• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters
Oct 30, 2017
Whilst enjoyed my time with it, AC O felt ..... hallow. It tried to be Witcher 3, Assassins Creed, and to an extent, BotW.

I did almost everything worth doing in the main game, completed the first blade DLC (fuck off Nakatas) and im struggling through the third DLC with Poesiden.

In 4k HDR 60fps its a sight to behold, next gen looking at times, but it became a chore near the end.

Talk to NPC, ask them three questions, leave, go to fort, base, etc, retrieve and/or kill, go back to quest giver, get reward.

The mediocre writing doesnt help at all. Found myself just skipping dialouge at times. Something I never ever do on a blind playthrough.

So yeah, something was missing, and the best word to describe my experience was hallow.

Major spoiler, believe its the start of the third Atlantis DLC.

Also whoever wrote the scene where Layla kills her best friend and basically forgets about her within 2 mins should hang their head. Awful stuff

Note. The saying "hang your head" is another way of saying someone should be ashamed/embarrased. Just an fyi.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Whilst enjoyed my time with it, AC O felt ..... hallow. It tried to be Witcher 3, Assassins Creed, and to an extent, BotW.

I did almost everything worth doing in the main game, completed the first blade DLC (fuck off Nakatas) and im struggling through the third DLC with Poesiden.

In 4k HDR 60fps its a sight to behold, next gen looking at times, but it became a chore near the end.

Talk to NPC, ask them three questions, leave, go to fort, base, etc, retrieve and/or kill, go back to quest giver, get reward.

The mediocre writing doesnt help at all. Found myself just skipping dialouge at times. Something I never ever do on a blind playthrough.

So yeah, something was missing, and the best word to describe my experience was hallow.

Major spoiler, believe its the start of the third Atlantis DLC.

Also whoever wrote the scene where Layla kills her best friend and basically forgets about her within 2 mins should hang their head. Awful stuff

Note. The saying "hang your head" is another way of saying someone should be ashamed/embarrased. Just an fyi.
PC version look significantly better than xbox x?

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game still. I'm at level 44 or 45 and have about 65% of the main story finished I think. I guess I let my spear upgrade lag behind as I'm stuck with 5-6 ability points and no where really to put them so I'm just saving them for now. I'm full assassin with 4 hunter skills and heals from the warrior branch. Should I be just going through the cultist thread to get my fragments before I continue along? Am I going to hit some sort of damage limit that makes progress impossible or can you finish the game on spear level 4?

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played the game since launch and now that Atlantis is done, I'll get back to it. I guess dlcs are better played in their release orders, but what about the other quests they've added?

Can I play them in any order or do some spoil the dlcs?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Really enjoying the game still. I'm at level 44 or 45 and have about 65% of the main story finished I think. I guess I let my spear upgrade lag behind as I'm stuck with 5-6 ability points and no where really to put them so I'm just saving them for now. I'm full assassin with 4 hunter skills and heals from the warrior branch. Should I be just going through the cultist thread to get my fragments before I continue along? Am I going to hit some sort of damage limit that makes progress impossible or can you finish the game on spear level 4?
You should be fine with the spear level. I think it's mostly a bonus for finishing off the Cult, which is its own separate main quest line. Did you unlock the second set of Warrior skills, so you can press LB + dpad down to switch to a new set of 4 abilities? IIRC the level cap in the base game was 50 so you're close to that.

Yam's AFAIK you can play the Lost Tales in any order. I did so over the last month and didn't feel like anything was off.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should be fine with the spear level. I think it's mostly a bonus for finishing off the Cult, which is its own separate main quest line. Did you unlock the second set of Warrior skills, so you can press LB + dpad down to switch to a new set of 4 abilities? IIRC the level cap in the base game was 50 so you're close to that.

I've unlocked the 2nd bar of melee skills and I actually thought the lvl cap was much higher so I guess I'm a lot closer than I thought, thanks.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I've unlocked the 2nd bar of melee skills and I actually thought the lvl cap was much higher so I guess I'm a lot closer than I thought, thanks.
The level cap is much higher now. 100 I think. It was 50 at launch. I too ran out of abilities to assign long ago, and I'm currently sitting on about 57 unused skill points. I should see what's good for the master level stuff.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the level cap is 99 now. You're not going to get there for a long time, if ever.

The level cap is much higher now. 100 I think. It was 50 at launch. I too ran out of abilities to assign long ago, and I'm currently sitting on about 57 unused skill points. I should see what's good for the master level stuff.
Yes, the mastery levels are where you really start to define your character. They can be absurdly powerful.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
You can get easily to lvl 99 with certain story Creator missions if you want to skip the 'grind'. I think this is actually a neat way because the combat is defined by the abilities and without abilities fights are not as fun.

Currently on the last episode of the Atlantis dlc and I am not quite enjoying it like previous episodes. The quests are not as good and the quests are quite hard to find. I explored everything except for 4 question marks and I still have a lot of quests in my log. The traversal is a real pain in the ass in Atlantis especially if you want to go upwards and there is no teleporter near your location. I liked the vertical concept of Elysium more.
On the other hand the new abilities are great, the lore is really interesting if you care about isu and Atlantis itself is just beautiful to look at. So far a mixed bag.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery tour will be available on September 10th!

I think this is the last big content update for this game. This will be the last content I play. It is time to say goodbye.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Discovery tour will be available on September 10th!

I think this is the last big content update for this game. This will be the last content I play. It is time to say goodbye.
Amazing. I think I'm at 165 hours now, at the end of Chapter 2 in Atlantis, level 89 iirc, and they just came out with that new Lost Tales and now Discovery coming too. What a game!

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I finished the last episode of the Atlantis DLC and I have to say that the ending in atlantis was really great and it surprised me. Really cool for people who played previous titles. The ending with Layla was so shitty I couldn't believe they did that. Overall the Atlantis DLC is great and I can definitly recoomend it!
My final order of the episodes is 2>1>3. One reason is Poseidon looks so pale compared to Hades and Persephone. He was just a boring character.
Now onto the last achievements in Ancient Greece and absolutely last thing I do will be the Discovery Tour. 150 hours, what a ride.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finally crossed the 100 hour mark. Think I'm getting close-ish to being done. Finished the main story quests and the first DLC pack (and most of the major side quests in the base game). Still have most of the Atlantis DLC to finish (only a couple hours in but seems this might be significantly longer than Legacy of the Hidden Blade?) and one more Lost Tales of Greece to do. By the time I'm done with those I think the Discovery Tour will be out so probably will check that out before I can uninstall this off my SSD.

Still pretty amazed how much content there is here. I've been playing this game on and off for close to a year now and still slowly working my way through it. Enjoying the start of the Atlantis DLC so far and a lot of it feels like a welcome change of pace from the base game and first DLC.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Somewhere on this giant map I have missed some slip of land and cannot get the Platinum Trophy. This is beyond frustrating. I keep looking for tiny specs of land throughout the ocean(s) as I cannot think where else I could have missed something. What a pain.

Other than this, I really like this game.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
For those having issues with the " Hermies's homie " achievement in Odyssey, there is a tiny island right to the south of Samos island , theres nothing there but you still gotta make land there to clear it . easy to miss .

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Somewhere on this giant map I have missed some slip of land and cannot get the Platinum Trophy. This is beyond frustrating. I keep looking for tiny specs of land throughout the ocean(s) as I cannot think where else I could have missed something. What a pain.

Coincidentally, I was just wrapping that up yesterday. Try this. For me it was Typhons Revenge in Melos, there are two little rock islands to the east, and once I walked on the SE one that was it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

You have to zoom way in on the map and comb over everything. Look for regions that are still plain textures instead of the more varied ones of areas you've been to. It's a bit hard to tell the difference especially around the mountainous regions of the big South-West continent.
For those having issues with the " Hermies's homie " achievement in Odyssey, there is a tiny island right to the south of Samos island , theres nothing there but you still gotta make land there to clear it . easy to miss .
I had a bit of trouble back when I was wrapping up the plat, and it turned out I missed a good five or six regions on the map, none of which were the tiny islands.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finished episode 1 of the Atlantis DLC. Overall enjoyed it, though I felt some story missions (like having to weaken each sub-region) felt a bit tedious, and threw off the pacing of the story for me while I was forced to finish that up before I could do the final mission. Felt like they were trying to pad out the length of the episode a bit, which just seems unnecessary to me (especially in a game that's already pushing past the 100 hour mark).
Anyways, on to Episode 2. Like how it started off with a bang, so hoping I'll enjoy it.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
In the September Blogpost in the last sentence they talk about some final Blogpost to hit next month. I really wonder what could it be about. Everything announced so far has been released. I can't imagine another tales of Greece. Maybe just a mercenary hm.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Finished episode 1 of the Atlantis DLC. Overall enjoyed it, though I felt some story missions (like having to weaken each sub-region) felt a bit tedious, and threw off the pacing of the story for me while I was forced to finish that up before I could do the final mission. Felt like they were trying to pad out the length of the episode a bit, which just seems unnecessary to me (especially in a game that's already pushing past the 100 hour mark).
Anyways, on to Episode 2. Like how it started off with a bang, so hoping I'll enjoy it.
My favorite scene in the game at the start of Ep 2 Atlantis, if you're playing as Kassandra (she delivers the line better).

"...so find another dog."
"YOU find another dog!"

Video here. Spoilers if you watch much of the video.

I read that Discovery mode came out yesterday, another free update.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
None of those suggestions for completing Hermie's Homie worked for me. I do appreciate the assistance. This is a giant pain in the ass.

Just started the Atlantis DLC yesterday. I tried the day before but I could not find it - even went to Google and YouTube for hints on how to start the Fate of Atlantis DLC. Turns out I missed step 1) download the DLC ... feeling pretty stupid right now. :) .

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My favorite scene in the game at the start of Ep 2 Atlantis, if you're playing as Kassandra (she delivers the line better).

"...so find another dog."
"YOU find another dog!"

Video here. Spoilers if you watch much of the video.

I read that Discovery mode came out yesterday, another free update.

Haha loved that line as well and loved his reaction to Kassandra during that whole conversation. Overall really liking the new locations we get to go to in this DLC, and feels like a welcome change of pace from Odyssey's world in the base game.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
None of those suggestions for completing Hermie's Homie worked for me. I do appreciate the assistance. This is a giant pain in the ass.

Just started the Atlantis DLC yesterday. I tried the day before but I could not find it - even went to Google and YouTube for hints on how to start the Fate of Atlantis DLC. Turns out I missed step 1) download the DLC ... feeling pretty stupid right now. :) .
You looked through the comments at that TA guide and still no luck? You have to walk on those various little islands mentioned.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
So I'm playing the first episode of the Atlantis DLC now, and while it's fun, I gotta say I don't remember the "reduce Character X's control over Region Y" objectives in the main game requiring you to fulfill every single side objective and kill every hostile like the Persephone stuff here seemingly does. Do the next two episodes do this too?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So I'm playing the first episode of the Atlantis DLC now, and while it's fun, I gotta say I don't remember the "reduce Character X's control over Region Y" objectives in the main game requiring you to fulfill every single side objective and kill every hostile like the Persephone stuff here seemingly does. Do the next two episodes do this too?
The next two episodes don't have that. Also "reduce" means "eliminate".

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just finished the last Tales of Greece quest, it was very sweet and lovely one, a great way to finish it off. Every is at 100% achievement, I can now rest easy and let that one take its rightful place on the shelf!

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Thanks Sheepinator, I will take another look at the TA suggestions, and read through the comments. I am open to anything to help me get this platinum.

This may have been mentioned in the other guides posted, but I used this guide with included pictures of the often missed places and finally got the Achievement after going to those places. Last one for me was the Volcanic Island pictured in the guide. For some reason it wasn't enough to just land on the island, I had to go to nearly the center of the island before it finally recognized it.

Well you don't necessarily have to do every single side objective. I wound up clearing each region without finishing all the marked locations. Items like Torch of Hypnos, Provisions, Leaders, Nation treasure chests, Maiden Statues are worth prioritizing, but I found killing the Colossi also helped a lot (especially since each Maiden statue has 2 of them). I like to play stealthily so I was initially avoiding them, but they're worth trying to take down, along with the decent loot they give out.

But I agree it's still a bit tedious, and unfortunate that's it mandatory to finish the episode's main story. Felt like they were padding the length of the DLC in a game that absolutely doesn't need to do that (I've already got 110 hours played lol).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm at the end of Atlantis and facing the choice of what to do with the Isu forged weapons. You have to choose 1 dagger, 1 mace and 1 spear. I don't like the daggers so whatever, and 10% cooldown doesn't make much difference. For the mace, what does "nearby enemies" mean exactly? It sounds like Warrior is the logical choice there? Since most of the time you're damaging someone with nearby enemies it's from Warrior damage.

The third one, the spear, I've seen an explanation that if you look at your detailed stats and the top 3 stats there for bonus Assassin, Warrior and Hunter damage, it refers to those numbers, so 50% of the chosen track gets added to the other two tracks. Is that right? In that case it might be best to pick my second highest track, Warrior, so that my highest track, Assassin, gets a nice boost.

Isu-Forged Assassin's Blade
+25% Assassin Damage
+30% Damage with Daggers
Reduce all Cooldowns by 10% on Assassin Ability Kill

Isu-Forged Warrior's Blade
+25% Warrior Damage
+30% Damage with Daggers
Reduce all Cooldowns by 10% on Warrior Ability Kill

Isu-Forged Hunter's Blade
+25% Hunter Damage
+30% Damage with Daggers
Reduce all Cooldowns by 10% on Hunter Ability Kill

Isu-Forged Assassin's Mace
+25% Assassin Damage
+30% Damage with Heavy Blunt Weapons
Assassin Damage applies to Nearby Enemies

Isu-Forged Warrior's Mace
+25% Warrior Damage
Melee Attack Damage applies to Nearby Enemies

Isu-Forged Hunter's Mace
+25% Hunter Damage
Basic Arrows Damage applies to Nearby Enemies

Isu-Forged Assassin's Spear
+25% Assassin Damage
+30% Damage with Spears
Convert 50% Assassin Damage bonuses to All Damage

Isu-Forged Warrior's Spear
+25% Warrior Damage
+30% Damage with Spears
Convert 50% Warrior Damage bonuses to All Damage

Isu-Forged Hunter's Spear
+25% Hunter Damage
+30% Damage with Spears
Convert 50% Hunter Damage bonuses to All Damage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm slowly working my way through the DLC that's been released for this game and I'm annoyed at the cutscenes where Ubisoft is trying so damned hard to pair Kassandra and Natakas together. I'm like "Dude, get the hell away from me" most of the time when I see him. If they'd used a character model that looked like Kevin Sorbo or Chris Evans I wouldn't be complaining at all but this Natakas fella has the face of a drug peddler who's just been released from jail.

Doesn't matter what I chose anyways cos we both end up with a baby :/
It was hilarious though seeing the hurt look on his face when I chose the "I did this to continue the bloodline" option.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
If they'd used a character model that looked like Kevin Sorbo or Chris Evans I wouldn't be complaining at all but this Natakas fella has the face of a drug peddler who's just been released from jail.

Wow, hold on now. Natakas is one hell of a cutie-pie and I stand by my words. Then again, I've never been attracted to guys fitting the basic beauty standard of hyper-masculinity, so Sorbo & Evans would probably do nothing for me here. It's nice that Natakas doesn't fit it as well. He has value and worth as a random normal guy, looking normal, being normal, and not like an unrealistic Apollo. And it's great. Kassandra is clearly the strongest in that relationship, she's the one protecting him and his dreamy eyes, and I relate to that (Lykaon still best male relationship interest though, no doubts).

That been said, Legacy of the First Blade is still majorly tedious and problematic on many accounts. But give Natakas some slack!

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Had started and got through pretty much 75% of the story at launch playing through with my wife and then unfortunetly dropped it due to life circumstances. Over the past 3 weeks I have restarted and played from the beginning again and have literally checked everything to do on the map up to the legacy of the first blade.

Man I love this game. Like this game has been so good for me. There was one or two points where I felt like I needed to put it down as it was feeling overwhelming but a great quest line or unlocking a new ability really helped bring me back in quickly.

I was a little upset that the main quest line seemed to just go from a battle to last mission and end. But the other two endings where satisfying for me.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was mostly me taking a super long break from playing (6 months or more after getting to Athens and meeting Pericles) but I got to the part where they introduce Aspasia. I couldn't remember if I met her earlier in the game or not so I googled and got spoilers lol

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finally got to the Last Episode of Atlantis last night. For some reason game crashing whenever I tried to start it on PC, but fortunately Uplay has a 'verify files' option like Steam and it wound up finding a corrupted file that it downloaded again. Not sure how that happened, but everything's working fine now.

Also this last area is quite gorgeous. Probably going to play through a lot of it today and see how far I can get.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, hold on now. Natakas is one hell of a cutie-pie and I stand by my words. Then again, I've never been attracted to guys fitting the basic beauty standard of hyper-masculinity, so Sorbo & Evans would probably do nothing for me here. It's nice that Natakas doesn't fit it as well. He has value and worth as a random normal guy, looking normal, being normal, and not like an unrealistic Apollo. And it's great. Kassandra is clearly the strongest in that relationship, she's the one protecting him and his dreamy eyes, and I relate to that (Lykaon still best male relationship interest though, no doubts).

That been said, Legacy of the First Blade is still majorly tedious and problematic on many accounts. But give Natakas some slack!

This is an incredibly pure post.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Well I started playing Odyssey at the beginning of October last year, and took some breaks along the way, but today the journey has finally come to an end. It feels a bit weird to finally have this off my backlog after playing it on and off for the better part of a year, but it is at least a bit satisfying to get through the main game and all the DLC. I'm pretty bad with finishing DLC I've bought for games in general, but with Odyssey, there's no denying I've gotten my money's worth after over 120 hours played.

The final Atlantis episode was pretty good, and probably my favorite of the 6 DLC episodes released. Admittedly, my interest in the Isu storyline in these games has diminished quite significantly over the past 10 years (can't believe it's almost been a decade since I played AC2, seeing 'The Truth' video, and being fascinated with what it all meant) especially as the series seemed to move away from that plotline, but still, I enjoyed seeing it revisited as a primary focus of this story. Curious how much more they'll delve into the Isu in the next game.

But speaking of the next Assassin's Creed, I'm kind of glad they're not putting one out this year. I did enjoy Odyssey overall, but I'm definitely ready to take a nice long break from the series (and probably from 100 hour+ single player games in general). And if they decide to make the next one a bit shorter, I'll probably be ok with that as well.
I may check out the Discovery Tour properly at some point though as that seems pretty neat in terms of providing an interactive way to learn some history.