• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Chapter 7 just keeps on going - is it the game's longest chapter? When I finish it, how much main storyline do I have left?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Is all the dlc out now, or is more incoming? If there's more incoming, any idea on when it'll all be out? Haven't started the game yet, and thinking of waiting until all the dlc is out now.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Chapter 7 just keeps on going - is it the game's longest chapter? When I finish it, how much main storyline do I have left?

Yes it is a really long chapter but it has some entertaining quests for example in Olympia. After that there are maybe 2 or 3 hours and you are done with that questline.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this on and off for a few months and really enjoying it. I've just gotten to the point where it looks like a 3rd main quest line has opened up
Atlantis - Between Two Worlds.

What order would you recommend completing these main quest lines between family, cult and this 3rd line? Does it matter? Apologies if this has been asked before. I'm reluctant to search the thread due to spoilers.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My god, this game is so good, and I'm only a few hours in.

Kassandra is a lovely playable character. More of this please.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
It's a hit, but you can turn down the quality of the MXAO. I have a 1080ti and a 8700k and am playing at 1440p 60fps nearly maxed out. But I'm inserting SMAA and FXXA through reshade as well, turned down the ingame AA. Am happy with the IQ, added some clarity, now it looks sharp and clear.

Here you go:

ezgif.com-apng-to-gifpkk2q.gif

Original quality pics:

Vanilla
20190709222609_1okjbe.jpg

Reshade (MXAO, clarity, some sharpening etc.)
20190709222618_1szjdj.jpg
Okay I have a 1080ti and an 8086k how do I do this?!?! plz help me out :)

Also started this game 2 days ago LOVING it so far :D

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Just started the Atlantis DLC. The combat is a little more difficult compared to the last DLC. The kolossi and the adrenaline sapping created a few near death experiences.

Any tips on making it easier?

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Reached level 50 yesterday and now is the time to clean up the arena and claim my place as the mightiest mercenary of Greece. Still having a ton of fun despite completed the family quest line and only strolling on islands I never visited before and killing cultists.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about picking up the season pass. It's $50 CAD on Xbox. Worth it?

forgot how much i paid but i'm sure i got it quite cheaper, if you care to hold out a bit. though it was during those ps4 across the board sales, dunno how xbox metes those out

but regardless of saving a few bucks yeah it's worth it. if you care to mess with AC3 remastered at all (i personally didn't) it's a no brainer value

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
The Legacy of the First blade is fucking trash. Atlantis stuff is better but it's nothing groundbreaking. If you enjoyed base AC Odyssey and just want more, overall I'd say it's worth it.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Is it worth upgrading armor and weapons or should I just buy new ones each time I level up?
If you have certain sets you want to upgrade for their bonuses, only level them up every 10 levels because that's when their perks go up a tier, otherwise you're just raising damage/armour which aren't as important.

That's an end-game concern when you have completed sets for certain builds. As you're progressing through the game, just rely on whatever you loot. No point holding on to items for cosmetic reasons as everything you loot can be used as a skin.

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
I took an extended break from this game and I am more lost than ever. I've been playing as Alexios this whole time, and frankly.... I'm sick of seeing and hearing him. I still have main game left to play, but I've beaten enough to access new game plus. I started a new game with Kassandra. Now, before I get too terribly far, I'm just wondering.... what would you guys do? Stick with my restart? New game plus to blaze through what I've seen before as Kassandra, because frankly I don't want to continue a plot I don't remember much of? Just start the dlc with a pre levelled character from the menu? Will that even let me play the rest of the game? Sheeeesh, this game might just be too damn big :(

I'm thinking I'm probably going to get the good ol AC fatigue again before I ever see this dlc in context with the rest of the story. Ah well, worst case scenario I have a few more hours of fun hiding in bushes and stabbing people.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I took an extended break from this game and I am more lost than ever. I've been playing as Alexios this whole time, and frankly.... I'm sick of seeing and hearing him. I still have main game left to play, but I've beaten enough to access new game plus. I started a new game with Kassandra. Now, before I get too terribly far, I'm just wondering.... what would you guys do? Stick with my restart? New game plus to blaze through what I've seen before as Kassandra, because frankly I don't want to continue a plot I don't remember much of? Just start the dlc with a pre levelled character from the menu? Will that even let me play the rest of the game? Sheeeesh, this game might just be too damn big :(

I'm thinking I'm probably going to get the good ol AC fatigue again before I ever see this dlc in context with the rest of the story. Ah well, worst case scenario I have a few more hours of fun hiding in bushes and stabbing people.
Kassandra is leaps and bounds my favourite AC protagonist, it would be a shame not to get to play as her.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Okay I have a 1080ti and an 8086k how do I do this?!?! plz help me out :)

Also started this game 2 days ago LOVING it so far :D

Do you know reshade? It's not complicated and there are tutorials. You can add effects to your games. I added MXAO, which does better ambient occlusion, clarity for a cleaner picture and added fxaa and smaa as Antialiasing methods instead of the in-game stuff. Gives me better performance and a clean IQ.

Last edited:

karkii

Oct 25, 2017
How are the previous episodes of the dlc? Saw a trailer for the third one and I'm a sucker for the dumb AC lore so it kinda made me interested in the dlc.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Kassandra is leaps and bounds my favourite AC protagonist, it would be a shame not to get to play as her.

Kassandra and Alexios have the same lines, Alexios has much better voice acting. But, considering the enormous amount of lines, neither of them is amazing. They're the same character/protagonist.

Replaying the game with the other character will simply increase your fatigue, you're not getting a different experience.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Kassandra and Alexios have the same lines, Alexios has much better voice acting. But, considering the enormous amount of lines, neither of them is amazing. They're the same character/protagonist.

Replaying the game with the other character will simply increase your fatigue, you're not getting a different experience.
From what I have read, Kassandra's voice acting is more serious while Alexios is more sarcastic/goofy. So that could make a difference. But yeah, overall the story and the characterization stays the same.

Whether Alexios or Kassandra has better voice acting really is a matter of taste, though. People act like either Alexios or Kassandra is clearly the best, but just the fact that people say this about both characters show how divided opinions are.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the family storyline, took down all the legendary beasts, and I've only got one more Atlantis artifact to find (on Lesbos)

I'm level 42 and all the Lesbos content is gated at levels 46-50. What's the quickest way for me to level up? I'm hoping to wrap up the game relatively quickly and the thoughts of wading through hours of side quests aren't filling me with excitement

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Started the DLC and good god Atlantis is beautiful, even more so than Elysium. Quite a relief after the underworld.
I'm extremely impressed with that level design! Absolutely gorgeous, but quite intense on the hardware. Looking forward to the last dlc playthrough, afterwards it's time to put an end to the game. What an insane value that was!

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Do you know reshade? It's not complicated and there are tutorials. You can add effects to your games. I added MXAO, which does better ambient occlusion, clarity for a cleaner picture and added fxaa and smaa as Antialiasing methods instead of the in-game stuff. Gives me better performance and a clean IQ.
I don't, is that a program??

May 9, 2018
Just finished the new episode: overall it was much, much shorter than the other episodes since things were more streamlined.

The Modern Day ending is really really bad.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the new episode: overall it was much, much shorter than the other episodes since things were more streamlined.

The Modern Day ending is really really bad.
i just found myself stuck. only quest appearing is
the one to make more weapons
. is it actually obligatory?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
No, although you should be doing it anyways.

There was a period where I ran out of quests; doing side activities caused another one to spawn.

You should be working on maxing out Isu knowledge regardless.
i did a side quest
(the one with the werewolf)
and it unlocked the revolution stuff. the new quest was only on the map, not on the list. thanks for the help!

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The final dlc episode was a huge letdown. The location was nice, but the story was really short, and the series has now hit bad fanfic levels of writing. Good lord.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I don't, is that a program??

Home

ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere.

Download, open, chose the AC Odyssey .exe, chose the effects you want to add. I'll only go with clarity, fxaa, SMAA and MXAO. Install. This will add it to your game and you can start your game the normal way. In game you can open reshade with Pos1 I think. There you have to create and name a file for the game (there is a +). Continue and simply click on the effects you want to add.

This is a very short description, there are tutorials online and even on their site.

As I said, I would set in game AA to low and use Fxaa and SMAA from reshade, gives me better performance with a good image quality.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Going through the last DLC now, better environment than part 2 but its a bit of a let down that part 1 was the best looking of the three. Fanfic levles of writing? Looking forward to that ;)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum get after 105 hours.

What an amazing game. Think I can confidently say it's my favourite in the series. That's now two AC's in a row that have been really, really good imo, excited to see what comes next.

It's pretty interesting to be so invested in AC again. I was a huge fan up until Black Flag also, but then completely lost all interest after that. Didn't think I'd ever beat another AC game until Origins.

Kassandra and Alexios have the same lines, Alexios has much better voice acting. But, considering the enormous amount of lines, neither of them is amazing. They're the same character/protagonist
Kassandra's VO actually is pretty amazing imo, I love her performance.

Said it earlier in the thread, but I was willing to do even the simplest of quests in this just to hear more of her dialogue.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
The final dlc episode was a huge letdown. The location was nice, but the story was really short, and the series has now hit bad fanfic levels of writing. Good lord.
Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, and hearing that is disappointing, though I'm not too surprised. I believe they really punted this whole season pass of DLC, especially considering how great Curse of the Pharoahs was. Too bad.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, and hearing that is disappointing, though I'm not too surprised. I believe they really punted this whole season pass of DLC, especially considering how great Curse of the Pharoahs was. Too bad.

Fields of Elysium is my favorite Odyssey DLC by far. I enjoyed Torment of Hades but the location was really, really boring aesthetically which was a huge shame after how beautiful and fun-to-explore Elysium was.

This 3rd episode, honestly... it just feels... rushed? There isn't that many narrative quests as in the other 2 DLC's, instad there's more "collect x amount of y" type of (optional) quests. It's a shame too, because the map itself is great.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Atlantis ep 3 spoiler:

Layla is just the worst. Honestly, I'd rather be a floating tablet again a'la Black Flag & Rogue. Also, AC continues to not know how to deal with modern day villains. The fight with Otso Berg was laughable, he went down in what, 4-5 hits? After so many games of teasing him. Speaking of which, it was nice to see Juno again, and well, Aita, after killing so many sages in other games. Kinda forgot about him because that storyline got dropped too, lmao. But, I dunno. The DLC demystified the Isu way too much for me. It just felt like playing through someone's fanfic at times.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Fields of Elysium is my favorite Odyssey DLC by far. I enjoyed Torment of Hades but the location was really, really boring aesthetically which was a huge shame after how beautiful and fun-to-explore Elysium was.

This 3rd episode, honestly... it just feels... rushed? There isn't that many narrative quests as in the other 2 DLC's, instad there's more "collect x amount of y" type of (optional) quests. It's a shame too, because the map itself is great.
I just started Ep 2 but Hades feels appropriate to what I imagined a hellscape to be.