• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Idk man, I'm just tired of the current formula after these 3 titles already personally.
The games are just too damn big, I never complained about the previous formula but accepted the new one as a fan of RPGs in general, but I'm tired of the grind and how worthless it all feels sometimes.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Of course, they ain't going back to the old formula, it makes no sense financially.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally prefer the new asscreed games by a large margin so I'm happy about that.

No game this year?

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
I'm happy with that. Though, I actually preferred Odyssey's approach rather than Valhalla's. At least, on the equipment side.

Khaidu

Oct 28, 2017
I don't mind the formula itself, but I wish they would cut huge amounts of the content. Valhalla was an 80 hour game that should've been 30-40 tops.

Polynaut

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with them maintaining the RPG mechanics and building upon that, tho I wish they would make the games smaller, which feels like a weird request to make.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Currently playing the Atlantis DLC for Odyssey and it's really really good.

But Ubisoft, weirdly I'd buy your games faster (so not waiting for sales) if they were shorter. They are too. Goddamn. Long.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Heck yeah, I much prefer these newer ones. For me, they keep going up in quality with each one.

Love spending 120 hours in them too.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla have been my favorites since Black Flag so I'm excited to see what they do. Have there been any rumors as to what the next setting will be?

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool how AC went from a hyper ambitious 3rd person immersive sim/stealth deal to a dozen massive studios trying to make a Witcher 3 every 2-3 years

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say I'm surprised about Far Cry 5 sales, I don't know anyone in my direct friend group who's played it, whereas several of us have played 4...

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Get the Odyssey team back on Assassin's Creed, because the Origins team is no where near as good at making a fun RPG as the Odyssey team is.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I hope one day we get an Assassin's Creed game set in Japan that goes full anime (pretty much a Ubisoft JRPG)

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Whatever I dropped the franchise specifically because of this stuff after Odyssey and started to I find I was not enjoying myself with Origins. As a very hardcore fan of the franchise they've killed it for me.

Really wish they had just split it into two or they made the action rpg into a new IP entirely but what can you do but move on. Still yet to play Valhalla the first time I've ever skipped one but Odyssey showed it was over for Assassins Creed.

Glad that some will continue to get what they enjoy though, lord knows there aren't enough action rpg lites (still a bit salty lol).

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with the RPG format, but I'm itching to return to a single sprawling city instead of the countryside focused stuff we've been plodding through.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'll actually finish the next one unless they make it even bigger. The formula and huge maps get stale pretty quickly for me.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I have no issue with the new formula (probably prefer the old though), but I just wish they would tone back the content. Give me a 40 hour game with very high quality content instead of 100-200 hour games full of mid to low tier content.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Guess the series is dead to me for good. What a shame. Making inferior W3 clones all the time even though they had such a great core formula before.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
The RPG formula is great, it's just how big they are I have issues with. You can make a stellar 40 hour Assassin's Creed RPG.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Neat, I only got into the series with Origins so I'm cool with it. I do agree that they would really benefit from being considerably smaller and more focused, though.

But that's not gonna happen, so I really hope they'll work on their writing.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being more like RPGs isn't the problem. It's the overwhelming amount of content. It feels bloated and nothing really shines.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was inevitable but I hope there's a bigger shift somewhere in the next game. I'm already tired of the Origins trilogy approach, largely due to the size of them. And making stealth more viable again, with actual assassination missions.

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
It's pretty hard for me to understand what people like about the RPG system. Every RPG element of the game is in service of the combat, which is really quite bad. The animations are low quality, it feels stiff, it lacks the impact of even the old PS3 games. The settings have been great in the new games; the combat not so much. Hard to see how people perceive this as a good thing.

Oct 30, 2017
Meh, currently replaying AC: Unity and I just prefer how streamlined the upgrade system is for weapons, gear, and abilities. There's no need to focus on min-maxing. You just buy better shit as you earn more money. The more convoluted the system, the less eager I am to want to play it.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It's going to be a damn good day once an AC game with the scale of Syndicate/Unity is announced

For now, not interested with this current formula. There's so much hard work poured into these games, and it shows, but the games are also clearly designed to waste your time

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Thus the war between old style AC fans and New style AC fans continue

Meanwhile there's just some of us who want another damn pirate game like blackflag

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Skull and Bones not cancelled is the biggest shocker to me. What in the world is going on with that game?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
It's pretty hard for me to understand what people like about the RPG system. Every RPG element of the game is in service of the combat, which is really quite bad. The animations are low quality, it feels stiff, it lacks the impact of even the old PS3 games. The settings have been great in the new games; the combat not so much. Hard to see how people perceive this as a good thing.
Different strokes for different folks. I personally love the combat from the last 3 games games and felt like the combat has gotten better with each new iteration. I vastly prefer the combat from Valhalla for example compared to say Unity and Syndicate.