• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
If I remember correctly: some missions have timers on them. Some timers start when you pick them up (e.g. 24 hours), others are weekly missions i think and the timer starts as soon as they are available
I'm certain it was weekly, had 6 days + left. There was also a daily and another weekly one though (kill 2 leaders, kill 10 of this and that), so I wonder if they accidentally put up two weekly missions then cancelled one. It was gone just a few hours after I picked it up, and not at the usual daily reset time.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I really need to go back and wrap up the third pat of the Atlantis DLC, but there is just so much shit to play right now that I don't have the time! Three Houses is destroying my free time.

While I love these timed DLC releases, I kinda wish they came out with the base game so I could beat them and get it over with lol.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Got this for 20e and have put about 30hrs in so far, seems like a step up from the previous one in terms of how much stuff i have to collect to upgrade things and i have not felt a grind at all, im at lvl 48 so far

Beautiful game to look at and the combat has been quite enjoyable thruout my time, so far the most deadliest foes have been snakes, i can pretty much destroy any camp of fortress but if two or more snakes get the jump, its game over, also the loot game in this game is pretty shallow and feels like its there just because its the hot ticket atm

I think the modern day stuff is so overlooked at this point i wonder why they even bother putting it in

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
so far the most deadliest foes have been snakes, i can pretty much destroy any camp of fortress but if two or more snakes get the jump

don't know if it was like that in Origins but after 100+ hrs in this game i just now learned snakes can wreck you like that. i was drunkenly trying to clear out one of the tombs in a rush and ... oops ... i guess there is a purpose in clearing out the snakes after all

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
don't know if it was like that in Origins but after 100+ hrs in this game i just now learned snakes can wreck you like that. i was drunkenly trying to clear out one of the tombs in a rush and ... oops ... i guess there is a purpose in clearing out the snakes after all
The devs seemed to really like hiding snakes in breakable pots, too.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been playing Odyssey on and off since it first launched (been sidetracked finishing up other games and also with work), but in a weird way it feels like I've been playing it longer than I actually have. My save says I have just under 50 hours played, which isn't too bad. I'm Level 34 and in Episode 7 of the story I think and yet it almost feels like my playthrough has been twice as long.

I'm not entirely sure why, as I feel I have been enjoying the game overall when I've played it. I think I'm just used to AC games being 30-50 hours tops, but here I am at the 50 hour mark and it feels like I'm maybe a little over halfway through (counting all the post-release DLC as well). I still have so much of the map left uncovered, and part of me is excited to still have all this story content still left to experience. But on the flipside, the amount of content here is quite staggering as well. I'm holding off on playing other lengthy games like Fire Emblem when I still have so much Odyssey left, so I suppose I kind of want to get it off my backlog sooner rather than later. But I guess I'll get around to those other games eventually lol.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Ep 3 last night, boy oh boy does the modern day stuff just suck. Really is inexcusable. I did enjoy Atlantis however, most visually stunning of the three DLC areas imo.

My gf started Witcher 3 for the first time recently and I watched her for a bit. It's amazing how much Odyssey and Origins blatantly copied the W3 formula. I don't really have a problem with that ethically, it was just interesting to note.

Watching the opening hour or two of Witcher 3 really demonstrated how much better the voice acting, facial animation, direction and writing is compared to Odyssey/Origins, despite the fact the game released years prior. Even though Ubisoft is taking a year off between entries nowadays, I really think AC games would benefit from a longer development cycle. More variety in environmental assets, more attention to detail with random NPCs and encounters, better animations would go a LONG way in a game of this scope. I think a large part of the reason I would often get burned out on the recent AC games is cause they just feel so shallow and interchangeable after a while. One village may as well be all of them in Greece (less so in Egypt I thought).

Anyway that's my rant.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Finished Ep 3 last night, boy oh boy does the modern day stuff just suck. Really is inexcusable. I did enjoy Atlantis however, most visually stunning of the three DLC areas imo.

My gf started Witcher 3 for the first time recently and I watched her for a bit. It's amazing how much Odyssey and Origins blatantly copied the W3 formula. I don't really have a problem with that ethically, it was just interesting to note.

Watching the opening hour or two of Witcher 3 really demonstrated how much better the voice acting, facial animation, direction and writing is compared to Odyssey/Origins, despite the fact the game released years prior. Even though Ubisoft is taking a year off between entries nowadays, I really think AC games would benefit from a longer development cycle. More variety in environmental assets, more attention to detail with random NPCs and encounters, better animations would go a LONG way in a game of this scope. I think a large part of the reason I would often get burned out on the recent AC games is cause they just feel so shallow and interchangeable after a while. One village may as well be all of them in Greece (less so in Egypt I thought).

Anyway that's my rant.
Though I liked Odyssey quite a bit more overall, the Origins map definitely felt a lot more handcrafted and would be a strong contender for my favourite open world map. I could still easily describe each of the different regions in Origins today, whereas despite some broad geographical changes Odyssey kind of blurs together because of asset reuse.

Oct 27, 2017
I do think that Ubisoft should make the map smaller with more varied assets. I played the game for over 80 hours, but if you were to place me in some random town or city I still wouldn't have the slightest clue where I am.

If you were to do the same thing with BOTW or RDR2, I could probably tell you within 2 seconds where I am because there is so much character in the world. Now granted these game have less towns that AC so it's more difficult to make each place stand out, so I do get that. But, still...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is the last Atlantis DLC out? Can I finally play it and then delete the game?

I don't even mean that in a bad way, it's just I've had Uncharted in my queue for months because I don't have had space lol (thos and RDR2 are hogging so much space).

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Is the last Atlantis DLC out? Can I finally play it and then delete the game?

I don't even mean that in a bad way, it's just I've had Uncharted in my queue for months because I don't have had space lol (thos and RDR2 are hogging so much space).

Yeah, all of Atlantis DLCs are out. The only thing that's missing, and stops me from deleting the game entirely from my PS4 right now, is the very last tale of Greece quest that still hasn't been released.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Started the 3rd episode of legacy of the first blade yesterday. I didn't expect this turn of events. From a narrative standpoint this is madness and totally uncharted territory for an ac game. I want to know how it turns out.
I decided to settle down with natakas and got a baby with him! Wat. So happy for kassandra
Gameplaywise it is more of the same and I hope that the Atlantis dlc mixes things up.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I do think that Ubisoft should make the map smaller with more varied assets. I played the game for over 80 hours, but if you were to place me in some random town or city I still wouldn't have the slightest clue where I am.

If you were to do the same thing with BOTW or RDR2, I could probably tell you within 2 seconds where I am because there is so much character in the world. Now granted these game have less towns that AC so it's more difficult to make each place stand out, so I do get that. But, still...
That's more of an Odyssey problem. Locations in Origins were very memorable.

Garwoofoo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, all of Atlantis DLCs are out. The only thing that's missing, and stops me from deleting the game entirely from my PS4 right now, is the very last tale of Greece quest that still hasn't been released.

Didn't they also announce a History Tour type thing like the one Origins got? If that's still on its way then it might have a bunch of trophies associated with it too.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I just got a notification that new content is available and I should back out to the main menu. Is the last tale of greece out today?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Like, y'all weren't going to uninstall it before the discovery tour anyways, right?

I do hope they don't add anymore trophies, because I'm currently the first that got them all... Guess we'll know when 1.5.0 rolls out.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the legacy of the first blade dlc with every achievement.
Now onto hunting the remaining cultists, tackling the remaining tales of Greece quests and starting the whole Atlantis dlc. I hope I can clear out the remaining base game achievements in the process.
Way to go. 90 hours in but still a lot of content untouched.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah honestly I'm not sure I'll care about the discovery tour, I just feel way past over the game, it oversaturated me and definitely overstayed its welcome.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah honestly I'm not sure I'll care about the discovery tour, I just feel way past over the game, it oversaturated me and definitely overstayed its welcome.
I like that they kept supporting the game post-release, but episodic DLC packs were maybe not the best choice. I think the way they did it with Origins was better, waiting until the complete DLC packs were ready. Though the Lost Tales were a nice addition to that model.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the last bit of the Atlantis expansion, and just like Poseidon himself I ended it just so very tired of it all .
Odyssey is one of my favorite games of recent years, but its time to take a long break from AC, so that i could go on the viking adventure to come with fresh eyes and renewed spirit.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the last bit of the Atlantis expansion, and just like Poseidon himself I ended it just so very tired of it all .
Odyssey is one of my favorite games of recent years, but its time to take a long break from AC, so that i could go on the viking adventure to come with fresh eyes and renewed spirit.
I'm at like 180 hours now. I'm gonna do the new Lost Tales quest and then just fucking DELETE

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Bad news buddy, the last Tales is coming in September. your not off the hook yet! And its socrates quest aperently, UBI knows we cant resist more soc-daddy .

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
The core gameplay loop is still fun to me, but any more content would need a gimmick to attract me. Like the spirit world switches in the Hades dlc were actually pretty cool, because you had to manage the groups of enemies you could see vs the ghost ones. I was disappointed that the Atlantis DLC's gimmick was just another gatekeeping mechanic that didn't really affect the gameplay.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

This is an odd take to me. I haven't touched ACO since January. I'm actually wondering if I could get a sale on their DLC next month to jump back in, because I've missed everything: even the Lost Tales.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
This is an odd take to me. I haven't touched ACO since January. I'm actually wondering if I could get a sale on their DLC next month to jump back in, because I've missed everything: even the Lost Tales.

Well, I jumped back into the game every time there was:
- a new tale quest
- a new dlc part

So... Yeah, consider that I've came back to the game over and over and over and over again and haven't had time to miss it that much ever since it got released. So of course I'm reaching a point of fatigue now, like many people who did the same as I did.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm struggling just to get through the last quarter of the last atlantis DLC. finish line is in plain sight but i don't know if i can do it anymore ... lot of it is because Days Gone has been filling that open world relax n grind itch. otherwise i'd have brute forced my way through by now

but yeah i don't care what they add, i'm good after this. and it isn't a bad thing, i'm thrilled i got this kind of value out of a game. will unquestionably buy the gold edition of AC vikings

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
i'm struggling just to get through the last quarter of the last atlantis DLC. finish line is in plain sight but i don't know if i can do it anymore ... lot of it is because Days Gone has been filling that open world relax n grind itch. otherwise i'd have brute forced my way through by now
I enjoyed Days Gone so much more than I thought I would.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I jumped back into the game every time there was:
- a new tale quest
- a new dlc part

So... Yeah, consider that I've came back to the game over and over and over and over again and haven't had time to miss it that much ever since it got released. So of course I'm reaching a point of fatigue now, like many people who did the same as I did.

That's fair. I couldn't peacemeal the game like that, and didn't want to pay $40 to do so either, so I held out. But I'm not a fan of telling other people how to play, so I can understand the exhaustion.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
will unquestionably buy the gold edition of AC vikings

Same sentiment here. I may sound exhausted or jaded about Odyssey, but I'll definitely buy Gold version of AC Vikings whenever it'll get released! Odyssey overall has been way more than I expected out of it, and that was great! I just need to move on at some point, is all.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All you "struggling" to finish the extra content are cracking me up. I want more! I love coming back to this game after a couple months to new content and Atlantis is some stunning shit. I just walk around awe of this fucking game and it's art style sometimes. I don't have any huge urge to rush back and play the content (I just started Atlantis this last weekend), I just get to it when I can and I love it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
All you "struggling" to finish the extra content are cracking me up. I want more! I love coming back to this game after a couple months to new content and Atlantis is some stunning shit. I just walk around awe of this fucking game and it's art style sometimes. I don't have any huge urge to rush back and play the content (I just started Atlantis this last weekend), I just get to it when I can and I love it.
No, the game is fantastic. But you have to understand some of us are nearing 200 hours playing the game. It's bound to get boring eventually.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I was the first time on Mykonos and delos yesterday and finished the sidequests on these islands. Those were really good. I had the impression that every quest contributes to the overall plot. I would say that the quests have bloody Baron quality. The ending was really unexpected for me and had some surprises.
I also tried the story Creator and in less than an hour I had a functional story about the epical adventure of collecting socks. I designed the quest for my girlfriend and she had loads of fun. I have to say that the creation tools are really mighty and you can do a lot of things. One thing I wondered though maybe someone here can point me in the right direction: how to make a quest where to collect things in a cave where the quest items lie on the floor or are in chests? I only managed to make it that an NPC is holding the quest items.
I also gave ac3 remastered a spin and holy hell is it...ugly. the cutscene in the van in which you drive through a foggy landscape and the first time around the cave were already too much for me. initially I wanted to play it after Odyssey but I am not so sure about it now.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I finally played the First Blade Legacy DLC... welp it wasn't good... like did they had a professionnal writer working on it?

Guess I'll have low expectation for the Fate of Atlantis DLC.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally played the First Blade Legacy DLC... welp it wasn't good... like did they had a professionnal writer working on it?

Guess I'll have low expectation for the Fate of Atlantis DLC.

They had a secondary team do First Blade, and it had a lot of problems to say the least. The main team did Fate of Atlantis and it is much better. Not only does it have new areas (very cool ass ones) but the writing and quests are much better.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
They had a secondary team do First Blade, and it had a lot of problems to say the least. The main team did Fate of Atlantis and it is much better. Not only does it have new areas (very cool ass ones) but the writing and quests are much better.

The first 2 episodes of the Atlantis has some well written stuff, but the 3rd episode basically undoes all of it. The writing of modern AC games is absolutely god awful outside of the historical character stuff.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the cultist quests and was surprised about the last one. Especially the options to deal with this last member.
Just started the Atlantis dlc and my God is it beautiful. Just took some steps, synchronized with a watch tower and it looks so pretty.