buy it en masse from the vendors. Maybe I should focus on my mercenary ranking because there is an upgrade that makes every ship upgrade cheaper.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I think DazzlerIE might be talking about the quest to bring that one hetaera from Korinth to Mykonos. I guess she will simply stay on the boat while you run to the nearest dock on the other side of the isthmus, but I can understand wanting to set sail immediately to continue the quest.

I personally think sailing is pretty chill, though, especially southwards since the waves won't work against you. And it can be fun from a role-playing standpoint to make such a large journey. It is why I try to keep fast-travel to an absolute minimum, to stay in-character as someone living in Ancient Greece with all the running and sailing that comes with it. Kind of like how I only used carts for fast-travel in Skyrim.

That's exactly the situation I was in. I had to physically sail the boat around the continent as I couldn't progress the mission otherwise. I didn't mind, it was pretty chill

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
So I was looking at the antiquity pack on sale on PSN. I'm wondering if I could grab that and buy the season pass later when it goes on sale. Is there any advantage to playing the game from the start with the season pass? I don't care about super gear much either, also I don't own Origins or Odyssey so the Origins gold edition looks good too.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Kassandra's voice actress does such an incredible job. Even the mundane quests are fun for me because I just enjoy hearing her dialog and responses to other characters.

Part of me wishes we could get a Brotherhood-esque sequel starring her.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Kassandra's voice actress does such an incredible job. Even the mundane quests are fun for me because I just enjoy hearing her dialog and responses to other characters.

Part of me wishes we could get a Brotherhood-esque sequel starring her.

Agree, I love her voice acting. Her delivery is a lot of fun, some lines are just hilarious.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered about the Lions in this game because I never heard about Lions in Greece. Turns out, there were really Lions there back in the day. Love this attention to detail.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The AI can be so weird in this game.

Three Spartan soldiers fight a lion while I run past them. I get pulled into combat. I assume the lion is the cause so I kill him (while hitting no one else). The thee Spartan soldiers cry foul and turn on me.

Shortly thereafter I spot a mercenary I want to recruit. I approach her, but to my surprise she automatically aggros. The mercenary standing next to her follows suit, meaning it is now two against one. I pull them out of the city to fight them, when a third mercenary passes us by. He immediately jumps from his horse and joins the fight against me.

What. The. Fuck.

At least they were all three slightly above me in rank so I advanced to the next tier. Currently 6 and aiming to get to 4 so I can further upgrade the Adrestia.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Went to do the Minotaur quest on Krete.

The real one.

Still great fun, but I am somewhat baffled they set the entire quest chain at level 29 - 30 only to put the boss at level 40. I didn't check the quest log for the level requirement so I got bodied by it. Guess I will have to return later...

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just finished Part 2 of The Fate Of The Atlantis, aka The Underworld.

I have mixed feelings about this. Visually, it was very tiring to play through 8/9 hours of just the same old grey/beige/brown-ish hues everywhere, and it became stale very fast. I feel like a lot of quest are barely interesting in the first place gameplay-wise, Kassandra is just here to play fetch for the Gods, and while it usually doesn't bother me much, it became so redundant from Part 1 of the DLC that even I grew slightly bored of it now.

Also, what's up with SO MANY DAMN FUCKING CAVES??? Like, I know this is Hades' world, but, ugh, still? Should have renamed this DLC "The Fate of Atlantis Part 2: Cave Story", that would have been more accurate, truly. I'm not a huge fan of the caves in general but give them a pass, but in this one, there just were way too much of them, they really went overboard with the caves.

However, I absolutely loved loved loooved the quest with Phoibe! Watching her die in the main story truly touched me and made me so sad for a very long time. I was so happy and sad to be able to see her again, just the moment her name popped up and Kassandra said in exclamation "Phoibe!" and I was already in tears. I loved everything about her quest. Except that sadistic narrative designer moment trying to make us believe she died in the Underworld by reenacting the way she died in the real one, I literally felt like cursing, really. Ubisoft toying with my emotions like that, I'm angry, but then, guess it worked. I managed to get her to Elysium, and to wait for Kassandra there. It was a beautiful send-off to one of my favorite characters, an excellent closure we all needed and deserved. Or maybe just me, but either way I'll take it.

Elpenor's quest was interesting, although I never vibed with the character, but it was nice to allow him to redeem himself and somewhat forgive him.

Brasidias' quest is one I enjoyed a lot, it felt nice to be able to fight beside him once more. I felt conflicted about his fate, but was determined to send him to Elysium as well. And he did, even though that might backfire at some point.

Overall, Hades lost all his bets he placed on my Kassandra with Poseidon, and ugh, haha, that amused me. I enjoyed his character design and personality, more than Persephone I'd say. And I enjoyed beating his ass down at the end.

So yeah like I said, mixed feelings. Also this DLC felt way too long for what it had to deliver, and I think that was already Elysium's problem for me? But that also might be because of the map topography that can be super annoying to navigate (high peaks and SO MANY CAVES) and also, having quests making you waste time coming back to areas you'd already cleaned once. Same old, tbh.

I can only hope that Part 3 will really deliver and manage to make all this a bit better, but so far I guess The Fate Of The Atlantis can't hold a candle to The Curse of The Pharaohs, aka my fave AC DLC ever.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Whew, got the spear at level 5. I thought I would need 12 shards for it, but it turned out you "only" need 9. This meant I could do levels 4 and 5 almost back to back, since I made sure to kill every cultist I came across.

Luckily for the cultist below, my spear had just been upgraded to level 5 when I encountered them. So I let them live for the time being.

fullscreen

The Eyes See All, indeed.

Not sure what to think of the level 5 prerequisite to unlock the last tier of many abilities. It feels too steep in comparison to the amount of abilities there are (and how many you will actively use). I am only level 32 and I already needed to pick abilities I knew I wouldn't use just to spend the ability points on something, as all the useful abilitie tiers were locked behind that level 5 spear.

So on one hand it is a good incentive to keep hunting those cultists; otherwise they would be easy to disregard as an extra "gotta kill them all" side-quest. But I think level 4 would have been enough?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Part 2 of The Fate Of The Atlantis, aka The Underworld.

I have mixed feelings about this. Visually, it was very tiring to play through 8/9 hours of just the same old grey/beige/brown-ish hues everywhere, and it became stale very fast. I feel like a lot of quest are barely interesting in the first place gameplay-wise, Kassandra is just here to play fetch for the Gods, and while it usually doesn't bother me much, it became so redundant from Part 1 of the DLC that even I grew slightly bored of it now.

Also, what's up with SO MANY DAMN FUCKING CAVES??? Like, I know this is Hades' world, but, ugh, still? Should have renamed this DLC "The Fate of Atlantis Part 2: Cave Story", that would have been more accurate, truly. I'm not a huge fan of the caves in general but give them a pass, but in this one, there just were way too much of them, they really went overboard with the caves.

However, I absolutely loved loved loooved the quest with Phoibe! Watching her die in the main story truly touched me and made me so sad for a very long time. I was so happy and sad to be able to see her again, just the moment her name popped up and Kassandra said in exclamation "Phoibe!" and I was already in tears. I loved everything about her quest. Except that sadistic narrative designer moment trying to make us believe she died in the Underworld by reenacting the way she died in the real one, I literally felt like cursing, really. Ubisoft toying with my emotions like that, I'm angry, but then, guess it worked. I managed to get her to Elysium, and to wait for Kassandra there. It was a beautiful send-off to one of my favorite characters, an excellent closure we all needed and deserved. Or maybe just me, but either way I'll take it.

Elpenor's quest was interesting, although I never vibed with the character, but it was nice to allow him to redeem himself and somewhat forgive him.

Brasidias' quest is one I enjoyed a lot, it felt nice to be able to fight beside him once more. I felt conflicted about his fate, but was determined to send him to Elysium as well. And he did, even though that might backfire at some point.

Overall, Hades lost all his bets he placed on my Kassandra with Poseidon, and ugh, haha, that amused me. I enjoyed his character design and personality, more than Persephone I'd say. And I enjoyed beating his ass down at the end.

So yeah like I said, mixed feelings. Also this DLC felt way too long for what it had to deliver, and I think that was already Elysium's problem for me? But that also might be because of the map topography that can be super annoying to navigate (high peaks and SO MANY CAVES) and also, having quests making you waste time coming back to areas you'd already cleaned once. Same old, tbh.

I can only hope that Part 3 will really deliver and manage to make all this a bit better, but so far I guess The Fate Of The Atlantis can't hold a candle to The Curse of The Pharaohs, aka my fave AC DLC ever.

i thought it zipped by pretty fast, personally. wasn't anything to write home about but map seemed more filled out whereas Elysium felt like they had an idea for a full game, dropped it midpoint and filled some sporadic stuff in there. and less reliance on the 'elevator' transportation things was welcome, not sure what they were going for with that other than wow cool look at the verticality

and i hated that i had to equip that stupid armor to pass those fog gates. guess they had to do it as you have enough tacked on "abilities" as is but felt like i was playing an NES game or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Garwoofoo

Oct 28, 2017
Whereas I really, really liked Torment of Hades - I thought it was easily the best of the 5 DLC packs so far. The whole idea of descending into the Underworld and meeting up with all the characters who'd died in the main game was a great one, and the caves felt like proper hand-crafted dungeons rather than the simple procedurally-generated ones from the main game. The environment was less tedious to navigate than Elysium, Hades himself was a great Loki-like presence throughout, and it didn't outstay its welcome like the first part did.

The weirdest thing was that because it had to stand alone, it didn't make any reference at all to Legacy of the First Blade. We've played three episodes based entirely around certain characters (no spoilers) being incredibly important to Kassandra, yet they were literally never mentioned here. That felt really odd.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
i thought it zipped by pretty fast, personally. wasn't anything to write home about but map seemed more filled out whereas Elysium felt like they had an idea for a full game, dropped it midpoint and filled some sporadic stuff in there. and less reliance on the 'elevator' transportation things was welcome, not sure what they were going for with that other than wow cool look at the verticality

and i hated that i had to equip that stupid armor to pass those fog gates. guess they had to do it as you have enough tacked on "abilities" as is but felt like i was playing an NES game or something

I'm a completionist, I cleaned the entire map, so maybe that's why. Also I started a lot of quests and kept on doing them until I finally realized I should probably do the armor one first, which probably led me to waste some time here and there, having to go back to places I couldn't reach before to properly clean them because of that damn armor.

And I agree, this DLC is easier to navigate than Elysium which was a nightmare in hindsight. But it was still extremely tiresome at times, I honestly grew bored of so many damn caves (that are unpleasant to navigate into just for the sheer fact they're caves, as well as getting easily lost in them trying to loot everything, I don't know it just tired me). I think it was a bit of a lazy move to resort so heavily on caves in order to shape the Underworld, I feel like other things could have been done, more beautifully. Compare it to the world of Anubis in Origins (Duat), and one has creativity and a beautiful and original art direction which is surprising at times but lovely, with a diversity of places and environment, and one is just dull and cliché and gets boring very very fast.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was a bit of a lazy move to resort so heavily on caves in order to shape the Underworld, I feel like other things could have been done, more beautifully. Compare it to the world of Anubis in Origins (Duat), and one has creativity and a beautiful and original art direction which is surprising at times but lovely, with a diversity of places and environment, and one is just dull and cliché and gets boring very very fast.
I think the DLC for Origins was on another level entirely. Not only in terms of aesthetics and level design, but the Egyptian mythos doesn't seem to be nearly so overused in entertainment as that of the Greeks and Romans. Having all of those new regions to explore in Origins, each representing different parts of the afterlife was a rather inspired decision.

Comparitively, I also think the episodic releases of the Odyssey DLC may be hurting it as well, compared to how we received less frequent, but much more substantial expansions for Origins. Though I understand why they did what they did. The aim in this case was to provide more consistent post-launch support on a more frequent basis. And the episodic release schedule allowed them to do that.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, got the spear at level 5. I thought I would need 12 shards for it, but it turned out you "only" need 9. This meant I could do levels 4 and 5 almost back to back, since I made sure to kill every cultist I came across.

Luckily for the cultist below, my spear had just been upgraded to level 5 when I encountered them. So I let them live for the time being.

fullscreen

The Eyes See All, indeed.

Not sure what to think of the level 5 prerequisite to unlock the last tier of many abilities. It feels too steep in comparison to the amount of abilities there are (and how many you will actively use). I am only level 32 and I already needed to pick abilities I knew I wouldn't use just to spend the ability points on something, as all the useful abilitie tiers were locked behind that level 5 spear.

So on one hand it is a good incentive to keep hunting those cultists; otherwise they would be easy to disregard as an extra "gotta kill them all" side-quest. But I think level 4 would have been enough?
Yeah, I thought the level 5 spear requirement felt a bit steep as well. I ended up banking a handful of talent points after a while because I didn't have anything I wanted to spend them on pre-level 5 spear.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The Heart of Stone quest on Seriphos stays great. Either I forgot or it didn't happen in my first playthrough, but I love that the victim actually puts a bounty on your head like a minute after storming out. I stayed at the party for a bit to see if any unique dialogue would happen and I suddenly see a bounty symbol pop up above one the soldiers' heads in the customs warehouse below. (They were still tagged from when I raided it earlier.) I actually began cursing at the game for being a buggy piece of shit since I made sure to hide the one soldier I killed. Then I looked at the bounty and it said "Crime: Deception".

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
One of the better photos I made, even if I do say so myself:

dkkya.jpg

Edit: Yooooooo, the Master Artemis set actually has body paint now? I had no idea they added that. The colors look a bit different as well. It all looks less... yellowy? I like it.

Before this I never actually used it, sticking with the regular hunter armor because of the paint. Now there is a reason to use the legendary look.

Last edited:

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I met testikles yesterday. One of the most funny guys in the game so far. Chapter 7 is really long, almost a tad too long.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna say that I'm enjoying Atlantis Ep 2 more than the first one. The underworld may be drab to look at, but the story and characters are way more focused and interesting. The environment is used in a cohesive way that's fun to explore, compared to Elysium which was very samey and just kinda a chore to get around in. Chasing down the fallen and encountering familiar faces is actually pretty fun. Interested to see where it goes next.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The weirdest thing was that because it had to stand alone, it didn't make any reference at all to Legacy of the First Blade. We've played three episodes based entirely around certain characters (no spoilers) being incredibly important to Kassandra, yet they were literally never mentioned here. That felt really odd.

And Legacy of the first blade outright ignores whatever ending you got in the main game. You'd think your family would at least be present in a couple of scenes given you settle down and all............

But, it seems that ubisoft is determined to keep the main game and the dlc's somewhat seperate from eachother. Which, in my opinion, straight up sucks. It would add so much if there was more continuity between these stories.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
But, it seems that ubisoft is determined to keep the main game and the dlc's somewhat seperate from eachother. Which, in my opinion, straight up sucks. It would add so much if there was more continuity between these stories.
It's just a case of different studios, different priorities.

As stated by Ubisoft, they're targeting the DLCs to more hardcore fans, and such the first one was developed alongside the main game by a separate studio in Europe (I believe?). That's why it's pretty much standalone and focused on tying Odyssey with Origins-The rest of the series.

Meanwhile, Atlantis is developed by the main team, and such it narratively continues some plot threads in a way LOTFB doesn't. Some.main game choices carry over to Atlantis so that's their intent.

Ubisoft just needs more communication between the ancillary studios and the main ones so the package feels more cohesive.