• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

Featured on the Japan Direct a bit ago.

It looks like this will work similarly to Resident Evil 7, where the game is streamed to your Switch. I didn't catch if it has a subscription/time fee.

8,400 Yen + tax, download only
Allows you to play the game for 730 days.

Last edited:

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Well then... here for the ensuing mess.

EEKR0TL.gif

ajcacio

Mar 6, 2018
I vaguely remember the RE7 version...has it come out yet? What's the general consensus regarding performance? How much processing would Odyssey actually do on the device?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean what else can they do?

This should be good enough considering the game would never run on the switch without tons of work. Those who do not care about the technical side of things should probably not have issues.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can imagine this will come to the US once Nintendo online is launched. Maybe.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3rd parties are starting to get thirsty enough for Switch that they're legitimately streaming their big games that couldn't run on the hardware

I think somebody alluded to seeing more of that in the future

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
3rd parties are starting to get thirsty enough for Switch that they're legitimately streaming their big games that couldn't run on the hardware

I think somebody alluded to seeing more of that in the future
Seems like as opposed to the Wii, third parties recognize a huge number of core gamers on the Switch who'll buy pretty much everything.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I vaguely remember the RE7 version...has it come out yet? What's the general consensus regarding performance? How much processing would Odyssey actually do on the device?
I'd like to know this as well. Obviously a solid connection is needed for streaming to work effectively, but if it gets the job done, I don't see the problem.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sounds like the cloud experiments are gonna be japan only until the rest of the world catches up. Aka for a long time.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like stream gaming will be important part of Nintendo's future too.

Btw, Ubisoft, you have the biggest manpower and resources of all, why don't you downport the game? You used to do that really well on Wii, make your magic work on Switch too.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
The cloud solution is definitely a lot better than what 3rd parties used to do on the Wii. if the Switch is your only option you get to play a full port of the game and not some downgraded Dead Rising Chop till you drop port that ends up being terrible.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
They really couldn't just port the back catalog? I don't mind this for those stranded in Switch Land, but streaming experiences are completely antithetical to the Switch imo.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Power of the cloud.
Well, Switch is a very appealing console so they seem to be doing what's reasonably possible to "port" the game to Switch.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This is a good compromise. Devs can still pursue the highest tech for the other systems while not having to scale back to accommodate Switch.

And the gap will only get worse next gen.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
That's actually awesome

I wish it was available everywhere, honestly pretty cool haha

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. A version without sacrificing a lot is unrealistic so cool to see Japan gets the option to stream.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm assuming this is going to be full price, but I wonder if sending it out at a lower price point would be a good idea here? I kind of want to grab this version just to see how it performs.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming this is going to be full price, but I wonder if sending it out at a lower price point would be a good idea here? I kind of want to grab this version just to see how it performs.
I'm sure it will be similar to resident evil 7 and you rent it for certain periods of time only.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They really couldn't just port the back catalog? I don't mind this for those stranded in Switch Land, but streaming experiences are completely antithetical to the Switch imo.

This is probably a low cost/low resource option for a fairly small region. I don't expect this to be any part of a larger movement for Nintendo when it comes to the Switch. I believe there were similar streaming options for playing DQ11 on 3DS and tablets so it's not new for Japan.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd have to be pretty desperate to stream a game instead of playing it locally on another system. I guess if you only had a switch, and for some reason expected games like AC Odyssey to come there, then this is...cool? I guess?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'd have to be pretty desperate to stream a game instead of playing it locally on another system. I guess if you only had a switch, and for some reason expected games like AC Odyssey to come there, then this is...cool? I guess?

This is who its for in a particular region. Options don't hurt.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Look at it this way
Streaming means they are not dependng on hardware specs.
Than means in theory they will be able to pull that same stun with 9th gen games.

Going by PS4 vs Switch, its obvious Switch will be the face of console gaming in Japan.
So intesd of just drop thst market of whatever they can sell on PS4 and whatever small market share PS5 might get, threy will be able to out of the gate capitalize on the Switch userbase overthere

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt mind playing such a long game as origins and odyssey on my switch, even if its on clud.

Bring it to spain! We have great internet speeds for fucking cheap here.

Well, will still play odyssey on my pc when it releases, but playing in small sessions on my bed would have been great.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
This is probably a low cost/low resource option for a fairly small region. I don't expect this to be any part of a larger movement for Nintendo when it comes to the Switch. I believe there were similar streaming options for playing DQ11 on 3DS and tablets so it's not new for Japan.
I get it, but that doesn't make the lack of any real AC Switch announcement less frustrating.

They just announced ACIII and Liberation remasters ffs.

well at least some assassins creed i guess (was hoping for ezio collection)

I would have even settled for just Rogue alone.

Last edited: