• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Is there a good guide or way to tell which side content is worthwhile and what is busywork?

Marked sidequests, character quests, tales of greece usually often have some story elements to them and will often take you to unique places. I think these all have an exclamation mark on the map. They're kinda all worth it. Most every island will have its own quest chains associated with it. The game has 2 other major main quest prongs in addition to the main story -- the assassinations, and the mythology which you need to explore for find out, though in the process of the main quest you make some headway into them iirc. There's also the nemesis system-ish mercenary stuff which is good and ties into various quest arcs on some islands.

The stuff like clearing bandit camps, nation power battles etc. is far more skippable.

It's an absolutely massive game, with a density of meaningful content up there with something like Witcher 3, even if sometimes the writing isn't quite as good.

Also turn down level scaling if you want to have an easier time.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Dumb question: This doesn't carry over your save data from Xbox if you're installing the game on PC, does it?

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Never played this but instantly like it a lot more than Origins, which didn't really click for me.
The combat system feels better too compared to origins, much more fluid.

It's great when patience pays off.
Here I am, being able to experience this game for "free" via Gamepass and in 60 FPS on the whisper quiet Series X.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Just so weird to me that you can't use shields in this game, like Greek Hoplite shields are a pretty famous thing. I know the reasoning was to speed up the combat but in action rpg sorta games I always go sword and board

Garulon

Jul 22, 2020
Never played this but instantly like it a lot more than Origins, which didn't really click for me.
The combat system feels better too compared to origins, much more fluid.

It's great when patience pays off.
Here I am, being able to experience this game for "free" via Gamepass and in 60 FPS on the whisper quiet Series X.

I've been re-playing with HUD disabled nightmare difficulty and exploration mode since early July, not for everyone but the combat gets way more immersive with no icons or health bars, a crowd of people can kill you in seconds