• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I know that they are worthless but there is Additional Memories section that tracks them :D

45vuCjz.jpg

LkuiRCR.jpg

Ah, nice. That must have been added with a patch... unless I'm blind and missed it, haha.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I actually started my first playthrough of the entire series late last year. So far, I'm up to Black Flag and overall I love the series. Each one has its own contributions to make for better or worse. In terms of my ranking so far, it's Brotherhood, Black Flag, II, I, III, and then Revelations. I have a few games left in between, but I'm dying to get to Origins and Odyssey. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish both this year.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I actually started my first playthrough of the entire series late last year. So far, I'm up to Black Flag and overall I love the series. Each one has its own contributions to make for better or worse. In terms of my ranking so far, it's Brotherhood, Black Flag, II, I, III, and then Revelations. I have a few games left in between, but I'm dying to get to Origins and Odyssey. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish both this year.

I would recommend you longer break between Origins and Odyssey.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today I started playing Assassin's Creed 2 and boy does it brings memories. AC2 will always have special place in my heart for multiple reasons. But that atmosphere from the first time you enter Florence is still amazing. Architecture and music are so good and this game really deserves proper remake.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still remember back at the ending of AC1 people trying to decipher WTF this actually means.
latest

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Cool, I was planning my own Creedathon but I seem to be going backwards, having played Odyssey and now half way through Origins. But I'll probably start with the first game after I've finished this. I don't own any of the Ezio trilogy as of yet. The beauty is that all these older games should run nicely at 4K60 nowadays.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. AC1 deserves remake but keep it away from Origins and Odyssey as far as you can. It could learn few things from new Hitman games.

It wouldn't work like Hitman games. In the style of modern AC games but with stealth and assassination focus would be perfect for it.

Mar 29, 2018
Those screens are really impressive. This holds up really well.

Something I miss in later games was the ambiguity the original AC displayed with the Templars. They weren't fully evil for the sake of it, and the assassins weren't exactly saints either.

Then we got the Ezio games and those shades of gray were replaced with a fully black and white narrative.
The more recent ones go crazy hard on this, to an annoying extent. To the extent it feels like they're repeating themselves. "We're doing it for the greater good!" "Without us the systems that make society function would collapse!" etc etc

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't work like Hitman games. In the style of modern AC games but with stealth and assassination focus would be perfect for it.

AC1 would absolutely work as Hitman game, it is very similar. You learn about targets, locations, building layouts, in/out paths, opportunities for assassinations... Modern AC games are combat focused without any assassination focus and with mostly similar outposts places on far too big maps.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I just want to ask, origin or odyssey?

Also, are there some current time missions and continuation of story? Geez last time I remember something like that was that Black Flag bullshit fps. Is there something after this and in which games?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Also, are there some current time missions and continuation of story? Geez last time I remember something like that was that Black Flag bullshit fps. Is there something after this and in which games?
I prefer Origins, Odyssey is a little bit too big and disjointed. Both are good though, very different from old Assassins Creed.

The present day story hits a soft reboot in Origins. It has ties to the old storyline, but they're new characters and situations.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Something I miss in later games was the ambiguity the original AC displayed with the Templars. They weren't fully evil for the sake of it, and the assassins weren't exactly saints either.

Then we got the Ezio games and those shades of gray were replaced with a fully black and white narrative.

That's not really true of Unity and to some extent Black Flag. Its definitely better when AC games have a point

Oct 27, 2017
AC1 would absolutely work as Hitman game, it is very similar. You learn about targets, locations, building layouts, in/out paths, opportunities for assassinations... Modern AC games are combat focused without any assassination focus and with mostly similar outposts places on far too big maps.
I would actually love a non open world game with a series of assassination missions. Make the missions big in scale and release it as a spin off. Could work with multiple eras like modern world or revisited settings from past games.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I would actually love a non open world game with a series of assassination missions. Make the missions big in scale and release it as a spin off. Could work with multiple eras like modern world or revisited settings from past games.

It could even work as open world game because in AC1 assassinations were done at specific places. You can have open world for side quests that build up to assassination and then main assassination happens at specific place designed for multiple approaches that depend on sidequests you did.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I still think AC 2 is the best in the series. The story, setting, atmosphere, improving on almost everything from the first game, it was the game changer for Ubisoft. IMO, top 10 game of the last generation.

Btw, looking at those screenshots, almost 12 years later, AC 1 is still looking pretty good.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I prefer Origins, Odyssey is a little bit too big and disjointed. Both are good though, very different from old Assassins Creed.

The present day story hits a soft reboot in Origins. It has ties to the old storyline, but they're new characters and situations.

So i dont have to bother with anything else but origins and odyssey huh? I think i will try odyssey and watch present day stuff from origins.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I finished Sequence 5 in AC2 and I really love how mysterious that game is and how you slowly uncover web of conspiracy. It really helps that many of the NPCs are real world persons. Also it really helps that you are really part of the group in both present day and in past. Having base of operations that you upgrade over time is also great and further helps convince you that you are part of the larger thing.

And I would maybe even dare to say that combat mechanics are more advanced than newer games but AI is not following them so combat is easy. I mean you have dodge, strafe, toss sand in eyes, disarm, counter... a lot more options than in Origins for example. On top of that you can hire various factions to create opportunities. And boy does social stealth can make you awesome when you sit on the benches or stand in group and then assassinate target that is passing by.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game had a sense of presence.

Sure it's repetitive but man, there was nothing like it at the time. Such a good premise.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Origins for sure. Better setting, story and protagonist.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I arrived in Bella Venezia, it is still as beautiful as it was 10 years ago. And i think that i figured out what is missing from newer AC games. It is sense that you belong to that world and characters that go with you through your journey. In AC2 you have friends/crew inside and outside of the animus. You have place to call home that you take care of (Monteriggioni), you have Da Vinci and whole other supporting cast that make you feel you are part of the group. With Origins all of that was gone. YOu have wife that you see 2-3 times during the whole game. You don't have any other family or friends. You can go back and visit your house but it is just like any other house in that place. No supporting cast, no attachments to anything but your loot.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea I have the Ezio Auditore remastered series in my "up next" list, I may incorporate the first game as well, thankfully it's enhanced on back compat on Xbox, I can't even begin to imagine the compatibility problems it would have on Windows 10.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I have the Ezio Auditore remastered series in my "up next" list, I may incorporate the first game as well, thankfully it's enhanced on back compat on Xbox, I can't even begin to imagine the compatibility problems it would have on Windows 10.

I am playing on Windows 10 and everything works fine except gamepad issues that were thing even at the release.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That's enough reason for me to play it on Xbox, I can't enjoy AssCreed with a mouse and keyboard.

I mean you can use something like Xpadder or DS4Windows or Steam Controller Configuration for AC1, and there is mod for AC2 so it can work with X1 gamepad. It's not like you can't use gamepads, you just need to do additional step.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean you can use something like Xpadder or DS4Windows or Steam Controller Configuration for AC1, and there is mod for AC2 so it can work with X1 gamepad. It's not like you can't use gamepads, you just need to do additional step.
Nah, the days of going the extra mile to make something work on PC are behind me, even modding Fallout 4 is becoming tedious because I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 1903 and it's such a pain to have to manually reinstall all of the Nexus mods. I wish everything was synced in the cloud like with Apple devices, same experience on every device, even new ones.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Finished AC2 today. Still love it as much as i did when i finished it for the first time. Story is told really well even though some characters deserved more screen time (like Rosa, damn it Ezio she was perfect for you). There are also few moment where things come into the place and you really feel warmth around your heart. One of those moments is when Ezio finds out that all of those people he met after his father death were there to guide him to become Assassin. But best moment in entire game is still Intro sequence when Ezio and his brother stand on the roof of the bell tower

OqjPVD6.jpg

Frederico Auditore : " A good life we lead Brother "
Ezio Auditore : " The best ,may it never change "
Frederico Auditore : " And may it never change us..

Such a powerful moment that doesn't hit you immediately but when it does it really hurts.

And again Venice from AC2 is still one of the most beautiful settings in a game to date. That atmosphere is still breathtaking and music perfectly fits that whole magic. especially during carnival

I44UKdx.jpg

Also i just noticed how "deep" is combat in AC2. You need to know how to deal with each enemy and spamming attack or counter buttons is never the most effective way. Dodge is really important in AC2 and it actually matters on which side your dodge depending on the enemy. Some enemies you can't counter but if you dodge their attack in right way you can kill them in one hit. I would repeat again that i think that combat was actually more complex in earlier games than in newer ones but enemy AI was stupid so it felt easy.

All in all AC2 is still one of my favorite AC games and still means a lot to me. Also i still stand by my opinion that new AC games lost one of the most important things that earlier games had, sense of belonging to something or somewhere. You were part of something bigger and you always had place to call home. With "reboot" you are just a lone wanderer who goes around with loose goal/s without friends or family (you have them but you don't feel like you have them).

7K5GMCS.jpg

I will again make small break and then i will tackle AC Brotherhood, probably the best AC game :D

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Brotherhood is my favorite, but I haven't played black flag, origins or syndicate. I played black flag for a few hours, but I was bored with it because I had the AC fatigue(particularly because of AC3 and its AWFUL ending). I never beat Unity either, even though I really enjoyed that game.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Brotherhood is my favorite, but I haven't played black flag, origins or syndicate. I played black flag for a few hours, but I was bored with it because I had the AC fatigue. I never beat Unity either, even though I really enjoyed that game.

I actually finished every mainline AC game 100% (except Odyssey).

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
But best moment in entire game is still Intro sequence when Ezio and his brother stand on the roof of the bell tower

Frederico Auditore : " A good life we lead Brother "
Ezio Auditore : " The best ,may it never change "
Frederico Auditore : " And may it never change us..

That, and Odyssey, are the two best title card drops in the series. Both gave and give me chills everytime I see them. Powerful moment indeed

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is time to play and finish second best AC game :D

4VMwkgJ.png

dVCF2jl.png

cjpj3Af.png

Also AC Brotherhood is featuring OG bath scene that Witcher 3 kinda copied :P

zaosp1A.png

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i finished Sequence 4 and i must say that now that i am bit older then i was when i was playing Brotherhood last time i am realizing that Brotherhood is better game than AC2. I mean AC2 has special place in my heart and it always will but AC Brotherhood really expanded AC2 formula and added more things to play with. They took Villa upgrade from AC2 and expanded it on entire Rome but with more depth. They took Guilds from AC2 and gave you more missions to do for them. And i just now realized that AC Brotherhood is actually first AC game with mini-games.

As i said it is much much bigger game and with inclusion of Assassin's Recruits you really feel like you are part of the organisation. That is something that you can't say for recruits in post AC3 games.

And yeah game still looks good for it's age.

KrPXvZP.png

NnW9DFS.png

tEhfenj.png

MBoKwog.jpg

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Today i finished Sequence 4 and i must say that now that i am bit older then i was when i was playing Brotherhood last time i am realizing that Brotherhood is better game than AC2. I mean AC2 has special place in my heart and it always will but AC Brotherhood really expanded AC2 formula and added more things to play with. They took Villa upgrade from AC2 and expanded it on entire Rome but with more depth. They took Guilds from AC2 and gave you more missions to do for them. And i just now realized that AC Brotherhood is actually first AC game with mini-games.

As i said it is much much bigger game and with inclusion of Assassin's Recruits you really feel like you are part of the organisation. That is something that you can't say for recruits in post AC3 games.

And yeah game still looks good for it's age.

KrPXvZP.png

NnW9DFS.png

tEhfenj.png

MBoKwog.jpg

You've seen the light. Brotherhood is the best AC game yet.

And it gave as a shadow of the glory of Rome. But we still need that Imperial Rome game.

Mar 29, 2018
Brotherhoods is fantastic, and my favourite of the old games.

On the whole I still prefer Unity, Syndicate and Odyssey.

Out of the all of the Assassins creed game only the first one made me feel like you know as an actual assassin.
Odyssey is giving me that feel big time. I love how player-driven it is, too. "I've got a huge bounty so I'll assassinate the bounty payup guy" - go on an assassination mission of my own volition. "I want to weaken the state a little, so I'll whittle down the Faction Leader's forces then assassinate him in his home" - go on an assassination mission of my own volition. Etc.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Aaaand i finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. And yeah i think that i am ready to say that ACB is better game than AC2 in almost every way possible. Story is not mysterious as one in AC2 but because this is direct sequel it didn't have to be. Still Machiavelli conspiracy was interesting enough to make you doubt few tings about Assassins. And i must say that Cesare Borgia was one of the better villains in AC games and performance by Andreas Apergis (who btw had part in every AC game i think, he is Barnabas in AC Odyssey for example), was great. This scene is great

From the gameplay side having your assassins on command is so badass, especially when you reach max upgrades and call for arrow rain :D Game also introduced chain kills and one of the best features in AC games that was never repeated in the same way since then, Virtual Training (that actually rewards you with Raiden outfit after you finish it). And you really felt badass when you managed to do combos, chain kills and special kills (throwing spear or ax for example). And Brotherhood was so focused on platforming. From Templar and Romulus Lairs to Rome itself, so much platforming :D

Game is also filled with various content. So much more than AC2. From Side missions like Christina Missions, Courtesan and Thief assignments to the mini games (this is first time i realized that mini-games in AC games are for the first time introduced in ACB). Then on top of that you have whole Rome Economy thing and Shop Quests. You also go on special Leonardo War Machines missions that again introduce another gameplay mechanic after you finish all of them, parachutes. And best part of all of that is that Ubisoft managed to make it all work without breaking immersion. I also realized that ACB introduced one thing to AC series that i hate so much in Origins and Odyssey. For the first time in AC games you had some kind of Outposts in form of Borgia Towers.

Present day is so much more enjoyable than what they did with it post AC4. It means so much that you are with group of people even though you are not doing much from gameplay perspective. Shaun is hilarious for example. And that last part in Colosseum and church was so good.

And i must say that even though i finished game in around 7-8 hours i did hit progression wall. I didn't have enough Assassins recruited and i couldn't start one mission.

Also game features one of the best scenes in AC games. Vittoria Agli Assassini!

yLJjhuH.jpg

And for the end few more "screenshots"

7UGJ79h.jpg

pGztoW5.jpg

nraXAy3.jpg

M14ZLtJ.jpg

Now to take another break and then to finish Ezio Trilogy :D

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I will be cheeky and make new post but I forgot about Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multipayer. That is another thing that Brotherhood did first in the series. In the era of MP shooters Ubisoft dared to release something completely different with Brotherhood MP. They dared to release slow and methodical multiplayer where patience and power of observation was the key. And to this date AC multiplayer remains my favorite MP experience and I am really sad that they decided to remove it after AC4.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
Brotherhood also features the coolest-looking armor and outfit in the series. i remember the black & red dye looking super sick.

Oct 27, 2017
The first AC game was the only one I both enjoyed and finished. I liked it. I would have loved it if it didn't have the boring modern day crap, but even that was forgivable because I thought the end end game would be a modern day Ass Creed game, but nope. Now that I know it's all a waste of time it hurts the game even more on repeat play throughs.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Brotherhood is still my favorite and the multiplayer was awesome. I wish it would come back but it probably wouldn't work with the modern formula. I would be down for a multiplayer spin-off.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Have a great fun time, you crazy person! :D
(may or may not have done the same in the 9 months)

2018:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

2019:
Assassin's Creed: Chronicles: China
Assassin's Creed: Chronicles: India
Assassin's Creed: Chronicles: Russia
Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Brotherhood also features the coolest-looking armor and outfit in the series. i remember the black & red dye looking super sick.

I like this one

qJiDUzA.png

UcKdYO8.png

Yeah Brotherhood is still my favorite and the multiplayer was awesome. I wish it would come back but it probably wouldn't work with the modern formula. I would be down for a multiplayer spin-off.

I kinda liked that MP part is connected to SP part via some characters. And i probably wouldn't get MP only AC game.

Have a great fun time, you crazy person! :D
(may or may not have done the same in the 9 months)

2018:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

2019:
Assassin's Creed: Chronicles: China
Assassin's Creed: Chronicles: India
Assassin's Creed: Chronicles: Russia
Assassin's Creed: Liberation
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

My goal is to finish story of every mainline AC game up to AC Origins. I finished all mainline AC games up to Odyssey 100% before but i am not going after that this time, this time is story only :D

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need to finish Unity....
I stopped halfway through because I always do everything in AC, and this time it was just too much.