• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The previous date was November 17th.
Ehh, still feel this is going to get eviscerated by Cyberpunk, no reason for me to get it when Cyberpunk comes out a week later.

Should have been a early/late Oct release like the previous games. edit: forgot WD: Legion is their late Oct game

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
That's interesting. I wonder how long Ubisoft has known about the release date.

Jako

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the last videos that came out it looked like the game needed more time rather than less, imho

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising.

In fact, I would say it was more surprising that it had a fixed date instead of saying "late 2020", when it was pretty clear they wanted to match the next gen release.

I think it's fair to assume that PS5 will come after November 10th, as well.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, still feel this is going to get eviscerated by Cyberpunk, no reason for me to get it when Cyberpunk comes out a week later.

Should have been a early/late Oct release like the previous games.
There's no reality where an AC gets eviscerated. They'll both sell well.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Should have been a early/late Oct release like the previous games.
this will still sell phenomenally. ac as a franchise is in the fifa / cod realm of awareness

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Valhalla confirmed 4K60 on X too. Official AC weibo account.

20200909211710.jpg

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
It is still too close to the release date of Cyberpunk 2077.

I will play AC Valhalla at a later date.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense with their marketing deal

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
People will buy this on launch of the new consoles. Regardless if Cyberpunk releases

Jan 4, 2018
So AC Valhalla and Destiny 2: Beyond Light on launch day.

Probably Gears Tactics too.

This is becoming an interesting launch line-up.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
So the PS5 version will release on November 10 too when the console likely won't be available until a week or more later. Interesting.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
So the PS5 version will release on November 10 too when the console likely won't be available until a week or more later. Interesting.
How does that work? I mean doesn't it essentially come out on PS5 the day the PS5 is released? How would it come out the 10th if the PS5 is released after?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Should have been a early/late Oct release like the previous games. edit: forgot WD: Legion is their late Oct game

Cyberpunk will no doubt do well, but AC is going to sell extremely well

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
They should really delay AC Valhalla to 2021. Watch Dogs Legions comes out Oct 29th. 11 days another Ubisoft game? Seems like a really bad idea.

I am still playing AC Odyssey, absolutely loving it and nearly 200 HOURS (!!) in and i'm finally at the last DLC. I'll buy Valhalla, but definitely not at launch. Got Watch Dogs and then Cyberpunk 3 weeks later, Valhalla makes no sense in the middle of that. Plus the new Call of Duty is Nov 13.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man I still need to play through Odyssey damn it. But I wanted to play it on a newer TV (waiting for a Black Friday deal), my KS9000 doesn't hold anymore :(

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
They should really delay AC Valhalla to 2021. Watch Dogs Legions comes out Oct 29th. 11 days another Ubisoft game? Seems like a really bad idea.

I am still playing AC Odyssey, absolutely loving it and nearly 200 HOURS (!!) in and i'm finally at the last DLC. I'll buy Valhalla, but definitely not at launch. Got Watch Dogs and then Cyberpunk 3 weeks later, Valhalla makes no sense in the middle of that. Plus the new Call of Duty is Nov 13.
Valhalla will significantly outsell watchdogs. If anything should move from a sales perspective it is that. However, Valhalla certainly looks like it needs more time in the oven.