• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
I been trying to figure it out for the past 30 mins, I put the Valhalla Disc(PS4) into my PS5, I browse the PSN store and don't see anywhere to Upgrade to the PS5 version. Has anyone done this yet?

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Select the game in the main menu, and press the Options button, and scrolldown to Game Version at the bottom.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
A quick glance online found me this.

www.thesixthaxis.com

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla - how to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 for free | TheSixthAxis

Ubisoft recently announced that several of its games launching from now into 2021 will be eligible for a free next generation upgrade on PlayStation 5 and

Even when you locate the page for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, you may miss where to upgrade to PS5. If you press download then you'll likely end up installing the PS4 version instead. When on the store page, look to the right side and you'll see an icon for the PS5 upgrade (it's sitting just above the trophies tab).

OP
OP
StrifeAzure

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
LOL sorry guys I had the disc in backwards, diden't even know that was possible, so I was getting disc read errors lol thanks everyone for the help

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
If this had just lasted a little longer before OP figured out the mistake it could have been an epic thread.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
diden't even know that was possible, so I was getting disc read errors
tenor.gif

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's an honest mistake. I think it makes more sense for the label to be on the right if the console is vertical. But if you did that, (had the console been horizontal), the label would be facing down, thus the error.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It's an honest mistake. I think it makes more sense for the label to be on the right if the console is vertical. But if you did that, (had the console been horizontal), the label would be facing down, thus the error.

I was wondering if that was the case since I don't have any disk games yet. That sucks.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017

Im just used to the disc drive portion of consoles being on the upper side of the console. It's on the lower side on this one. I also stuck a disc in the wrong way my first time and got disc read errors.

OP
OP
StrifeAzure

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017

Exactly this, I have the console vertical and put the disc in with lable facing to the right (logical I thought at least) lol

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Where do you have it setup? You can try putting the console on the right side of you

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Select the game in the main menu, and press the Options button, and scrolldown to Game Version at the bottom.

This. My friend came over and he purchased it on PS4. He logged onto my PS5 with the PS App QR code sign in, clicked on his game in library, installed the PS5 version wicked fast and was playing his previous save in no time.

It's all so easy and seamless now on both systems. Quality of life as far as this transition has been so wonderful on both consoles.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I legit cant believe people are doing this lol. Is your PS5 at least vertical?
I did the same thing. I assumed the disc would go toward the middle of the console (when it's vertical). Wasn't until I looked at the system box where it is shown horizontal did I know it didn't go that way haha.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
You can't!

Well, at least I couldn't with Japanese PS5, Japanese copy of AC and using the U.S. store.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Have you tried using an account connected to the Japanese store?

I was going to but the one I had seems to be gone and I'm going to sell off Valhalla. I'll try that next time if this happens again.

Japanese AC has a censored. I don't think it's will work with US store

That might be the reason why! Hopefully, next time I get a PS4 version with a free upgrade I won't have the same problem.

ilmunita

Oct 27, 2017
I am having this issue, but my disc is inserted the right way up. I copied and downloaded the updates for the game onto my PS5 from the PS4 disc but I can't seem to find anywhere where I can get the free upgrade. Any one know what I'm doing wrong? I'm in Europe using a UK account, if that matters at all.

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
So you can install both a PS4 version and an upgraded PS5 version on PS5? What's the difference?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this is the 2nd topic about someone inserting the disc upside down in the PS5 just today.

how ...

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
I am having this issue, but my disc is inserted the right way up. I copied and downloaded the updates for the game onto my PS5 from the PS4 disc but I can't seem to find anywhere where I can get the free upgrade. Any one know what I'm doing wrong? I'm in Europe using a UK account, if that matters at all.
Did you try the suggestions listed a few post up?

ilmunita

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the "Game Version" option when clicking the option button and I can't find the upgrade option on the game page or in the store. Were there any other suggestions?

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Had similar issue but for me was an issue due to different regions. My account is US but my disc is region 2 so the PS5 upgrade icon was not showing I had to switch to my local region 2 account to do the upgrade then went back to my main account to play

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
I don't see the "Game Version" option when clicking the option button and I can't find the upgrade option on the game page or in the store. Were there any other suggestions?
Same here. I do get the game version option on Dirt 5 (digital) though.
PS5 is not region free, your disc version and PSN account should be the same to see the upgrade type.

ilmunita

Oct 27, 2017
There seem to be a bunch of people on Twitter who have the same issue with AC and WD not giving updates from disc. I assume someone forgot to enable the option for the EU launch. Hopefully it won't take long to fix.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Ok, this is the 2nd topic about someone inserting the disc upside down in the PS5 just today.

how ...
Several people have it horizontal but with the disc on top, as they did not install the stand, they just lay it on their side with disc on top a la PS3, thinking it's easier to access that way.

bitunoriginal

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus this has been pissing me off. I don't think you can upgrade to PS5 yet in the UK - the free download just isn't an option anywhere. Super annoying.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
This might be the worst part of it. In some instances it will continue to download the PS4 version every time you enter the disk. It's so dumb.

It will do this every time the system is powered on (or wakes up from rest mode) with the disc inserted. It's quite annoying - I'm considering just installing the PS4 version to an external drive just to make it stop. Except, you know, the problems people are having with external drives resulting in errors and potentially bricking consoles...

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
PS5 should also have had Smart Delivery IMO to avoid confusions like this.
I 100% agree. I was so worried that I was going to download the wrong version of CoD Black Ops Cold War. Clicking the three-dots or hamburger first is really not intuitive.

I went to start the game yesterday and the PS5 said I had to download it first. For some reason the CoD Game App/folder tried to start the PS4 version. I had to switch this to the PS5 version via options. WTF?

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
How do I force upload my PS4 save to Ubi Connect? My PS5 game only offers me a savegame from 40hours ago. Really weird

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what's going on with this? Is the functionality not there in the EU? I cant seem to find any option to pick game version despite the console not automatically trying install the ps4 version which was a relief

bitunoriginal

Oct 27, 2017
So what's going on with this? Is the functionality not there in the EU? I cant seem to find any option to pick game version despite the console not automatically trying install the ps4 version which was a relief

I'm not getting much response on here from others but from my experience, the answer to this is yes. I've got Sackboy on PS4 and the first thing you see is a card to download upgrade for the PS5 version. From reading articles, I believe we should see something similar for Valhalla, but instead it's just the a generic buy Valhalla for £59.99 card. Surprised there's not more discussion going on but hopefully it's updated soon.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting much response on here from others but from my experience, the answer to this is yes. I've got Sackboy on PS4 and the first thing you see is a card to download upgrade for the PS5 version. From reading articles, I believe we should see something similar for Valhalla, but instead it's just the a generic buy Valhalla for £59.99 card. Surprised there's not more discussion going on but hopefully it's updated soon.
Its pretty infuriating tbh. Thats two of my launch games inaccessible until they fix it. Kinda tempted to grab MM or sackboy while they sort it out

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Be warned, OP. The PS5 version has a different trophy stack. So if you're shooting for the platinum, you'll essentially have to re-acquire the trophies you already got on the PS4 version.

You can avoid this if you just play the PS4 version on PS5.

locke_21183

Banned
Jul 21, 2020
I don't know but I'd love an answer to this as well!

I was struggling to get the uploaded save too and you have to follow a very specific set of instructions to get the save uploaded! Manually save, wait two minutes, press options, then go 'quit to main menu'. If you then go 'Load Game' and look at the save games, the recent one you did should have a little cloud icon beneath it, meaning it's uploaded. If you save and then just cancel to the PS4 menu, rather than the game's own main menu, it won't upload (it seems to me)