• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
https://www.vooks.net/assassins-creed-iii-remastered-for-switch-now-listed-on-ubisofts-website/

Late last week Assassin's Creed III Remastered was given a release date for all the other consoles and PC, but not the Switch. It's been rumoured to be coming to the Switch, listed at retailers even – but now there's even more fuel on the fire.

Ubisoft themselves now list it as coming to the Switch.

You need to be logged in to see it, but on the Ubisoft Club website, the game is clearly listed as coming to the Switch. Whether or not that's going to be the same release date, or it could still just be a mistake – but at this point, we're going to believe it.
Screencap at link.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
That's pretty neat. AC3 should be loved on every platform. :)

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
They didn't announce it last week.

This means....Nintendo Direct is coming.

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of wish that so many websites didn't sort of spoil what would be revealed during an upcoming Direct. Granted, this and Spyro were somewhat expected picks, but

the Danganronpa trilogy

would have been something I would have been surprised to see.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Well there it is.

I'll get it day one. I want more AC games on Switch. And Ubisoft games in general, really.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Bought this game on the Wii U, I don't think I ever finished it. Nor I ever will lol, this game is a huge snoreeefest

Ahoy have been the ezio collection

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cool, yet another game announced for all plattaforms that is actually coming to switch, but the marketing hide this fact for reasons. Congrats to everyone involved.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
They should port Watch_Dogs to the Switch too. The Wii U version wasn't that bad

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Yes?
Ezio Collection is already out on PS4 and One
Rogue too
III and Liberation were the next to get the remastered treatment.
They'll probably throw the older remasters on Switch too eventually after this sells. Ubi loves their catalog ports on the platform (Rayman Legends, South Park 1-2, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, etc).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Although it's not really the worst kept secret, i just want to say this:

Worst kept secret for the worst AC. "It's like poetry."

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy to see the clearest confirmation yet that this is coming to the Switch! Now all I want to see confirmed is that everything in the "set" will be included on the cartridge.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why not port Ezio Trilogy? those games are more critically acclaimed and have never been released on Nintendo Consoles unlike 3

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad that this is the most boring AC I ever played. Any other than this would have had me on board, but I can't suffer again through this one. Bring Ezio collection and I will buy that twice.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Real question: Does it have it's online mode? AC's online was really underrated and then they stripped it from current gen versions.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
It's probably because they are remastering it for the xb1 and ps4 season pass holders already so why not

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brotherhood had a cool setting and a great multiplayer mode. III has nothing.

I haven't played Syndicate, though, so I don't care about that one :P
3's MP was the pinnacle of AC MP.

Also Brotherhood was an asset flip with a nonsensical story. 3 has the best setting in the series and an amazing character dynamic in Connor and Haytham.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It's what's coming to the other platforms next.

They might do further games in future but those would be isolated Switch releases. With III and Liberation coming to all platforms Ubisoft can at least guarantee some synchronicity when it comes to word of mouth.

hence the "why tho?" do they see any significant sales potential in a standalone remaster of III considering?
I think it'll probably do okay. At a minimum it's the first major AC game to be playable on handheld - Bloodlines and Liberation were both limited and short compared to the main console releases. It probably doesn't have to sell that much to be worth Ubisoft's time porting it.

They should port Watch_Dogs to the Switch too. The Wii U version wasn't that bad
They should go straight for Watch_Dogs 2. It should be within the Switch's capabilities and would comfortably be the most technically ambitious third party open world game on the system.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Why not port Ezio Trilogy? those games are more critically acclaimed and have never been released on Nintendo Consoles unlike 3
They probably already plan to port the Ezio trilogy, but this gives them the opportunity to sell the same product at the same time across all platforms, which they wouldn't get with the Ezio trilogy.

What games appeared on Wii U isn't relevant to Switch. Only a tiny fraction of Wii U owners bought ACIII, and that tiny fraction represent an even smaller portion of Switch owners. There's probably significantly more overlap between Odyssey season pass holders and Switch owners than there is between ACIII Wii U owners and Switch owners.