• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Damn man, this was such a terrific game. Great music, story, and setting in particular.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
This game added so much to the mythology of the franchise only for ubi to throw it all away.

Oct 30, 2017
One of the best and greatest games in last generation, one of the biggest upgrades you can see in a sequel... that ending and sense of mystery stills top notch.

Also this is the first time I feel like a game has came out longer... the many AC games that came after is the reason.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
An excelente game, the best one in the series for me followed by Black Flag which happened to be my last AC.

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Still my favourite. That Intro, those characters and more importantly that soundtrack.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Magical game that sadly hasn't been surpassed yet by its own franchise, and is unlikely to do so because Ubisoft the corporation doesn't even get the series.

It will always stay with me as a experience that highlights the importance of a artistic vision over a sum of its parts approach.

Oct 28, 2017
Uncovering that Adam and Eve clip is hands down the greatest thing in gaming.
source.gif

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic game. Followed by Brotherhood which was even better. Ezio trilogy was great

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
The presentation video at E3 2009 really got me hooked. Great game, sublime OST (still my favorite since all that time) and the revelation with Eve and Adam was incredible.

There are ups and downs in the series, but AC2 will remain untouchable.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I still think the series peaked at AC3, but Ezio's trilogy is still great.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
2 + Brotherhood were the series high for quite some time, but I think Origins and Odyssey finally surpassed them. Nuts it took that long though.

How well do they hold up? The remasters are on sale at the moment on PS4.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Still my favorite AC game. Loved Ezio's story and the OST was amazing. Tour of Venice was one of my favs.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I'm old. I remember playing this before class in my first semester of college.

Such a good game, I miss when Patrice was in control of the series. The subject 16 video glyphs were amazing.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
The way it addressed the criticism of the first game and improved everything that didn't work was spectacular. One of the best handled sequels ever. I haven't played the series much after that so I can't compare it to future games.

Also I concur the Adam and Eve video mystery was amazing. Uncovering it might be one of my favourite moments in gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
Magical game that sadly hasn't been surpassed yet by its own franchise, and is unlikely to do so because Ubisoft the corporation doesn't even get the series.

It will always stay with me as a experience that highlights the importance of a artistic vision over a sum of its parts approach.
Cause they did everything they could to fuck over Patrice. The man was/is the heart of the series.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My favorite of the series, hands down. In my opinion there hasn't been another game in the series where the OST is married to the gameplay and cutscenes so perfectly for the entire game.

Ezio is also so loveable, the goat.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
An absolutely fantastic game, an highlight of the previous generation and one of the best jumps in quality between sequels.

And yet ubisoft never even got close to having the same impact with the AC games. The defining traits of the series has always been interesting time periods with great architecture condusive to the parkour and likeable characters. Origins was good but I didn't like the rpg aspects of it.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
*takes off in Da Vinci's glider*

Guard: "SHOOT! Shoot the flying demon!!"

I always laugh at that bit.

Oh, and anyone who missed that QTE to hug Da Vinci is a monster.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
This and Brotherhood are pretty much inseparable for me, they were both born from the same backbone. Too bad things went south with Patrice, the franchise has never been the same without him despite having good games.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
What a game indeed! I don't think any protagonist will ever top Ezio for me. Also the soundtrack was amazing.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Black Flag is my favourite AC game despite the stupid amount of trailing missions but AC2 and the Ezio trilogy is easily the peak of AC. Nowadays it feels like a series that's just continuing on its name alone. Not a knock on its quality but it's not the same series any longer.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Brotherhood is my fav of all time but this is the assassins creed that made assassins creed, the foundatoon everything after built from. What ama amazing game, story and experience overall.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Are the remasters any good? Loved II and Brotherhood, kinda want to play them again without unboxing the PS3.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
The presentation video at E3 2009 really got me hooked. Great game, sublime OST (still my favorite since all that time) and the revelation with Eve and Adam was incredible.

There are ups and downs in the series, but AC2 will remain untouchable.

I remember the crowd going " Ouhhhhhhhh" when he did the double hidden blade stab

Good times

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
So many memorable moments. And Ezio is still the best Assassin's Creed protagonist. What a journey seeing how he started as an apprentice assassin hellbent on revenge and then becoming the mentor of the order.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
A classic. What an absolute superhero leap from Assassin's Creed 1 which was ok to Assassin's Creed 2 that just....wow.

Will forever be in my top 2 favourite games.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Best setting in AC games, loved every location and completed all side activities. Crappy story though, by the end of the game I forgot why I was killing people (aside from templars = evil) and Ezio is a boring James Bond type of protagonist. I loved the lore bits, all the files you can unlock, and the ending is awesomely stupid. Punching the pope never gets old.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never understood the hype for this game. I played for several hours and felt invincible in combat which completely drained my enjoyment.